•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

shaman priestess

Strains For Cancer

i have been made aware of two recently diagnosed breast cancer ladies and have been asked if i can help them

i will be looking for strains to help with the ravages of chemotherapy, post surgical pain/reconstructive surgery pain and pain associated nausea

i will be making edibles for them as well, any recipies would be greatly appreciated in the kitchen forum

pukeberry is #1 on the list, proven nausea properties with cancer patients

mtf is on the list for pain, nausea and munchies

i look forward to suggestions, i thank you in advance

I would also try Herijuana or dirty harry for nausea and munchies...Id try bubba kush for pains...never tried MTF but ive heard good things about it as pain meds....I use a strain called mcfly which is a c99 x sour queen cross for depression which will most likely follow those procedures so id recommend a happy sativa to keep the spirits up.....ill do some research and see what I have that may help....my mother in law just fought breast cancer which took one of her breasts but would not let me help in any way as she is old school....I had planned on making THC pills for her and she still refused so we watched her suffer and it was not nice....ive made some crosses that may help and id like to.....im not great at the cooking part yet but im experimenting....when I make cookies to get the canna taste out the best we can we use peanut butter...it takes from the canna taste alot.....we make choco chip and add PB to the mix and when they come out to cool we put a reeses peanut butter cup on top and that makes a huge difference in taste.....ill be in touch mtf-shaman..

inkognyto

As a painkiller I'd definately go for a herijuana or kush variant. As a for reconstruction I'd shitch between herijuana and a high THC content plant instead of high CBD.

I don't know a lot of this, I'm trying to learn.. But this shitty world doesn't want to know anything about it... So there is absolutely no reference...

Kees.

My wife has chronic pain and MMJ has nothin on Vicodin. That being said, hash seems to work way better than straight weed on relieving muscle pain and spasms.

I have a friend with deppression. The best thing he ever did was quit smoking weed, since it is a mild deppressant. If it's chemical depression, I don't know. If it's from mental process, then intoxicants are not the road to clarity.

That's all I got...

Guest booboy

kermie, I've been making med grade cookies for chemo/chrohns patients for years...rellor from PG gave me names as did folks at og for needy peeps...I use 1 ounce of serious finger leaves, add 2 quarts of water, and 1 stick of butter...simmer for 6 hours...let cool...take a 1 gallon tupperware and stretch an old tee shirt of some thin fabric over the top of the bowl attached with a rubber band...when cool, pour the mix onto the shirt...gather the edges and make a ball out of the shortwith the edges and a stem if you understand what I mean...squuze the shirt til you are close to popping a blook vessel in your forehead, squuze a bit mor...all the goodness is in the bitter end...let the water thann the butter mix chill overnight in the fridge...the next morning use a thin knife and trim the ring of butter from the sides of the tupperware and remove it...wash off the residual for the back and you now have a batch of seriuos butter...use one stick and add 1 egg and a betty crocker oatmeal cookie mix pack found in the baking section...add cranberries, nuts, and lodssa raisins...one stick of butter, depending on the potency wil make anywhere from 32 killer cookies and 64 good cookies...you've eateh the ones from the 32 cookie batch...I do about a half pound at a time so there lots to share...I share 80% of my baked goods and 20% of my greens...wanns package sent off soon...just let me know...I'm always ready to assist out sick brothers and sisters...ironic that I was a chemo patient when I decided to cash in my connection and grow my own with the hepl of my brothers at OG...the offer for anyone to contact me is anhonest request...I feel good helping others with the gift I was taught...sorry for the spelling...very keifed tonight...

thanks so much for the recipie and info boo!!!yes i liked those cookies very much, they came at a bad time and helped me get some decent sleep.....one of the ladies is my very good friends' mom, she tried some mattie from the last harvest of her over a year ago and loved it....since she is about my dad's age i have good reason to think her chemo will work well unless there are mets.....we are waiting for primary surgery date, diagnosis is invasive intraductal ca.....a lot will depend what the lymph nodes tell and what hormones if any it is receptive to....she is fortunate that her insurance is going to pay for reconstruction too.....having insurance with cancer can mean the difference between life and death

my uncle died of pancreatic cancer and my ex mom in law died of colon ca......been thru this before, been a couple years since i got involved with cases again.....been helping out med pts and other people in need

this is who we are, this is what we do

hello wonderful folks :) i'm new here and i just wanted to add something to this thread. i made some canna butter out of all the trim from some northern lights and made some mini shortbread pie crusts for some friends. the filling can be anything you want but i made blueberry cream chesse and pumkin and it work olut great! :rofl hope this helps peace... island

The last year i'm sometimes make oil.

Not with gas, but with alcohol.

i've got Very different kinds of material to work with,

so now i've a small collection of differents oils.

I'm looking now to make cannalyze tests of it, to look at the different fingerprints.

The effect in general is a very long, but present effect, wich is quit under the surface.

You can very well work with it, maby that's personal, i thought.

Half way when i was watching the movie: run from the cure,

i found myself eating the oil.

My feeling says verry clear; that oil is one of the most important thc-carriers for the fight against many forms of infections.

i'm looking now for the right path, how the oil can find the patient.

i'll return in this valueble(?) topic.

greetz Uknow

I make weed capsules, Scorp. You just use, leaf, bud, or whatever, obviously the stronger the better. But grind it up in the finest of powders (it has to be super dry) and after grinding, mix with olive oil. The oil is what carries it into the bloodstream, just as THC clings to fat in our bodies. Fill the empy capsules, you get these at health food stores, pharmacies etc. I'd get the non-geletin type for a cancer pt. Sometime I use expired things in my cabinet, and hand empty the capsules. Its a little messy, but 3-4 caps does me all day, but they would probably require dosing evry 3-4 hrs. just like the pain meds. This may be an alternative to smoking...and its all organic!

