•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

shaman priestess

What Do You Do To Stay Healthy?

Good to see you guys are taking care of yourselves

Strength training, good for all, especially as you get older if you truly want to look and feel younger, as well as live longer with a better quality of life and not have to live in fear of breaking bones with the slightest falls.

I would just like to say listen to your body!!!!

I am an ex-rugby man and had to give up the game through bad knees. I tried all the pills etc.

But for me the only person who is getting better is the pill manufacturer!

When your joints go the only option is to have them replaced....or skin up and have another ha-ha

Or to eat healthy. I am 57 and over weight. I love GOOD food, and it loves me. So I just restrict myself to how often I can have the treat, and when I say treat my treats are very simple. The roast skin of a chicken, or duck, or the crackeling of pork, nuts and cheese. I don't eat sweets of any kind, or crisps, or any fast food. I cook for myself so I know what goes into my food.

I resently had to go for a blood test and was worried about the outcome....only to be plesently surprised...all was normal....even my cholesterrol.

I would like to say it's through keeping fit but it's not, I would like to be more active and I am working on that. But at the moment I think it is the porridge I eat every morning, walking my dog, and the feeling of self worth...

I hope that helps.

Primarily fruit diet with greens. No pills, no supplements. Calisthenics! Body-weight excersises like handstand-push-ups, hill sprints, one leg squats, burpees etc.

Looks like some of us English men have alot in common

i have both carlidges done twice through rugby

and now im an over wieght hairy arsed lorry driver

burger wagons for me lol

Staying Healthy---

Wow being a ex competitive triathlete for over 20 years wore my shoulders completely out. Currently have severe arithis in both of them,however, the most important thing is to keep moving. I walk and do light stretching a very light weights. Also, beginning to watch weight. Main goal here is to avoid dicky doo syndrome. ( that is when gut gets too big you can't see what your dicky is doing)

A shot of CardioCocktail, a shot of SourTartCherry juice, Omega3's, vita D, vita C, a few other suppliments.

When I lost my insurence back in 2003, I found LifeExtensions, a vitamin maker, and researcher. Once I became a member, I can order my own blood tests, and have them evaluated, and WAY WAY cheaper than the AMA crap.

I'm in my mid fifties, healthy, active, with no aches and pains, all my numbers are decent, always room for improvement of course.

We eat a good balanced diet, cut way back on the red meat, alcohol, and worthless carbos.

I've watched so many in our family eat them selves to death....I'd rather go puffing weed myself.

Ive stopped smoking cigs and limit my cigars to one every other month or so. Walk quite a bit every week. I eat alot of fruits and veggies. Take hemp oi, fish oil (3 kinds), and three other beneficial oils. My breads are whole wheat. I garden and in spring summer and fall produce most of my own veggies. I hunt and fish so much of my protein is without any additives. I was also an alcoholic for most of my life, mostly due to back injuries, but now with a new med from the doc, and utilizing cannabis, I am able to be pain free 90% of the time, and sleep the whole nght through. That may not seem like such a big thing, but try waking up in tears with your back locked up three to ten times a night from the time your 12 till your fifty. I have found a new love and it is sleep. Deep sleep. I believe that just the correct amount of sleep I am getting is perhaps the best thing for my health.

Peace to all.. Bract Doctor

i dont smoke and hardly ever drink.

but my diet is pretty shitty and i havent done sport in 2 months :\

but want to hit the gym tonight again, tired of sitting on my ass

Personally, Ive always been active/sporty, but not so much team sports... surfing, skateboarding, downhill mtb.. until the kids came along !

Nowadays , its 3 X 6km runs per week , with 1 to 2 weight sessions for muscle tone( ok, & to add a bit of size ), my bikes sleep in the shed ;)

Eat well, lotsa fruit , smoothies etc.. but Im a sucker for BBQ meat !!

no ciggies for me,, but I still drink too much wine ;)

Fish oil to slow plaque build up in arteries.. Ive never found it to help any arthritic type pains tho.., but they are few & far between now that opiates are just a bad memory

.. apart from the chronic hep C ( genotype 1 ) , Im doing OK ;)

wish u all health & happiness ppl ;)

take care

:no

Working a fairly physical job 40 hours a week does wonders to keep a guy in shape. In the summer, lots of long hikes, beers and joints by the lake (great for the mental health ;)), fishing the rivers, running with the dogs, wakeboarding/tubing when I get the chance.

I find if I stay active, try and have a lot of fun, and pay more attention to being happy in general, overall physical health always seems to follow. :no

Oh, and sex. Lots of sex. One of the great perks about trying to get my wife pregnant! ;)

Iwas raised around a bunch of organic health freaks and vegans, and i notice they all have health problems.

Anyone think that eating all these chemicals processed foods and preservatives might actually build up your ammune system,?

Hey GET MO,

[Anyone think that eating all these chemicals processed foods and preservatives might actually build up your ammune system,?]

IMHO, if that was true, we should be showing a healthy population by now.

It's what a hundred plus years of processing food now? I wonder why our health is so bad in the USA?

We consume way more FF then the rest of the world, we should be super humans by now, if we're build the immunity system up.

HOWEVER, what you say has some merit also!! I've also seen that take place as you have.

Maybe air/water quality are a biggys too.

what do you do to stay healthy??

I eat fruit and hemp protein each day, and its been a ritual for the last 30 days in a row.

what kinds of foods do you eat??

