•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Guest DaMiss

The Story Behind Opengrow

I only come to OG now, find the other forums boring and full of trolls. Just a lot of bashing and no knowledge being past around.

And some of the strains,I think more time went into the name than the genetics. Just wish I had found OG sooner

Peace

• Like 1

Its been 7 years in the making and still growing!

• Like 2

Wonder where most of the members have gone think i seen Joker on here but others Nope

• Like 1

As a newer member I gotta say that since joining I have spent many many hours on here! Loads of information and we can see the birth and creation of many strains available at the shop on opengrow.

Loving this forum, especially enjoyed the "diary of a breeder" thread. Tons of knowledge there.

• Like 3

...indeed, not many left. i´m a year "younger" than Indican,but i guess,i´m in the "still-active-old-member-top 10" lol ...maybe top 5 ;)

• Like 3

well, a lot has happened in that time and its natural for members to come and go. Some still pop by but most have moved on just as in a some years down the road it will largely be others in here then who is here now.

Life and shit all play a role all including from prison to deaths.

• Like 1

ledfoot i think they'll do that for their own safety so if you ever had to, wouldn't you?

or you could go to another forum, but opengrow feels a little bit like home :)

:spliff:

I used to be "trippin" in 2009. As I recall, I changed my name when a forum member in my area was having difficulties and I did not want to reject him as a friend in the physical world (again).

GPS this address ;)

gallery_6205_3270_4129.jpeg

Its actually kinda funny cuz I got offline from websites around 2004...All sites like myspace back then too..I was scared shitless over the Patriot act we had in the states...But after I ordered heri from sannie a few months prior, I remember getting the OG invite on the day it went public, March 4 2008...I sat for about 2 hours debating SHOULD I JOIN? Our pres will be out of office in a few months...Ahhh fuck it, I'll give it a shot...Lol!! Here it is 8 years later in a couple days, Ive been busted, moved IDK how many times and states....Been robbed by an og member...And my stubborn ass is still here lol! Sannie is da man...I dont give a shit. You guys dont get to talk to him like the old days. It was live chattin. It was so cool to talk to those guys from legal countries, or "accepted"...Now, we have legal weed here, cups, nobody does live chat here anymore but those were my fave convos. Lots of knowledge used to get passed around in there lol...And genetics ;)

• Like 10

I been growing weed for longer than than some on here have lived, including u Indy my friend.

but...I will tell all on here this, I have learned more in the last, I believe 4 years, here than I have in all the 40 years past..lol. a lot came from u Indy.

take care and be safe people..

• Like 6

We dont tell many folks about OG. I like it small with peeps with a lil knowledge n common sense. Everyone are supposed to be adults but other forums you really gotta wonder who da hell ur talkin to. So much bs out there lol

• Like 4

it was a blessing for me concerning my grows, thanks to u Indy introducing me to this great forum.

peeps on here usually know what they are doing.

in the last few months a lot of peeps from other shut down forum are coming aboard.

like hey, what happened. it is all new today..lol

• Like 1

As a younger member it´s fascinating: I joined in 2010 . I still think that it´s the best place. My bad english was getting better. Most members are friendly.

No drama, please, although some clashs are really funny ( Rev. Maynard meets Santero). All new member are welcome. It´s still a village, but it´s ours.

Where are the female growers?

smile

• Like 4

We proved thru genetic testing Rev n Santero are indeed the same person. Why do u think u never seen em in the same room together? Hmmmm... Think about it....

• Like 3

I can guarantee that we are not the same person. We have different views, but we're here for the same reason. Weed.

I dunno, could be some Jekyll and Hyde thing going on, the result of some mad marijuana experiment...

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 1

I dunno, could be some Jekyll and Hyde thing going on, the result of some mad marijuana experiment...

Stay Safe

BalzOut

I think you might be on to something ................................... :whistle:

• Like 2

The occasional squabble aside, people on this forum are here for the right reasons... we love growing herb :smoke

I'm still pretty new around here, but at this point I don't visit anywhere else. Opengrow is my one-stop shop.

Haven't been on long but just now reading the intro. Great story with a great ending. I feel right at home around here and and totally embrace the maturity of the group in the way they show respect and police themselves.

I've been a member of a few craft homebrewing forums and mainly just one, that had the same evolution. We were all on one forum and the owner got his panties in a wad over something so we pulled away and started a new one that is strong to this day.

Forums like this are so valuable and your learning curve for a particular hobby can be enhanced exponentially. Nothing like getting confidence from those who came before you.

You guys have and are doing a great job/service for us and I appreciate a good spot to stay. I'm with indican's opinion and after visiting a few other forums only once, I immediately picked up on the vibe... never to return.

Hope to see you all around here years to come. God bless and stay green and safe. Knowledge is power. Peace!! :spliff: :tu :grinning_respect:

Oh, and yes you can build the world with Passion, and you can build wonderful lifelong friendships with passion, as well. Passion for the same thing we all love.