Anesthesia Test Grow

345 replies to this topic

#1 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

Right! The Amnesia Haze is not ready yet (about 5-6 weeks to go) but it's a good time to start with my new strain Anesthesia. A grow report of this strain in in my 2007 outdoor topic (mothers started in scrog outdoor)

This is the full story:

Anesthesia

Introduction:
The old Positronics Skunk Afghani was a very popular strain among indica lovers, but in recent years only available as cutting. With a Motarebel Herijuana injection we give this old favourite a new future. A crossbreeding that can hardly go wrong.

Description:
An extreme Indica, a hybrid of a legendary Positronics Skunk Afghani female and a by Sannie bred and selected selected Motarebel Herijuana male. They are both very bushy compact plants although the Herijuana has a bit more open structure. The Afghani Skunk buds are very crunchy, compact, heavy and solid, they stick to your fingers. A dark, sweet aromatic smoke. The Herijuana buds are a bit smaller, covered in resin and renown for high THC percentage. The stoned is sometimes described as narcotic.

This heavy indica will be one for experienced smokers. It should be a deep and intense indica stoned, almost -anesthetic, and leave you with a deep feeling of peace and satisfaction.

Origins:
Positronics Afghani Skunk x Sannie bred and selected Motarebel Herijuana. F1, mostly Indica

Expected vegetative period: 5-6 weeks
Expected flowering period: 8 weeks
Expected yield: Moderate - good. Very compact heavy buds
F1 harvested 28 October 2007
F1a = normal flowering period selection
F1b = short flowering period selection

It's been posted in a few topics before but this saves you the search.

At this moment the F1a is tested in The Netherland (is going to be sold in Sannies Shop in breeders choice), the F1b is tested in the UK and the canaries (Hi phil! :wacko: ) ans is going to available through UK420. I had two mothers, mother B flowered a bit earlier, therefor she has been kept seperate.

I finally have my veg box organised. It's a IKEA PS cabinet. No worries about light leaks, it's a veg box and it stands in a dark room ;). If needed I can easily close those with some rubber.

I did not put in the middle shelf that seperates the two halves but instead adjusted a normal shelf so the upper space is a hit higher.

Light: CFL 210 watt 6500 K, I measure about 20.000 - 25.000 lux at soil height at this distance (thanks Midian!). That's about 1/3 of what I have under 1 kW at top height in my cabinet so should be ***quite*** enough for my seeds.

Tomorrow I am going to connect the fan to the back panel. The 125mm fan will stand next to it on top of the filter and will be dimmer regulated. I need a real good fan because those CFL's do give a lot of heat. I have to see if I need air inlet because there are holes everywhere in this cabinet, but if I need one it's going to be in the bottom compartment (so the nutes there stay cool). There is space before and after the shelf for circulation. The shelve itself will be insulated and will have heating to 23 degrees celcius (with a small digital thermostat). The light is hanging on a shelf that's upside down and has 2 hooks in it. The inside will be isolated too and covered with reflection foil.

Tomorrow I'll finish the cabinet and then the seeds go in! I need 5 females, so I'm going to pop 12 to be sure.

Anyway, the pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
<!--ImageUrlBegin--><!--ImageUrlEBegin-->Posted Image<!--ImageUrlEnd--><!--ImageUrlEEnd-->

<!--ImageUrlBegin--><!--ImageUrlEBegin-->Posted Image<!--ImageUrlEnd--><!--ImageUrlEEnd-->

Plan is as follows:

1. Germinate and veg as long as possible in the PS
2. When the my Amnesia Haze is ready (in about 5-6 weeks) they go under 400 watt HPI, I hope they show gender then already so I can repot them
3. flower under a combo HPI / HPS

Germination: pitpots, seeds pre-soaked in Humic Acid and bacto, then combination seeding soil / compost
Compost: re-used compost from outdoor, upgraded with Rock dust, Maerl, wormhumus, kelp, humic acid, Bentoniet, Blood meal, Bone meal, bacto and AN Piranha, treated with BAC The Final Solution. It's going te be mixed tomorrow, covered, and let to rest untill needed.
Nutes:
- First soil: Bacto/Piranha, BAC roots
- Veg: Bacto/Piranha, Vitrasol, BN X-cel, possibly a bit of BAC grow
- Bloom: Bacto/Piranha, Vitrasol, BN X-cel, Bud XL, a bit of Bac Bloom

Once in a while some of the BAC products such as Final Solution in week 5 bloom, every two weeks a bit of Humic Acid and Kelp together with Sannies Bacto and AN Piranha fungi, once a week a bit of Calgel - the afghani parents really need a lot of calcium!

