•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

wpw

"wrinkling"...have You Seen This?

You also making seeds if i understund it corectly,are you dont have mutations between your plants sometimes?

Belive me or not,i dont know him personaly

Nop I didnt know this site was made by sannie my bad , thumbs up to him its a good site!

Mutations happens , some dwarf , now I have an albino one , I let him go just to see what it can give ...but i 'll never use it for a cross....

I rarely have Bad mutations like this with fresh crosses , but i dont grow all of seed i produce obviously...but my friend never really told me about a batch full of mutant , if there is a couple you kill em and life goes on.... , I had a few with an old seed stock...I usually see it froim the beggining and throw em away

I've sprout dynafem cheese seeds one time , they were so little and white that i never thought they would sprout , so now im septic about the little seeds , these cheese were veryy nice , even though they are not cheese , more like lemon skunk,,,

peaceee

ps=Ph choc on little seedling can cause something that look like these mutations also , Only the grower that knows the parameters and what ihe put in it will be able to know...

Mav's looks like a mutation, everything else shown here looks like a case of too hot and over watering at the same time. Especially the bloke showing the lower bud with seed....taco = heat, the plant does this to capture as much rain as is can.

Hi,

i have found so far that the wrinkling is due to an high sensitivity for certain potasium salts.

that is in my growsituation. cant speak for others.

grt

I'm gonna have to say too much nutrients for those, TT...but could be moisture stress...

The wrinkling for the plants in the first post was figured to be moisture stress. A couple of us duplicated the original growers methods & got the same result...

The were getting too wet for too long...

Peace...wpw

i was going to say the same thing, the humidity being too high for too long can cause the wrinkling, and is usually the most likely culprit.

Old thread cob. it isn't all the same issue. IMO some are MAINLY genetic screw ups, Some of the picks in this thread are pest damaged also.

If your other plants are thriving in the same soil i'd say yours is genetic also. Nothing you can do. But that's just my opinion and maybe wrong but I've seen this personally a hundred times before and as all other enviro factors were ok I put it down to genetics, I currently have a BLZ Bud doing the same ...Im growing her out ....just to see. these genetic mutants imo lead to a VERY lower yeilding, fast flowering piece of shit..........generally which should have been killed off soon as mutation is spotted to save time ..space and nutes.

Grtz HC :P

Old thread cob. it isn't all the same issue. IMO some are MAINLY genetic screw ups, Some of the picks in this thread are pest damaged also.

If your other plants are thriving in the same soil i'd say yours is genetic also. Nothing you can do. But that's just my opinion and maybe wrong but I've seen this personally a hundred times before and as all other enviro factors were ok I put it down to genetics, I currently have a BLZ Bud doing the same ...Im growing her out ....just to see. these genetic mutants imo lead to a VERY lower yeilding, fast flowering piece of shit..........generally which should have been killed off soon as mutation is spotted to save time ..space and nutes.

Grtz HC :P

Yep, what he said. Most of the pics you guys are showing are genetic mutants. I grew a herijuana ibl and a ko kush f4 that were both mutants (in dwc) I was lucky to yield a total of a half ounce. Mutant genetics suck, I won't be experimenting with them anymore, that's for sure.

Hello all ive seen in here overwatering for long time, pest and moist stress,

And mongoliod cp down syndrom call it what u want is a mutant for me mongoloid

The first ones discussed is mongoloid :yummy: phenos and it runs in some genetics lines

ive seen only one internode being like that and i have allsow seen an auto cross i did one supon a time with an auto fregular plant

the nexts seedds first generation only one internode on the plant was auto flowering so that means that gennes go in by % some plants more mongoloid and some less and some none, just what ive experince with this matter :book:

be safe all sorry dont have that picture

I have a great example of this in a jack hammer / silver fields.

More often we are seeing one or two leaves at a time while the rest are unaffected. Believe me, I spent more than a few hours on these with a scope looking for mites, and have never found any.

The plant is otherwise healthy, in fact its off the hook. I see wrinkling like this at the leaves nearest the terminal buds at the beginning of each bolt phase. In this plant it is far more pronounced than in any I have seen before.

gallery_833_383_27881.jpg

gallery_833_383_52697.jpg

gallery_833_383_27592.jpg

gallery_833_383_2457.jpg

gallery_833_383_87990.jpg

gallery_833_383_88628.jpg

gallery_833_383_23974.jpg

As you can see, it progresses from simple wrinkling through what looks like plant cleft palate to growing an actual secondary leaf halfway through the fingers of another leaf. Close up the leaf stops half way up and a new petiole then another leaf starts forming.

