•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

keesthemad

Hasj Oil Pics And Discussion

Yeah, he just ordered it right from the website to my work. Due to the cost of butane, I am going to save the rocket for buds now...I think...and switch to something cheaper for the rest.

Perhaps I'll sit up a still and run some denatured alcohol through it.

The boiling point of ethanol is 78.4 °C, the boiling point of Pyridine is 115.2 °C :comp:

BUMP...

Maybe we need to make some new oil to revive this topic!

Will see what I can do...

Kees.

OH my Kees. I noticed some disturbing comments and pics in this thread.

1) Butane purity is very important. 3-5x refined is a must. anything less contains contaminants that are carcinogenic.

2) Never use PVC! The butane has a chemical reaction and releases carcinogenic compounds. Stainless steel or glass is best.

3) Looking at some pics, you guys need to purge better. All those little bubbles in the oil are trapped butane gas.

I have been making BHO for over 6 years. The owner of O'kief is friend of mine, and he and the KICC (Keep It Concentrated Crew) taught me a lot about making the purest oil possible.

Not knocking anybodies oil here, it all looks like some quality product. Just seems to me maybe a bit more information might help some here make it even better. B)

I will upload some some pics and do a tutorial for you guys if you want. Just say the word.

OH my Kees. I noticed some disturbing comments and pics in this thread.

1) Butane purity is very important. 3-5x refined is a must. anything less contains contaminants that are carcinogenic.

2) Never use PVC! The butane has a chemical reaction and releases carcinogenic compounds. Stainless steel or glass is best.

3) Looking at some pics, you guys need to purge better. All those little bubbles in the oil are trapped butane gas.

Now the word refined means "Buy this crap rather than other crap" I never is 100% pure butane and never will be. All lighter gas is is a mixture of hydrocarbons. Find a friend with a gaschromatograph (GC) they can analyse this for you and will confirm that isopropane and at least two other substances are in there too. I'm not sure what the boiling points of these substances are, but I do know that they are not harmful just as butane is totally non harmful (except with fire).

At very low temperatures the fraction of "bad" substances that will be taken from the PVC by the butane (THERE ARE NO REACTIONS) is minimal, probably less than will be present in lets say baby food, and then you purge it and smoke it... So you can make your own educated guess..

But personally I like alcohol oil anyway.

Kees.

I have pics of different quality butane. You can see the diff for yourself and then tell me which one you want to use in your extraction.

Look for the tutorial later today....

Cheers

Hey,

Some are actually the worst... (Maybe in the US they mix up parfums and other shit in there)

I don't know, for as far as I know it's pure hydrocarbons overhere...

Kees.

Kees,

Awesome picture man - what strain was it made from?

It reminds me of some tiger's eye:

display_1.776226tigers-eye.jpg

What I've been doing is setting the tray on top of a T5, and then popping the bubbles with a needle, as suggested by the O'Kief instructions.

Is there a better way?

Kees,

Now the word refined means "Buy this crap rather than other crap" I never is 100% pure butane and never will be. All lighter gas is is a mixture of hydrocarbons. Find a friend with a gaschromatograph (GC) they can analyse this for you and will confirm that isopropane and at least two other substances are in there too. I'm not sure what the boiling points of these substances are, but I do know that they are not harmful just as butane is totally non harmful (except with fire).

Also, butane is expensive...

Couldn't I just take the regulator off of a propane gas line, and attach it to a "sports needle", and glue it into the O'Kief

rubber stopper?

Deflating_Pump_Needle.jpg

Propane will work just as well, right?

I can't really AFFORD butane anymore, and most of the shit is made in KOREA...

For use in a lighter, I like to use Xikar...hey, at least it's made in ENGLAND:

Xikar%20Premium%20Butane%20Lighter%20Fuel%20Refill%206%20Count.jpg

It would cost close to $40 to make BHO with Xikar butane though...so...why not propane?

First of all, I have got these "Unilite" butane cans. I bought 24 at a time (a box full) and they only cost about 1$ to 1,50$ so it's a bargain basically, you will have to search the web for that. One can can make you about 5 grams of oil I guess. You have to maximize the potential of the tube.

Now propane would probably work as it's just another apolar solvent, but it does have to be liquid. So a gas line won't work. You have to have liquid propane and shoot it straight through the weed material. It has to be very very dry as liquid propane comes out of the can at -42 and any liquid still present in the extraction will seriously block the flow of gas. I can't reccommend this to anyone though. Liquid propane gas is very dangerous, it boils away 10x quicker than butane, it's a safer product to smoke, but the extraction might get you frostbite on your fingers if you accidentally spill any over your hands, even if you wear gloves... It is as cold as dry ice, but liquid... And it's absorbed by clothing. So if you're not a chemist or interested in getting hurt, try butane first hahah...

If you can't get both, try ethanol or methanol. You have to boil them away properly but the oil you're left with is good quality dark oil. You COULD empty a single can of butane in a glass beaker so you have a few 100ml of liquid butane, add the oil you made with ethanol or methanol and then extract it with LB, this way you have the same quality if you filter it... The alcohol dissolves more than the butane... But this way you can save on butane.

Greets,

Kees.

Any info on acetone? it seems to work good, i rinsed some QWISO with acetone from Casa DePot and it came out really nice more like honey nougat than an oil or tar.