•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Holydiver

Opengrow's Coffee Shop

Aad,

I hope you'll share some pics of the peyote, when you get them growing.... It's also nice to see you in opengrow's coffee shop, EVERYONE is welcome to come in, and make yourselves at home :rolleyes:

All the Best

HD

I lived down in Florida back in the 80s.

I lived in miami around that time 81-83 it was wild them miami vice era

I will have to see if my wife took any photos today she went out to check on the pigs and thought they looked cold so she put them in my grandsons old sweat shirts

you got it my friend I will send some a long

I have been out raking the garden off and on this week to get ready , my wife hooked up the tiller to my case tractor and forgot that I needed to repair the hydraulic hose and it dump out all the fuild in my garage

what a mess good thing she is cute or I would have come unglued

Aad you can not beat good fresh ground beans I grinded them fresh for each pot I make I just got one of these

Yama Vacuum Coffee Siphon

http://www.coffeestorehouse.com/Sub_coffeemaker.htm

they make the best cup of coffe I have ever drank I still use a stovetop purolator but they are far better

all the best folks and enjoy the day

Dequelo

Hey fellows,

The Doc is wasted. Harvested one of my mystery sativas...I think it was Thai-tanic. Very nice high. Two vape hits and I'm gone. Hey Aad, a grinder is nice but not crucial. Mine died a year ago and I'm still using a baggie and a hammer to crush my coffee beans. What's the phrase...quick and dirty?

Aad, I took payote back in the 60s and it was wonderful. Very visual and not too psychoanalytical. Hope your growing goes well. I bought a Salvia plant this winter. It's doing ok but is really sensitive to light. Light that's appropriate for ganja will kill salvia. Dim, cool and humid is the environment for Salvia. I've chewed the leaves once and all I got was a sense of well-being and happiness...no hallucinations. Smoking is the best way to get the full punch.

Hasta la pasta,

Dee

Good Morning Opengrow Folks!!!

I hope everyone is waking to a great day where ever you may be... I just a a huge mug of coffee to sip on, and when I get these bones to moving, i'll head out to the grow, and tinker around a bit while the lights are still on in the bloom room... Allways something to do in the grow area... I think I'm going to cut my lights back to 18/6 in my veg box.. That should help the plants some, and also help the light bill...

Plus, I need to see how stinky it is in there... I may have to trun the scrubber on this weekend, or this coming week.. I'm trying to hold off as long as i can, but i won't take any chances either...

All the Best, and have a great day

HD

Mornin' HD and friends,

Hey, HD, sorry if I mis-interpreted what you were doing with your scrog. I thought you were doing most of the screen filling in veg. Just trying to help you out. There's more work to it then I thought.

I started on a project...oh it's been almost two years now. Almost complete. My shop is unheated and it's too cold to work out there in the winter. I built a 2x4 framed room with heat and AC to house my float tank. It's a tank filled with about 10" of saturation epsom salts so you float on the surface like great salt lake. It's completely quiet and dark. The support of the water gives you a weightless sensation. It's the most relaxing thing I've ever done. It's both physically relaxing and is also an amazing tool for mental exploration. You should see if there's a commercial float center around so you could experience it. I'll bet it would really help your back.

Dee

Good morning folks.

HD ...here is a micro grow tutorial with a really neat homeade carbon scrubber tutorial. Great ideas this guy...

https://www.thecannacabana.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600

No trolls and it is independently funded, so it's really focused on growing.

PG failed at that and we all know what happened at OG and IC respectively..

Peace...

We need to get it, and bring it over here, so if anyone needs to or wants to build one, they can.... The odor is of course one of the 5 senses, that will lead to a bust in a short time....

I'm glad to see you posting here today, and hope your doing well this afternoon or mid day

All the Best, and Stay Well

HD

Good Morning Opengrow Members, and Lurkers as well!!!

Got a strong pot of coffee on, and working on my first mug..... The weather man , has said we may have a break in the rain, and clouds today......If, so, I hope to get my front yard mowed... The place is getting a bit ragged looking... I like to keep t hings neat looking on the outside as well as I am able.....

I've got some trumpets from florida, of course i won't try them till the soil warms up, but they are suppose to be beautiful... My neigbor gave me a zip lock baggie of them, so i tossed them in the freezer... We will see, if they will grow or not....

I like to grow mandevella's... Pink, and red colored ones, and many other flowers around the place.... Also, got to get the garden worked up, when the soil is dry enough to work, and get some sweet corn out....... Love my veggies

Sorry about the ramble, but getting smoked up in the am gets me to talking some...lol

I hope everyone has a great am, and sunday, where ever you may be

All the Best

HD

Mornin' Guys,

Yes HD the old wake and bake is tempting. Many a morning I just reach over and hit that vape switch. HD, When I first hooked up my scrubber, I was so impresses by how clean the air was in my whole house that I left it on 24 hours a day. Later I switched it over to my veg light timer so now it's on 18 hours a day and is doing a nice job. Mine has been in service for about six months and several grows and is still getting the job done. If you continue to use yours intermittantly, I hope you put a timer on it so it's automatic. It was be easy to firget and all it takes is someone coming to your door and recognising the odor to spoil your day. My fan and scrubber is my primary grow room exhaust so I need to run it alot and I like it that way.

