Secret jardin lodge 90 x 60 x 135
( 60 x 60 flower + 30 x 60 grow)
Lumitek 250w dimmable (flower)
Secretary jardin monkey fan x 2
Vents TT inline 125mm 285m3
Prima klima filter 240m3
3 x 11L square pots
Guanokalong soil, organic nutrients and boosters.
3 x Kandy Kush
Secret jardin Tneon fixture 110w
Secret jardin CFL bulb 65w
1 x 110mm computer fan
2 x 120mm computer fan
Going to upgrade to a small inline fan and small carbon filter rated at 75m3, with the hopes of using this section to dry the first crop in, provided the plants in growth are ready for the move to hps.
So I wanted to start growing again but space is really limited and I'm lucky I can even have a small tent where I am so I really liked the idea of a 2 in one tent, I was however apprehensive about light leaks, which was and is valid concern.
I actually quite like this tent but it took some extra work to actually make the signs light proof from each other.
The walled divider is removable and attachable with velcro and straps. The actual corner points are the biggest issue, they let light in. Nothing lots of duct tape can't fix. Well after fixing that and looking myself inside the dark 60x60 flowering section with a light on in the grow section...... I could see a bright glow coming from the top plastic joins.
Basically the joins are made of clear plastic, because the three poles don't actually touch there is a gap which let's light pass through the corner plastic and right down the poles to the next corner join. Nothing more duct tape couldn't fix. I also taped around all the velcro joins and and stitching holes on the wall divider, which were very visible and letting many dots of light, some reflective tape sorted all that.
Once again inside the tent with the zip closed and it's as good as it's ever Going To Get.
I have never flowered a plant in such a short space, so actually hoped to use the secret jardin scrognet thing they call webIT, but technically it doesn't work in this tent without adding to possible light leak problems and even more tape. No problem I'll do without this grow and work on building a small scrog net above each pot for future grows.
Had full intention of popping beans from my collection but a friend popped over for a coffee and said he had been given some extra kandy kush clones and they were currently in his house under natural light (12/12 kind of).
Fuck it yeah I'll take them veg for a week or 2 and try and keep them short while germinating and growing some seeds.
He arrives a few days later with several "clones' or as I would call these baby stretched out plants, fuck they were taller than I wanted and in need of a transplant from the 9cm pots. Lucky there were 3 just that bit shorter than the rest, so I took them.
Transplanted into 11l pots where they will hopefully flower with Guanokalong soil mix. I used the hanging S type hooks which came with the tent to bend the plant tops over and attach to the lip of each boot. A few days later and they were bushing out as I wanted with lower branches shooting up to over take the now curving top, for more days and I released the tops to keep a semi even canopy
I think they are now on two weeks of 18/6, bit more than I wanted. I prolonged so I could take a few clones but was not ready with the veg area until this evening. Clones dipped, in jiffy pellets, in a propagator and under a 65w CFL, temperature and humidity good and the flower section went into 12/12 this evening.
Biggest challenge is going to be plant height and heat. I can't run the hps above 175w or it gets to hot in there, which is why I got a dimmable ballast.
Long and boring I know but that's it's so far. Thanks for reading, any questions, please ask and I'll post some pictures soon!