235 replies to this topic

#1 dequelo

Plant Abuser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2570 posts
  • Interests:psychosurgery

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

Someone said something about bubble cloners I did make one in my grow thread but it is something I thought I would do here also

I call the tubblers because I make them with clear plastics tubs (boxes) they hold about 6 quarts of water and cost a couple of dollars

they are clear so I paint them with spray paint

do have to some say yes, some say no. but I do

the things you will need

a drill, a 1 1/4 inch hole saw because I plan on using 1 1/2 rockwool cubes, air pump , an airstone, some air hose, fishtank heater (if you need one) and a can of paint

Posted Image

I take and mark the lid so I know where to cut the hole with my hole saw

Posted Image

here is a shot of the lid with the holes cut and the tub painted I made mine with 15 clone sites but you can do less but with the rockwool cubes and this size tub 15 is about max

Posted Image

do you have to paint them proablly not

but I always have, I seen them wrapped with duct tape , tin foil , etc to keep the light I do believe it is a good idea so you do not grow algae in your water

I burn a hole in the lid for the hose to go to the airstone , I just use a hot screw driver or a nail

Posted Image

a shot with the airstone in the tub before the tub was painted , the air pumps I use are double outlets so I can connect two tubs to one pump if I am doing one tub I will use two airstones

more air the better

Posted Image

that is about it for the bubblers that I make most of time is waiting for the paint to dry

you can use any size tub you want, have as many sites as you like, I use plain water in mine and I use rootech cloning gel on my cuts

I get 100% rooting in these but you have to watch your water temps if it is too cold they will root but way slow and if your water is too hot you will get stem rot

I never mist cuttings and never use a humidity dome

if you like to or feel the need by all means you should , at one time I used a rockwool conditioner to soak my cubes in but I have found that there is no need to do that so I don't

I just use water right out of the tap (well water here) but you can PH the water or used distilled if you feel you need to

next post will be clones

all the best and be well

Dequelo
Bread, work, or lead!

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world."

https://www.opengrow...ot-inside-2015/

#2 dequelo

Plant Abuser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2570 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

Ok some clones I had my plants in 12/12 for a week to get them to show sex after I culled the males as I am not making any seeds this run

on the advice of some fellow growers at another site I took some cuttings , only 15 as I have no room at this time but I could use some mother plants

after a week of 12/12 I gave them about 5 to 7 days of 16/8 to before I took my cuts

should you do it like I did I would say no but that is how I did this time

here are my 15 cuts in the cloner

Posted Image

I do not have any better shots as I did not really plan to do this but you get the idea :rolleyes:

alls I did was cut 15 cutting from five of the 8 plants I have in flower

I chose them by how they grew because as of yet I have not smoked any of the weed

when I take cuttings alls I do is take a nice growing tip of the plant, dip it in the rootech clonig gel , stick it in the rockwool and wait for roots

after about a week

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

some rooted really well and a few did not but I took them out of the cloner and potted them as they are 15 more plants then I need at this time

I had hoped that maybe a few would die but they did not

here is a shot the cutting potted up

Posted Image

two by themselves

Posted Image

Posted Image

next post I will so you them after about a week in soil

be safe and stay free

Dequelo
Bread, work, or lead!

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world."

#3 dequelo

Plant Abuser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2570 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

here they are after a week in soil

Posted Image

as you can see I do have a weak one

Posted Image

but for now it is alive and a know female so I will be keeping it

these six I went thru and pick out to grow into mother plants for no other reasons then I liked they way they grew

Posted Image

here are some shot of them alone

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did go thru them and removed some foliage to help the new growth take off

Posted Image

Posted Image

you more then likely can not see it that well in these shot but in the next ones you will be able to tell for sure

more to come

Dequelo
Bread, work, or lead!

#4 dequelo

Plant Abuser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2570 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

I thought I had more photos of clones here but of course I do not so what I have is what I have for now

here is a shot so you can see what they look like before the repot with some of the leafs removed

Posted Image

Posted Image

they have lots of nice new shoots that will cut into good clones

they are ready to be potted up to six inch pots, I have a shot of the roots before the repot but not here :rolleyes: I will put it up later

here they are in six inch square pots

Posted Image

one has a burnt leaf as it was touching the light ....oops

a couple alone

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

these plants will become stock plants to take cutting from the other seven will go outside this spring to grow into monsters (I hope) I will be growing them in seven gallon pots

even outside I still keep my plants in pots as it is ez to move them if there is a need

here is the weak one it is still growing so it is still with me

Posted Image

I have more to add to this and when the mothers are ready I will be taking 36 or 72 cuttings to do a SOG in six inch pots just to be sure I do not run out of smoke over the summer

All the best and be safe my friends

Dequelo
Bread, work, or lead!

#5 Maverick

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7515 posts
  • Interests:older whiskey
    younger women
    faster horses

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:01 PM

Nice Job Dequelo. What temperatures are you keeping your water.

#6 dequelo

Plant Abuser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2570 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:26 PM

EDIT: How to quote, click here

mid 70s appears to work well but I have found colder is better then too hot

I only use a fishtank heater when the water is in the 60s as they will root slower then death but they will root and not rot

too hot they get stem rot pretty fast

I have seen people do these without the rockwool with little neoprene collars that work well

I saw a cloner like this back in 2000 on OG and had good luck with and stayed with it

back in a day we would root cuttings on flat tables in oasis root cubes with over head misters on timers

that was a pain in the ass, it did work and I have done thousands and thousands of poinsettias, geraniums and mums like that but you can get all kinds of baddies in a minute

I was going to buy a cloner but I just could not part with my money, so this is what I ended up with there may be better ways

it has worked well for me so I have stopped looking

great to see you my friend and be safe

Dequelo
Bread, work, or lead!

