•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

wpw

~Opengrow Coffe Shop...Part Deaux~

yeah .. always quiet it seems HK

definately not like at the ol' OG where when you sign in after a 24 hr hiatus and you see hundreds of posts if not thousands across the site ... just too many pot sites these days after the big bang

yeah .. always quiet it seems HK

definately not like at the ol' OG where when you sign in after a 24 hr hiatus and you see hundreds of posts if not thousands across the site ... just too many pot sites these days after the big bang

Yeah and yet oddly enough from what I've heard and seen none of them are doing much better. At this rate the "community" will expand into nothingness.

I see it as the community divided and diluted, too many differing opinions on what a canna site should be and what sort of conduct they should allow for their members. So instead of one decent site with lots of daily activity, you end up with several so-so sites with little daily activity, or worse yet, lots of activity but mostly negative. Of course comparing people's choices to the movement of cattle is rather rude and insulting and that sort of thing only makes the divides between sites that much greater.

Myplanetganja is for a certain mindset that believes people should be allowed to say what they want and be able and responsible enough to self govern themselves rather then have others decide if their conversation is acceptable. The people there went because they didn't feel welcome anywhere else. So they, thru the generousity of one person, made their own home that plays by it's own rules. Of course there is that old saying, "Be careful of what you wish for as you just may get your wish", as it is now Myplanetganja is having it's beliefs sorely tested by a few malcontents. To the point that the one generous person who made it happen is having second thoughts about continuing. Should he decide not to then all those MPG folks will be homeless again. Many of the older crowd of that group are just getting weary of it all. Things are too different these days and they don't really need the help. So they're starting to just find other things to do and that's bad because that's how you lose good information.

Of course comparing people's choices to the movement of cattle is rather rude and insulting and that sort of thing only makes the divides between sites that much greater.

ok hk, hehehe .... how about a murder of crows fluttering away by choice .. cackling all the way

ok hk, hehehe .... how about a murder of crows fluttering away by choice .. cackling all the way

How about a bunch of stoners that wanted to keep behaving the way they behaved online for several years before their old site went down and after being soundly rejected by other sites not willing to put up with how they were used to behaving?

Guest CK.

Hey HK. passion, patwi :rolleyes: and all you other cool cats and ladies out there... hope alls well with everyone.

Things are ok here in the foothills, for now.

Enjoyin this years harvest... specially the double sour diesel/blueberry x sensi star. thanks friend

peace folks

CK. great to see you :rolleyes: nice to hear you and your Lady are well

good to see everyone

just smokin on a big one myself ... just put it in the ashtray , I have had to relight it too many :)

all the best and be well

Dequelo

When Overgrow started, there were no social networking sites like Facebook and Myspace. It really was one of the first social networking sites. That combined with the fact that there weren't many places to learn or talk about

growing.

The Internet has changed a lot since then. I think Facebook really has changed things and has drawn lots of energy away from pot sites.

I went to an amazing Bavarian breakfast party last week. I could post pictures of giant pretzels and people drinking heifeweizen out of glass boots here to people who don't give a shit. Or I could post it on Facebook and and all the people who were there can see the pics and post their pics too.

If you have good friends and family relationships, you know you only get out of them what you out into them. So I think people are choosing to be social with people they actually know rather than with complete strangers who are bored and looking for something to pass the time.

The iPhone is the other thing. I send pictures of my garden and beautiful places and wierd things to my family and friends instantly.

I used to do that on potsites, but the results are much more rewarding with people I know.

I think potsites are becoming about growing and strain info and there are much better (safer) ways to social network.

I've got a friend who is am amazing musician with a crippling disease. He does Amazing things in Second Life. He composes music for

virtual art events. He is even able to play live with other musicians in Europe and the US even though they are

far apart. But even he prefers to have dinner / music parties at his home to really get to know people.

My real world social life suffered when I put a lot of energy into PG. When I recently explained what I had been up to to a friend he asked me who these people on line were? What I painfully realized recently is that I had no idea what any of

the people I thought I knew online were really like. I imagined and hoped they were a certain way, but it was not based on anything real.

So what is percieved as quiet or slowness is actually a reflection of how unimportant pot sites

are becoming as social networks.

Yes it is so quiet...leading all of us nowhere. I see many reasons into it.

