Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Uniseals'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Mod Section
  • The Basics
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Know how for starters
    • This Website
    • Test
  • Green Stuff
    • General Talk
    • Bugs, Pests & Diseases
    • Budshots
    • Growguide Talk
    • Growguide
    • Organic growing
  • Genetics
    • Genetics
  • Tests, Experiments and Science
    • OpenGrow tests, reviews and interviews
    • OpenGrow Test Lab
  • Indoor Growing
    • Indoor Talk
    • Grow Reports
    • Micro-Fluo
    • Grow room design
    • Hydro
  • Outdoor Growing
    • Outdoor Talk
    • Grow reports
    • Guerrilla
  • Breeders Forums
    • Sannie's Corner
    • Dynasty Seeds
    • Eskobar Seeds
    • Underground Seed Collective
    • NAW seeds
    • Upcoming breeders
  • The use
    • The Kitchen
    • Medicinal Cannabis
    • Smoke reports
    • The Hash maker
  • The Lounge
    • Current affairs
    • The Grapevine

Categories

  • Articles
    • Forum Integration
    • Frontpage
  • Pages
  • Miscellaneous
    • Databases
    • Templates
    • Media

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. starinhazy

    DIY RDWC

    So a while ago I was reading one of these hydro threads and we were talking about uniseals and bulkheads, as promised I would pass along how I did mine, here is a small log of my system. I ran this this outdoors and with veggies but you can get the point. I have done quite a few hydro systems (Aeroponics, bubble buckets, superponics, NFT) but I never did a RDWC before and boy results are impressive. If you got space, it would definitely be a way to go, IMO. So enough with the talk heres the real. SO get yourself some parts. I used: Uniseals - (So far I am very impressed, Ill let you know how they work in year 2), I went with 1.5” for bottom connections and 1” for the top. I used PVC pipe and also used the rubber Adjustable PVC right angles for assembly and disassemble. I didnt want all the PVC to be glued together. Get yourself some containers, try to find this type of plastic, I tried some others and the harder the plastic the worse it is with the uniseals, I was getting cracking and blowouts, these did the job nicely. We use them for clothes hampers and I had a few with broken handles (great way to repurpose) Get a hole saw and saw do some work Did a test on uniseals before I got too carried away…. Here is the initial design/layout. Here is what I ended up with, added the extra tank and gave myself 12 sites. Got a strong flow through the bottom and major airstones in each along with 3 in the controller. Heres a peek inside, as you can see, lots of bubbles. Some progress shots 3 weeks after planted 6 weeks 8 weeks. it got crazy, around week 8 as that is when I started getting fruit, it continued for about another 6-8 weeks after, this garden ended in Late October, it overtook my structure and pool deck next years plan is to spread out the sites and allow plants more room to breathe, I lose some yard, but could get more I think, time will tell
×
×
  • Create New...