Reviews: Vaporizers

117 replies to this topic

#101 Shoeless

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:30 AM

I have been using an Enano from Epic Vape with a bubbler and I can't see going back to combustion. I find it extremely efficient and the volume of my usage has gone down considerably. A low temp hit is so flavorful, the lemon, grape, berry, pine, whatever really shines through. The taste diminishes after a few hits, but the effects are there in spades. Turn the dial up a bit, stir and repeat until the load is a nice cocoa brown. The biggest comment I get is that they don't feel like they are getting anything and then they are :blink:. Mentioned above, fuckcombustion can provide a wealth of information.
And, the ABV makes for some nice sleepytime meds. A tablespoon heated in milk and high fat cocoa is a nice evening cocktail.
Shoeless

#102 Bevape

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:12 AM

One more + on Fuck Combustion forum, it is IMO much better source for infos and comparison than common "website review". The critics are more honest from a multi-user experience which bought the vapes themselves than a blogger who got some vapes for free. There is no best vapes and any cannabis afficionado deserve proper tools for suited needs. This can be a long way of research and trials, like growing I would say...

Personally I understand the people who have a hard time quitting smoking. Before I tried my conversion, I have read a lot and I mean really a lot of return on experiences. All this led me to that fact : I had to stop smoking for a few days to give a real chance to vapor and I'm glad I did follown those advices today !
Maybe that was easier for me since I've never (or almost) smoke tobacco on it's own, but I was smoking spliffs and sometime getting tired of it.

After 1 week giving chance to vapor I couldn't handle the taste of spliff or even a pure joint. I stopped smoking +2.5 years ago and even my own weed I can't taste it if burned. The switch was done in 1 week for me but of course I had some days when it was harder, mainly getting used with the new ritual/routine and the new kind of effects. I agree the effect are much more different vs smoking but also I will add that every vaporizer deliver different effect as well !
Some are really "1 hitter" style and you can get all your tiny load done in 1 puff to have a full coverage.. or dial it down and sipp' for more flavor and "clear head" effects. Having tried and buyed different vapes considering my needs really helped me, thus why FC is such an amazing tool and community !

If I smoke now it is unless I have no other choices and I can count it how much it happen in a year : I feel the weed is wasted that way. Of course I'll get some kind of "slapping" effect, but I find it won't last that long and the awfull feeling in the throat makes me guilty of having smoke getting in.

Vape on !

#103 BalzaSteel

Dazed 'n' Confused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3656 posts
  • Interests:Grokking

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

Magic Flight Power adapter for Launch Box:

got tired of buying batteries and ordered a Power Adapter form Vape world Tuesday for $105 CAD, it arrived today in sturdy and discrete packaging.

here's a few pics of whats in the box.

Posted Image

here's all the pieces, PA, 120 wall adapter and cigarette lighter plug, don't really approve of the last, seems to promote impaired driving.
Posted Image

and plugged into my Launch Box

Posted Image

I thought these were pretty cool

Posted Image

I've only vaped one trench with it but I'm allready impressed, much better draws than batteries even at 50%, I can see how they get those big clouds of vapor out of the launch box now.

I thought it was a bit overpriced, but it's well made, works very well, and caries a lifetime warranty so I suppose it's worth the cost.

I do think the adjustment wheel is a bit flimsy, seems odd to make the unit out of wood and then use a plastic thumb wheel to adjust power level.

over all I give it two thumbs up

Stay Safe

BalzOut
"Evil wears every possible mitten"

JUST SAY NO To Strain Name Acronyms

HOW TO UPLOAD PICTURES, scroll down to post #12

The NutHouse (grow journal)

#104 Nightmara

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:music,skate,ski, snowboard and fast n fly sativas

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:59 AM

I got mighty by storz & bickel and I'm loving it wouldn't go back to combustion ever. It is expensive but totally worth the money if you are smoking alot.
I had magic flight launch box earlier but I didn't use it cause it burned the material easy.
I love it how you can seriously taste da weed in vaporizer.

#105 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3596 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

I have the beta of magic flight and some version from a few years or whatnot. I could send in my version and get the newer one but I dont use it anyways. When magicflight came out there were not too many options in the vaping world for portables. Today their are better options but it is not a piece of crap and has a place for many people but it can take bit to get used to how to use it.

I like the company and from their beginning they have been very good people.

I have heard good thing about the storz & bickel.
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#106 islayhearts

Sir Chunks A Lot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:56 PM

View PostNightmara, on 01 August 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

I got mighty by storz & bickel and I'm loving it wouldn't go back to combustion ever. It is expensive but totally worth the money if you are smoking alot.
I had magic flight launch box earlier but I didn't use it cause it burned the material easy.
I love it how you can seriously taste da weed in vaporizer.

