•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Oxirous

The Truth about Cannabis

Gateway Drug?

I think there there is some truth to it, but not because smoking weed itself will make you want to do harder drugs. I believe it's environmental. If you are in an environment where very few people smoke weed, you are less likely to try it. It's the same for harder drugs. Where the gateway comes from is you are more likely to be subjected to hard drugs being in an environment where a lot of people use MJ as opposed to being in an environment where there is no MJ? I believe most people that smoked/smoke weed probably don't use harder drugs. But almost all users of hard drugs have reported they used weed prior to the harder drugs. Also, a person is less likely to offer a dug to someone in an environment where everyone thinks weed is bad. Just as most people that have tried weed, has tried alcohol. Does that mean alcohol is a gateway to marijuana? Depends on the result your looking for from statistics. Is it from trying alcohol, not likely. But I think we can all agree, if we were in an environment where alcohol is "bad" it might be pretty hard to score a dime bag. As those with the weed, would not be as open about it.

Basically it is no different than any other activity. Legal or not.

A kid taught to ride a bicycle is more likely to ride motorcycles, and people that ride motorcycles are more likely to be in a biker gang. Doesn't mean if you ride a bicycle you WILL be a criminal on a motorcycle. Nope!

• Like 1

Gateway, Alcohol and mom and dad's medicine cabinet.

Yes, especially the RX opiates. I know of several people who have resorted heroin because they got hooked on what the docs gave them. Totally ruined lives.

Adnoids out at the age of 12, Vicoden prescription, that's all she wrote, she became addicted and my Amanda as I knew her changed. . It was very sad. Had she only used cannabis, different story.

Not to be a downer here for anyone. It has been 15 years, so I can deal with this much easier. Took me 10 years before I could speak her name without crying.

I love cannabis and all it has brought to my life, I only wish I had found it a decade sooner.

@Gardenartus....very sorry to hear that. That is something no parent should ever have to experience.

• Like 2

Your strength goes beyond words, ma'am. Issues like these are all to common in our society. If we as a society had went in a different direction with medicines, by focusing on more "gentle" natural remedies instead of focusing on concentrating or synthesizing substances... we'd be in a much better place.

I was addicted to Vicodin at a very young age, shortly after beginning 6th grade. Around this time, a friend of mine began consuming and selling oxycodone. 6th grade. And by the ripe age of 15, 9th grade, I experienced my first near-lethal overdose.

I hope that someday we can make that shift happen, that someday doctors will be looking for reasons NOT to prescribe these drugs instead of looking for reasons TO prescribe these drugs.

Again, mizz Garden, you're a very strong individual to be able to continue through such an unfathomable tragedy. My hat's off, for you.

• Like 1

The ammount of pressure one feels when you live here (Holland) and you can't do anything else then follow the path that is in front of you that is so clear is just a matter of time till we rise. It becomes even more clear if one see's the benefit patients have from home grown cannabis.

The wrinkles in the lake get bigger and bigger and so is our movement on our side of the pond.

Rhino is working really hard to get the message spread and my part is trying to find the right people to get the medical train going.., we did loose already multiple times but that don't matter if you have you're goals carved on you're harddisk lol.

We have the utmost respect for people like Gardenartis, guiding individials and providing so much info.

As our movement gets bigger we guide more and more people and our medical cabinet is growing expansive, for every patient there is a medicine in cannabis.

I saw someone who was stuck to his bed for most of the day, leave his bed and is now active and among us the whole day. He became a well trained gardener and seed maker and he is my partner in crime RhinoCbd. Never ever have i seen this power in any kind of pill what so ever.

The first time he had his first reall relieve from G-39#17 we cried........

Cannabis has so much power it goes beyond the human understanding.

@Ms Garden, respect for you're loss, no words...

Poldergrower and RhinoCbd

• Like 4

We need to become more understanding with the use of cannabis, saving lives instead of destroying them.