D, you be sure to keep your piglets warm. No fur on those little guys. I remember a few years back a farmer had the roof of his hog shed collapse from snow. It was a mad scramble while fellow farmers came to the rescue and hauled all his pigs off to warmth and safety in their sheds. Bet those porkers were cold though. Maybe you can get the wife to knit them some pig sweaters as punishment for spilling the hydraulic fluid.

I have two plants in darkness before harvest. My first experiment with that, I'd post a picture except Vista (on my new Computer) fails to recognise my digital camera when I plug it in. Got to find a driver and the manufacturer doesn't have a Vista driver yet. Man I hate Microsoft.

Cheers,

Dee

Good Morning Dr. Dee,

I have thought about how much I will have to run the fan motor on the scrubber... I have a fan on the inside of the grow room pulling in the hot air, and blowing it out through the duct work that the scrubber will be hooked too... Maybe I can get by some with out running the fan on the scubber. as far as pulling the hot stinky air....

All this will be a learn as I go deal.........

I've been in the grow tinkering around some today, and getting smoked up some...lol I can come up with some wild ideas, if I could just remember them all...lol :rolleyes:

All the Best to you, and yours

HD

Hello All

HD when you finish that yard come on to my place. My mower isn't running right again this year, nothing new about that. It seems as if I can never make it through one mowing without something going wrong on one. I thought I was going to have to get the chainsaw out to clean up from the ice storms, but when I got home this morning a friend had stopped by while I was out of town and cut it all up and burned the small branches while I was gone. I think that might be deserving of some nice bud for him.

I do understand wanting to keep it looking good HD. It sure is getting harder to accomplish each year though. It doesn't seem that you can find anyone wanting to do any work like that. What happened to the neighborhood kids mowing yards during the summer. You almost have to go to the bank and take out a loan to buy the gas to mow the yard anymore. The last time I mowed it cost me $20. Looks like this year it is going to be more. Wonder what they are having to pay in Holland for fuel? I just bet if we knew we would not be complaining as much as we are.

@DrDee

Don't you just love that Vista. I wish they had it back. It is about an abortion as far as I am concerned. I had several things that I had to go back to the manufacturer and download a newer version of the driver. Can't you just take the media you are using from your camera and use a reader to get your pictures?

Good afternoon my friends,

I've been having some down time. It's a pisser, but if I'm up standing too long, my bum leg acts up, so I'm resting to let things recover. I'll be back at it tomorrow.

Mav, I've never used a viewer. Do they come with a USB cable? I'll have to check out that possibility but don't they read external memory? I only have the built-in internal memory at this point. Vista has been the biggest pain in my ass since I first switched to PCs from Macs in '99. I have one camera that can still be recognized but it's a cheapo unit and I'd rather post my best shots which are trapped inside my camera.

Harvest is about half through and I haven't had a straight day in over two weeks. I still have some K-2s that are starting to put out their final white hairs. Best part of growing.

My brothers are bikers and I get an occasional wacko picture from one or the other of them. They think it's funny that I've gotten too old and have to ride a sidecar rig now. (I'm the oldest of 4 boys) This shot was sent to make fun...but I think it's a cool machine and I'd ride it if I owned it.

gallery_417_147_8489.jpg

Cheers,

Dee :rolleyes:

HD when you finish that yard come on to my place. My mower isn't running right again this year, nothing new about that. It seems as if I can never make it through one mowing without something going wrong on one. I thought I was going to have to get the chainsaw out to clean up from the ice storms, but when I got home this morning a friend had stopped by while I was out of town and cut it all up and burned the small branches while I was gone.

I'd be there in a second, if we lived close man... I enjoy getting out, and working on things.. I don't enjoy buying the parts, it hurts the wallet somehting awful these days...

Good Morning Opening Grow!!!

I hope the day is finding everyone well today.... Almost time to go to the garden, and make sure everything is nice, and moist... The ladies in the flowering room will be going to sleep in a few... This is working out better, than I thought it would... Keeping the lights out in the day, that is..........

Time for another cup , or mug of coffee.......

Have a great one all

HD

Good Morning Opengrow!!

