•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

shaman priestess

What Do You Do To Stay Healthy?

what do you do to stay healthy??

what kinds of foods do you eat??

what kind of exercise do you partake in??

what kind of vitamins or supplements do you take??

i have recently seen a lot about omega3 fish oil, i don't get to eat salmon twice a week and i often have trouble eating healthy with pain, nausea, insomnia and lack of appetite....i am curious if anyone takes this or could make a recommendation to a low cost source

i have also seen a lot about chondroiton and others for help with arthritis, i am curious if anyone takes any of these kinds of supplements and the effects...

• Like 1

I do my utmost best to stay away from children. They are germ factories with legs. I also wash my hands with disinfectant wipes after handling money, particularly during flu season.

• Like 1

Howdy folks....mmmm...let's see...

I eat lotsa junkfood (burgers, pizze, our national meal...fries, etc), drink only chocolated milk (first drink o'the day), followed by an energy drink...then cola till sleep! :D

And of course a few grams o'good weed ;)

I daily hug & kiss several animals (dogs, cats, horses, sheeps,...)

Oooh, and I don't sleep much (and at strange hours for most people ;) )

WARNING: this stunt is performed by a stoopid, totally unprofessional, real human being...kids, don't try this at home, it could lead to severe body/brain damages!!!

• Like 1

Lordy priestess, what don't I do? Been very involved in health field for 20 years, athletic as hell, owned then managed over 10 health stores, so what do ya wanna know? One of the best sites to answer those questions logically, go to tnation.com. There's a great women's forum, and they have some very well known women moderating. I haven't been on there in about a year, but its sorta like here. You can ask ANYTHING and someone will take the time to help ya!

About fish oils, they have anti-inflammatory properties, for arthritis, but only good brands. Nordic Naturals I think in th US is the supposed highest quality. No mercury. Prabably more expensive. I take a 3-6-9 combo as does my girlfriend. But I take the glucosamine chondrointin combo. I don't find much relief, but I have a tendon wasting disease. When the Ortho dept. told me there was no surgery, only pain management, thats when I threw away the pain pills, and upped the weed usage 10 fold. I can't smoke before work and I'm in terrible pain, but as soon as I get home, smoke a couple, I'm fine. And, I have self supported for over 2 years since I quit the pain meds ;)

Sorry 'bout getting long winded there...

I'm stoned OUT! ;)

Indican

• Like 1

Guest booboy

I'm over the top regarding my health and care of it...big breakfast, walk 10 miles daily, protien shakes 2X daily, big lunch, monster dinner, 45 minutes nightly on the bowflex...never seem to stop...I comsume a dozen botanicals and herbs along with 8 specific vitamins my body requires...lossa fruit, acia juice, orthopedic shoes...you'd think I was old...I walk 2 miles after working out on the odd nights...no sleep for the wicked yanno

Well shaman...you know I try to take care of my body...but I also have my vices. ;)

I smoke tobacco, eat whatever I want when I want, drink prodigious amounts of caffeinated beverages & generally have every risk factor for Cardiovascular/Peripheral vascular disease know to man...except high cholesterol.

I don't have a sedentary lifestyle.

I am always walking, unless I smoke Herjuana, or riding bicycles or playing w/ the dogs..

Motorcycle riding also gives me a good workout especially on the twisty curvy roads around here.

Not to mention the amount of golf I play...I walk & I carry my bag. Sometimes 36 holes on a nice Saturday or Sunday. Riding carts & pull carts are for wimps, besides it's easier to walk down the middle of the fairway smoking a spliff...;)

As far as diet, while I do consider a bag of chips & a jar of salsa a single serving...just like boxes of girl scout cookies & pints of Haagen Daas ice cream, I am fortunate to have a good metabolism due to a fairly adequate balance of aerobic activity & diet.

Ya gotta burn what ya put in...

I find that the bicycling & golf help w/ my chondromalacia. I do take MSM/Chondroitin as a supplement but I'm not religious about it.

I can run & have participated in several 5k & 10k runs this year but then my knees pay for it for a couple of days

Still pretty good that I can run a flat course 5k in under 20 minutes & 10k in under 45 min.

They(the race promoters) don't like it too much when I light a cigarette as soon as I cross the finish line, though...wish it could be a bowl of Madonna...hehe

Peace...wpw

Hell yes WPW!!! I failed to mention my beer and liquor habits and 4-10 joints per day!!! And when you're healthy, that bs food tastes so friggin' good! oh, and shitloads of caffeine. ADED!

Oh my god ,what a thread.

Probably i will die of cancer because smoking. 30-40 cigarets on day is not a joke. . .

I like fast food but i eat her just if i dont have time to eat at home or time for restaurant.

Fish must be 2 times in one week but for one lunch i can eat 0,5 kg of meat.

Meat is something what keep me active because i dont eat 3 time on day. Once or twice is usualy.

Summer are bad for me but i like winter and spring. Hmmm i like temperature about 20'C ,so then i like to walk. No matter where just to be nature. In spring i can walk about 30km in one day (15 in one direction and 15 back).

