132 replies to this topic

#1 keesthemad

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
  • Interests:Science.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

Clepter mentioned testing vaporizers. It seems like a good idea as vaporizing is a method of dispensing that is more widely used now.
I encourage anyone that has a vaporizer to write a review about it. Sharing is the way to gain...

If you want to write a review,
Mention good points and bad points:

(example)
++It's heavy...
+Affordable
-The thing gets hot after a whole night of vaporizing
--"OMG IT'S PINK!"

Please add the following information:
-Brand/Type/Version
-Price
-Country (or store whatever you are comfortable with)
-Portable/Static
-Filters etc.
-How is it powered ?
-... Anything you like to mention.

Oh and PLEASE add a picture...

It's time to share people...

Kees.
Join the KTM fanclub

Notting wrong with potatoes.

#2 Guesswho?

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:24 PM

cool!
If it's oke with you i want to write a review over my Arizer V-Tower

#3 social_misfit

got ammo ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

View PostGuesswho?, on Oct 28 2009, 17:24, said:

cool!
If it's oke with you i want to write a review over my Arizer V-Tower

that would be great I have been looking at them for sometime but still smoke blunts

some are a little spendy so I would hate to waste my dough

peace

S_M
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November"

#4 dequelo

Plant Abuser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2570 posts
  • Interests:psychosurgery

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

that would be super I have been thinking about one also but the I hear people say how they love them or they hate them

but no real in between so I could learn a lot from a good report

be well and stay free

Dequelo
Bread, work, or lead!

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world."

https://www.opengrow...ot-inside-2015/

#5 ig skunk420

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

I have a Vapor Brothers (not hands free) and i cant complain about it one bit, except i wish i got the hands free one.

definitely my favorate way to smoke my buds...

hope that helps

skunk

#6 dequelo

Plant Abuser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2570 posts
  • Interests:psychosurgery

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:44 PM

Thanks Skunk I will have to check them out :) and it does help to hear what people are using and what they like or would have done differentlly

but from what I can tell most people that have them like they way they smoke

be safe and be well

dequelo
Bread, work, or lead!

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world."

https://www.opengrow...ot-inside-2015/

#7 Oxirous

Trying to stay in the "NOW"...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts
  • Interests:LIFE

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:12 AM

Hey guys just so you guys know vaping is not smoking.

Best Regards,

-O

View Postig skunk420, on Nov 1 2009, 12:13, said:

definitely my favorate way to smoke my buds...

skunk

View Postdequelo, on Nov 1 2009, 12:44, said:

but from what I can tell most people that have them like they way they smoke

dequelo

"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
-Thomas Paine

#8 Corwin

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:27 AM

I love my Iolite Vaporizer. It is selling for $250 retail $125 in the wholesale catalog if ya got a bud in the biz and if ya got sum budz ya should have a bud. :rolleyes:
The Iolite runs on butane and is fired up by pushing a button that creates a spark so no batteries to die. It holds about 4 puffs for me. The thing is hand held and kind looks like it should be there just can't figure out what it is. It is smoke free if you turn it off after about 4 puffs, if you keep going it will over heat and create smoke and smell. I use mine at the local bar, sit right up and order a cold one and enjoy. I always offer my barmaid
a puff after her shift so long as her bloke ain't around(remember to be stealthy).

Disadvantages are that it can over heat. It doesn't turn itself off and that could be hard to remember when you are stoned. You must wait for it to finish cycling after you turn it off, I would suggest keeping it out for 5 minutes or so before stashing it, don't wanna stick it in your jeans and burn anything!
Posted Image

#9 keesthemad

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
  • Interests:Science.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:21 AM

It's called "I Inhale" in Europe...
Posted Image

Kees.
Join the KTM fanclub

Notting wrong with potatoes.

#10 Clepter™

The Weed Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts
  • Interests:Invasive plants, sex, cannabis, drugs, weapons, technology, science, self-improvement, self-destruction, and loopholes.

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:35 AM

I'll do one on the vapolution...just need a few days to get remotivated.

http://www.vapolutionvaporizers.com/

#11 tomas

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:46 AM

View Postkeesthemad, on Nov 12 2009, 09:21, said:

It's called "I Inhale" in Europe...

