Reviews: Vaporizers

132 replies to this topic

#121 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3643 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:51 AM

The vrip and veerdamper inspired the below. I knew some of the people who made this but I no longer work in this industry. They are all about quality and pride in their workmanship. I remember when they almost went under early due to prototype costs to get it right before their ever was a product outside of beta tests.

https://www.vapexhal...ions/vaporizers

However, if your not into vaporizing, I would not recommend as it will be a expensive weight if impulse buy and your not that into vaping but for those who enjoy vaping. I am not sure it gets any better.

I did know these guys but I do not mention for any other reason than merit to the discussion and suggest due to that.

Video from the monkey himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m6LzX9pT0s
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#122 JetDro

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:59 AM

I have a brand new(used 3 hits) PAX2 for sale if anyone is interested. Vaping is NOT for me. Ill make a good deal.

#123 BalzaSteel

Dazed 'n' Confused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3801 posts
  • Interests:Grokking

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:24 AM

yeah, I've got about $700 invested in vapes, I use my wooden pipes pretty much exclusively for weed and the stove burner for concentrates, but the whip from my Vtower does make a kickass tube for dabbing off the stove so it wasn't a total waste of money.

Stay Safe

BalzOut
"Evil wears every possible mitten"

JUST SAY NO To Strain Name Acronyms

HOW TO UPLOAD PICTURES, scroll down to post #12

The NutHouse (grow journal)

#124 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8472 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR Heart Racing

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

View PostJetDro, on 08 February 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

I have a brand new(used 3 hits) PAX2 for sale if anyone is interested. Vaping is NOT for me. Ill make a good deal.

I have two good vapes that I haven't used in over a year, so I guess vaping isn't for me, either.

I think it was Scone of arc who put it best -- either all pre-amp and no amp, or all treble and no bass.

Regardless, if a non-smoker you know ever has to go through the nausea of chemo, give them your Pax. We got one for a family member. She said a couple of hits of any decent weed (indica or sativa) knocked out the nausea instantly.
Place no head above your own.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#125 JetDro

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

View PostMisterdirt, on 08 February 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

I have two good vapes that I haven't used in over a year, so I guess vaping isn't for me, either.

I think it was Scone of arc who put it best -- either all pre-amp and no amp, or all treble and no bass.

Regardless, if a non-smoker you know ever has to go through the nausea of chemo, give them your Pax. We got one for a family member. She said a couple of hits of any decent weed (indica or sativa) knocked out the nausea instantly.

YeaH iM stuck with it .............................i will trade it off for something.......................'cause I aint gonna use it................

#126 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:45 PM

https://arizer.com/extreme-q/

I loved the extreme q when I first started vaping, really high quality piece. I had it on my bedside table for middle of the night. It was a life saver for me. I first looked into because it delivers more cannabinoids then smoking. I like I don't smell like bong water lol. I dont' vape anymore though, I eat so much of this I really feed the heck of my endo system.
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.

#127 neogitus

Learning Grower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:32 AM

I loved the Extreme Q when I had it also lol. I actually somehow ended up with 3 at one point. They've all gone off to better homes now with happy owners.

Years ago I was an extremely heavy smoker through bong (half oz a day when nothing to do) and was coughing up nasty tar crap every morning. That's when I looked into vaping for the second time, as I had tried those old globes years ago but they did nothing. First vape I bought was the extreme q, it worked well for awhile got me a nice buzz and tasted much better than a bong rip. After smoking that thing every day for over a year it went from one bowl, two bowl to constantly smoking and still not being high enough (bag filled too slow) I needed something new.

My second vape I got was also by Arizer, the Solo. This one was portable and basically looked similar to a pop can with a glass tube that came out of it. It worked well but I didn't really like how much drag it had, it was like trying to drink a really thick milkshake through a thin straw. After awhile I figured out I could turn this thing upside down and wrap a few o rings around the glass mouthpiece, so id stick it in the downstem of a clean 14mm bong and it'd create a seal giving me pretty nice bong-vape rips.

