•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
solstick

12/12 From Start To Shorten Time From Seed To Bud ? And Other Beginner Questions

Hi all been reading alot here and other places on how to grow my own , i prefer to read on this great forum since people here are really friendly and im to old for those young know it alls that theres way to many of in some other places = )

Im ready to order some of sannies seeds and some grow stuff, lights ventilation carbon filter etc.

One thing i havent figured out is if i can shorten the time from seed to cured bud by starting 12/12 cycle in early grow ?

I guess that would lower my yield but im in need of smth for my depression among other things. And yes ive tried a bunch of meds but the sideeffects on those that did work are just to bad.

Unfortunately im in a country that still think reefer madness is a documentary :jump: so i have 2 options. 1 buy some usless soapbar hash or 2 grow my own.

Im planning on 2x400w mh/hps with 355 m3/h exhaust fan kit (400m3/h carbon filter) and a passive intake (might add intake fan later on) im thinking hesi nutes in a low ph soil 11-20 L pots. My growarea is around 170x190x210 temps around 19c 40-45% humidity (getting an air humidifier)

also im trying to find an automatic fire extinguisher that doesnt cost to much any suggestions ?

1x sleep Anesthesia

1x Daytime Jack Berry F2

1x Good yield , easy grow Big White

Any suggestions comments or ideas are very welcome since this is my first attempt.

//

Solstick

Tired and stuff so might ramble on and spell kinda bad = )

Edit: Did i post in the wrong section ? mods pls move the thread if i did.

Welcome on the forum and i hope you have fun here

The way of growing is posible and a good metode fore fast growing.

Maby it is bether to make your self a vieuw mother plants and 3 weeks bevore your harverst is resy cut some clones of it and use them fore your newe grow.

This is one time slower but after it is faster and you always have ladys.

TnT

One thing i havent figured out is if i can shorten the time from seed to cured bud by starting 12/12 cycle in early grow ?

I guess that would lower my yield

Im planning on 2x400w mh/hps with 355 m3/h exhaust fan kit (400m3/h carbon filter) and a passive intake (might add intake fan later on)

also im trying to find an automatic fire extinguisher that doesnt cost to much any suggestions ?

Hi,Solstick.

:jump:

The decision to go with 12/12 from the start is usually made because of heightrestrictions or -preferences.

So that's a choice you personally will have to make.

With 2x400Watt the 355m3 exhaust is on the small side,depending on outside temperatures and roomvolume,it might get a bit hot.If you go for a bigger one that can be varied in speed,you could also run that with less noise.

I have two 1kg automatic ABC-powder extinguishers at 22.50 euro's a piece,from a local Growshop.

I do not know any growshops in afghanistan i'm afraid. :D

Grtz. Aad

ps We have a section for people to introduce themselves,check it out,i always find it nice to get acquainted with new people. :no

Thx for the warm welcome = )

ok sounds good then il start the first grow on 12/12 as soon as possible just to get some bud to keep me going untill the next grow is done = ) il spot a couple nice mothers to take some seedlings from so i can vegg them properly the second grow. Can i have the mothers under some 20-30w Le lights ?

Might have to go for 1x600w if that 355 m3/h fan is on the small side = / budget is limited but i want some quality gear still. But perhaps i could take advantage of this cold as country and use some icecold winter air to keep the room next door to the grow around 15-18c and have a passive intake from ther into the growroom.

1kg automatic ABC-powder extinguishers sounds great but im affraid the only automatic ones there are here in afghanistan :jump: cost way more then 22,50 , more like 222,50 = )

have a great evening

//

solstick

Hi Solstick,

Some people go 12/12 with seeds fairly early. And while they are stretching during the early part of flower, that's a good time to take cuttings for clones. Up to three weeks and they'll revert back to vegetative growth once back under 18 or 24 hours of light (always depending on strain).

That sounds like not enough light for mothers but I don't know what Le lights are. Do you mean LED? I keep my Mothers under my veg lights. They need enough light not only to survive, but to make enough new branching for future cuttings.

One other thing to consider is that as a general rule, for treating depression, you want a sativa rather then an Indica. A more up high. I'm not familiar with JackBerry but if it is sativa dominant...it should do the trick. But, be prepared that Sativas take longer to mature. There's very little in growing that can be rushed and if you try, it sometimes backfires.

Good luck and welcome,

Dee

Hi and thanks Drdee

Le light are those energy efficient lightbulbs that come in 10 to 300w bulbs and are used by some for growing , oh just rememberd ive seen someone use them in a thread here , https://www.opengrow.com/index.php?showtopic=54

i thought a few of the cheaper once might be enough to keep the mothers going but perhaps not.

I will for sure try some sativa dominant but ive preferd indica dominant even for depression the few times ive had a chance to try some quality herb and if it can help me sleep better thats a nice bonus.

:jump: Nice to have you here solstick. For depression I will have to agree with DrDee sativa all the way. Most of the indicas give couch lock so they should aid you with sleep. I highly recommend Jackhammer for depression. I tried it last night and laughed so hard my sides were hurting. The taste was very good and the high lasted a long time. Good luck.

Oh we do have that forum for introducing yourself to the members you might stop by and say hello.

Hi and thanks Drdee

Le light are those energy efficient lightbulbs that come in 10 to 300w bulbs and are used by some for growing , oh just rememberd ive seen someone use them in a thread here , https://www.opengrow.com/index.php?showtopic=54

i thought a few of the cheaper once might be enough to keep the mothers going but perhaps not.

I will for sure try some sativa dominant but ive preferd indica dominant even for depression the few times ive had a chance to try some quality herb and if it can help me sleep better thats a nice bonus.

I go with 2 flourescents for seeds and clones, a 250 watt sodium or halide for veg, then 2000watts of sodium/halide mix usually. It's easy, efficient, and your temps. (or mine) depnds on the everything already listed here. I like your attitude tho, if you are gonna do it, do it right! Don't waste time with trial and error, just go with what will get you going right. We KNOW what types of lights are best, so I PERSONALLY would use these and wait til later on things people may be using that's too new to make a good judgement. And as far as strains, I use the heaviest indica's with some sativa, but the more sativa's definitely make me need a xanax! Just the way it does me... I love herijuana, and my personal favorite I've ever grown that is short but a HUGE producer is Sweet God by BC Bud Depot. I crossed a Herijuana with it and I'm 2 weeks into budding on the first plants of this cross. Both will stone you hard, and both have over 20% THC content, I believe. These are my ways but its easy to maintain, I always have buds. Anyway, welcome and get growin' and self-supporting :jump:

Oh, for mothers the 250 watters or 400s are good, depending on space, etc.....