•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Aad

Sannie's Jacks On Soil,organic

Enough lazying about! ;)

I made a few changes in my growroom.

New additions :

-400watt Philips Master HPI-T Plus for vegging instead of the 400watt HPS.

-600watt ballast + Philips SON-T PIA Greenpowerbulb for flowering(also instead of the 400watt).

-new,slightly bigger Carbonfilter.

-square 6,5ltr. veggingpots instead of the 5ltr.round pots(more soil+less space taken up).

-i had to buy a new humidifier(dropped the old one :) ),this cheap Fogmaster

gallery_40_232_592991.jpg

works very well together with the humidity regulator.

gallery_40_232_413201.jpg

-last but not least(Safety first!) i mounted 2 automatic ABC-powderextinguishers,one in the growroom,the other above the ballasts/switchboard.

gallery_40_232_504116.jpg

I rehung my RUCK-fan as well,i mounted this a bit further away from the filter and slightly at an angle so the sonoduct can do it's work better(there was sound traveling unhindered through the end of the carbonfilter,which is a lot less now).

I filled and watered the vegpots 4,5 days before starting to germinate my seeds to get the soillife going in advance and give the roots a good start.

Again i'm using a lightmixsoil(House&Garden)and i mixed in :

-BAC-funghi

-1 Buffer(feeding)tablet per pot(these were not mixed in but gently pushed in 5 cm.,careful they are more fragile than they look!).

-some Biobizz Premix(bit less than the normal dosage,because of the added tab).

-some wormcastings

-bit of Mearl(seacalcium)

-tiny amount of basaltmeal

In the middle of each pot is a plastic cupsize amount of just seedling/cuttingsoil.

Watered in with a heady mix of Sannie's Bacto,BAC-rootstimulator,kelp,humic- and fulvicacidsolution.

gallery_40_232_914222.jpg

Because i had 30 seeds i started 15,i have only 14 pots(two rows of 4,flanked by 2 rows of 3),

but i didn't see the point of storing 2 seeds.The one extra i put in a small cup with only seeling/cuttingsoil and then forgot to water that in properly,so that was shortlived. ;)

gallery_40_232_423242.jpg

gallery_40_232_35942.jpg

All seeds germinated in 48 hours and went underground.

gallery_40_232_250506.jpg

13 of them showed their heads in another 48 hours.

I gave up hope of nr. 14 and planted a twisted shack in that pot.After going through all that effort,it would be a shame not to use the pot and i now have the means to dry seperately from the growingroom(the old carbonfilter is still usable for a drying cabinet).

It seems the Jack was only a bit late and is now also aboveground,the Twisted Shack is coming up as well,so there will be a casualty soon.I'm gonna wait a bit to see which one i'll terminate.

If the Jack looks to develop normally,the Twisted Shack will get a twisted neck. ;)

Here you see the late Jack on the left and the Twisted Shack on the right.

gallery_40_232_223086.jpg

I got a freak as well(not too worried about that,i would be more worried if there wasn't something freaky in there,seems to be the norm for me). ;)

Triploid :

gallery_40_232_743280.jpg

The rest is going strong ;) .

gallery_40_232_344382.jpg

As a final note i changed the radiostation from Arrow classic "Rock" to city FM(classic rock as well).Arrow has sadly lost it's mind and they have for some weird and unfathomable reason put on Adam Curry :) onanising from 06.00 to 10.00.Subjecting my plants to that would have constituted cruel and unusual punishment indeed,so i am glad i remembered in time. ;)

That's it for now.

Grtz. Aad

Hmm, from the point of perfection I'd kill the Twisted shack, but that is always a hard decision... Killing plants is really hard and it kills moral. Hmm maybe I shouldn't be that emotional about it, but even males I have to kill feel hard...

But nice round Aad, I have those seeds lying around since the mailman delivered them... Next to my 40 plants at the backdoor, that bastard entered my backgarden, but there is no problem it seems :) .

Well hé, very nice! You don't have to use the 400W HPI for a long time I guess, 400W of pure growing light is ALOT!

Btw, what soil do you use, lava soil ?

And the best of all, you give em radio!!! I'm still working on that !

Kees.

I am in :)

This is going to be fun

greetz sannie

Thanks Kees and Sannie :) .

Have completed the first post,had to walk the dog first :) .

Grtz. Aad

Thanks,Bacgrower.Make yourself at home

Little update,the plants are growing nice and wide.

gallery_12078_5651_1023374.jpg.