Not an expert but know this works.....

Indican

Shaman, you are correct. I used the lecithin too, in addition to the EVOO (learned that from Rachel Ray!) That is also oil, fatty acids. And fatty acids are getting some press on its benefits against tumors and such. Other oils I think you could use would be borage oil and evening primrose oil, especially for breast cancer pt.s These 2 oils are expensive tho, so the lecithin may be the way to go. Lecithin is a protector of muscle sheaths and nerve cells, and contains some b vitamins. They will need all the nutrients they can get while going through this.

Wow, this is a great thread, very informative, but we need more input I think!

Indican

I'm going to post a link to another board with a medical strain list. Don't know if it's accurate but might be a good place to pick up some ideas then research some smoke reports on a strain that sounds good. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...p;#entry1586365

A strain by Growdoc called Angel Dust is supposed to be superb for cancer patients.

My wife has chronic pain and MMJ has nothin on Vicodin. That being said, hash seems to work way better than straight weed on relieving muscle pain and spasms.

I have a friend with deppression. The best thing he ever did was quit smoking weed, since it is a mild deppressant. If it's chemical depression, I don't know. If it's from mental process, then intoxicants are not the road to clarity.

That's all I got...

I wont argue your points as mmj effects everyone differently. I started on vicodin, then after I got immune to that they switched me to percocet, then to oxycontin, then on to methadone....NONE of them even compares to the effects of MMJ on me. I will say the pain was a little more managable when I was on oxy but I couldnt get out of bed to go to work or even to the store. I missed my childrens sporting events and all kinds of things like that. When I got on MMJ, I suddenly became a person again. I could manage my pain and still have a life with my family. I look at mmj as an angel in disguise. It saved my life. Long term narcotic use caused me to get on anti anxiety meds and depression was immense......soon as I got off narnotics(which was VERY hard) and starting medicating via mmj, my life starting getting back to normal.

I am sure everyone has a different story and it might not kill my pain as it does yours....it might make me mentally stable where it makes you depressed. If I smoke to much I tend to catch myself having crazy thoughts and heading down that depressed road. When that happens, I usally take a day to just mellow out wihtout mmj and gather my thoughts. Thats the thing that sucks about this world is I have to self medicate myself and the side effect is what i just mentioned.....you can take to much. If docs would just start researching it a little more and put some patients care out in the open we all could learn from things like this. Instead we have to use trial and error, and sometimes that is not the safest method.

I have a friend in chemo right now after having a brain tumor removed. She's never smoked pot at 42 years of age and told me she has no intention of starting, so she's just hanging in there for another 4 weeks. It's knocking her out though. She has a strong mind though. I brought it up and she wasn't interested.

I have a bunch of hash I would have given her, but , not interested. Chemo therapy is horrifying in it's effects though. I was shocked to see the rashes on her face.

I have a friend in chemo right now after having a brain tumor removed. She's never smoked pot at 42 years of age and told me she has no intention of starting, so she's just hanging in there for another 4 weeks. It's knocking her out though. She has a strong mind though. I brought it up and she wasn't interested.

I have a bunch of hash I would have given her, but , not interested. Chemo therapy is horrifying in it's effects though. I was shocked to see the rashes on her face.

you know, for as much as a heavy user as i am, I have NEVER touched hash. I have never smoked it or even been around it. Are the effects the same as MJ? I assume they are since its basically the same concept. Can you eat it or do you just smoke hash? I am curious as all get out over hash....I will be trying to get some out of my 1st indoor grow.

Well, when i was a light smoker, I liked hash because it wore off immediately for me as opposed to a lingering drowsiness.

For my wifes back spasms and my own muscular aches and pains, hash is more effective than smoking buds. Perhaps because it is more concentrated, but it really does relax muscles. You also need to smoke a lot less, which is helpful when you are nauseaus as chemo patients are. That chemo therapy tears you up.

I had a friend who got HIV infected in the early 90's when the drugs were just coming out to treat it. He was at deaths door and had no appetite. He doesn't smoke weed, but he did then! It helped his appetite and got him to eat.

So hash, weed is helpful with muscle pain, nausea and appetite, which are things that can happen as a result of cancer treatment.

That's anecdotal, WPW is more knowledgeable about specific strains like Pukeberry.

I have severe chronic pain disorder all well as a few other things wrong with me.A online friend ,and breeder hooked me up with some s1's of a strain called grapestomper,and it was bred specifically for terminally ill cancer patients.He gifted them to me because of my severe pain ,and said that it will work better than any painkillers except for the pain patches.

I haven't ran them yet because i just got them.But the next run i make i will run these seeds.The genetics used in this strain is purple elephant(a faster growing higher yielding erkle pheno) x chemdawgD x sour diesel.If it really as good as he says i will get a pack of the regular seeds and make f2;s to help people out.

The Hericules and Killing Kush Fem is well received with request for more. I help a few cancer people but I have not spoken directly to them since giving them their meds but I did get thank you flowers sent to me saying they help wonderfully. I hate this disease and it has taken so very from me so it makes feel very good to know I managed to bring some relief from its grip.

Thank you Sannie.

letmeoutnow, good luck on your plants and grow and hope all the best for you. Positive vibes!