•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Guest DaMiss

How To Post Pictures On This Forum

Guest DaMiss

To help people find their way on the forum i thought it might be useful if i described the proces of making a gallery and posting photos step by step. We ask people to place their photo's in a Gallery in Opengrow, so there's no risk that the pictures disappear and suddenly we are faced with red crosses in our topics. The goal is to preserve the best information. And preserving the pictures, we all love to see, is really important to keep the info alive.

Furthermore, I describe how to use the photos directly in your topic and not place a link, where the reader then needs to click on. I think it is much easier to read with the photographs right in your topic.

Ultimately it is a rather long story, with many screenshots. I really hope that this is clear to everyone, so everyone can create a Gallery and use the photos in their topics. Do not be intimidated by the number screenshosts. If you do it once, you will see that it is not so difficult.

I will describe the following steps:

• Step 1: Go to the gallery
  • Step 2 till 4: Create an album
  • Step 5 till 8: Uploading photo's to an album
  • Step 9: Copying an URL for use in a post on the forum
  • Step 10 till 12: Posting the photo in the message on the forum
  • Step 13: A quick and dirty way to place the URL in your post

Okay, here we go...... :specool

Step 1: Go to the Gallery

Click in the green menu bar placed under the Opengrow Header on the 'My Controls' link.

gallery_14_4_91015.jpg

Step 2: Create an album

Now you see your control panel. Click in the menu on the left side, in the second block, a link named 'Your Albums'

gallery_14_4_85970.jpg

Step 3:

Now you see in the left block the link 'Click here to create your first album'. Do it!

gallery_14_4_56317.jpg

Step 4:

Enter the information for your new photo album. Fill in some kind of description, this is mandatory :verrygood

gallery_14_4_27680.jpg

If you want others to be able to access your album, then check the checkbox 'Public'. If you do not, you are able to post photo's from this album, but others cannot scroll through this album.

gallery_14_4_45630.jpg

Press "Create Album" to create your album and the first album is created :smoke

Step 5: Uploading photo's to an album

After creating your album you get back to the album manager page where you see your new album listed. The last item of the information shown is a list with operations you can take on that album, named "Select an operation"

gallery_14_4_14378.jpg

Step 6:

Choose behind your album for action "Bulk upload" to add image(s) to your photo album. If it is just one you could use "Upload image", but i find that one to much work with all kinds of titles and descriptions to fill in (mandatory). So for one photo is still use "Bulk Upload".

gallery_14_4_91949.jpg

Step 7:

Now a new screen appears with six boxes for six pictures. Press the button "Browse" on the first line. A small window appears where you can search the directories on your own computer for the photo file you want to load and click on "Open". You do not have to worry about reducing your photo. If the photo is too large, then it will automatically be reduced by Opengrow. But then the original file will be send to the server. This can take some time with large files. If you know how to do it then you can also resize your photos before sending them, so they are a lot smaller and it takes less time to send them to the server. Just what you prefer.

If you have entered the directory paths of the photo's you want to upload, click "Upload Multiple Files".

gallery_14_4_5702.jpg

Especially when it involves larger pictures, this can take a while (a few minutes). This depends of course on the speed of your Internet connection. It is important that you have patience and just wait until step 8 appears.

Step 8:

When the upload is done you automatically arrive in a page where all the photo's in your album are shown in small format (thumbnails) with some information underneath each picture. By clicking on the picture you want to see in more detail, ......

gallery_14_4_42180.jpg

.....it appears big on top of a new page.

gallery_14_4_120195.jpg

By clicking on the small pictures in the filmstrip below the big picture, or by using the buttons "First", "Previous", "Next" and "Last", you can select the Photo you want to show in your forum message.

Step 9: Copying an URL for use in a post on the forum

gallery_14_4_5431.jpg

On the right you see a box with information on that photo. In another box you find some URL's you can use for linking. The one we want is the third one called "Image Link". Click on the box and the text inside will be automatically selected. Use <Ctrl> <C> or rightclick the Image Link box and choose "Copy". The URL of your photo is now stored on your clipboard to use later.

Step 10: Posting the photo in the message on the forum

Go to the forum and post a new message. Type your whole story and ultimately place the cursor at the spot where you want to insert your photo. Then press the button (above box where you can type) with the photo on it (fourth from the right) to indicate that you want to insert an image.

gallery_14_4_67686.jpg

Step 11:

A small window pops up to ask for the URL (address) of the image you want to insert. We just copied that on your clipboard and now you can paste this in the box by using <Ctrl> <V> or right clicking in the text box and chosing "Paste". Click "OK"

gallery_14_4_144007.jpg

Step 12:

Voila! Your picture is now added to your posting. As you can see is the URL of the image put between [ img] and [/ img].

gallery_14_4_64739.jpg

You can click on "Preview Post" underneath the messagebox to check how your message finally appears. Finally, click on "Add Repy" to post your topic.