First of all is like The Joker said : "Pot sites are unimportant as social networks". I prefer simply to say: "pot sites are unimportant, uninteresting" I don't even see the point writing my thread. It must be partly a resistance act against unfair prohibition. On the other side, a way to show other people(who are pasionated as you are) the secret part of your life. Even my best mate has never see one of the growrooms i made. A serious problem with potsite is that nearly every informations you can found are just false. So skilled peoples don't give a fuck about pot site. Even when information is not wrong or false, there is no way to reproduce what you've learn because every indor growroom is unique. But off course you can found intersting stuff but they are drown in the middle of bullshit ocean. Many guy's in here don't realised that the only way to understand a plant is taking experience with that paticular plant.

The problem with OG is that the site is too much comercialy related as well.

I think every single user on a pot site made some act of resistance. So Forum like this must be a way to show the world that we are here to show that there's nothing less harmfull than this plant. And nothing other than this. But damn ...Modo...sometimes you've done really stupid thing too. Remember this topic :

Damn the guy was nothing but a fool. He post a pics of himself. The modo deleted the pics. It was a shame he did so. Off course the guys never show back anymore. He must have think we were a big bunch of cunts...and he was right.

Just yesterday a longtime growers friend of mine had posted a thread into the welcome section. A modo just deleted the thread because he said he used obscene words and avatar. Pffff, again what a shame!!!The modo is 20 years old and must not understand sense of humor. How can you do that to a guy who's turning 40. Everyone could have learn from him. It has taken me month to convice him to share a bit. I thought the site was dying and that could have give a boost. But moreover the topic was deleted without giving him any explaination by pm. Now guess what??? i'll never be back...and he had never post in 20 years of growing.

I know my english is not that good and it's quite hard for me expressing my feeling. I'm confused, but i'm sure you get my point.

Peace

The magician

Ahhh Overgrow,

I found that site one nite searching for UFO images online. Found myself parusing Nardsofdanks gallery viewong his ISO tube picks. Soon I found some thread called "Super Simple Scrog" of a 400 watt upper/lower scrog cabnit. I about choked on my 45$ an 8th schwag I was smoking at the time. Soon after that I discovered how fun it is to virtually stone out with a whole crowd of people interacting in text. It was like a vicarious coffee shop that I could get to from my apartment.

The life changing important part was soon after I started growing my own. When my garden cought up with my appatite I started to realize how much I used to spend getting stoned. A while later I started to get prety good at it, and started adding things to the genepool. The pot I get to smoke is way better these days. Anoher benefit is I finally have a hobby that I really like, somthing I dont get borred with.

This would not have happened if there were no grow sites. I would have gone the rest of my life completely unaware that I could grow pot indoors on a small scale for personal use. I would still be out there every two weeks or so spending way too much money on a questionable product.

I can say life is far better now than when I first washed up on the shores of our extended community and discovered our craft.

I disagree that the reason these sites are so slow now is because of Facebook and MySpace and similar sites. Sure you can socialize there in a more meaningful way with people you know but in some ways they're even more dangerous then pot sites because so many are going to them. I just heard a story recently about a teacher who got fired because she posted pics of what she did over the summer and alot of the pics showed her drinking and intoxicated. She wasn't breaking any laws or doing anything inappropriate but either parents of her students and/or her superiors saw them, decided this was conduct unbecoming a teacher of young kids and they fired her.

A similar story happened last year where some woman who was a Mayor of a town in Oregon and on her MySpace page I think it was, she had a picture of her in a sexy pose with a Firetruck that was used for a calandar to raise money for the local fire department. The picture was done tastefully and didn't show anything inapproriate and yet she lost her position as Mayor.

Yet another Facebook story is where a woman got fired because she blasted her boss on Facebook after a frustrating day and eventually her boss saw the comments and fired her. Which is like your boss firing you because he read something he didn't like in your diary. Thing is though that these social networks are public domain and you can't make the assumption that nobody you don't want reading your stuff will never see it.