First sevenfingered leaves spotted. :)

gallery_12078_5651_644570.jpg

Triploid.

gallery_12078_5651_43953.jpg

Regular.

gallery_12078_5651_1278212.jpg

I've got one miscreant,can't seem to find it's way.

gallery_12078_5651_44453.jpg

The fate of these two is dark as well,they both have light/discoloured spots(no clorophyl),this one the worst

gallery_12078_5651_40992.jpg

this one a bit less severe but still..(not clearly visible because of the 400wat lighting,sorry):)

gallery_12078_5651_348674.jpg

Then there's the latecomer(nr. 10 in the pic above),waiting to see how that develops.

I have at least 10 nice,healthy plants,so i'm hoping for enough womanfolk.

gallery_12078_5651_22411.jpg.

Tonight they're getting a spraying with BAC Pro-Active,with a little yucca added.Now if i can just remember the dosage of the yucca ;) (i thought it was 1 ml./ltr.).

Anyone? ;)

Grtz. Aad

Yeah Yucca is 1ml/L about once a week... Just gave my babies some... I'd rather give it twice a week though, they seem to hang more about a day or 3-4 after their holy watering of yucca...

Kees.

Updatetime.

Everything is going well. ;)

gallery_12078_5651_411602.jpg

I did have some curling leaves on the slightly taller ones,which i blame on the fact i hadn't raised the light since the start. :)

Also i have a multifan(think aquarium) that is supposed to blow just above the tops of my plants...(see above)

These were both quickly raised and things are looking better again. ;)

gallery_12078_5651_1200925.jpg

Triploid.

gallery_12078_5651_543720.jpg

This is one of my favorites.

gallery_12078_5651_426642.jpg

I elevated the latecomer a bit,needs all the light it can get.

gallery_12078_5651_387377.jpg

Final shot after spraying them a bit(just water).

gallery_12078_5651_492802.jpg

I have been given the lucky chance to participate in a test of some caracteristics of a digital electronic ballast that is becoming available here versus the more commonly used magnetic ballast.(I will be using a new philips greenpowerbulb for this test.)

Both are 600watt,one is a brand new ELT 600watt magnetic ballast and the Techone digital electronic ballast has been generously donated by Frans from www.thegrowshop.nl and the deal was put together by Whazzup,who will be doing most of the testing(he's got the equipment for it :) ).

The electronic ballasts are nothing new of course,but these promise to be a bit more affordable and they do offer some big advantages as opposed to the more standard magnetic ballast.More Lumenoutput,softstart,using less energy,less heat given off etc.

This is it!

gallery_12078_5916_186181.jpg

Not all bad these forums. ;)

Since the plants are definitely shooting upwards now and the biggest(the triploid) is at 35 cm already the clock is going on 12/12 as of tomorrow.I'll keep them under the HPI for 2 more days and then change to the 600watt HPS Greenpower.

Now i'm just hoping i didn't wait too long and get some real trees. ;)

That's it for now.

Grtz. Aad

Nice I hope the new ballast is what we are looking for, these are alot cheaper than the lumatek's and the brand is probably better known.

Kees.

Oke then!

gallery_12078_5651_40016.jpg

Sannie's Jacks seem to show their gender early,eager girls. ;)

gallery_12078_5651_110295.jpg

Only 4 days after switching to 12/12 i have two lovely ladies confirmed by some lovely pistels.

These are quite nice strapping girls as well. :)

You might have seen from the pics already that i switched from the 400Watt HPI to the 600Watt HPS(2 days after switching),so the colour isn't very good.

Sorry. ;)

This is one of the 2 early birds( :) ).

gallery_12078_5651_810165.jpg

I'm gonna have to remember to take pics just before lights on again. ;)

Overall shot.(forget the colour)

gallery_12078_5651_365871.jpg

Grtz. Aad

Did not see in the newspaper this grow show was starting sorry people for being late. Move your big feet Blowfish and move over and give me a seat. Looks like it is just getting good.

Ok Aad continue with your show I am anxiously waiting for the finale!!!!!

Maybe i have to start thinking about charging admissionfees. :)

Only kidding ;) ,everybody's :) of course.

Pulled a little muscle in my back yesterday so i'm taking it slow and i am heavily selfmedicating atm. ;)

But as they say "the show must go on" ;) ,so i'll do my best.

The finale is anxiously awaited here as well. ;)

Grtz. Aad Coppola. ;)

Maybe i have to start thinking about charging admissionfees. ;)

Only kidding ;) ,everybody's ;) of course.

Pulled a little muscle in my back yesterday so i'm taking it slow and i am heavily selfmedicating atm. :)

But as they say "the show must go on" ;) ,so i'll do my best.

The finale is anxiously awaited here as well. ;)

Grtz. Aad Coppola. :)

alright Aad mate

all lookin real nice in here ;)

i'll be lookin in on this one, the sannies jack looks very promising ;)

top job as always my friend

all the best, phil

Hey Aad mate,i noticed a stereo in your cab and just wondered if it was for u while u worked or the plants.

I know that might seem a little strange but a lot of people reckon the plants like it!