I hope the day is finding you all well today!!! I went to the store sunday, and my cheap coffee is now expensive coffee...lol, so I'm drinking Maxwell House with my pinkie finger stuck straight up (classy) :rolleyes:

All the Best,

HD

Guest JJonahJameson

Good morning all, hope it's a wonderful day for y'all. :rolleyes:

Mornin' All,

It's a cold drizzly morning where I'm at and nothing makes a house feel homey like baking. So I took a pound of ganja butter out of the freezer and opened up my snickerdoodle recipe. Second batch is almost complete. I ate two cookies from the first batch (they have to be tested, right?) so I'm hoping that I'll be feeling especially good in an hour.

I went for a drive yesterday scouting out guerilla locations. I found an old cemetary that has some woods with a clearing next to it. I can park at the cemetary and bing a camera so that's my cover for being there. Clones are ready but weather isn't. So I'll get them in the ground early next month.

With HD and BeeKaa's grow shows with scrog to inspire me, I'm ready to give it a try. Going to the hardware store today to get some screen. I'm going to need some help with this one, but I know there's lots of help available for the asking. Have a great day!

Peace,

Dee

Afternoon all!Hope everybody's well.We are finally getting some good weather here :) .

I hope you'll share some pics of the peyote, when you get them growing.

I was gonna grow the peyote under normal sunlight,but waited a little too long and under fluo gives better results,so i'm gonna have to build a growcabinet for the Lophophora Williamsii.As i'm planning 20,30 years of growth for consumption there's no rush :rolleyes: :D .

I do already have one in my windowsill.

gallery_40_161_40580.jpg

Aad you can not beat good fresh ground beans I grinded them fresh for each pot I make I just got one of these

Yama Vacuum Coffee Siphon

http://www.coffeestorehouse.com/Sub_coffeemaker.htm

they make the best cup of coffe I have ever drank I still use a stovetop purcolator but they are far better

I know the method(here the brand is called Cona) and have drunk some coffee made that way.Very good indeed!The big drawback is that they only have a model that makes 6,8 cups minimum at the time and is a bit timeconsuming.If i ever find a smaller model i will buy it on the spot!

Until then i have to do with this:

gallery_40_161_972840.jpg

The glass pot on the right is a Cafetiere(french press),which after the vacuumbrewing imo is the best way of making java.

The Jamaica Blue Mountainbeans were not in stock,so they are on order,until then i have a little bag of a direct descendant.

gallery_40_161_240550.jpg

Hey Aad, a grinder is nice but not crucial. Mine died a year ago and I'm still using a baggie and a hammer to crush my coffee beans. What's the phrase...quick and dirty?

Aad, I took payote back in the 60s and it was wonderful. Very visual and not too psychoanalytical. Hope your growing goes well.

No offense DrDee but a grinder for me is crucial.I'm not a morningperson and banging a hammer on the sink when i just woke up doesn't appeal to me very much(not to mention the neighbours) :) ,and 25,- euro's i can spare.

I have tried different hallucinogenic drugs(natural and chemical) but never peyote.I have even tried Datura Stramonium(i think the american common name is Jimsonweed?),which the inca's called the "bad" wizard and would like to try the "good" "wizard"(peyote),at least one time before i depart this earth.

Have a good one!

Grtz.

Aad

Mornin' Aad,

Indeed a grinder is nice and they're cheap...I'm just slow at getting things done. And I only have a cup of coffee a couple times a month so it's not a priority.

Aad, I've seen sites where you can buy a more mature peyote plant which shaves many years off the wait time. A 30 year wait would allow me to trip around the age 90! I'm more of a mushroom guy. I lived in Florida for awhile and had a favorite cow pasture where I could always harvest a good batch of schrooms on a warm moist spring or summer morning. I have spores for 4 different psilopsybe schrooms including an outside strain. I'll bet there are a few schroom lovers here.

Have a great day,

Dee

Someone mention schrooms????? :rolleyes:

I sorta love of myself.....Especially straight out of the field, where a bunch of cows are... :D

Pick, wipe, and eat... Then what a beautiful day it will be... Long time since I've done any, but love a shrooming good time, especially in the day light, where the days colors are nice, and bright....

Memories are good

HD

I have to have two cups in the morning,it's my breakfast :D .

I could buy a fullgrown one(peyote) at the same shop i got the older one,but this way it will have more meaning and be a better trip i hope.

I have done mushrooms a couple of times and although i preferred LSD(which i did alot more of :) ),because of the taste and the less "even" trip,the trips were more visual and "intense",which was good.I have never had a bad trip,even with the Datura(that wasn't a fullblown trip though)and an accidental trip on atropine(story in itself).

I still have some tabs laying around,if i decide i need a trip. :rolleyes: .

Om mani Padme Hum

Grz. Aad

I'm just a tad to old for acid these days...lol Don't get me wrong, done a bunch of it many moons ago..

You mention Dutra,, I think that is how you spelled it... We have a plant here called or nic named " hog weed", or the real name is Jimpson Weed, that grows wild in or around hog lots, or where pigs have been... The plants can be found about anywhere really...

