•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Holydiver

Opengrow's Coffee Shop

25 pounds of beans and free shipping??!! Where? Oh, I just realized you meant "coffee: beans...

fugetabout

You don't want to be near me if I eat beans. Even beano just takes the edge off.

For all you younger fellas, once you turn 35, it seems gas production doubles, but hopefully you're married by then and she will just look at you.

Hey , I got roots on some new clones that I was so worried about! I hope they are good meds and not just hype:

Chemdog D and Chem 4. So far, no roots on Genius.

Life is really positive here and I wish you all the same! I get up at 4 or 5 and without coffee I couldn't do it.

Can't wait for a report from ya WPW... and everyone else too! FTC says he has some venomberry x Blockheads going outside this year. Did any of those make it last year? I thought you guys were underwhelmed. Let me know how those turn out.

Hey TCC!

Beans don't bother me...now mrs rfa on the other hand...:rolleyes: She can clear a room.

She's like one of my grannies...she can belch & fart w/ the best of any guys...

D & #4 growin roots...:D...I hope they are good meds...

I also am up @ 4:00 when I need to be in the shop...a pot of coffee by myself by 6:00

I'll try to report this week. I had to buy a ballast kit for the big box, cuz nobody in a 100 mile radius of me had a replacement ignitor...it died yesterday...so the gals had an extended sleep for a day

I did find a place & got a Howard 1kw HPS ballast & 2 Philips lamps for under 200USD...less than a mile from me...

While replacing the ballast, I checked out the gals...Blueberry is going freaking fantastic...smells like black dirt & Blueberries til ya brush her & then fresh blueberries.

I could sit & just smell her ALL day...:)

FTC told me there was an exodus to TCC today...I'm sure there will be more.

It's a different vibe there...good vibes, but different...kwim?

He still has 5 of the VB x BH. I wasn't impressed to be honest w/ ya. I think VB overpowered the Blockhead...it was ok smoke. Better than commercial, but not as good as others in the garden

If I remember right, Syb was wanting to use the BH to boost the VB more...maybe in these nest 5 there will be a BH leaning pheno?

Might have to make some f2's to get to the BH phenos...

Peace...wpw

Good Morning Folks Across the Pond, and All Over the World!!

The Maxwell House is starting to wake the blood shot eyes up a little bit...lol I finally made the run yesterday, and scored the carbon scrubber... Now, all I have to do is get it attached to my outtake duct, and no more smells of weed from my garden..... I was able to get into the big city in between the morning, and afternoon rushhour, which is a nightmare...8 lanes of traffic going in, and out of that city... Whew, not for me at all...

I snapped a few pics of the scrubber, and I came out better by going, and picking it up rather than having it delieverd to my place..... Paid in cash, so no paper trails..... :rolleyes:

gallery_264_152_981775.jpg

gallery_264_152_514492.jpg

gallery_264_152_642467.jpg

gallery_264_152_973346.jpg

I'll build my own from now on, if I do another grow room in time.... That was the deal with this, this time, no time....

I'll get this thing hooked up, and no more odors............So, this make this morning a little better, than the average morning...........

All the Best to Eveyone here at opengrow!!

HD

Good Day HD your scrubber and fan setup looks good, I hear you about no time an needing it at this time but as you say if you need another you can just build it

I am somewhat lucky as there is no one around to smell anything so that is not a problem

and if it is I can just dump some manure around so folks can smell that if need be :rolleyes:

I got that those off for you to the folks that needed PMs

FTC told me there was an exodus to TCC today...I'm sure there will be more.

It's a different vibe there...good vibes, but different...kwim?

I hear there it is different it is nice to stop and see some old faces that I have not said hey to in a while , it just isn't me but it is always nice to see FTC

.Blueberry is going freaking fantastic...smells like black dirt & Blueberries til ya brush her & then fresh blueberries.

sound great there my friend I have a member at PG that is going to send be a cut of a good Blueberry and GDP but I need to wait as room is short

I had to whack 2/3 of the top growth out of my clones as they were overgrowing my shop lights

I hope next week or the week after I can move into one of my grow boxes but I hate to run heaters so we will see

I got your rain last night it came down in buckets and the winds were about 60 to 70 MPH I thought my barn was going to blow away

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

Many thanks for getting those pm's off to those folks..... I think the world of FTC, and hope he will come here to visit with us soon, he posted some in my last grow thread at another site, that we just came from...

