•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Holydiver

Opengrow's Coffee Shop

I saw on the the mother board, there was a coffee shoppe for growers to hang, and talk shoppe, and enjoy the company of other growers, so I thought I'd give it a try here at Opengrow... :rolleyes:

Everyone is very peaceful, and pleasant to be around, so I think this should work out nicely..

I think that if we all keep everything in a general way, and NO sensitive type talk, this will be a nice thread to hang at..

All the Best

HD

almost done brewing up a pot , too bad your not here for a cup of

Sumatra Gayoland Organic Fair Trade

good idea my friend

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

Just finished a cup of Kilimanjaro Fair Trade :rolleyes: .

Will drop in from time to time :D .

Grtz. Aad

I usually will start the day off with a couple of pots of whatever the wife buys... Colombian, Maxwell House, Arabian ect..ect.. I know it's called 8 o'clock coffee but it gets me awake some what with a few tokes :rolleyes:

It's been a cloudy rainy day here, so not much movement... Just watching some old movies, and pulling a toke or two off the pipe....

I hope all is safe , and well this evening

All the Best

HD

my brew of ALDI coffe just arived, not as exclusive as the names above, but still anjoyable,

nice idea for a topic, to bad you can't smell the coffee (and stuff) it'd improve the atmosphere even more.

:rolleyes:

GGV

Good Day Everyone @ Opengrow!!!!

I'm on the Maxwell House Coffee this am... It may take two pots, but I'll soon be awake :rolleyes:

Other, than my cup of joe I'm enjoying, I've been looking at some activated carbon cans, and some fans to kill any odors of my plants... They will become noticeable in a few weeks, so I think I better plan ahead.... I made a charcoal scrubber last grow, that got me by for only a few bucks.....But, I'd like to have something more durable, but the price of things is out of this world these days...

Anyway, the coffee is working, and i'm toking a pipe with some Apollo in it, so off to read some threads

I hope the day finds everyone well, and everybody has a great one

All the Best

HD

Hi All,

I don't drink coffee so a cup of herbal tea and joint will have to do. This does have a sort of out-of-the-way feel to it. Not on the main street. I'm feeling good about some things and not so good about others. I'm new to growing in my current location and have been thinking about and making efforts to get a perpetual harvest going. I wanted to do a few seed crops first and I'm just finishing up on my second one. Harvest has started but I have a really wide variety and many are slow finishers. One is a straight Haze and a couple of Marocxskunk and a batch of Thai-tanic and Swazi-skunk and a Braz. Sativa names Celestial Star. I only got a couple of males from almost 30 plants so my breeding ideas went out the window. I did have a nice early flowering Celestial Star male, though, so I just brought that guy into the flower room and held it in front of my fan and did a light pollination of everything. Lazy man's seed making. So here I sit waiting for cloudy trichomes while my veg area is totally over-run by my clones waiting to go into flower. I've topped them once and I'm running out of vertical space and I may have to do it again. My vegging is all done under flouros so they at least aren't growing too fast.. The only thing that's really going good is my ebb and flow table which is full of mostly sativa pheno White Widows and they stretched to around two feet. They have little side branching and much of that has been removed so they are really looking like beanpoles. But I have 21 of them in a 31"x31" tray. If they flower up with a full length cola it'll be very impressive. I'm hoping. So this upcoming month will be eventful with new plants in the flower room and my White Widows budding up and curing of my current harvest. Already I'm stoned everyday...how much more decadent can I get? So as anyone who has read this email...there's really no point to it. Just coffee shop rambling to anyone who'll listen.

Peace and good will,

Dee

Green Mountain Coffee 'nantucket blend' is what I've been liking for my morning drink lately. Nice place you started hear HD! Herbal tea is good for the evening bowl and relax before bed.

max

hi dudes and dudettes,i'm drinking some brazilian mountain breeze right now :rolleyes:

great taste and smell

Good Morning Everyone @ Opengrow!!

I hope the day is finding everybody well today :rolleyes:

I'm still doing the Maxwell House, and will start another pot in a few, plus hit this pipe a couple more times :)

We have rain all day today according to the weather man, so a good day to get a few things done here at the pad... I also found a few grow shops about 2 hrs. from here, so I might go, and check out some can filters, for a carbon scrubber, and anohter fan that will pull the air, or oder to the scrubber to kill all odors.... I gotta think ahead before the smell gets to going in the grow.. :D

All the Best to everyone today

HD

Hello,

I like coffee a lot but my stomach is quite sensible to it by now... :rolleyes:

Here's the brand i'm drinking, made by Zapatistas in the Chiapas area, Mexico.

It is made with respect to local producers (fair trade), is smooth and tasteful:

gallery_20_149_12970.jpg

:D

Phono

You guys come up with coffee names I've never heard of... I'll have to look harder next time I go to the grocery store.... I know coffee is going up in price... But, I'd like to try something different than maxwell, folgers, or colombian.... I make it fairly strong to get that morning jolt, and of course a toke of some A11 doesn't hurt anything either to get woke up, and want to do something.... :rolleyes:

I'm still comptiplating on making the drive to the hydro store... If, I do, then it will be my first time in my life to go inside a grow store.. I just dread the 2hr. drive in the rain, with all the heavy traffic... I do need to score a carbon scrubber though........

Oh well, I guess i might as well get it over with, and go...LOL

Check back later on today folks

Everyone have a great one out there

HD

Just finished 2 cups of Surinam Blue Mountain :rolleyes: .The Jamaican Blue Mountain is even better of course,but that really is a treat(expensive as hell,so only once in a while ).Together with a nice Jack Hererjoint life here is good :D .