Kees.

It was renamed to iOlite, also in Europe. I thought I-Inale sounded better, but I guess they got in trouble for it or something.

#12 Stoned Cold Dragon

Super Grower

• Ex-member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

used the vapors brothers old model, and personally though it worked i quickly went and rolled up a joint. too fuzzy to bother with .

maybe the new vapors brother with ceramic..... is better though.

IG SKUNK420
can u tell us the process that you go through to use the new one you have please & thx.

just from my recon i'll try the herbal aire (volcano style knock off that's simpler, $250) made in canada and just might spring for a van dampeer or another high quality glass vape when it's time to spend big $$$ for the ultimate vaperizor

#13 ig skunk420

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:50 PM

No problem at all SCD

i do have the Vapor Brothers with the ceramic heating element and as i think i said it is not hands free, so i turn it on to a little past 12 o'clock on the dial and let it warm up for about 2-3 minutes. load the whip till its a little more then half full then i let her rip, its a little bit of a process but it gets the job done and is personally my favorite way to enjoy my buds.

hope that helps

skunk

#14 hiwatt

Search Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2541 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:02 AM

Great topics before christmas, i'm thinking to offer me a simple Arizer V-tower.
Does anyone have review with this cheap vaporizer ? info is needed i you have.
Maybe i will wait later for an original Verdamper...

#15 AS Grow

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

High Guys,

Ever since we met Evert and his Verdamper on the first High Life Market we were smoked.

The first High Life Markets we visited only as smokers and the stand with Everts Verdampers was enough reason to embark on these ventures.

It would be many years later when we sat next to Evert for an entire afterparty at one the Cannabis Cups, and many samples of cupwinning weed later we decided to put this Verdamper on the must-get-wish-list.

We know of this Fries Cabinetmaker who makes incredible cases for the Verdamper and this close relation to Evert gave us this gift to celebrate the first born.

Posted Image

We know Evert has spend a lot of time investigating the best way to vaporize the Cannabis.
This translates into the best tasting experience we know.
Even when smoking an entire night and many different sorts, you can still taste the last one, like it was the first one.

Posted Image

It is stylish, but definately Homebase use only.
Unlike Evert, we don't have the casing from Basic Buildings (yet).
That's now on the wish-list, and would enable us to take it to meetings and places.

Posted Image

The best thing about it...
You don't have to smoke tabacco anymore.

Stats:
model : Reize De Luxe klein Compleet
price : 355 euro's
store : online Everts Shop
portable : yes
filters : some kind of metal filters
powered : 12 volt adaptor

Greets from BrabLab, Eindhoven,

AS Grow

#16 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3643 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:16 PM

Mention good points and bad points:

-Brand/Type/Version
Da Buddha Vaporizer

-Price
$150ish but going up Dec 15th to $190

-Country (or store whatever you are comfortable with)
America from Colorado. Some parts are created in China I think but not a cheap unsafe model.

-Portable/Static
This is a home/static unit, not really portable but I have heard of people using them in the car with an adapter. I only recommend for home use.

-Filters etc.
You can get an adapter and use with a bong if you want though if you are really into using the bong I would recommend looking in the a wand vaporizer such as the vrip, verdamper and herborizer vaporizers.

-How is it powered ?

Wall plug, they can make for 120v or 220v. It is an analog vape not a digital.

I absolutely love the DBV but I also recommend Warez 3 or 4g and the Vapor Bros which are very similar in performance. You can do large size bowls or small size but the smaller size bowls are not as satisfying but will get you where you want to be. If you use little amounts I recommend the Purple Days and Myrtylezap vaporizers as they specialize in using small amounts but their are trade offs. A regular sized bowl is like the energizer bunny, it just keeps going and going.

The DBV, Da buddha vaporizer along with most box vapes will create what is called wand hash. This is essentially condensed THC and can be scraped from the wand and the tubing but can also be reclaimed through other means but I prefer to scrape it out, very easy and this can be used just like kief. If you use a grinder with a kief catcher you can pretty much always have a nice stash of wand hash and/or kief as you use one the other builds up.

All vapes create ABV, the stuff left over, which often still has some value. I make a tincture out of mine but you can cook with it to smoking it though smoking it is beyond nasty. The quality varies depending on how well you vape your stuff.

