•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

dequelo

My Next Grow Thread from seed to weed :)

honestly thought U had to get the same wattage for the bulb, and if the ballast was higher I thought it would blow it up

and honestly in a dimmable ballast you still will :grinning_respect: they let you run a higher watt bulb at a lower wattage a 600 at 360 , a 400 at 250

you can adjust the wattage on these ballast you are not really dimming anything you are change the wattage of the ballast

Also me being soil grower with small space reading about smaller pots and using other nutriants seems an idea too

I am a soilless grower which is much different then soil I see folk growing in what they would call organic soil

and them add all kinds of potions and lotions when they water

if it so organic soil (complete soil) why do you need to do that ? the one person I have seen over the years that has a good mix

is Subcool you can grow in his mix from start to finish and just water your plants

that is the idea of organic the soil is complete and living with everything your plant needs

that is why I use soilless because I can add or not add whatever I want when I want thru watering

I use lots of perlite and vermiculite and I just look at as hydro in soilless

the nutes are different but not that much

sometime it is not what you give your plant but what you don't

good to see you and be safe

Dequelo

You can get crazy yields from small pots with hydro nutes.

yes you can I am posting with some cash croppers that are growing in one gallon milk jugs

with striaght perlite under 600 watter that are doing close to 3 grams a watt with a very little veg

run after run after with Flora Nova it is just unreal

I am looking for buckets right now I think the Hempy buckets are the way I am going to go

the table is just not for me I am a hand waterer as that is what I like to do

But Pbp and budswel gives the best tasting buds

I just bought their test kit to try on a bucket , some CSN17 for hydro and Teraponics Gro/Bloom Aqua

I have three bucket so I will give this a try they are all a complete one part mix and the terraponic is dry

after a run I will know what I like and for me that is what works

That dimmable ballast sounds like the way to go.

J. these are the future .....I just cannot say how much I like these I was running a 600 watt converison bulb

in a 400 at 250 watts it is too cool

all the best my friend

The top soil should contain most trace elements/nutes the plants need... The medium would help keep the medium/base loose enough for drainage, and help with root development...

that may just work my friend :grinning_respect: I water with a complete fertilizer that has trace minerals

good to see you my friend be sure to stop back

I got some photos to up of the AIs

peace and be well

I want to see what kind of monsters those topped babies are going to be!

Hey there JL good to see you I hope all is well :j

be sure to stop back these will be some beasts I just showed my babies some tough love last night :D

all the best and stay free

I have photo I just need to upload them to do an update

I will right back

Peace

Dequelo

had to split my post in half to many quote :D

your grow thread is very informative and entertaining dequelo.i am really enjoying it what kind of perlite are you going to use for your hempy bucket?i know they have different grades of it.from real small chunks to real coarse

your grow thread is very informative and entertaining dequelo.

thank you Mr.GT for the kind words, I hope that it will help a new grower on their way to smoking the worlds best weed

their own :grinning_respect:

the info is good because you all add to it and that is how we all learn to be better growers

that is also why I do it all in front of everyone so if there is a question people can ask and also

so people can see the results, no slight of hand

i am really enjoying

that make me happy because growing for me is fun if it wasn't I wouldn't be doing it or would need to be paid

I have a job that isn't that fun but they pay me well so I do it

i am really enjoying it what kind of perlite are you going to use for your hempy bucket?

I am going with the super course for the perlite and vermiculite , more then likely I will only use 25% of the vermiculite

to 75% perlite so it holds a little less water for a short period of time

in two or 2 1/2 gallon pails 5 gallon is insane if you are not growing treez

thanks for stopping by and I got about 10 more photos to up then an update

peace and be safe

Dequelo

That dimmable ballast sounds like the way to go. Once business picks up , I think I'll be getting one.

HD: I've grown in a 3 part potting mix for a while... 1/3 perlite, 1/3 vermiculite and 1/3 worm castings or foxfarm soil. At first , you need very little nutes on the clones or seedlings. But then the soil is "spent" and basically becomes soil less. That being said, that mix has a bit more of a buffer for mistakes. I'm running a Botanicare soil mix right now which is basically the same as the mix I make. A bale of pro mix was Way more than I needed for my needs, so I got that mix which was like soil less with a little extra.

You can get crazy yields from small pots with hydro nutes. But Pbp and budswel gives the best tasting buds.

@ Joker- what do you mean by using smaller pots, hydro nutes and crazy yields?????? It sounds excellent i must know more....in detail please and thanks.