I had to whack 2/3 of the top growth out of my clones as they were overgrowing my shop lights

I have to do it all the time... All it seems to do is make them bushier...lol

Also, thanks for the words on the carbon scrubber... A person can never be to careful while growing, so I knock out as many things that can go wrong as I can....... You folks are the only ones, i talk shoppe with here now, and I have a very good gut vibes about opengrow... I feel safer here, than any place I've been, so many thanks to all that has made opengrow the way it is..

All the Best

HD

Goedemorgen crew,

Looking like a sunny cool morning out there. We've had several false springs only to be hit by more winter. I hope we've seen the last gasps now. I know I'm ready. HD Dude, you got a little carried away on the scrubber. That's bigger then mine yet you have a much smaller grow. Careful, you may even suck the smell from your buds! lol You probably won't have to change that carbon perhaps once every couple years. Mine came without a motor so I had to order that separately. That was a fair price you paid and really a small price for peace of mind.

D, thanks for the coffee bean link. Fresh ground coffee is so much tastier. I had to trim my vegging clones for the second time yesterday. They can deal with it. I made back-up clones of all my flowering plants so I have those hanging around as well as clones for my next run which is called Black Pearl...a sat dominant hybrid.

WPW, how did you know it was the igniter that was bad? I have a cheapo ballast kit I bought off eBay and it won't start the bulb. Completely dead and I have no idea where to start. I don't really need it right now but I should try and fix it. It's a 400watt.

Joker, glad farts don't travel through the internet! You should be polite and carry a lighter and burn then! My high school friends loved to do that till one of them burned the hair off his ass. Great strains you're growing. Chemdawg...isn't that one of the strains that went into NYCD? And the Genius...got to have a good sativa. I've got seeds for Lambsbread (Hemcy seeds) and am looking forward to trying that out.

Best wishes to you all and have a great day,

Dee

HD Dude, you got a little carried away on the scrubber. That's bigger then mine yet you have a much smaller grow. Careful, you may even suck the smell from your buds! lol You probably won't have to change that carbon perhaps once every couple years. Mine came without a motor so I had to order that separately. That was a fair price you paid and really a small price for peace of mind.

They had a smaller one, so I thought for a moment, and told the chic that I rather have something a little too big, than too small....LOL Of, course she gave that grin.... :rolleyes:

I'll get it hooked up tonight, but won't use it till, I need it.... It would be a waste, or seems to me it would to run it now... I think by next week, I'll start it the way the plants are growing....

All the Best my friend

HD

Good morning all! Looks like we are all exiles on main street. I left my forwarding address for those that needed it.

I saw the first rose of Spring in bloom yesterday. A nice fat yellow one. Spring comes a little earlier here.

I am glad you got a scrubber HD . It will put your mind at ease.

D! Wow! Sounds like you got some weather. I remember the winds whipping in Oswego and Albany. It gives "wind chill factor" a while new meaning.

Dr. Dee yes . Sad to say, I am a marijuanerd so I know the lineage.

I believe Ecsd is chem x mass super skunk. Nycd is a hermit seed from ecsd x Mexican from Soma.

I think Chemdog 4 is the original diesel. Now that Rez has released his "chemdogs" I have been told I am

"allowed" to show my grow and spread it around. Would have anyway.

I am thinking of picking a Blue Sat male or males to cross to them for back up and Xmas presents.

The a11 genius is supposed to be a giggly up high, no roots yet. But today is just day 5.

I hope everyone gets great smoke from there grows.