They have thorny balls, that are loaded with seeds...Pigs, or no other animal will eat them.... Anyway, one fall along time ago, I got some seed pods, and let them dry for a long period of time, and mixed the seeds in with some pot in a doobie.... I can tell ya right now, that was the first, and last of that kinda tripping....

It was one of those evil trips, that took some time to come down from....

So, if anyone comes up on these around the farms, be careful, if your gonna trip with these... I'd say eating them would be the safest way, and only do a little at a time, and wait atleast an hour before eating more, till you get way out there...LOL

Seriously,

Be Careful with this stuff.. Many people have gone into convulsion, and ended up in the ER... Not a pretty site...lol

HD

I have tried Datura Stramonium(i think the american common name is Jimsonweed?),which the inca's called the "bad" wizard and would like to try the "good" "wizard"(peyote),at least one time before i depart this earth.

Jimson or Jimpson,was very close :) .

From your description that is indeed the plant i mean,here's a picture of it on my balcony.

med_gallery_12078_3004_562696.jpg

It's notorious for giving a bad trip,but perhaps more importantly it's lethal dose is pretty low and relatively close to the dose you need for a "good" trip.I tried it twice by eating some seeds and smoking the dried flowers and seeds and had only a very mild effect.But as i already tried the maximum recommendeddose(even a bit more :rolleyes: ) and i did not want to spent some time in hospital or a room with nice soft walls or more to the point did not want to die i haven't tried that again and probably never will.I go some inkling of what the trip might be like when i spent a night and the following day on an unintentional atropinetrip.Someone not very experienced with tripping would not have had a good day :D .I'm still amazed i got through the day undetected. :D

The peyote is something i kinda "need"to have done but the urgency of the old days is gone here as well.It's been a while here as well,i gave up some other vices as well and those i do not miss at all :) .Long story short :

Be very careful with this plant,i would not recommend using this to anyone

Grtz. and be well,Aad.

Datura is not a good time...the Inca's were right!

Peyote is very nice as is San Pedro. Peyote can be very intense if you're not an experienced psychedelic ranger...:D

It's shroom season around here. I know of several pastures w/ Liberty caps now...We'll get Texans in about a month...:rolleyes:

I hope the week is treating everybody well. Been busy around the shop. I need to update my thread here...:0

Peace...wpw

Hi HD and Buds,

I Hope all is well. I visited an old friend from Florida today. I brought him some cookies that I baked this morning. I had to try them out of course, so I determined that two cookies are on the edge of being too much. You definitely don't feel like smoking after that. I'm very happy with that dosing regimen. It's a drag when you get a weak batch and you have to eat 10 cookies to get high. Can make you a little queasy. I used one cup of ganja butter in my usual snickerdoodle recipe and get 3 dozen. They taste great and are hard firm...easy to store

WPW...you're so right on Datura. It's a dangwerous drug and should be left to the professional shaman. Mushrooms are manageable and I'm hoping not too difficult to grow. The following is from a period when I had access to freely growing stropharia cubensis which grow on cow patties...

I used to visit a field northwest of Gainesville. I parked at a Church and hiked about a mile over and under fences on a narrow forest path until It finally ended at a beautiful small area... with tall grass and an irrugular line of trees, Black and white cows would be laing around munching on the grass and didn't mine me, as I lurked around the edges of the firld where the best muchrooms grew. Occasionally I'd hike into the field super early and be our there by sunrise. It was misty wet and wonderful and I'd spot some young cubensis just before the veil opens (when they taste the best) and eat several of them and spend the remaining part of the foray high on the very mushroom I was hunting. I was so attuned to the stropharia that I could spot them at night as if they had a faint glow and then I'd confirm my identification by smell. They smell different then other mushrooms. So during the shrooming season, I'd get out to the field weekly and dry them in a cardoard box with fan air. Once crisp and dry I'd stick them in the freezer so I was never without. Not always a good thing I learned.

Oeace,

Dee

Aad,

That's it, those seeds in those is wicked, when dried, and smoked... I havent' done that anymore...lol I know along time ago many a farmers, that had asthma would smoke the leaves.... It opens up the lungs, and it is a terrible taste, but that's all folks had at the time to clear up the asthma with...

It grows wild all over the sw usa in old barn yards, and even in fields to this very day.... It's totally legal as for as I know, but wicked as it gets....LOL

I'm pretty sure they use this in the medical field... It dialates the eye balls,, so that is about as much as I know.. Some how they mix it with something, and blow it in your eyes at the docs office for your eyes... I think the seeds ground up becomes arsenic, but I may be wrong....

Some heavy stuff, for sure....

Now, it'll quick pecking on the key board, and sip some coffee, and get ready to visit the grow....

I hope everyone is doing great today

All the Best

HD