#2 weetje

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

So i've to speak english also, ahum, oke,
i nice set up, man.

is there a warning for the foreign vieuwers ??????????????
Do they know what they are going to see in a few weeks?

WHAZZUP-MEGA-GROW-WARNING

KIDS DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

ghehehe good luck whazzup,

greatles from the minilab.
Basicgrowers from Friesland

#3 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

hehe "results from the past do not guarantee any succes in the future"

The game is on Weetje ;)

Do try this at home but remember: better safe than sorry. :wacko:

#4 Guest_ASGrow_*

• Guests

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

Hey Whazzupski,

Good thing, starting this new topic. The other topics got a bit ahuh I dunno? :wacko: Never was a big fan of the Never Ending Story books/movies.

Maybe it is a contemporary disease instead of generation problem, short attention span. :smoke

Seeing your kabinet reminds me, we'd love a sample of that humic acid and kelp. ;)
We're trying to set up a test case for soil which starts in 6/7 weeks.

Is the ladies tennis finals on already?

Hoedoe from Eindhoven,

AS Grow

#5 Aad

Semi retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:20 AM

I am trying it at home ;) .
I like it so far ;) .
@ASGrow
Maybe it's a case of impatience? :wacko: (good things come to those who w...)edit,sorry ASGrow,misinterpretation on my part,i thought you were refering to other anesthesiagrows instead of the ongoing whazzup-saga ;) :no
I'll be following this thread carefully of course.
Grow big and prosper. :smoke
Grtz Aad

ps. I probably should get some Calgel for my babies too,judging by what i've read?

#6 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:17 AM

@ASgrow: Yes, the other topics were starting to become a soap series. Very popular but really without finish. ;) I'll get you some of that stuff very shortly.

@aad: I would wait with the calgel untill blooming. If you have enough mearl in your compost (which you have) you shouldn't worry. The plants look very nice indeed aad.

#7 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

Something is glowing...
Posted Image

There we go.. The new PS series is very easy to build and dismantle, not one screw ot bolt! That made it a lot wasier for me to make 2 125mm holes, one in the back (for connection to my next cabinet in the future and extra intake for now) and one on the side (for extraction) right next to the cfl. Fan on top of the filter, stands on the floor but now but I am going to hang it up with the fan to prevent any rumble and noise.
Posted Image

Connection to the left (inox bolts of course)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And the one behind the reflector on the back, now acting as an extra air intake
Posted Image

Sockets, high in the cabinet. Not switched yet as the light stays on 24 hours. Still need to shorten the CFL cable.
Posted Image

The junction box in the bottom part. Now still quite empty but I will need a separate box for the controls later. The rubber power cord comes in at the bottom.
Posted Image

I used one shelf upside down in the top of the cabinet to hang the light. Wanted thick rubber bands but this is fine.
Posted Image

Fan quite low, temp in the propagator
Posted Image

I'm tuning it to just above 23 at the moment, no circulation fan installed yet. Ventilation seems to be fine, air is coming in from several sides.

#8 sannie

Breeder

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3008 posts
  • Interests:Strong creepy sativa dominant hybrids

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:17 PM

I pull up a chair and going to enjoy another great thread in the make from master Whazzup ;)
A lott off succes with youre home grown beans :wacko:

greetz sannie
Sannie seeds
Sannie Photogallery

Organic al the way

#9 Guest_Krekwakwou_*

• Guests

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:23 PM

Very nice cabinet,i wish i was only half as creative and handy like you! ;)
Good luck with your Anesthesia's!

I'll be following this one!

Grtz Krekwakwou!

#10 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:26 AM

First I need to be able to control the temperature a bit better. The rvk I use makes too much noise to have it on permanently at the level I need to keep it at 23-24 degrees when the lights in the tent are on. Lights on in the tent increases the environmental temperature in the room with about 2-3 degrees. Now I'm getting 10 meters of insulated ducting tomorrow to change extraction (output will go the another room) but it's not wise to work on your exctraction with a full tent. So, plan B, I'm going to lower the shelf a bit to create a bit more distance and install 2 mini fans to get a better cooling of the cfl. Will be searching for those today. The temp is not a problem later on when the plants are a bit bigger but for the seedlings I really want the exact right temperature. I'm sure I'll get it right today.

To be continued ;)

#11 keesthemad

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
  • Interests:Science.