After using the solo for quite some time, it got to the point where that, too was too slow. The extreme q had reduced my bong rip consumption but not eliminated it, and the solo even further, but I still felt the need to take a huge bong rip when I wanted a strong high. You can only get so much of a buzz smoking 0.1 - 0.2 gram bowls that take many hits to clear.

The vape I use now is called sublimator, its basically a piece of stainless steel/ titanium that you attach to you bong, it comes in two pieces, one is called the atomizer, where it is shaped similar to a bowl, and that is where you put a screen and your weed. The other part is the heater, its machined to fit perfectly into the atomizer. You turn it on and wait a good while for it to heat up, put some weed in and take a hit through your bong. I don't know the exact science behind it but its supposed to create some sort of vacuum pressure where the weed is at, and it vapes the bowl in one hit, instead of like 5-10 with other vapes. I haven't smoked a bong in years because of this thing, although it isn't for everyone. https://sublimator.ca/

Pros: Gets you extremely high, almost like taking a dab, with only 0.1 - 0.2 flower
Tastes great, you get everything in one big hit so no burnt popcorn tasting hits
attaches to bongs, so if you already own some, you don't have to let them collect dust.
Can dab off it on a different temp.
drips reclaim like crazy , some people use for edibles.

Cons.
extremely expensive for what it is
takes a long time to heat up, 20+ min
is confined to indoors
has burn risk to clumsy people

Id say this thing is for heavy smokers that are at least at home some of the time. Its not something that really makes sense to turn on wait 20 mins, to take one hit and then turn it off, I have had this thing more on than off in the past 2 years and it has performed well, I haven't smoked a bong rip since.

#128 Gimme5minutes

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:I've lost interest in everything.

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

This my latest vaporizer, I really like it.

Posted Image

G-Pen Elite

A little bit of weight but not heavy, its not flimsy and is well balanced. I‘m gonna guess about 4 inches long and an inch around. Looks kind of cool. I’ve had it for about three months and use it every couple of days.

First off, I got it on sale and really cheap; about $50 delivered. They can run you three times that price so it pays to shop around. This is the second vaporizer I’ve owned. My first was a tabletop model with a whip that kept ending up on the floor.

The G-Pen Elite is a portable unit about the size of a magic marker, it has a handy and accurate LED display that reads in both Celsius and Fahrenheit. The battery takes maybe an hour to charge up and holds its charge for several days if you don’t use it. I usually get about 4 or 5 uses before I end up recharging it. It comfortably fits in most pockets and I’ll often have it on me for days at a time.

The vaporizer takes about a minute and a half to heat up and shuts off automatically after five minutes. It gets hot but never at the point where it burns the lips, there’s rubber in all the right places. It has a pretty big bud chamber and its all ceramic. If I really jam pack the chamber it holds roughly half the amount of bud that would go into a small joint.

It was really easy to just pick up start using it, its well designed. Using it is a little like inhaling through a kazoo. The vape is very passive and smooth, it doesn’t feel like you’re inhaling anything until the moment it hits you between the eyes. On lower temperature settings the bud is extremely flavourful but it takes a minute for enough vapour to become significant. On higher settings the vapour clouds become dense quickly but impairs the taste. For me I find around 186 degrees Celsius is good balance of taste and cloud density.

On a personal note I seem to get a lot higher when I vape my weed. Its the most effective way of using pot to get high fast. Its not nearly as satisfying as smoking but I get much higher on the same bud if I vaporize it and I use considerably less than I would if I smoked it. To boot, I smoke all the vaporized weed anyway, it still carries a slight kick and flavour is alright.

