•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Guest DaMiss

The Story Behind Opengrow

Guest DaMiss

The story behind Opengrow

Why this forum? To explain the reason we have to go back in time. To another

It all began with a small Dutch forum, called Wietforum. This forum was launched somewhere in or before 2002 and was a small forum for a few years. The existence of another, much bigger and more popular, Dutch forum contributed to that, I guess. But Wietforum got her lucky break when that forum went down because of some unfortunate internal affairs. Suddenly a lot of Dutch growers and blowers were without meeting point. Some of them choose Wietforum to re-group. Wietforum thrived. It began growing and was getting busier by the week.

But this created problems. The forum began taking too much server load and was threatening his other, more important, tasks. The owner was thinking about pulling the plug on Wietforum. When two members heard about that, they decided to take over the forum. They had experienced that other big Dutch forum going down and did not want to see the same thing happen all over again to Wietforum. They had spend enough hours building the forum, pouring in knowledge and information.

Negotiations went smooth and in a short time they were owners of a forum. The moderator team grew and was enthusiastic in their task. New ideas and new energy did WF grow sky-high. Members build a great forum and the vibe was excellent. Wietforum became a place for all kinds of people from all kinds of back rounds having that one thing in common: the love for Cannabis. Smoking it and growing it. January 2008 had 154727 visits from 80,044 unique visitors.

The great vibe gave us the idea of expanding our horizon and sharing that vibe with the world. We wanted to share the openness, the passion for growing, the information we gathered along the way. We were curious about the rest of the world and their grows. Sannie’s Seeds was growing and international customers were coming to the forum to seek information about his strains and to share their experiences. During 2007 ideas became plans and some enthusiastic members started working on it. Some of us started translating topics, others started building on the forum. The launch had to be before the outdoor season was to start.

And we made it! Here is Opengrow.

gallery_14_4_33978.jpg

The name came from the vibe: open and with respect. That’s important. Open for everyone, open for the world. Our goal is the same vibe for an international community. Sharing knowledge and information about our passion: growing that special plant. And getting to know the blowers and growers on the other side of our beautiful planet.

Peace

;)

You can build the world on PASSION

The plant is our passion

greetz sannie

• Like 20

Hi DaMiss,

Congrats, it's a very nice & lovely introduction text to OpenGrow ;)

And yeah Sannie...Passion & Patience !! :smoke

+ Peace & Respect, :no

Phono :wacko:

• Like 1

Thanks for the good read and the info of where this site came from and why

you all are doing a great job

all the best and thanks

Dequelo

Hi,

It's good to have an international platform where all interested grower of all cyber-communities can join 'n share their experience. One language, one passion, thousand of possibilities. I think opengrow could be or become the missing link between all growers, to see what's goin'on outside of our little growing world. ;)

Lat'

• Like 1

Guest DaMiss

Thanxs guys. I thought it was good to explain how it started. And why some punks from Holland had to start a forum when there are some really great ones out there allready.

didn't I just post something here?

What do you mean Whazzup? Did something go wrong? I don't get it...... ;)

DaMiss

that's one nice piece of history!

I hope this forum will get the same atmosfere as wietforum...

Also I think the initiative of building an english frum is great, it's a nice language

and besides, more people speak it, more people is more joy, more joy is:

OPENGROW

GGV

Hi Guys,

Just joined up and wanted to thank you for making this possible. It takes effort and faith. I sure hope this turns out to be everything you hope for. I'll try and do my part!

Dee

Just finally read that.

Well, I hope it works out and becomes a place where people can learn about all of the many strains and ways of growing out there.

Peace...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Special Thank to DaMiss for this work...

That was a beautifull idea, and thank at all Team for the warm welcome.

:)

I wish to all a marvelous 2008 (&...) growing season.

great JP

liked the story and glad to have found a new little place

all ways goo to know some history :) i hope this forum continues to thrive and grow.

Kinda makes me wonder where some of those posters got too.....

Although it is true that there are other grow forums out there, I, for one, think that this is among the best, if not the best, on the web. What Sannie and crew have started here is nothing short of incredible. There is a vast wealth of information, and better yet, personal know-how on this site that will be shared for many years to come. As the saying goes..."if you build it, they will come". Remember...a green thumb is just knowledge!

• Like 1

This is where its at . and im glad to be a part of it on any level. thanx to all who have made it possable. what a great job you have all done.with a special thank you to Sannie and crew. keep up the fine work. :P ;) and thanx again,Peace Andmoreagain :P

i am a real Wietforum member for many years and have about 6000 reply's.

i hope Opengrow is going to be a second home for me.

I agree totally with U there DOC, I just glance at other sites but I actually feel a part of OPENGROW, Ispend most of my time on hear than any were else, and wouldn't have it any other way.Just one thing :P I can't help miss some of the translations on WIETFORUM and posts and links guess I'm learning bits of Dutch as well ;) :P

GreetZ Bodderas.

i love this place and all of the many capable and most friendly peepz hanging

out here. thanks so very much for being so nice and helpful to me, everyone.

many greetings,

SAN

• Like 1