They can deal with it

some how I think you maybe right my friend :)

gallery_164_91_19391.jpg

being that I have hacked a plant back a time or two

thanks for the coffee bean link. Fresh ground coffee is so much tastier.

great people to deal with and good prices for what they sell

I buy a 25 pound bag every six months , but I am still looking for a link to dried eating beans on the web for a good price and rice

as to your light problems some of those ballast have a hard time striking a pulse start bulb , I would check to see if it is the right bulb for the ballast first

HD I do hope that FTC will drop in he is indeed very good people the trolls made him leave PG as they did to many good people and growers

all the best and enjoy the day

Dequelo

D! Wow! Sounds like you got some weather. I remember the winds whipping in Oswego and Albany. It gives "wind chill factor" a while new meaning.

it rained in buckets and the wind was howling it was unreal

but if you do not like the weather in the northeast wait five minutes and it will change

told the chic that I rather have something a little too big, than too small....LOL Of, course she gave that grin.... :rolleyes:

she was thinking you was John Holmes :D

but I am with you to get busted for not having a big enough scrubber would suck ass for sure

a great day and be well

Dequelo

John Holmes LOL :rolleyes:

The 200 CFM fan is pretty good fan, but remember I have another one inside the grow, that is pushing as well.. It's just a varible speed fan.. 10" in. width...This will help keep the grow area cool.. The ambient temp I'm pulling from is in the 60's, so I should be in good shape....Seems everything you do in a growroom, you have to add every possible thought into a it... I figure try to do it right the first time, instead of having to redo things over, and over... It gets costly, when a person has to keep buying components to make things work as you upgrade.....

The cooling, plus odor was the major factor's plus keeping things, like the fan quiet.....

I hope everyone is having a great day today...

I also hope our friends from all over the world will come in, and say hi as well here...

A big wave, and hello to everyone at Opengrow!!!!!

All the Best

HD

WPW, how did you know it was the igniter that was bad? I have a cheapo ballast kit I bought off eBay and it won't start the bulb. Completely dead and I have no idea where to start. I don't really need it right now but I should try and fix it. It's a 400watt.

Well, on this ignitor, it was an epoxy sealed unit, it had a break in the epoxy where the wire from the hi side of the transformer came into it. It looked a little toasty. Still under warranty. :rolleyes: But I couldn't wait the 2 weeks to get the replacement...

The new ballast kit was not hardwired, I tried the new ignitor on the old ballast & it worked...but I just replaced the whole match & mounted a cooling fan to the ballast box.

I also installed a SPST switch between the transformer & ignitor making it a switchable unit...now I gotta get a BT37 1kw MH bulb...a BT56 wont fit in my hood, or I could go vertical...:D

I believe Ecsd is chem x mass super skunk. Nycd is a hermit seed from ecsd x Mexican from Soma.

I think Chemdog 4 is the original diesel. Now that Rez has released his "chemdogs" I have been told I am

"allowed" to show my grow and spread it around. Would have anyway.

Yep, Joker, ECSD is Chem 91(the original) x Mass Super Skunk...

I've heard that #4 is the original diesel too...I dunno about the D...We'll know in a couple of months if the one I have is the 91...man that was some damn good smoke!

I'm w/ ya on the showing...I would show anyway...& spread!

I'm of the opinion that if I give something to someone...it's theirs to do w/ as they want.

If I give ya a part to a scooter & then tell ya ya can't put it on the bike...oh & ya can't tell or show any one ya have that part either...well what good is that?

HD, I think that's a great scrubber...now ya seen one, ya can build one!

Bigger is better in this situation.

I hope FTC comes over...it wasn't the trolls that irritated him...it was one in particular...

He really is a great caring peaceful man! I love him like my parents!!!

Another busy, not really, day around here. The water in the street is down enough you can see the pavement...:)

I hope the day is treating you all well!

Peace...wpw

I could go vertical...:rolleyes:

gets my vote

my bad troll not trolls

but with all the handles he has it is like an army of trolls

oh and by the way WPW forgot to thank Frittz but I will thank for the rain :D just what I needed for my mud hole

I got pigs coming tomorrow they will like it

be safe and enjoy the day

Dequelo

I also installed a SPST switch between the transformer & ignitor making it a switchable unit..

Hi Guys,

So WPW, you mean switchable between MH and HPS? That's the only difference is the igniter? Cool.

HD...How's it swinging?

I lost a loaf of bread today. How does a person do that? I ate two slices yesterday and now it's missing. The things that I do when I'm stoned... Someone needs to protect me from myself!

Cheers,

Dee

That is fucking funny! No karma /mojo in this site huh?