I like swimming, so couple times in month i have this practis . . .

Strange but in one year i drink max 10-20L of pure water. Other are Cockta,Espresso (5-10 on day) ,many juices . . . .

Not so quality life but if we dont have problems, have enough money,have enough time for fisical practice maybe we can do more for us . . .

maree

Hmmm.. lemme see.. I take Fish oil and Lecithin every day and try to eat right. I started taking Lecithin a couple years ago because I heard that it helps the body absord THC and thought, "well, that can't be bad" ;)

I gave up soda about 3 yrs ago and lost about 60 pounds in doing so. I just drink water or unsweetened tea now and feel a whole lot better. I pretty much eat whatever I want but try to be sensible about it. I don't exercise much at all. I know I need to I just hate it so much.

Anyways, that's about it ;)

I have high cholesterol from bad genetics. I eat 2 servings of vegetables with dinner, and avoid almost all dairy.

I lowered my cholesterol from 260 to 200 by avoiding any trans fat foods especially wheat thins and pretzels. We eliminated fried foods, butter and transfat from our diets.

When I am not super busy I try to surf as much as I can, but I haven;t been in the water almost 2 months. I stretch every night combining basic shaolin stretching with hatha yoga. It works. We grill almost all our food and eat fish once a week.

The other thing I did to lower cholesterol was to take fish oil and niacin twice a day.

I am almost 41 and I still wear the same pant size since high school. I can do a press hand stand from a push up position and still can get my palms on the floor and my head to my ankles with straight legs.

I smoke about a joint a night and I like beer. We drink red wine with our grilled meat often. Clos Pegase 2003 Cabernet has been our favorite this month!

• Like 1

Hi Shaman priestest

I try and keep active by playing tennis, walking and running a few times a week.

Substitute fries for a baked potato or salad now and again, but cant go without fries. My girlfriend and me usually cook at home and far healthiser, less processed food.

we both take supplements, generalised adult nutrients for him and her, aswell as a natural immune booster.

Chocolate, ok I/WE have such a love for it, but it wont get me far. So now using chocolate pronutro, its like having a chocolate mousse for breakfast and contains loads of essentials.

Omega oils: I am a distributor of hemp products here in Sa and been using these products for many years. They are mainly beauty products, but the real beauty is in the ingredients, hemp. I am sure you could find some hemp capsules that contain all the essential oils. Here in SA they retail for about 9 dollars and contains 90 capsules, sadly I have not started using these capsules, but eat the other things.

I think health is something too important, I wish I would take it more seriously than I do. Nice topic BTW. Good luck on this journey.

oh where to begin, I take Multivitamin with pro biotics incorporated with it i.e stomach bacteria, cultures like Sannies bacto for humans. I also take tons of Vitamin C and B 2000% rda immune protector effervescent every few days or when i feel i need it but never with carrots beta carotene is canceled by vit C. I eat fresh garden salad every night I mean every night my dad cannot live with out it. Veg and fresh cooked food every night, organic pork most of the time and lean chicken breast to avoid cholesterol and yergic acid problems. we also have 100m sq of organic vegetable on our property which i am looking forward to harvesting. The only time i eat out is with friends and this is where i get into trouble health wise. I am 6'1' 80 Kg 20 years old when I go out i eat whatever I want Mc Donalds, or pizza anything. I smoke a lot of herb and to many cigarettes although i never buy packs anymore and i probably have less then 5 a day cigs and if left un attended with some killing fields im sure i could make 10 grams disappear dally. glucosamine chondrointin that is something i havent been able to get a hold of since leaving california good stuff my joinst could use some.

please forgive my not replying sooner, been little bit busy with things.....

thanks so much for all the replies, i have always been interested in trying to be healthy as dad was diagnosed diabetic when i was ten......so i grew up with all the veges, fruit and balanced eating habits......i actually prefer wholesome foods, illness often dictates keeping any kind of nutrition down....illness can also dictate that some foods have to be reduced or eliminated...

I've always been in good health. I eat a lot of vegtables, fruits and keep down on the meat. Never ate a lot of meat and I don't feel like eating a lot of it either...

I don't take any supplements as I'm too good at forgetting them. I'd take them the first day and forgetting them the day after..

I want to sport a bit more, but my time is limited haha! (so I'm trying to move as much as I can while on opengrow!)

Kees.

I only eat when i'm hungry, i don't really do the munchie thing..i love to fly fish so i'll smoke a joint and walk a stream to find a good spot..nothing speacial though..maybe take a vitamn when i remember to but thats about it. i'm with ya kee's i like my veggies and eat alot of them but will have a steak on the grill every now and then or som fresh trout..

Kees floating around the room from smoking your BHO is not exercise!!!!!! And walking to the refrigerator for munchies is not exercise either.

Hmm yes that's right maverick... Though your heart rate does increase when smoking...

I'm not sure whether this could be seen as healthy because it is not an abnormal increase, it does excercise the heart...

