•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Guest DaMiss

Complete Guide To Sick Plants

Just wanted to throw a shout out to the maker of the page here. VERY, VERY NICE and INFORMATIVE. Wish some of the "bibles" would include more info like this. It could save the new grower and some of us mildly experienced growers a lot of time and hassle identifying problems early. Color pictures rock as my world is in techno-color. Mad Props to you and to all who've contributed.

Peace.....

• Like 1

Great link

I can't seem to see this plants problem in that link

Thanks all

gallery_1327_1113_2103.jpg

i have this same problem and didnt see it mentioned above.

The poster has certainly linked the pics from an other site perhaps now down rather than uploaded them on OG.

Maybe somebody have them in his computer, hope...

• Like 1

Hi guys!

I want to ask if I can take the guide with the pictures because I want to translate it and publish it .

Something like that I've never seen before.. It is great and very usefull for everybody! Of course I would name the credits..

But before I make someone angry, I want to ask for it :)

• Haha 1

Thanks for posting this amazingly thorough intervention guide to curing sick plants DaMiss! I will keep this forum post handy if I ever do have any sick plant issues. But since I'm kinda superstitious I had to stop reading it after seeing how thorough it actually was—I don't wanna tempt fate! I know it sounds kinda dumb, but reading completely when I have no problems might psychokenetically create new ones!

So let me tell you a story about the "Ramblin Blue". This is a true story about the only time I ever got sick plants. First things last: Looking back I think the cause of the problem was a complex mess of issues I handled poorly and I wish I had of had 'MyNameStitch's report then so thanks again DaMiss for sharing this awesome guide to helping sick plants! If I did, I would've read it completely and probably more then once to try and retain and understand it.

What brought these complex mistakes I made to a head was trying out a new LED called ES300 from the "Electric Sunshine Company". Even though I read all the instructions for the new light, after just using it for one week turned my healthy plants into a weird looking and very sick batch! I was able to save half of them by switching back to my original tried and true lights: MH and HPS from "EnergZ" and Botana Lux (or something like that!).

The complex mistakes I made before setting up this new light were taking clones from a weak mother plant. She didn't look weak and later, when I finally put her into flower and she yielded me a solid pound of awesome Buds. She was an OG-Kush. A notorious low yield-er, but very powerful! She started from a weak looking seed that was a quarter of the size of the other same seeds in the pack. And just sprouting her was an experiment because from her tiny sized seed, I didn't think she'd even sprout in the first place. The first generation clones worked great, but with each clone of a clone, they got weaker, smaller with piddly final yields in the third set of clones. The fourth set of clones was when this disaster struck. Luckily it was a special experiment in my personal experimental grow room in my house separate from my regular large greenhouse and indoor "bunker" grows. I always clone in soil, but this time I also tried a new product called "Harvest Gold Silica" and mixed it into the regular soil mix that has always worked perfect for me. I followed the instructions but that 3rd generation grew out very slowly and I almost pulled them. Finally, when they were tall enough, I took a final set of cuttings and put the third generation clones into flower mode couple a weeks later. (That final set almost all died out and out of 8 I have 3 survivors which are still trying to root with that Harvest Gold junk—even though, of course their web site claims super results!)

When I put the 3rd generation into flower is when I decided to try the new ES300. After ONE week here's what happened: 2 of 4 died within the week, the 3rd one started yellowing and the 4th one got BLUE veins and the normal looking leaves started curling and yellowing at the tips! That's when I freaked out and decided to put the two sickly survivors back under my normal HPS flowering lights. Out of the last two only one bounced back completely and is now healthy and green with Buds starting. The other one is limping along, starting to flower but most its leaves are still yellow! I'm keeping it alive just to see how it turns out.

The opposite thing happened to me a few years back when I tried a new product. It has nothing to do with growing, but harvesting cause it was an auto-trimmer. After my grows expanded into a 4000+ plant operation we couldn't hand-trim any more and decided to "keep up" on the trimming with these expensive auto-trimmers. Each new one we bought eventually broke down in the middle of harvest. Some were wet trimmers and some were dry trimmers but they all use blades which needed way more maintenance and cleaning than the instructions specified and gummed up and jammed down our whole trimming phase with each new one we bought! Finally, out of desperation, I found simple looking auto-trimmer I didn't even think would work cause it didn't have blades and used a funky looking mesh net barrel to spin the Buds. But using this, they'd just trim themselves into beautiful hand-trimmed looking perfect Buds! I couldn't believe it. This first one ended up doing a splendid job. We eventually ended up getting 4 more and that first one is still going strong (And by the way all 5 ended up costing as much as ONE of those over-complicated bladed trimmers!) The "corker" is that they are dry trimmers and don't even need a shred of maintenance or cleaning! They're called a Toms Tumble Trimmer. Go figure!

So the moral of my "Ramblin Blue" story is that trying something new in your grow can be a disaster or a winner, but you never know unless you have the balls to experiment and see for yourself!

Kill the plant

Plant an auto

Simplistic

But in the time wasted in recovery

If it recovers

And does not infect others

Your auto will be nearly finished.

For very special strains ignore above advise

Also

If in a legal place maybe i mess with it

Na...why aggravate myself?

As it is, no time to take risk on a maybe.

Im a stoner

My goal is simple

Provide quality buds for me lol

just wanted to post a link that works. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

Stitch is very cool peeps and i'm glad her work was published finally.  sure helped tons of folks who rather fix/heal instead of kill and start over. our situations are different so with that said i understand @Toker's view as well. at one time i had basically all the Faq's RELEVANT INFO ON FLOPPY DISC ready to sell for $20. PROBLEM WAS THEY WERE TO SHEEPLE TO GROW lol but they were always talking about it. I'm the one who actually did so though. discs became trash no buyers lol.

• Like 1

That is a lot of info, love it, told these folks here that purple in the middle was phosphorus. There is a pic that looks just like theirs in that write up. :)  Phosphorus