It's a good day!

gets my vote

my bad troll not trolls

but with all the handles he has it is like an army of trolls

oh and by the way WPW forgot to thank Frittz but I will thank for the rain :rolleyes: just what I needed for my mud hole

I got pigs coming tomorrow they will like it

yeah...considering it was one of "his" multiple handles...

The piglets would love it down here my friend...anytime!

I've done vertical before & did ok...:)

Hi Guys,

So WPW, you mean switchable between MH and HPS? That's the only difference is the igniter? Cool.

I lost a loaf of bread today. How does a person do that? I ate two slices yesterday and now it's missing. The things that I do when I'm stoned... Someone needs to protect me from myself!

Well thats not the ONLY difference...the transformer is basically the same & some of the capacitor specs are different...but for the most part...yep that's the only difference.

If ya look @ the schematics of the switchable ballasts, there is a switch between the transformer & ignitor...

This ONLY works w/ HPS ballasts though...you need a certain voltage to the ignitor from the hi side of the transformer. Ya can't just add an ingitor to an existing MH ballast...

Wish ya could cuz I got several 400w MH ballasts layin around...

On the bread thing...ya got a dog?

I have a pointer that would rather eat bread than anything else...makes for cheap treats...:D

Peace...wpw

Dr. Dee,

How do you loose a loaf of bread??? Maybe, just maybe you were hungrier than you thought, and ate it all, and forgot...These things happen, when blazed, or it does with me... I can get lost just sitting here at the pc, if I over toke a bit much...LOL

Good Morning Everyone @ Opengrow!!!!

I hope and wish every one is waking, or having a great day today

The maxwell house is hot, and black, so I hope my eyes will open up soon :rolleyes:

All the Best to everyone

HD

Mornin' Guys,

Nope, the bread hasn't showed up yet...it's a mystery. If I was stoned and hungry and ate it all, then I'd be out of peanut butter and bananas too since the only time I eat bread is making a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Otherwise it's tortillas. And WPW, no dog.

Sometimes I'm a little slow putting 2 and 2 together but let me tell you what I'm thinking. First off, I recently read about a strain that's replacing the sativas among the commercial Mexican growers around Acapulco. It's called Columbians and is a quick flowering indica hybrid that has some interesting growth characteristics. It re-vegges very easily even if you cut the stem at ground level and is supposed to be a huge yielder. I read about it in High Times.

http://www.hightimes.com/ht/news/content.p...d=291&aid=3

OK, the rest of the story.

I have a buddy who lives just a few miles from the Mexican border and is an avid pot smoker. I told him that if he ever ran into any exceptional bagweed, to save seeds and mail them to me. So recently in Bisbee a new "Indica" strain from Mexico hit the streets. Everyone was talking about it. So my friend bought a bag and saved all the seeds and mailed them to me. I've never heard of a commercial Mexican Indica until now so I'm really hoping the seeds he sent were the Columbians. I won't really know until I grow them out...

I got 16/20 on germination and two stunted. Already I've subjected them to Dequelo-style plant abusing by topping them early. Well I guess I've said enough. Here are the little Mexican indicas....

gallery_417_147_60719.jpg

It's possible.

Hopefully,

Dee

I hope those folks don't do away with the old mexican lines.... The smoke is very good down there, but after it is chopped down it hangs in the sun, and then compressed, and left laying around for very long periods of time.... All this IMO degrades the weeds potencey....

There is a site on the net devoted to preserving strains, and a lot of people are tring to get as many mexican seeds as possible, as well as colombians, and other south american sativa's......

Anyway, what you have growing is very interesting..... Thanks for the look.. I heard about it, but thought it was just some hype going on.... It would be nice to have a strain, that couldn't be killed by pesticides, or if you cut it off at the base of the stem, it would come back stronger, since it already has the root system..

Anyway, you may have to break down, and go buy a loaf of bread man...LOL That's an Elvis Presley Sandwich isn't it???

LOL

All the Best man

HD

HD...

From the High Times blurb, it almost sounded like it was an auto-flowering strain because they made mention of the fact that they could grow it all year round. The resistant to herbicides thing is related to the re-veg qualities. But wouldn't herbicides kill the roots too? Mexican commercial growers for certain are only interested in short term gain. How much profit can they turn. But there's been so much Mexican sativa grown that I don't think we need to fear the loss of those strains. I don't know if that's what these plants are but it will be interesting to see how they grow.