Great show by the way and like the improvements. :)

Lovely jacks

Make me proud Aad

greetz sannie

@Philcanaries. ;)

He,Phil!Nice to see you,still got some Anna left?

It's going fast here and i'm praying it will last me till harvesttime.

Thanks for dropping in,anytime. ;)

@Blackcat.

Thanks!

For the stereo question i'll refer you to 2 previous posts of mine ;) :

He,@ASGrow!Nice of you to drop in.About the music,it's a bit of both.I have always had a radio playing in all my growths,although long ago this was to drown out some fannoises :) .Now it's maybe a bit of a superstition,but I want my babies to get the best environment they deserve.So it's Arrow Classic Rock 24 hours a day. ;)

As a final note i changed the radiostation from Arrow classic "Rock" to city FM(classic rock as well).Arrow has sadly lost it's mind and they have for some weird and unfathomable reason put on Adam Curry :) onanising from 06.00 to 10.00.Subjecting my plants to that would have constituted cruel and unusual punishment indeed,so i am glad i remembered in time. ;)

There is some debate about wether or not music does your plants any good(and even which music,classical/rock),but even seemingly pretty well regulated scientific tests show it might(however much).So with the principal of no harm,no foul,they get classic rock 24/7. ;)

@Sannie.

I'll certainly try! ;)

I have removed another male,sadly the biggest of them all(the triploid) and suspect 2 more of machismo,so there's 5 still to go.I'm waiting on repotting till they have all shown and i can pick the best for finishing.

After getting used to the 600watt Greenpower they are responding with lovely vigorous growth. ;)

Grtz. Aad

Yeeeh,we can upload again. :)

First male.

gallery_40_232_51280.jpg

Result.

gallery_40_232_20012.jpg

Still left(forget the colour),the one on the left is a male for almost sure so i moved it in favour of an still unknown one.

gallery_40_232_404368.jpg.

Grtz. Aad

Yesterday i repotted the selected ladies to their final 25ltr.pots

I had a female/male ratio of 50%,so out of 14 seeds i got 7 males and 7 females.

The gentlemen will be cut into small pieces and recycled as wormfood.

Little do they know!

gallery_12078_5651_451373.jpg

The ladies selected are nicely uniform and of almost equal height. :)

Hopefully that means i won't have to raise some etc.,also with the 600watt i have lost some 20cm. in height,so i'm hoping the ladies will stay at 1.30/1.40cm. and not grow much higher(tallest yesterday was 75 cm.).

Repotting went quite well,although it seems the square pots are a bit harder to loosen than the round pots i used previously,so it was a bit tense.

All the plants were straight and erect again in a few hours,so in the end all was well. :)

Grtz. Aad

Hereby Phil,wouldn't want to leave you hanging. ;)

Thanks for dropping in. :)

Update!Week 3 day 5 of 12/12.

The ladies are doing great ,two of them even did a bit too good a job of growing big.

By applying a bit of bondage..

gallery_40_232_391593.jpg

gallery_40_232_226430.jpg

the field is a lot more even and they are already,after a few hours,pointing up again. ;)

I managed a few shots today before the HPS came on.

gallery_40_232_666155.jpg

gallery_40_232_745147.jpg

gallery_40_232_68737.jpg

gallery_40_232_293072.jpg

The worms are doing great ,as are their offspring. ;)

gallery_40_232_149586.jpg

They were doing so good,that when i took off the toplayer of soil in my bigger pots,i released the ones that were in the toplayer back into the wild(with a thank you for a job well done,of course).

Hope they haven't gotten soft here and will be picked on by the tougher "street"worms. :)

Stoned again. ;)

Grtz. Aad

hehe what are you growing now, worms or pot? :)

They are really big babies, looking good aad! Made a few pics myself for the ballast test, will publish when we are ready with that :)

Thanks Whazzup,very much looking forward to your pics.

I grow pot :P and the worms i consider as live-in little gardeners that help me with that. :D

Week 4 day 3.

Few pics with and some without the HPS.

From below.

gallery_40_232_1185604.jpg

gallery_40_232_915358.jpg

gallery_40_232_341846.jpg

The bending of my tallest lady resulted in it breaking. :o

I think i put it under too much tension and i only secured in 1 spot. :j

The stem,coming from the tie-rip,was at an almost 90 degree angle.You can just see it by the underside of my fingernail.

gallery_40_232_882560.jpg

I have straightened it out a bit and secured it at more places,it happened to me before and turned out allright then,but it wasn't my intention and i have learned my lesson.Next time i think i'm gonna have to add a horizontal scrognet(rigid,strong one),if only for supporting and keeping low the faster growers.

If not for my tendency to do everything with as little effort as possible(lazy basterd) :j ,i would have had that ages ago off course. :D

Grtz. Aad