With the DBV and all hands free wand vapes I recommend that you put a mouse pad in front of the vape when learning to use it so if you accidentally pull it out it can land on the mouse pad and not risk cracking so much. This is only an issue with new people and when breaking in a new tube as the tubing can be a bit stiff at first. Also be careful to not breath into the wand, typical among new users as it will blow your weed into the heating element causing combustion. It wont hurt anything other than waste a bowl.

It also comes in black.
Posted Image

I speak pretty regularly on vaporizers and recommend reviewing these two videos if need some basic information about them, im not some kind scientist or anything just a vapist:
General Vaporizer Information: http://www.marijuana...om/index.php?op … ideo_id=33
Vaporizers 101:

Hope that helped.
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#17 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5456 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:45 PM

Hallo,

because i finally wan´t to quit smocking(allready tryed it few times... ;) ),i decide to get me a Vaporizer.
while a good friend spending 2 week abroad,so he left his Vapo to me for testing it during his hollyday-time.
....and i have to say,i´m convinced! i´m gonna buying my own Vapo.... :)

TYPE /VERSION :
- Volcano classic (analog)
Posted Image

PRICE :
- complete set ~ 380 € new (this one i got here for testing is from ebay ,used ~250€ )

- made in Germany /Baden-Würtemberg by Storz & Bickel

PURPOSE :
- static Vaporizer,not for mobile use

POWER SOURCE :
- wall plug 220V
Posted Image

The Vulcano is the first Vaporizer i used till now,so i don´t know others(except a mobile,little Pen-like Pocket Vap,used with a lighter).
The heating time takes 5-6 minutes,and the Bag fills up with steam in 0,5 - 1 minute,depends to its size. The advantage is the Reservoir-Bag ,so you got enough time to inhale,much better than a Vapo with "directly-inhaling pipe",i.m.o. You can choose yourself it´s size,because they use "Toppits-Roasting Tubes" !
Easy handling and cleaning,working still great after 5-7? years,sometimes you have to change the sives or the Bag.

Really good Quality! i would recommend the Vulcano,but the prize(380€)seems to high,i.m.o.

Posted Image

:no

greets saxo

#18 lowrider

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Cannabis, gardening, computers and running.

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:00 AM

Vapaorisers is definetly a new modern way of healthy smoking, still joints win.
Below is a homemade vaporiser, using basic household goods.

Pros
Its cheap
It works
Its easy to fix
It does not use electricity
It heats fast
It comes with a vapor stand
You can heat it with almost any flame
its a focal point in any room/party

Cons
The globe breaks easy
You look like an advanced crack addict when smoking
It takes time to make, easier to roll a joint.

Please add the following information:
-Brand/Type/Version: A boer make a plan v.12
-Price: A few bucks
-Portable/Static: Fairly portable
-Filters etc: Comes with a stand and heating flame.
-How is it powered ? Flame

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#19 Mr Green

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

i have a volcano classic which is very good. gets you high as fuck and doesnt make you tired.
downside is its expensive!
also its a bitch to clean the mouthpiece. and when youre lazy like me and dont clean it regularly then you will get stuff into your balloon. if the volcano had an additional water filter it would be perfect!

i also had a iolite but IMO it sucked. didnt get me high. i tried it on some lightweight stoners and they didnt notice much effects either.
since other ppl seem to be happy with it im thinking maybe it was a production error on the early units or sth. i bought it right when it came up.
since i wasnt happy with it i sold it off again.

im liking the verdamper since it has a water cooling. i think this one should be the perfect vaporizer. but its so fucking expensive too!
maybe i will get one in the future.

but i also have to say while i had perios where ivaped only, nowadays its back to smoking joints mainly.
because nothing beats chilling on the balcony and smoking a fat joint. the volcano is not so chill you have to run inside, refill the bag etc.

#20 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3643 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

Lots of good quality vaporizers out their today. I am not a fan of lightbulb vapes when it comes to introducing people to vaping as it is not the most user friendly and if done wrong can give a false impression of vaping and some light bulbs have an internal coating that is not healthy.

For quality info on vapes check out www.fuckcombustion.com
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!