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:43 AM

Hey whazzup,

Nice to see you're new cabinet in action. Made for succes I would say...

And everytime I read about that fancy lux-meter I'd wish I had one of my own, that probably is one of the first things I'd buy when my closet is finished, no such thing as a pH meter, I want a lux-meter...

When are you starting ? I have not seen any seeds germinating yet, at least not that I can remember... Oh and by the way, what size is that cfl ? And can you still hold it or does it get as hot as an hps ?

Just one question left, with the tubular fan and all of those small holes and openings, doesn't this box make alot of noise ?

Good luck,

Kees.
Join the KTM fanclub

Notting wrong with potatoes.

#12 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

When are you starting ?
When I have my cabinet climate under control

Oh and by the way, what size is that cfl ?
The light part is about as big as a normal reflector, but you have the vsa built in the base, therefor I moved the reflector to cover the light completely

And can you still hold it or does it get as hot as an hps ?
It doesn't get nearly as hot as an HPS, and you can hold it without burning yourself, but it does dissipate a lot of heat. Try 20 x 10 watt CFL on a small area ;)

Just one question left, with the tubular fan and all of those small holes and openings, doesn't this box make a lot of noise ?
The intake holes and openings don't make a lot of noise, but the extraction opening does. I will hang the filter above the cabinet and will probably add a piece of insulated ducting to minimise that.

#13 keesthemad

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:38 PM

Yeah I know whazzup, however, I'd like to know whether this one CFL of 200 watt's is more effective then 10 of 20 watt's or 20 of 10 watt's. This becouse lumen/Watt can change an awfull lot when scaling lamp power up.

That's why I asked about the heat problems...

Kees.
Join the KTM fanclub

#14 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:36 PM

actually Kees, I don't really care ;)

I have this light and it will have to do. It;s a standard 6500K 210 watt Lohuis bulb. The room is already not too cool, so adding a massive cfl in a cabinet dramatically increases the temperature, whatever you will do. Not so bad for plants in veg, but not very nice for seedlings.

The temperature in the cabinet is not that high, it's in the propagator where it gets really warm. I have the temp now down to a bit over 24 celcius. This will have to do. Tonight the selected seeds go into their humic acid solution. for 16 hours. Tomorrow in the pitpots in the cabinet! :wacko:

#15 keesthemad

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:40 PM

Haha, well I care :wacko:.

Eh, why do you germinate them in a propagator, seedlings don't really need the high humidity, at least not as long as temperature is okay, and you've said it yourself that the temperature in the closet itself is okay though a bit on the high side in the propagator.

Might be my bad, but I think were misunderstanding eachother...

Well, eventough you don't care what lamp it is, I like it ;).

Kees.
Join the KTM fanclub

#16 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:46 PM

I germinate in the propagator to ensure the pitpots do not dry out. It's just the easy way. You don't need to worry about humidity etc. They don't get anything at all (and don't need to get anything) untill they are potted. By then they have roots and it will not be that critical anymore. Pitpots do tend to dry out.

#17 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:10 PM

Ok, we're off! I dumped 12 seeds into a humic acid solution to soak 10 - 16 hours before I put them in the pitpots. Tomorrow they are going straight under the light in a nice and warm cllimate. As soon as the first roots show they go into pots with seeding soil and compost.

#18 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:03 AM

12 Amesthesia beans are in, together with 8 other beans for a germination test. That's just for a test to see how the seeds are doing, not for grow. I put in 8 seeds I got 2 and 3 years ago.

The seeds have soaked in Humic Acid for 12 hours, and are now in their pitpots, watered with Bacto, Fungi and a drop of Humic Acid, pH 6,0. They are on a bed of Seramis, also watered with pH 6,0, to maintain humidity and atmosphere. The foil I needed to add because it was getting to warm in my propagator, the seramis absorbed a lot of radiation warmth. It's also handy to write on so you know what you are growing. Seeds in pitpots look a lot alike wink1.gif. The pitpots are still attached to their base, because that's much easier to handle.

The temp is around 23 celcius with the fan at a minimum. Tonight when the lights go on in the tent next to it the fan will be set to a higher speed to maintain the about 23 degrees temperature.

Posted Image

#19 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

Happy to inform you that all 12 seeds have germinated evenly. They are now working their way up. Not a lot to see right now, pictures tonight!

So, germination in about 24 hours. Not bad.

#20 Guest_kobuz_*

• Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:06 AM

Nice going Whazzup, ikea would be proud of you if they would smoke pot ;)