Grtz. Aad

Hello HD

Stopped by for some coffee since I am having trouble signing into live chat. Just going to have 1 though. Since I gave up the cigarettes coffee just isn't what it used to be for me.

Looks like I need to stop and see Aad for some of that Bluemountain, very tasty coffee there Aad.

HD I sure know what you are going through having to drive all those miles to go to the hydro store. I have a 2 hour drive as well. I just hate for my vehicle to even be seen close to one of them.

Figured Sannie would have stopped by to show us some pics of that new machine he bought.

I know what you mean about having a vehicle seen at the hydro shop, as I said, this will be my first time at one... I'm hoping, I can park up the street, and walk down to it, but it's never the case.... Anyway, this place has a department for making wine in the store, so that kinda helps a little..

I didn't get to make the trip today, as the weather had a grip on the bones... I have to go tomorrow though... I caught a whiff of some ganja this even after the lights came on, when I got close to where the grow is, so that is a bad sign, if I can smell it... Warm weather will be here, and odor travels a lot further in warm weather, than the cold, or it seems that way...

I wish i had found some pics of some being built.... They can't be hard to build, and the active carbon is easy to get... I'll just have to break down, and buy a can filter, and be done with the smell... I'm only a few days into 12/12, and it is getting a bit loud in smell this early....

I hope I don't forget the cam tomorrow, when I go back to check on the grow... The extra 400 HPS is really making the plants jump, and grow .....

All the Best, and see ya in the am for a cup of joe

HD

I only go to grow stores out of state & NOT in MY vehicle...I dunno why cuz I never buy anything when I go...

I can buy everything I need locally...well except a carbon scrubber, but I haven't looked for one of those.

I built my own...:rolleyes:

Speaking of buying things, I gotta go pick up an ignitor for my big box tomorrow...might as well get a spare bulb too...

Y'all have a good evening...

Peace...wpw

wpw, I wish you had a bluepint, or some pics of how you built your.... I'm sure I could build one, if I could see the inside components... I dread going to the shoppe, but I need one rather fast, as the odor has snuck up on me fast this grow....

Thanks for dropping in, and i hope to see you here at opengrow soon

Stay Safe, and Well

All the Best

HD

Lemme see what I can dig up HD...:rolleyes:

I have a circular one made out of hardware cloth, a reducer, a cap, a couple of hose clamps & some nylon hosiery. I'm not using that one so it will be easier to snap pics of it.

The other one is a box that sets on top of my exhaust vent.

It is a box that I made into a sandwich filter. I dunno the outside measurements, but it is 14" x 25" x 18"t. I glued quarter round molding on the inside all the way around to form a ledge up 4" from the bottom.

I place a a 14 x 25 x 1" furnace filter on the ledge of quarter round in the box. I then evenly cover the furnace filter w/ 2-4" of carbon & place another filter on top of that.

The bottom of the box is open the entire length & just sits over my box's exhaust vent. The top has 10 2" holes to let the scrubbed air out...

You could always mail order too...:D

Peace...wpw

Thanks wpw , and Good Morning to Everyone here at Opengrow!!!!

Another pot of Maxwell House, and I might wake up yet :D

I hope the day finds everyone waking to a great day where ever you are :rolleyes:

wpw, I'm looking at 200.00 usd dollars for a small carbon filter, that includes the acivated carbon, and electric fan... I'll oreder a adustable swithch soon, so I can dial my temperature in to where I need it......

I appreciate your description, and I plan on building another one, once i see how they are built..

Thanks again

Good Day to you my friend every day you wake up is a great day :rolleyes:

it snowed a foot last friday and warmed up for saturday , then it got cold now today it is going to be 60 degrees

so it is going to be a mud hole here for a couple of weeks

but it is starting to look somewhat like spring I have been checking out my spots outside to get them ready for growing

I have to whack my clones back to stubs as they are way too big and I have no where to put them until my crop is done

I do not need to take any clones just yet I have about four different crosses I want to start soon to make some beans over the summer

If I had a 25 by 100 greenhouse in no time I would need a second it is a never ending cycle

I clip a bud last night and will let it dry over the week and try it this weekend to see how the stone is on these plants

the buds are get so big and fat that they are bending the stems above the stakes I have tried to add a stake or two but I am now pass the point of being able to take the plants out of the room

they will come out when I chop them down all in all for a thrown together grow space it has work out fine

it will be nice to do one grow in my grow box then be outside and move back into a real grow room

well my friends before I ramble on too much

enjoy the day and be well

Dequelo

There was a great carbon scrubber tutorial at OG and I think you may be able to download it at the OG FAQ.

BG Hydro also ships discreetly. I go to a hydro shop where there is an ordinance to make mj a low priority.It's a bit of drive but its safe and a few of the staff are caregivers.

There is also one in SF that is also a popular flower shop and most people are buying plants and soil. Easy to be incognito. I also buy thingsin gallons, so I make less trips.

I am drinking Columbian Supremo made by enslaved serfs.

But it's better than my wife's lattes which give me projectile diarrea.

Yes, that was gross, but you laughed didn't you ?!

PG is gone at? What a time it was...

http://www.coffeebeandirect.com/

I just order mine online from these people I get it 25 pounds at a time with free shipping

they are in new jersey so it is overnight for me the whole beans are way fresh

just vacuum pack and freeze

coffee is going up right now I am glad I am about 50 pounds ahead so I will not feel it yet

be safe and be free

Dequelo

I did laugh :rolleyes:

200 w/ a fan isn't too bad, HD...what kind of fan & how many cfm?

I didn't get pics taken today...sorry...:rolleyes:

'sup TCC...

peace...wpw