#129 Willow.Beach

Learning Grower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:32 AM

Accidentally put pax two in the washing machine and broke it lol

Enjoyed it though best time and place to vape is in the sunlight with still air can really see the vapor

#130 Silas&Jamal

Cannabella S.C. Breeder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:growing/breeding cannabis strains, growing in coco coir, vaporizer/smoke tools, edibles/tinctures, medical use

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

At the moment the pax3 is my favorite portable-vaporizer followed by the mighty...(first place is my lifesaber vaporizer but thats a corded one) both are very good and reliable units.
both work with concentrates which is a big plus for me because i discoverd low temp dabbing which is awesome with a quarzbanger.
with the banger you only vaporize your concentrate the taste is wonderful and it bangs lol ��
also jet-lighter vapes (daisy, vapocane, dlx ) are very nice for quick hits here and there much like a bong.

i love to vape the taste is awesome but from time to time i need a spliff...or two....then i realize how good vaping tastes ;)

#131 steve

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

is "evolve plus" a good product ? (for dabbing)

#132 Gardener

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

I have been using the original Pax for about three years now. I am on my second one. There was a period where I was in extreme pain for a couple of years, and i just plain wore the battery out. I sent it in to them this past summer. It took them about six weeks, but I got a warranty replacement. I would prefer a ceramic oven. This one is metal.

Easy enough to clean, but you have to stay on it to keep it from gumming up.

Very discreet way to vape in public.

#133 BeachBud

Well Infused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2548 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Old Cars, Computers and Growing Good Weed.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

Arizer Solo Review

I have been using an Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer for more than 5 years and have been more than happy with it. When I decided I wanted something more portable I thought I should see what Arizer had to offer.

My main desire was battery life and vapor quality, not really concerned with stealth. I've tried some pen type vapes and was unimpressed, they usually burned the bud and held only 2-3 hits per load. I considered the Arizer Air but thought it too small and battery life didn't impress me. Then I looked at the Solo and thought this is more like it. After reading a ton of reviews I decided to give the Solo a try and after a couple weeks use I'm very glad I did. Here's what I found.

Construction: The Arizer Solo is about 4.5" tall and 1.75" in diameter. It feels substantial in you hand but is not heavy. The fit and finish of the unit is very good. I chose the silver version and it is a high quality metal looking paint that seems durable. It comes with 2 high quality glass tubes, one bent and one straight.

Operation: The Solo is unique in the way you load it. It uses removable glass tubes that have a compartment formed in one end with small holes so you can draw through it. Simple push this tube into ground bud until the end is packed and then slip it into the top of the Solo. Once loaded you turn the unit one and set the desired temperature level. There are 7 heat levels to choose from starting at 122 degrees up to 410 degrees. I've found level 3 (374 degrees) and 4 (384 degrees) depending on the bud to be good for me.

It takes about a minute for the unit to heat up to temperature and another 45 seconds to 1 minute for the bud to get preheated. I get good vapor with the first pull and even better vapor with the next ones. An average load gives 4-5 good healthy draws which is sometimes 1 more than I need. It has a 12 minute automatic timer that works out about right for most sessions. After the 2 minute warm up I have 10 minutes to take 4-5 hits before it beeps and shuts off. I have found myself on more than one occasion hearing a beep and realizing I'm holding the still loaded vape as I zoned out. :huh:

How it vapes: In a word, excellent. I was really impressed the first time I fired it up and toked away. I loaded it with Phuuu's IPA for the maiden voyage and set the temp at level 3 - 374 degrees. The first pull to the last had incredible flavor, I could distinguish different flavors in each draw. This is why I really enjoy vaping. It is just not possible to get the same flavor with combustion. It does require a bit of effort to draw but not too bad. Long slow draws produce the best vapor and flavor. I get 4 good draws consistently and sometimes 5 if I packed it well.

Battery Life: I use this all day (about 7 or 8 sessions) on one charge and there are still a couple sessions left in it. This is what I was looking for and I'm very pleased that this vape does it easily. It takes less than 3 hours to charge it from fully depleted. You can also use it when it is charging. One small draw back is that it is not usb charging capable so you need access to an electric outlet.

Cleaning: Perhaps the best part about this vape is how easy it is to clean. Because of the design the only part that needs to be cleaned is the glass draw tube. After a couple days use I put it in an old pill bottle filled with alcohol and let it sit overnight. The next day it takes maybe 2 minutes to swab out the tube with a q-tip and it's good to go. That's it.

All in all I'm very happy with the Arizer Solo and recommend it highly. For those on a budget you may find the best price here.

#NOTMYPRESIDENT