So I really doubt it's just the social networks, they may play a part but the bigger part I see as being the problem is our own community and how some people choose to behave. Many of you came here from PG because there was a lot of petty negativity going around that was unnecessary and a total buzzkill to enjoying the site. I mean this happened well before PG went down. There are those in our community that find it amusing and entertaining when people get too wrapped up in themselves or these sites and then someone comes along and figures out how to push their buttons to cause them to have a meltdown. I personally don't understand that, I mean what sort of twisted diseased mind finds making people upset or have hurt feelings, to be entertainment? It happens though and at virtually every canna site I've ever seen so it's not just because of one site's policies vs another. In addition you got people who fight over which method is best for growing, what nutes are best, what equipment is best, etc. When the truth is that there is no one best method just one method that's best for each individual. I've seen people posting grow threads to inspire people or to teach newcomers only to have their grows criticized and be treated like these people are newbs asking for help. I've seen people make socially oriented threads that go fine but then someone get's annoyed because they're not part of the group and they feel left out but rather then try to become a part of the group they try to attack the group or change the direction of the thread to satisfy their own views or agendas and not to be part of the group. You get enough of this sort of thing going on and people start saying, "You know what? I don't need this crap"

Alot too I think is just frustration and boredom. Some of the folks disappearing have been doing this thing and posting about it for years and after a while it all gets old. They don't need the site for the help. They've shared so much of their accomplishments that they don't really feel the need to do that any more and they've gotten to the point where they're tired of answering the same questions over and over.

Finally I think that part of it is that there is a relatively finite group of people interested in participating online in these sorts of sites. It seems like alot when you got them all coming to one place and them doing so stimulates activity because one post leads to another and so forth and so on. Then something happens and/or someone decides there's a better way to run things and a new site gets created and people start going there. This keeps happening until eventually you get these little pockets of people and there's just not enough activity to keep folks interested and/or to inspire or encourage other activity.

Guest CK.

I agree Joker, RL is much more interesting and rewarding than online banter. My posts have dwindled since OG and PG went away... and its for the better

Family and friends are the ones who need our intimate details, not strangers at canna sites. I have two nephews 15 and 13- and i wanna spend as much time as i can with them as they figure out what university theyre gonna attend and grow into manhood- Family IS really all that matters.

Sadly, for many cannafolks this is all they have. And im sure some enjoy hearin bout other ppls adventures, grows, family outings etc... Some are lonely, have no family, few friends and may not frequent sites like facebook, myspace ie. So mebbe we should continue to share a few experiences with everyone, might make someones day.

High HK! yeah the number of folks that are postin has been falling for awhile, and recent events have certainly helped extinguish what lil flame is left... i guess the division of the cannaworld is never gonna change now.

Im tired of it too, after OG went down it seems like a constant battle with trolls and idiots. Itll never end.

Spose ill jes keep growin, havin fun and the Hell with the BS.

peace friends CK

What its good for is some place to talk shop.

If I didnt have outlets like this with total strangers I might be itching to talk about my closet full of budding plants!.., in public.

Because we are doing somthing that is still illegal or close to it almost everywhere, we have to act and socialize like deviants, feared and shuned by polite society.

So we have this sick twisted webring of plant bondage freaks.

I socialize out there locally too, but none of those people know I even smoke pot. The thought of me growing it is the farthest thing on any of their minds. Im ordinary out there, plain as anyone in traffic, just another meat componant of a desk somwhere lost in lower middleclass suburbia.

If they only knew that 'by night' I change into that guy that grows pot so freakout good it'll melt your talking dog... If they had any Idea how utterly high I was all the time. That this mild mannared potato is actually a law violating supervillin. Over the years Ive encountered a few odd stoners locally. I can never tell them as they lay pasted to the couch stareing at the cieling listening to demons talk about their day while the walls breathe, that I grew that.

Oh its so tempting.

I learned real fast they show up like cats looking for a handout all the time. This isnt too bad of a problem all by itself but it draws attention to the place what the plants are growing.

First of all this is a growing site.It might well be sponsored by a breeder, but at no time has it been restricted to the seeds that he personally breeds. Any grower is welcome here to post any strains that they are growing and discuss these grows with anyone else.

I belong to several other grow sites myself as many of us do. We don't go to these sites to view mens or womens genitalia, animal feces, or anyother tasteless material. There are other sites out there for this. I realize there is a grow site out there where you can view this, and basicly post whatever piece of trash that you want to. This isn't that site. There are several members here who belonged to that site, and were growing rather tired of not only that trash but the content of the site itself, and the continaul termoil and bickering. Now if this is the type of material that interests you, then please don't let us hold you back from taking your account and going there to post on it.