Mainly fruit, veg and bread, cannabis, meats a few times a week, and coffee ( lots ) .

what kind of exercise do you partake in??

Walks some days, runs inbetween days, hikes on weekends.

what kind of vitamins or supplements do you take??

Vitamin C, hemp protein, whey protein.

I try to cook most of my food, I got a veggie patch I'm raising and eating from. (Starting to get lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers etc)

I try to avoid excess oil and salt.

I like baking stuff (not only chicken. also cakes and such) and I try to use more whole wheat and organic cane sugar rather than white wheat and processed sugar.

I don't let anyone get premade processed meat to the house (AKA, burgers, hotdogs etc.) unless its handmade sausages for the BBQ.

I walk my dog for around 40 minutes a day and work at the veggie patch. I don't do much beside that.

Oh, and having sex.

I avoid taking any kind of medicine, especially any form of pain killers. (Yes, even when going to the dentist and even after I had a motorcycle accident)

The only supplements I take are in food form.

I don't drink more than one cup of coffee per 2 days. I try not to drink any coffee at all.

I very rarely drink any energy drinks. (only acceptable on very major final exams)

The worst thing I ever did to my health was buying a car. (However I do have MUCH more hours in a day now)

Cheers.

.....I don't drink more than one cup of coffee per 2 days. I try not to drink any coffee at all......

...no coffee?? :lol: 2-3 cups a day should be o.k.

= no alcohol, never.

= medication = only in case iff very very needed on doctors advice. Have taken no antibiotics in years ....

= avoiding milk cause of antibiotics in it

= grow, breed own chickens= mutliple strains (hey u know me)= meat and eggs= bio ecological system.

= every vegetable is from my own work=i try to breed with them to, for preservation the next year. Some vegetables are also a two year cycle. All bio ecological.

= i avoid Coca Cola and Coffee, these are the wurst things for your stomac and kidneys on this planet + avoiding cafeine.

= No hard drugs and i avoid hard drug users, but i do use other plants from nature.

= i never use shampoo or the commercial bathing produkts, only scentet oils that feed the skin and dont harm it

= a great sex life is good to stay in good mental wealth

thats how i live

grdz e$ko,

• Like 1

I wish I had the space to grow chickens or goats...

What kind or scented oils do you bath with, eskobar?

Mostly Almond Oils, they smell very good to and are very soft. They cost a bit more and can be bought in pharmacie here.

Avoiding synthetical perfumes ... is why i do it for.

We dont use agresive detergents in daily life to. We clean with linseed or flaxseed oil combined with lavander oil or other aromatic oils.

Staying away from things that we think are not harmfull and that we are use to, but in fact they are chemicals.

Examples are Fabric softeners, parfumes, ...

Nature and human preservation i call this. It has to start somewere right.

I go pretty far in this and i live this way. Respect for others can only be given when u respect yourself.

A modern and respectfull way of living. Doing a daily effort to reach it.

Grdz e$ko,

= no alcohol, never.

= medication = only in case iff very very needed on doctors advice. Have taken no antibiotics in years ....

= avoiding milk cause of antibiotics in it

= grow, breed own chickens= mutliple strains (hey u know me)= meat and eggs= bio ecological system.

= every vegetable is from my own work=i try to breed with them to, for preservation the next year. Some vegetables are also a two year cycle. All bio ecological.

= i avoid Coca Cola and Coffee, these are the wurst things for your stomac and kidneys on this planet + avoiding cafeine.

= No hard drugs and i avoid hard drug users, but i do use other plants from nature.

= i never use shampoo or the commercial bathing produkts, only scentet oils that feed the skin and dont harm it

= a great sex life is good to stay in good mental wealth

thats how i live

grdz e$ko,

Quail are fun and easy to raise. I had 40 i bought and made a 4x4x2 foot coup for them.

After a while you can open a door for them and they will fly out but return for the night.

Like pigeons

Tasty eggs and easy to incubate.

Miss my farm days.

Mostly Almond Oils, they smell very good to and are very soft. They cost a bit more and can be bought in pharmacie here.

Avoiding synthetical perfumes ... is why i do it for.

We dont use agresive detergents in daily life to. We clean with linseed or flaxseed oil combined with lavander oil or other aromatic oils.

Staying away from things that we think are not harmfull and that we are use to, but in fact they are chemicals.

Examples are Fabric softeners, parfumes, ...

Nature and human preservation i call this. It has to start somewere right.

I go pretty far in this and i live this way. Respect for others can only be given when u respect yourself.

A modern and respectfull way of living. Doing a daily effort to reach it.

Grdz e$ko,

Not only do you breed top notch cannabis genetics, but you have a knowledge and affinity for living naturally.

So true, it does have to start somewhere and we can all participate. We all have an obligation to the Earth to do so.

Cheers to you my friend, it will serve you well.

Peace

well i stopped smoking cigarettes and hardly ever drink alcohol.

i dont do much sport except some weightlifting. but i walk alot since i dont have a car.

my diet is pretty shitty tho :lol:

but im pretty healthy i get a cold like once a year but thats it. i never go to the doctors (i dont trust them quacks anyway). dont take any medication or drugs.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakratest.php

took this a few months ago: any one else is welcome to join in and post their results

Its fun to watch them change over time.

Root: open (31%)

Sacral: under-active (12%)

Navel: under-active (0%)

Heart: open (31%)

Throat: over-active (81%)

Third Eye: over-active (88%)

Crown: open (50%)