It would be like growing a hand out of one of your fingers.

Its manifesting equally in both mother plants and the ones in flower and does not seem to follow any conditions, meaning stressing the plant intentionally or not, does not make it happen.

The plant is otherwise healthy, in fact its be far the most vigorous plant I've ever grown.

There is no explaining amount and quality of bud I get from this plant.

Except that its Silverfields and Jackhammer.

gallery_833_383_2797.jpg

Ohh man.., the quality..

The 2 things I know of that will cause that crinkle is genetics and root stress. If it is not severe, the genetic crinkle will often go away. If will not if it is root stress. pH can cause both curling and crinkling. Inadequate oxygen to the roots (overwatering/infection) and too much nitrate can also cause that. Check the temperature of the medium as well. Too hot or too cold can also cause problems.

Its a hormone thing alright, but its not related to flower. It popes up in veg too.

It always grows out after two or three leaves.

Once the leaves effected grow out, they grow our otherwise perfect.

Now I run a portable air conditioner, temps in there are perfect 24/7 now, and were far from it last time.

The anomaly didn't change much.

It seems to get worse the less stressed out the plants are if that makes any sense at all.

Like the faster they are growing the more they do it.

I found one red light source in there, taped that up, see ohh 3 or 4 months if that was it when I run some more.

Ohh how I hate the snail pace of science.

had 2 different genes in same bloom room. afgan on one sode bb on the other. bb did have some curling and also some leaf discoloring. the afgan had neither. same light and same nutes.

Yeah, that's why I think it's genetic and not stress. It stays with one plant and doesn't change when I change medium. Other strains in the same grow are not doing it. I see seedlings do it when the soil is too hot the first few good waterings, and it does look the same.

That said, rootzone stress does make it worse, but I still only see it this bad on one plant.

I wont toss that plant because its huge vigorous and possibly the best pot I've ever seen.

ITS YOUR PH!!!!!! Look up the pH manifesto , ph is a huge huge huge huge thing that is overlooked, if your not using a ph perfect nutrient like canna aqua or advanced, than you HAVE to test and adjust your ph. Be for I read the pH manifesto, I was having wrinkly leaves,spiral leaves, buds growing out of the middle of the leaves,yea u read it right, strains that have been genetically modified,like duper lemon haze, has traits that will make it grow buds in weird places,bad water aka, high or low ph brings out wierdness!! Lol. I'm new to this site, but not new to the scene. If anyone has any questions about anything just ask. I don't know it all, but I know alot, and I'm always learning new things, be open to learning new methods and taking in new ideas. Also, ppm/ec meters are a must as well as ph. If u have the four main canna-needs, you will get excellent results. Light*Medium*water*enviroment**** if u have these four down perfect, the rest Is up to the strain. Don't use tap water or well water , RO water only, if your getting good results with tap, you would get 10x better results with ro. (Reverse osmosis) my water is at 0ppm's and 7.8 when I add my nutes, after adding the grandmaster A.N. bundle, it's at about 1510ppm. With co2 enriched rooms u can use higher ppm's and more lights, without obtaining nute lock or stress. Also if you are using tap water and organic nutes, your wasting your money!!! Tap water has chloride in it which will instantly kill organic nutrients.i could go on forever, jumping from topic to topic. I'll stop now

I have seen this as well. Mine always seem to grow out of it, but I have noticed at the same time what looks and feels like a sappy clear substance on my leaves. Not trichomes either. It looks like water but it's not. It's sticky like sap and has a slight trichome-like smell though. Does anyone know what that might be, or what may be causing this? It's not all over the place, just on a couple of places within 9 plants in a SOG grow, I'm about 2.5 weeks into flower on some of Sannie's Jackberry and a couple of Nirvana's ICE Fems.

I'm seeing similar wrinkles on my seedling. I thought it was cuz I was letting the soil dry out some.

20151015 163114

20151016 223043

20151009 122042

Millertm

Edited because it's easier to profit off stupidity than correct it.

Seen this on a few folks grow lately, looks like mosaic, they transplanted, changed the soil, problem fixed.

I have seen this as well. Mine always seem to grow out of it, but I have noticed at the same time what looks and feels like a sappy clear substance on my leaves. Not trichomes either. It looks like water but it's not. It's sticky like sap and has a slight trichome-like smell though. Does anyone know what that might be, or what may be causing this? It's not all over the place, just on a couple of places within 9 plants in a SOG grow, I'm about 2.5 weeks into flower on some of Sannie's Jackberry and a couple of Nirvana's ICE Fems.

Guttation?
  • Like 1