Cloners , Cloning And Clones

235 replies to this topic

#221 FoolOnTheHill

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1697 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

Do you know that there's a natural alternative, for free?

There are two substances found in the willow tree that enhance root growth, Salicylic acid and Indolebutyric acid. When you make willow water, both these acids leach into the water and provide beneficial effects for your cuttings. They help your cuttings fight off bacteria, fungi and infections – giving them a better chance to survive. They also help speed up the rooting process.

Plenty tutorials on youtube, check them out.
Forget what your friend "the breeder" said, grow thick roots like the pro's.

Good luck.
And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around.

#222 agreenpassion

Johnny Appleweed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2836 posts
  • Interests:Canna genetics, the meaning of life and maybe a few other things. Just ask.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:57 AM

Or just take a filet of Aloe and dipskii ur cut in that to root au natural. :)
nothing for sale.

#223 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1696 posts
  • Interests:Growing, Knowledge, People, Family...and stuff

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:32 PM

aloe is great for rooting, i use it too sometimes :wave:
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#224 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1183 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:50 PM

OK guys, I am not a newb lol I just can't get one strain to root, Yea I know about rockwool, Yea I know about Willow bark and know how to make the tea. lol I steer clear from any chemicals if I can. I will try a few more things before I buy clonex again lol like the Aloe I have not tried it yet. Sorry to the OP for taking over your thread lol.
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.

#225 FoolOnTheHill

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1697 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:18 AM

View Postgardenartus, on 21 December 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

I steer clear from any chemicals if I can.

A common example of a chemical substance is pure water.
And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around.

#226 Darth Budder

Huh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:38 PM

View PostFoolOnTheHill, on 22 December 2016 - 06:18 AM, said:

A common example of a chemical substance is pure water.

Hehe... Got to watch out for that dihydrogen monoxide though, if you get stuck in a room filled with it you are d-e-d dead

Db

#227 Dr Don Bonez

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, hollow earth theory, physics agriculture and
    GOOD BUD

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

OK guys, I am not a newb lol I just can't get one strain to root, Yea I know about rockwool, Yea I know about Willow bark and know how to make the tea. lol I steer clear from any chemicals if I can. I will try a few more things before I buy clonex again lol like the Aloe I have not tried it yet. Sorry to the OP for taking over your thread lol.

ever considered aero? When my clone rate drops in soil or plugs, i go aero. Simply fill rez, plug in and forget. Roots can start in 4 days :)
NEVER TRADE RESPECT FOR FAME

#228 Weederstand

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for visit and likes, bros!
Got a new pic of the CloneGel Mutant-Plant.
After two weeks you can see that "something" makes it way down the trunk and swells on the left side(black oval mark).
The brown spot is harmless,it´s not mould etc...for me It looks like the branch is getting more woody.

Posted Image

One Man Social Club

#229 .: V :.

cheesy pointerz!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Interests:Gazing out of the window at sunbeams breaking through cotton wool clouds

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

its melded by radiation to another plant... research has proven that.. when u delve deep into my minds 'i' anyeefinkk can happen ;)

#230 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1183 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

View PostDr Don Bonez, on 22 December 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

ever considered aero? When my clone rate drops in soil or plugs, i go aero. Simply fill rez, plug in and forget. Roots can start in 4 days :)
That is what I use :)
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.

#231 med man

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Growing \ Consuming Cannabis, Playing Guitar, Hunting, Fishing, Garden Ponds,Brewing Beer.

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

@weederstand

That's one freaky looking stem...

#232 FlaTransplant

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:Family, Friends, thought (Psychology, Philosophy, Theology)
    REALLY took to growing: loved it and never shook the desire to nurture a crop again!

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:38 AM

I tried this: Everything died.
I REALLY suck at cloning. Tried at least 60 times and have had maybe 5 or 6 successes (probably tried over 100..just dont want to exaggerate..lol)
I always grow from seed as I havent been able to clone with any degree of regular success... The NBDs were the only ones I got to take root

I guess I need to dust off the thing and try again: its just seriously discouraging going from reserved optimism to resigned defeat in the span of a few weeks....lol

#233 spacecake

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

just put jiffy pucks in plain water sqeez out some of the water make a hole in the pucks place the clone in then place all the cuts in a clone box under t5 light missed the clone once them from then on till you see roots only missed the lid of the clone box after about 10 to 18 days you will see roots

if the pucks start to dry out just missed them do not missed the clone leaves .

hope this helps

space

opps for got to say dip in clonex then re cut the bottom of the clone then place in the jiffy puck

#234 FlaTransplant

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:Family, Friends, thought (Psychology, Philosophy, Theology)
    REALLY took to growing: loved it and never shook the desire to nurture a crop again!

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

View Postspacecake, on 22 February 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

just put jiffy pucks in plain water sqeez out some of the water make a hole in the pucks place the clone in then place all the cuts in a clone box under t5 light missed the clone once them from then on till you see roots only missed the lid of the clone box after about 10 to 18 days you will see roots

if the pucks start to dry out just missed them do not missed the clone leaves .

hope this helps

space

opps for got to say dip in clonex then re cut the bottom of the clone then place in the jiffy puck

Why not mist the leafs? I can understand keeping the stem moist where you hope to see roots eventually.

#235 Hamme Hydro

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

In order to get the clones to root you need a high humidity, few watts (15 watt is fine, less is more) just tap water and a medium to place the clones in. Clonex and root powder are not needed, if your clones won't root with it, they won't without.

#236 .: V :.

cheesy pointerz!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Interests:Gazing out of the window at sunbeams breaking through cotton wool clouds

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

i put my clones in soil, an dont really have any issues, a solo cup fulla soil with a couple of holes in the bottom, moisten soil, then water em frum underneath till they go into bigger pots.
works well for me. ;)