I want to start with 30mins of training each day. 20 mins training for stamina, 10 mins pure powertraining... Stop smoking pure joints and switching to vaping 100% at home, just smoking when somewhere else... Also I want my diet to be about 3500kCal...

hehe... Have to figure a way to achieve this...

Kees.

Medical cannabis can be used to cure disease... But staying healthy is much more important... So I guess this topic deserves to be pinned!

Kees.

what do you do to stay healthy?? eat right(for the most part) and exercise whenever i can

what kinds of foods do you eat?? i eat a lot of morningstar farms spicy black bean burgers lol. for not having meat they are amazing :popcorn: the only fast food i eat are rice bowls from a japanese place here. i could survive quite some time eating only vegetables, rice and teriyaki sauce. other than that, anything remotely healthy. i like fresh fish whenever i go fishing.

what kind of exercise do you partake in?? i try and go to the gym after work if my coworkers go. i hate going alone. plus its a long drive. i hate to sound trendy, but i LOVE my MMA training. im not really that into fighting or anything, but it is an amazing workout and its fun. i have a very expensive bike that i cant hardly ride becasue of where i live but that will soon change. here i come redwoods! i love paintball but i dont get to play much....hardly ever really but its awesome when i do. fishing isnt really exercise at all but its good fun and relaxing.

what kind of vitamins or supplements do you take?? i try and take a good multivitamin when i remember....been about 3 weeks since i last remembered lol. i like taking N.O. explode sometimes. it gives you a shitload of energy before a workout. i was taking light steroids for a lil while lol. im currently off of them for a bit and then soon to be back on. these are extremely mild but i am extremely skinny and VERY low body fat. i put on 10 lbs of muscle in the first month using them and stayed the same body fat. i guess thats all haha.

and i forgot to mention that i dont really drink much alcohol at all. im not really a fan of it. i will occasionally but never to the point where i feel like shit the next day. i like smoking pot once in a while. for me, its the growing aspect that i love, the smoke is just an extra that comes along with it. this is my passion, and i think doing what you love to do also helps keep you healthy. happiness and healthy tend to go hand in hand. and occasionally i will partake in the cubensis mushrooms haha. always fun until your trip goes south lol

i finally convinced my dad to get a treadmill.....he is going to do it while his wife is away visiting her son.....

also finally got the dvd's to the fluidity i ordered in october, hoping to stretch out and use the bar so i don't have to get on the floor and not be able to get back up.....

once you bust your tailbone, injure back and neck have to be careful what kinds of things you do....

i used to take dancing, yoga and pilates so i remember most of the routines....just having a dvd to show me how to use the damn thing is so very helpful.....they also sent the ball but no pump.....stretchy bands are on backorder still...

for me i stopped taking petrochemicals and toxic metals. oh i mean asprin, nightquil or any other over the counter or pharma drugs.

its been over a year and i feel healthier than ever

and quit smoking cigs helps too. lol

Lots of strong coffee first, ... decent walks with my shepherds in the pine forest helps my mind and cardio system, .... not argueing with spouse helps my bloodpressure .... admiring the female body while shopping sharpens my eyes,......eating greens before consuming my chicken fried steak gives me a healthy attitude going into that last bowl of peach cobbler...

cigs .... my worst monster

what kinds of foods do you eat??

- Stay away from the nasties like MSG, high sodium foods, stuff like that. I try and eat only high protein / medium carb / low calorie diet. Don't drink pop (or soda for some of you out there) or alcohol, only water / milk / juices. Eggs, red meat, fish, potatoes, occasionally some pork, whole wheat bread, peanut butter sandwiches, nuts, grains. I will admit to eating pizza and chicken wings every now then, but they're not a staple of my diet or anything.

what kind of exercise do you partake in??

- Since this cold is in not much right now hehe But during summer we play a lot of basketball and tennis mostly (just got into tennis last year). Played in a flag football league last year and plan on doing it again this year, it was pretty fun.

what kind of vitamins or supplements do you take??

- The only thing I take now is a good multi-vitamin each morning. Used to have whey protein shakes and eat protein bars like a junkie haha. When I was still playing sports and lifting weights heavily I took creatine too (was aware of possible side effects.. but if you are very strenuous with workouts and drink plenty of water then your body puts it to use).

I know this is an old thread but it's a good one, can't believed I missed it.

I had a real cool dude as a Chemistry and Physics teacher back in High School who was like my mentor on healthy eating and working out. He was a former body builder and he used his Chemistry knowledge to tell you exactly what the heck was going on when you eat/drink... incredibly intelligent man and I was lucky to learn from him... my diet I eat today is still based off of the things he told me back then. My mom's family has a history of heart troubles (lost her dad when I was about 6 due to heart attack, her brother had a massive heart attack at ~50) and my dad passed away when I was 15 because of alcohol related issues. Now I can't seem to convince my mom to exercise or quit smoking (tobacco) and she worries me as she is getting into her old age :blush: Needless to say I've had it beat into my head since I was younger how important health is and what it can do to you and I've been living healthy all my life because of it. Blessing in disguise? Who knows... I just know I don't want no stinking heart attack haha