Magician as far as our 20 year old moderator tell your friend that his post was out of line he showed much more maturity and intelligence than your "CLOSE" friend who was using a screen name of DickHead on a grow site. Then for his sensless avatar showing his magnified penis with even tiny arms and hand giving the finger. Yes maybe on that other site I mentioned this has something to do with growing and maybe someone would find it humorus but no one did here. The young and inexperienced 20 year old moderator did act in an adult manner, which is far more than what your 40 year old friend did, by making the thread invisible and warning your "CLOSE" friend about it.

Now as far as his avatar being removed I removed it, and I will continue to remove any piece of shit that he wants to post like that again. I'm sure the only reason he did it was because of him being so young at 40 years of age, and we all no that age has something to do with good taste and common sense. Now if your "CLOSE" friend doesn't want to post on this site because of his trash posting being removed. Thank goodness. And if there are any others out there that want to post trash if they want to find someplace else to post feel free to PM me and I will be happy to furnish you with a list of other site who might enjoy your tasteless humor there.

Good morning Kind Tokerz. I do have to say that I miss how busy OG used to be but I do appreciate this forum and the others where I can discuss growing and other aspects of life with other growers. Before OG I felt very isolated, I really could only discuss what is a very important aspect of my life with a very few people and unless they were growers as well they could not really relate to what was happening in my life. Now there are hundreds if not thousands of people I can talk to that know just what I'm talking about. The availibility of how to information is very cool as well, if that information had been available thirty years ago when I started growing it could have saved me alot of sweat and heartache, lol. Some of the sites seem to get a bit caught up in drama and some tolerate immaturity but there isn't a canna site that I've been to where there aren't some very cool people and very competent growers. All in all the sites have been an excellent outlet for me for a very secretive hobby, lol.

Enjoy the day stonerz, stay safe and thank you all for being there for me and for every other crazy fck who ever cracked a seed.

Hi all. Maverick, you didn't get my point. Try to express yourself in a foreign language and you will see...that's not that easy to express what you really want to say.

Just see what's happened.

And the guy just post first time, i think he's funny but don't speak english well.

You don't like it, and straight you delete everything without giving a chance to know the guy. Same thing with the guys posting pics of himself. How can you take all this so seriously?

And by the way i have a lot of respect for everyone in here. And i found the modos very kind as well.

But Guys i think you're not enough open minded. Why do you straight away erase everything from a guy who has made his first post in the hello section without sending him a pm to explain him why you've done so. YOU found it trash, but maybe there are members who will enjoy his humor. Don't you think about it?? Look the name of the site, OPENGROW. Damn, is this kind of behaviour OPEN???

I didn't want to make trouble with anyone posting in the coffeeshop...that was not my point at all, and take a look how you've attacked me like a mad barking dog. Why do you think that i've been giving my feedback on the site??? It was a way to show unexperimented growers, ok come on guys don't be afraid buying in here. The seeds are ok, the breeder is still passionated with what he is doing.

I'm firmly believe that i'm a decent person, even if i'm a longtime marijuana user :rolleyes: But i think the essence of a pot site...it's to each his own.

Peace

The magician

I'm firmly believe that i'm a decent person, even if i'm a longtime marijuana user

some of my best friend are longtime marijuana :rolleyes:

Hola!

I think most people migrated over to myplanetganja...

Not me. Never registered, never will. Not my kind of company. Found much better folk elsewhere (like here) and my threads at RIU are keeping me busy, which is a good thang I guess. http://www.rollitup.org/advanced-marijuana-cultivation/

I like to stay busy and man have I bit off more than I can chew -> My hard work, risk taking, patience and investments in my new "retirement" business is really taking off. Let's put it this way, where I live, my niche biz is gonna be huge. I've already been featured in the local newspaper and a magazine. :rolleyes: Aunt Benita and I toasted yesterday in the NOW finished store with gourmet cheese, champagne, etc.

Yo PFMJ, ya gotta plant some gourmet garlic. I took the little cloves and only planted the best ones, which are really taking off BTW. Now, I bit one of the little cloves in half to taste it and thought my head was gonna come off, in a good way! Man, is this stuff potent, pungent, and full of flavor. The crap you get in the store is mostly grown in China and is of very low quality.

Here's hoping everyone is safe, making money, and keeping the kids off drugs and out of discoteques. :)

Have a good week!

Tio

But Guys i think you're not enough open minded. Why do you straight away erase everything from a guy who has made his first post in the hello section without sending him a pm to explain him why you've done so. YOU found it trash, but maybe there are members who will enjoy his humor.