I have a crafty and really like it. Hits very well with large clouds, really enjoy the temp controls and the fact that you can do hash and oils in it also. They are very pricey though.

#107 Guest_Soi_*

• Guests

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:25 PM

eat sleep pray
i stopped smoking
now a patch thc, boom

#108 Trichohisme LTD

~420photography changer trichomeheads cell shooting~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:47 AM

In my eyes there is no best one just the one somebody like most.
Right now i really like the Mighty for outdoors.
Posted Image

Inside of a Vulcano.
Posted Image

My ulitmate vap sNOb in combi with De Verdamper.
Posted Image

The ones my self never did like.. there where just no for me to use (Is 100% personal).
Posted Image

I don`t believe any more in a best vap or what those mag screaming these days.
There forgetting one big thing the people that use them LOL.

THU..

420photography is not something you do it is a freaking way of life get with the program or just try harder!!!!
What the best camera? the one you having! i shoot with a canon 70d / 550d and 100mm tokina / 180mm macro canon lens.
No!!!! i don`t reply on gear thing only techniques and styles.

#109 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3596 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

Best is subjective. Some like bags, some direct draw, some assisted air. Whichever gets someone where they want to be will be the best for them.
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#110 Misterdirt

Aimless Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8194 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR Heart Racing

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:03 AM

I agree that what's best is subjective, but reviews can help people separate good from bullshit. Cheap or expensive, don't buy blind. Even cheap ones are expensive if you end up putting it aside and buy a different one.
Place no head above your own.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#111 blue velvet

shipment made it 😊

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Growing,golfing,photography,fishing and fabricating.

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:00 PM

Vaporizers are cool if you don't want to smell. I love the smells fresh and burnt. I recently sold my volcano cause I never used it. If I had a small one for the outdoors I would probably like it. Is that what the mighty is?

#112 starinhazy

Trapped in time and I don't know what to do

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2251 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, growing, learning, enjoying life, Concentrates, Seeds/genetics, hydroponics, organics, composting, Phish, Twiddle, Grateful Dead, Widespread Panic

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:52 AM

@Bluevelvet - Yes the Mighty is the "portable" volcano brand unit. Its got some girth to it for a portable, but is getting great reviews.

I just got a Pax 2 and I am really liking the simplistic design and tiny form factor. Not sure yet if everything is getting cooked tho as the ABV comes up much tanner than the Davinci Ascent or my hotbox. Getting some good clouds and decent time on it tho, so not complaining.

Overall, I like the difference of vaping, but it has not broken me of my need to combust some. Maybe its just me. Maybe I need to try a volcano to be completely sold on the vapin. IDK.
Sanity never came my way....
You'll never get out of this maze...
Relax and Dream...
oH Hi!...:)

#113 MikeBlazer

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:54 AM

What vaporizer do people recommend? I have had some really poor expierences myself.

#114 Silas&Jamal

Cannabella Breeder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:growing/breeding cannabis strains, growing in coco coir, vaporizer/smoke tools, edibles/tinctures, medical use

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hi Vapers
My favorite so far is the Vapocane because i am a bong smoker and it delivers fast and dense flavourfull hits (when you put the flame in the hole)
All the others i use randomly. :whistle:
Posted Image

Happy vapin OG

#115 just.blaze

Grower & Cannasseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Python, Mordheim, Growing & Smoking High Quality Cannabis.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:30 PM

Was always wondering about the vapocane... good to know.

#116 BagWell

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

i really am liking my Aspire odyssey being its seperate battery for safety can control burn temps which is a must when vaping oils i used to use pens but they only last so long i can adjust amounts of air to product inhaling watts from 1 to 50 watts so a person can really fine tune there units as per medium used
once you get one of these you will never need another with all the bells n whistles i presently run coils that max out @ 40 watts and the capable of firing atmoizers from 0.1 ohm to 3.0 ohm

https://www.vapes.co...s-triton-2-mini

#117 Nightmara

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:music,skate,ski, snowboard and fast n fly sativas

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:03 PM

HEllo all! I bought my first mighty 1,5 yuears ago and it was replaced once but I really treated it bad so yeah.. but it was alright they gave me completely new unit for free and it's v 2.0.. I had to modify the bong mod I ordered but now it is ready and I'm completely stoked. That is chinese bubbler btw from dhgate sunshinestore they have decent products :)

Posted Image

#118 medipuffs

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

Vriptech vaporizer is one of the best things i have ever spent money on. period. end of story. :)