#7 DrDee

Advanced Grower

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Growing the herb, guitars, sidecar motorcycles. Those are the big 3 but my interests also include alchemy, psychedelics and in particular Stropharia Cubensis mushrooms. I enjoy reading about shamanism and anything by Terence McKenna. <br /><br />I don't care for: News, Politics, Fashion, latest TV shows or anything else that reeks of the mindless popular culture that's sitting blindly by while our leaders destroy the environment and start wars.

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

Hi D,
That's an interesting little bubbler. You leave quite a few leaves on your cuttings and no dome and yet...no wilting? That's excellent. I'm still trying to streamline my technique. I've got it dialed in pretty good. Rarely lose a clone and if I do, it's because I was cloning a flowering plant or some other situation that makes rooting more difficult. My biggest obstacle is getting them hardened-off so they can survive outside the dome. Obviously you've sidestep that issue.

Do you have any difficulties with leaving the rockwool in place. I hate to pull it off as root damage always occurs but I have had some problems with the cube staying too moist while imbedded in the medium. Can cause damp-off.

Thanks for the thread and I'll sure be following along.
Peace,
Dee
"I believe odd things. That's my flaw."

#8 The Joker

Cheeze It Fanaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4465 posts
  • Interests:34-24-36, long walks on the beach , cat juggling, burping the alphabet

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

Nicely done!!

#9 blowfish

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:19 AM

nice going D,this was what ive asked for :rolleyes: :D
think this will be a sticky
but a question?why do u cutt clones when yourre plants are blooming?
now u gett a revegged cloon,then u have 3/4 fingert leaves?

greetz blowfish
i tried to quit smoking pott and having sex,
these where the hardest 10 minute of my life

my outdoor

herixsmm

fishingthread

#10 dequelo

Plant Abuser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2570 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:35 AM

why do u cutt clones when yourre plants are blooming?

most of the time I do not, most of the time I do not flower my plants until they are around 10 or 12 weeks old and they will show sex on their own

this time I flowered them a little early for me at 7 weeks , I was not going to take any clones but I did need some mother plants so I cut them

now u gett a revegged cloon,then u have 3/4 fingert leaves?

they were into flower good it has taken them almost 2 weeks of time after the repotting in soilless to go back into veg

that is with the light on 24/7 and feeding them with veg ferts at very watering

they are starting to put out normal leafs again

I am glad this is what you are looking for I will be cutting some clones in the next two or three weeks so you will get to see exactly how I do it, I need to finish the plants I have in flower so I have some room to work

all the best and be safe

Dequelo
Bread, work, or lead!

#11 dequelo

Plant Abuser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2570 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:57 AM

Do you have any difficulties with leaving the rockwool in place. I hate to pull it off as root damage always occurs but I have had some problems with the cube staying too moist while imbedded in the medium. Can cause damp-off.

I just pull off what I can of the rockwool it is only important to not have it sticking out above the soil as it will act as a wick and will dry out your roots

I have never had the problem with the cube staying wet below the soil as the soilless will pull the water out of the cube as it drys

but I am sure it could be a problem, as far as damping off that is more of a seedling problem with cuttings stem rot would be my worry

I pot my rooted cuttings in moist soilless and water just enough to not have air pockets

I like to run my clones in the begining on the dry side to get the roots to fill the pot

all the best and be well

Dequelo
Bread, work, or lead!

#12 Holydiver

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:18 AM

Bump this thread up... really should be a sticky IMO.... Great pics, and worded to understand....
Poly - Hybrids Always Have a Great Surprise In Them

#13 wpw

Genepool Lifeguard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2635 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:01 PM

I'm in the process of building one of these. The paint's dryin...:rolleyes:

Of course I know I won't stop @ just 1...

Peace...wpw
"I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
Genesis 1:29

#14 wpw

Genepool Lifeguard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2635 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:10 PM

I forgot about this cut I had in a cup of water for a week...
Posted Image

& this is what happened...:rolleyes:
Posted Image

The paint is dry on the new clone machine...I just need room for it.

Peace...wpw
"I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

#15 Maverick

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7515 posts
  • Interests:older whiskey
    younger women
    faster horses

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:34 PM

@ WPW
I have always found that really it is a vigorus weed. But then you have seen those wild hemp fields too.

@Dequelo
I have been using similar cloners for maybe 2 years. I started with the rock wool cubes like you used and then just potted the whole cube and didn't even bother with trimming anything off with good success. Then one time i ran out of cubes and i had some of that insulation for pipe and used it with good success. Then recently I went to a hydro store and they had discs that worked very well.

#16 webeblzr

webeblzr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

Hey Deq,

Very nicely laid out!! Beautiful job!! Beautiful girlies also!! Stay safe and healthy man!!

#17 BCDK

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:36 AM

nice going, i will build a similar system, small and efficent thats great! :wave:

and beautiful girls you have!

best of luck to you

#18 trichome ninga

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:24 AM

thanx for the info. I made a cloner and it works great. $20 bucks from walmart.
PRAISE THE BABY JESUS!!

#19 wpw

Genepool Lifeguard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2635 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:04 AM

The tubblers work so well for me....typically I get roots in 5-7 days...although some take a lil longer...

Thread pinned!

Thanks D'...:jump:

Peace...wpw

#20 ghostrider

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:36 AM

you mentioned every thing but what is the soil? and under what lights. great work my master grower.

p.s. all my seeds are doing well. in sexing now.
VIVA VISEEDS