Cause it was stupid.

Don't you think about it?? Look the name of the site, OPENGROW. Damn, is this kind of behaviour OPEN???

You left something out - GROW, as in openGROW.

What is it that Maverick detailed/explained, in such detail I might add, that you don't understand? It's his house and if he thinks (childish) display of sex organs and such is trash, then so be it. I'm glad this site has some class people and decent standards as some of this stuff really dumbs down the site, and you know what sites I'm talking about. There's too much crap allowed on most cannabis sites. If you want porn, or trash, there's plenty of it all over the internet. Go fer it.....

UB

I'm glad this site has some class people and decent standards as some of this stuff really dumbs down the site, and you know what sites I'm talking about. There's too much crap allowed on most cannabis sites. If you want porn, or trash, there's plenty of it all over the internet. Go fer it.....

UB

Word. I think I remember you from PG, right UB? Whatever happened with that ****, I hear stuff went down. Informants....governments, all kinda drama?

Word. I think I remember you from PG, right UB? Whatever happened with that ****, I hear stuff went down. Informants....governments, all kinda drama?

If you heard that about PG then you heard a bunch of stories. The story told by the owner of the site, Gad, is that he had a silent partner that ripped off the server while he was on vacation. A story out there that some people believe, is that Gad grew apathetic about the site and where it was headed and just let it go. The place that went down behind Informants, governments and all kinds of drama was Overgrow.

Pssssttttt, where is everyone? Howdy from Tejas! Wanna share this ditty that really hits home about the state of the U.S. Economy regarding job losses, etc. Guess who's to blame? (no, it's not the businessman outsourcing jobs).

Make it a great day,

Tio

=====================================================================

BUSINESS OFFER

I'd like to make you a business offer. Seriously. This is a real offer. In fact, you really can't turn me down, as you'll come to understand in a moment...

Here's the deal. You're going to start a business or expand the one you've got now. It doesn't really matter what you do or what you're going to do. I'll partner with you no matter what business you're in – as long as it's legal. But I can't give you any capital – you have to come up with that on your own. I won't give you any labor – that's definitely up to you. What I will do, however, is demand you follow all sorts of rules about what products and services you can offer, how much (and how often) you pay your employees, and where and when you're allowed to operate your business. That's my role in the affair: to tell you what to do.

Now in return for my rules, I'm going to take roughly half of whatever you make in the business, each year. Half seems fair, doesn't it? I think so. Of course, that's half of your profits. You're also going to have to pay me about 12% of whatever you decide to pay your employees because you've got to cover my expenses for promulgating all of the rules about who you can employ, when, where, and how. Come on, you're my partner. It's only "fair."

Now... after you've put your hard-earned savings at risk to start this business and after you've worked hard at it for a few decades (paying me my 50% or a bit more along the way each year), you might decide you'd like to cash out – to finally live the good life.

Whether or not this is "fair" – some people never can afford to retire – is a different argument. As your partner, I'm happy for you to sell whenever you'd like... because our agreement says, if you sell, you have to pay me an additional 20% of whatever the capitalized value of the business is at that time.

I know... I know... you put up all the original capital. You took all the risks. You put in all of the labor. That's all true. But I've done my part, too. I've collected 50% of the profits each year. And I've always come up with more rules for you to follow each year. Therefore, I deserve another, final 20% slice of the business. Oh... and one more thing...

Even after you've sold the business and paid all of my fees... I'd recommend buying lots of life insurance. You see, even after you've been retired for years, when you die, you'll have to pay me 50% of whatever your estate is worth. After all, I've got lots of partners and not all of them are as successful as you and your family. We don't think it's "fair" for your kids to have such a big advantage. But if you buy enough life insurance, you can finance this expense for your children. All in all, if you're a very successful entrepreneur... if you're one of the rare, lucky, and hard-working people who can create a new company, employ lots of people, and satisfy the public... you'll end up paying me more than 75% of your income over your life. Thanks so much.

I'm sure you'll think my offer is reasonable and happily partner with me... but it doesn't really matter how you feel about it because if you ever try to stiff me – or cheat me on any of my fees or rules – I'll break down your door in the middle of the night, threaten you and your family with heavy, automatic weapons, and throw you in jail. That's how civil society is supposed to work, right? That's the offer Amerika gives its entrepreneurs. And the idiots in Washington wonder why there are no new jobs.