Ok time for a mid week update

most of the plants will be 4 weeks old this weekend some are 3 days and some are 5 days younger

but that works for me I will put them all in flower in about four more weeks (mid March) for a mid April harvest

the males I will more then likely pull and get rid of no beans this run :grinning_respect:

here what I have going on my hempy bucket or hempy clorox jugs are doing well

that is why I will go with 2 or 2/12 gallon pails because I have been watching some grows that growers are doing

in 1 gallon milk jug in just perlite with killer growth and huge plants for the size of the jug

no need for five gallon buckets. so here my hempy and remember just last Sunday I was going to throw them out :j

gallery_164_1217_41045.jpg

on Sunday when they got moved to the hempy jug

gallery_164_1217_37046.jpg

today I am sold on the growth it is carzy

gallery_164_1156_78487.jpg

they looked like this about 6 days before the transplant and were on their way out the door

some more of the hempys

gallery_164_1217_58615.jpg

gallery_164_1217_16653.jpg

gallery_164_1217_20920.jpg

they are doing good for being feed with soil fertilizer with no meter and water out of the tap

the guy I bought my meter from thought he would save me a couple of bucks and sent it to me by pony express

so some time next week I will know what I am giving them

I am using it a 1/3 strength so it is good for now

gallery_164_1217_48390.jpg

gallery_164_1217_9044.jpg

but of course they will need some HSTraining to get them into shape

I am going to do another post as I have a lot more photos

more to come :D

so the other plants that got a haircut the other day are coming back or should say were coming back

well they needed to be trimmed a bit more so out came the scissors and Dequelo showed his babies some love :D

gallery_164_1217_115828.jpg

and the little darlings are coming back oh so nice

gallery_164_1217_5355.jpg

gallery_164_1217_145980.jpg

the AI it doesn't have a close of a internode space but we will be fixing that over time

gallery_164_1217_58984.jpg

gallery_164_1217_5107.jpg

gallery_164_1217_232733.jpg

the ( JB x BK) x GDP looks to be a winner grows well , nice fat leaves and real tight nodes

because i don't want to have to split this post I will end now as I want the next

post to be together

more to come :grinning_respect: :j :D

OK before you say this is not the way to grow the weed let me say this

this is the way I grow the weed because I like what I get :grinning_respect:

gallery_164_1217_27117.jpg

nice little plant just about four weeks old four main growing shoots

most folk would be over joyed with this plant

I am not most folks so it still needs some love :j

gallery_164_1217_167233.jpg

after some trimming I need to remove some leaves now so the dormant lateral buds will start to grow so I can cut

them again to get about 8 growing tips to grow buds on

gallery_164_1217_32737.jpg

not the best photo but you still get the point I think

gallery_164_1217_11695.jpg

another feels the love

gallery_164_1217_55022.jpg

I just love this GDP cross if it smoke a well as it grows I may just grow this for the rest of my life

gallery_164_1217_43506.jpg

I hope that I don't stress them out too much and they all become males

gallery_164_1217_106883.jpg

next grow I am going to use colored plant tags so I can keep them striaght as to which one is which

gallery_164_1217_84426.jpg

look at that new growth just waiting to take off why would I want it to lay dormant and not grow

if I ever feel like working and do a ScrOG I would cut one to get about 10 or so growing tips and

fill a screen with one plant

but I am a little lazy to do all that work , but I am going to do a SOG in perlite just to see what type

of numbers I can do with a 600 watter

I was working under that sungro reflector with a 400 running at 250 watts for a week then at 275 now I am running a 600 watter at 360 with a

600 watt MH converison bulb

gallery_164_1217_118196.jpg

one more but I am sure you all get the idea

gallery_164_1217_144612.jpg

now I show you the other one they are older and were opened up a little differently

they are drinking water fast so we are starting get rootz I pop them out of the pot in the

next couple of days and up can then some time next week

gallery_164_1217_15766.jpg

gallery_164_1217_60222.jpg

gallery_164_1217_106740.jpg

I hope I have not caused any of you too much pain but remember I told you in the beginning of this

it might be like this :D

gallery_164_1217_7668.jpg

gallery_164_1217_107615.jpg

gallery_164_1217_50926.jpg

in 7 or 8 weeks we will be looking at the start of some big fat sticky buds and we will able to put

this horror behind us

remember Plant Abuser has nothing to do with use :j :D

all the very best and pray for my babies

Dequelo

Hey Deq,

No need to pray for those babies, a good pruning is always a good thing when timed correctly as you have always done in IMHO.

When I decided to run a perpetual set up, I could not manage it with out hacking them at times. If my youngins are to rowdy, with growth spurts, betwen the scissors, and a good root prune, reduce or increase nutes strengths, I can manipulate them much better.

Years ago when I first saw your 4-5 colum plants, I thought, u'mmmmm thats way cool.

