•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

texasgrass

Bhang Lassi

Bhang Lassi

just ran across this and thought it be good to share since its a traditional drink offered to SHIVA. im goin to try to make in the next few weeks when i get enough buds to use

Bhang Recipe

What's Related >>

It seems a bit labor intensive, but then it is meant as an offering to Shiva.

With the weekend coming up, you might find use for this recipe for bhang from Flavors of India by Shanta Nimbark Sacharoff.

* 2 cups water

* 1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant preferred)

* 4 cups warm milk

* 2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds

* 1/8 teaspoon garam masala [a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon]

* 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger

* 1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater

* 1 cup sugar

Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes. Now strain the water and marijuana through a piece of muslin cloth, collect the water and save. Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze between your hands to extract any liquid that remains. Add this to the water. Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add 2 teaspoons warm milk. Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together. Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Repeat this process until you have used about 1/2 cup of milk (about 4 to 5 times). Collect all the milk that has been extracted and place in a bowl. By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass. Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk. Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed. Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before. Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal. Discard the residue. Combine all the liquids that have been collected, including the water the marijuana was brewed in. Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger and rosewater. Add the sugar and remaining milk. Chill, serve, and enjoy.

It seems a bit labor intensive, but then it is meant as an offering to Shiva.

Created 8/12/2000 12:20:47

Modified 10/22/2000 23:49:03

• Like 2

Here s quick "lazy-western hippy" Bhang Lassi recipe.

------------------------------------------------------

* 1 quart of organic Vanilla yogurt

* 8 cups organic whole milk (cream-top style if possible - more fat and oils to extract the thc)

* 1 ounce dried marijuana (crushed and crumbled small buds and sugar-trim leaves) or 1/2 ounce of pure high quality bud.

* 1/2 cup organic grade "A" maple syrup

* 1 teaspoon rosewater

* a pinch of dried clove

* a pinch of cinnamon

In a large pot add 4 cups milk and dried marijuana. Bring to a slow boil, stirring frequently.

Watch the pot to make sure the milk does not froth. Turn down the heat if it does.

The idea is to extract the thc out of the dried plant into the milk with as low a heat as possible.

SO slow boil the mixture for about 30 minutes.

Once the extraction starts, you should smell the herb pretty intensely.

Let the mixture cool for another 30 minutes.

With a clean cheesecloth pour the mixture through the cheesecloth and into a large mixing bowl.

Let the milk strain through, then wrap up the remaining wet herb into a ball inside the cheesecloth and squeeze to get as much milk out as possible.

Next add the yogurt, the maple syrup and the rosewater to the strained thc milk.

Add another 4 cups of non-thc milk.

Whisk it all together to make a nice smooth texture.

Pour into individual glasses (wine glasses or wide rimmed preferred), and let chill in the fridge for 1 hour.

When served, add a tiny dash of the dried clove, and a tiny dash of the cinnamon to the top of each drink.

Serves 4-8 people.

KABLAAM !!! :tu

• Like 1

What i do is:

collect all the trims, let them dry, boil them for 8 to 10 minutes, squeeze a bit of water, throw it all with a pinch of black pepper inside the electric grinder, it will end up, like a green paste, take a teaspoon and mixed with any fatty yogurt, more fatty best, use cream too as possible over 35% fat. Wait and enjoy, and say bye to pains, and worries for hours!!! Strong stuff though!!! I want to try to put that paste over some fatty meat too and see results!!

(but gave me the runs, LOOOL) B)

Asked the few friends from India and Thailand that I have. Their verdict:

The mistake was not to chew any raw opium. :D

Not sure if thats even ok to mention here :D

KIDS:

-Dont use drugs!

-Stay "Mmmhkay!"

-Fuck Opioids, you will need em when u are old anyway! :D

• Like 2

never chewed raw opium (yet) ...

just smoked some in my younger "tough guy" years, lol.

(that gave me no runs though, hehe.)

kids should stay away from drugs allover, except myb when they know what they

are doing cuz they are doing it with their experienced curandera-grandmothers ;)

• Like 2

Be careful about nans. They carry a load of wisdom but also the load of years gone. :D

Safe trips, Less talk! More Klingon! Blood! Cheese!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fz85FE0KtQ

http://www.y XXX outube.com/watch?v=-Fz85FE0KtQ

• Like 1

she takes care of my parents on the other side *wink*

... and thanks for this musical blast to the past :)

• Like 1