Yup, me and Elvis...made from the same cloth except: I can't sing, I'm not handsome and I don't have chicks falling all over me. But at least I'm still alive and if I can find my bread, I'll still be eating p-nut butter and banana sandwiches!

Cheers,

Dee :rolleyes:

HD and Buds,

I've lived in New Mexico and Arizona and have smoked loads of Mexican weed. It is mistreated and often won't burn because of nutes given too late and no rain to flush. I've grown out Mexican sativa and personally, it doesn't concern me that they're trying out different strains. I hope my little guys turn out to be this supposed Columbians. Be nice to know the history. I'm gearing up to do a thread so you can check on the progress there.

Finally found my bread. I had stuffed it way back on a refrigerator shelf (I never stick bread in the refer) and was hidden by a pot of rice, beans and pork chops. So when I had lunch today, Oila! There was my bread. I haven't gone completely senile.

I'm eating the beans and rice now with a cold Killian's Red beer. It was a gift from heaven when the local rural highway gas station and convenience store (walking distance to my place) started carrying Killians. Now I better drink lots of it so they'll keep carrying it. toke toke glug glug

Dee

Good Morning Opengrow Folks!!

Dr. Dee,

LOL, I am glad you found your bread. :rolleyes:

I sure want to see these pups grow you have right now, so a thread on them will be interesting for sure..

I have a big pot of Maxwell House brewing, and it looks like another day of pure rain here....Maybe 5 to 6 inches, so no going out much for me.... I am so glad I got that carbon scrubber the other day.. All I have to do now is plug it in, and leave it, when the odor comes on strong

I hope the day finds all of you well out there today

Stay Safe, and Well

HD

Hey there all and good morning

I am drinking a very big cup of swill here at the salt mine :rolleyes: just to lazy to make my own so I drink theirs

DrDee that is some pruning there my friend they should do nicely for you

I will send those beans this weekend I did not get to the post office been busy getting my piglets and chickens

I have a bunch of poppies seeds if you would like some they are the good ones :D let me know you are more then welcome

and anyone else that would like some poppies seeds let me know I bought a kilo without thinking that is about 76 billion seeds so I have more then enough

all the best and a great day

Dequelo

Good Morning Guys!

D, I was a little nervous about the pruning and waited a bit too long but it will all work out. I bought a little tool called a rongeur. It's like a diagonal cutter except at the end is matching curved scissor-edge cups. They're vetrinary surgery tools fur doing bone work. I bought them when I was learning how to FIM and I've found it makes tight topping easy. I've got big hands and a bit of arthritis in my knuckles and it allows me to do a nice clean topping like those in the photo. The nubs of the new stems are growing nicely already. Sure, throw some poppy seeds in there. I've got a nice outdoor garden spot where I grew corn, beans, tomatoes, radishes and white widow. Some poppy's would do well. lol

I lived down in Florida back in the 80s. I had a co-worker who bought a breeding pair of Vietnamese Potbelly pigs. He thought he'd raise them for the pet market. His wife loved pigs too. Well the little guys bred like crazy and he had a legal obligation to castrate them. So one day he recruited me to catch them all one at a time. He had almost 50 of them at that point! So we used a net and chased them around in the mud, captured them and cut their little nuts off. A rather bizarre afternoon for me.

Finally, after he was running out of money feeding them, he took them in for slaughter. Hams, pork chops bacon, and even ribs. All in an extra tiny size. I had to eat 4 pork chops for a meal. And the ham was about the size of my fist. It was a major stess in their marriage but I had some great pork to eat!

Hope you'all have a great day,

Dee

Had some nice Ethiopian-Sidamo blend this morning(nothing special from Appie Happie(=big,dutch supermarketchain)).

I have been thinking about and forgetting to get a grinder so i can have real fresh coffee and reading Dequelo's posts pushed me over the edge and i will be getting one within a week :rolleyes: .

Now to score some quality beans :D .The poppyseeds are wasted on me i'm afraid,but are another reminder to get my ass of the couch and prepare to germinate my peyoteseeds!

A very green day to everyone :) .

Grtz. Aad