Losing a child is something you can only truly understand if you go through it, you lose part of your soul, it leaves an empty spot in your heart. I don't speak of it often, because it makes others very uncomfy and not sure what to say. I am not sure what to say in return at times either.

Let the Power of this plant be spread to heal all.

• Like 2

I'm not really sure why this is pinned.

Some of the information is just nonsense:

{but does increase the amount of toxic tars that will coat the lung passages.}

What is this tar? Since I've looked at every single compound in the plant....where is this toxic tar?

Krikeys, hell even Snopes see this as misleading:

https://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/marijuanatar.asp

Why are we still comparing tobacco to cannabis, as far as tars go?

Tar from nicotine would be poisoned, as nicotine is an addictive poison.

Wax, shatter, oils are all tars of the plant?

You either get them from extraction, or from heat pressing, or from smoking them.

It's the paper of the joint when incinerated the paper particles become harmful to the lungs.

The tars are the goodies from the plant for us, not just for a bit of intoxication, but the medicinal values as well.

In my humble opinion anyway.

I also find the idea of some doctor knowing what cannabis I should be consuming revolting at best.

They let my friends go to jail for more than 70 years and never spoke up for true drug interactions of cannabis, to the human body.

Now, they want into this new money stream and lord over everyone with their prescription pad.

Oxirous - with your permission, this is my first touchdown on Opengrow and as this plant is my passion in life, it is very exciting to bring out a comment on the subject of health. The topic title hit me in the eye upon my first login to this board. So it is appropriate for me to make a statement about the truth spoken about cannabis.

As a grower of my own medicine for the past 23 years and a smoker for most of them, I have experienced two TB attacks in my life. I have had lung issues due to pneumonia as a child 3 times. I know a little about breathing issues. On the 7th of July 2018 at 7AM TB took my life. I was fortunate to be revived by a brilliant technician of physiology. In two weeks I lost 50% of my body weight. But I survived. Two thirds of my lung function was lost and the only way I could breathe was using medical oxygen. The prognosis from Pharma - "cheers, nice having your cash, but plz go home and enjoy whats left to you in the next few weeks!"

As a shaman acolyte, artisanal cannabis extractor and user of the cannabis phenol oil  (Honey Oil where I come from,) I can say 18 months later - humbug! Cannabis gave me back my life! I am busy regrowing my lung alveoli, exercising regularly, vegan by diet and studying medical application of cannabis daily. This plant is not understood as it should be. It is not used with respect enough. Education is everything! Dosage is also super important. Yes, this is all anecdotal, but 15 yrs of good responses by all different people from different walks of life does give wonderful confidence.

Many folks have used the bho honey oil extract with high thc and low cbd as a feco process, from Sativa landrace plants. Most people have had either relief or full remission from their ailments - but with good effort also in resolving emotional issues and adopting frugal lifestyles eating vegetarian diet.

It saddens me when silly peeps talk from low experience and do injustice to a plant that can do so much for humanity. Responsibly used, through proper research and guidance from folks who know what to do - it is clear to me why cannabis was banned by all in the 1930's - cure creates no cash! Now that legislation is providing access everywhere, we must all venture to have the best control to have the best products supplied to all who need it. Every country on this planet will benefit from this and the people will benefit in health by appropriate application of the incredible compounds in cannabis. CBD does wonders. THC does so much more. There are over 50 other cannabinoids that have some effect yet to be understood.

It is time for all people to stand up and demand the best from their governments - this plant is a miracle in our space and deserves to be understood. Please do not forget - for 6000 years the plant has been used, and not one fatality.....

This thread goes a way towards bringing the answer to the question: What is the Truth about cannabis? Lets do more dialogue and keep compiling the correct news.

I look forward at writing and learning more from this community.

I look forward to all countries on the horizon doing justice to their citz and deregulating this wonderful herb.

Oxrious is long gone. And mostly over reactive and wrong. Don't eat cannabis because of virus's? Fuck this guy.

• Thanks 1