As you see, the photo is posted. In the black header on top of the photo you will find information about how much the pic is reduced and if you click the link, a new window will open and show the picture in your gallery.

gallery_14_4_44189.jpg

Step 13: A quick and dirty way to place the URL in your post

Upload pictures to an album or search the one you want from an album. Open the big version of that photo.

In step 9 you copied the 'Image Link' from the box right to the big picture. In that same box you will find a 'BBCode':

gallery_14_4_87120.jpg

Click on that BBCode box to select the text in that box. When it turned blue press buttons <CTRL> and <C> simultaneous. You have copied the BBCode to you clipboard.

Now you can use this BBCode in the post you want by pasting it with the buttons <CTRL> and <V> in the textbox:

gallery_14_4_63205.jpg

To post another photo, just look that one up and copy that BBCode and paste it in the text of your post.

You are ready! You can quietly lean back and wait for the reactions of others while enjoying a :smoke

I love this

Thx miss now stilo can put this in the help button :verrygood

greetz sannie

Hmmm, seems very strange to be on a forum that is goiong to be as busy as hell in a jiffy but now only has 10 members...

• Like 1

I know the feeling

When you see this you know know that the users make a forum :verrygood

greetz sannie

Yeah make a nice sticky out of it and post it in all of the forums, that seems like a good idea, since there will be pics in all of the forums...

Hi DaMiss,

Or i'm as dumb as a donkey or there's something going wrong with my account... :Pc:

At Step 3 (when clicking on "Your Albums") i get this message:

"No access permissions

Sorry, the board administrator has not enabled your permissions for this part of the control panel."

Could you help me to sort this out, please ? :verrygood

Phono

This is a error where estillo has to look at ,for the meanwhile you can use the upload on wietforum.

greetz sannie

A simple and easy way to post pictures with this album is to copy the BBcode: Click once on the BBcode field on the right (first field, NOT the url) and copy with <ctrl><c>

Then go to your post and paste with <ctrl><v>

That will result in this picture:

gallery_59_23_242063.jpg

Furthermore: It's no use uploading pictures with dimension exceeding 1200 pixels on either side, as the forum resizes it to a max of 1200 pixels. Save yourself a lot of upload time and scale them before you upload.

gallery_59_25_636.gif

For my first post I'd like to say hi to everyone and thanks DaMiss for this tutorial. Gonna try to post some pics as a test, here's some Karmatrain (trainwreck x buddhas sister) cos she's a beaut........er hopefully.

gallery_269_48_226313.jpg

gallery_269_48_1400508.jpg

gallery_269_48_227464.jpg

Take care

C

• Like 2

Beatiful pic, and what a way to say high ;)

Trying to load a pic, this is just a test, please bare with me

picture of lava rocks, I use in my grow medium

gallery_264_82_654569.jpg

The last picture is where I broke, and crushed the lava rocks up, so the roots, can easily feed on the trace elements..

The plants do seem to like this source of minerals, and many trace elements the lava rocks have...IMO

gallery_264_82_477581.jpg

Edited by holydiver
Abusive use of quote

For my first post I'd like to say hi to everyone and thanks DaMiss for this tutorial. Gonna try to post some pics as a test, here's some Karmatrain (trainwreck x buddhas sister) cos she's a beaut........er hopefully.

gallery_269_48_226313.jpg

gallery_269_48_1400508.jpg

gallery_269_48_227464.jpg

Take care

C

hey brother-nice to meet ya!Great photo's and gardening skillz-lovely purps!

awesome wish there was one in english when i joined up :D just shows what a great community we have here at OG people from all over the world with one passion

Oh pls guys im really struggling ere/.Help me pls someone i have read it and i see the link but no pics .Ive had no problems uploading in albums but as far as my grow report and people knowing what im doing is a big no no??.

Hi guys, am i being thick here but i cant find how to delete photos once they are in my gallery? I uploaded some by mistake! Cheers. :grinning_respect:

Hi rampant...

If you open your gallery to the pic ya want deleted....you should seed an Options box w/ a drop down menu...

Select delete image....

Peace...wpw

Thanks for the fast reply wpw! :grinning_respect: In the drop down options bar i can only see Edit, Move and Report image. Am i looking in te right place please?

I still cannot delete and pics. I thought i had found a way around it by creating a new album, moving pics into it and then deleting the whole album but it tells me i dont have permission to do that? Anyone else having these problems please? :verrygood

I am having trouble posting up a picture into my thread from my gallery. When I right click on the hi lighted image link for a pic I want to post nothing happens. I don't get a short cut menu/option to copy and paste the link into the insert image window. any help will be appreciated.

hey there Island my friend you can do it with gallery_164_1217_17283.jpg

take out the *'s and it will look like above

peace and be safe

Dequelo

Thanks my friend :D for what ever reason my right click doesn't work..what a nightmare :grinning_respect: I typed in the link manually and it seems to work..holy smokes I sure hope that's not how it's gonna have to be or it gonna be some one pic group shots for island hahahaha

thanks again man!

peace, island