Time management, and timeing control, juggle some nutes and flushes, and damn it if it dont work great, keeping a perpetual running better!!

Take care deq!!

Hey there my friend I was thinking of you just the other day when some guy from Trucolor

was telling me I need to check a sensor on the bull gear on our Comexi

alls I could think , what the hell is a bull gear :grinning_respect:

No need to pray for those babies

they will be fine I am sure just from time to time they need some tough love :D

If my youngins are to rowdy, with growth spurts, betwen the scissors, and a good root prune, reduce or increase nutes strengths,

that is it for sure sometimes they get a head of you I always run into where my plants for the next round have got too big for

the space or the light I have to use for them

I have no real choice but to hack them back but with a good root system they recover quickly and most of the time

come back far better them the were

then give them some space and the right light and feed them Bam they will explode for you

a good pruning is always a good thing when timed correctly

that is about it timing but almost everything we do when we grow it is all about timing

but you got to look at the plants they will tell you and even show what works and does not work

great to see you as always

be safe and be free

Dequelo

HD: I've grown in a 3 part potting mix for a while... 1/3 perlite, 1/3 vermiculite and 1/3 worm castings or foxfarm soil. At first , you need very little nutes on the clones or seedlings. But then the soil is "spent" and basically becomes soil less. That being said, that mix has a bit more of a buffer for mistakes. I'm running a Botanicare soil mix right now which is basically the same as the mix I make. A bale of pro mix was Way more than I needed for my needs, so I got that mix which was like soil less with a little extra.

High mbeezy,

Thanks for posting my friend.. I was thinking in terms of trace nutes that are present in a sandy type of top soil... I'm thinking like the type of soil found in a low lying area, where soil has been brought in by over flowing creeks, rivers, streams....

The amount of soil added would only be put in the mix when up potting, just before a person flips the lights....

I think there is a test forum here at OPG... If, I can swing it?? I may give this a test, and see what happens... I understand the tolerance, or room for error, but I'm thinking go lite on the nutes, unless the plant tells different....

I'm itching to try this.. All I'm after is the existing trace elements, and see also what kind of taste can become of the smoke..

Dequelo,

My friend, those plants look great!!! Even, if I don't have the chance to start a grow, just seeing you grow out these plants is the next best thing..

All the Best, and Stay Safe

HD

Hey There HD my friend I hope all is well for you :grinning_respect:

the AIs are growing well a couple of different phenos one with close branching and the other one flater

so they should do well thanks for send them may way to give them a try

all the best and stay warm

Dequelo

The plants are looking great, D; :j

I'm very glad to oblige ya with the beans my friend :grinning_respect:

I was just thinking about the sig I put on my posts, about polly's having gems in them...I think you will find something you'll like to grow, better yet smoke :D

All the Best to You, and Yours

HD

Here's to finding a righteous "pheno" :D

:j

here is a little teaser for you and I will do a real update tomorrow

you may remember these plants I hacked them back on 02-11-2010

well they did not die

gallery_164_1217_1686.jpg

gallery_164_1217_52542.jpg

gallery_164_1217_65929.jpg

gallery_164_1217_111374.jpg

nice short little plants at 4 weeks today

peace and be safe

Dequelo

you may remember these plants I hacked them back on 02-11-2010

well they did not die

Sure do my friend :grinning_respect:

die, not a chance!! Infact, they look as healthy as a plant can be..

That's not chopping, or trimming.. It's art work for growing some great weeds :D

All the Best, and Stay Well

HD

Sure do my friend :grinning_respect:

die, not a chance!! Infact, they look as healthy as a plant can be..

That's not chopping, or trimming.. It's art work for growing some great weeds :D

All the Best, and Stay Well

HD

Sorry Dequelo, but for something reason what holy said reminded us of the chapter of LOVE in Kahlil Gibran's. The Prophet.

Love

Then said Almitra, "Speak to us of Love."

And he raised his head and looked upon the people, and there fell a stillness upon them.

And with a great voice he said:

When love beckons to you follow him,

Though his ways are hard and steep.

And when his wings enfold you yield to him,

Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.

And when he speaks to you believe in him,

Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.

Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,

So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.

He threshes you to make you naked.

He sifts you to free you from your husks.

He grinds you to whiteness.

He kneads you until you are pliant;

And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart.

But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,

Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor,

Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.

Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;

For love is sufficient unto love.

When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, I am in the heart of God."

And think not you can direct the course of love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.

But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:

To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.

To know the pain of too much tenderness.

To be wounded by your own understanding of love;

And to bleed willingly and joyfully.

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;

To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;

To return home at eventide with gratitude;

And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.

Your ladies are looking healthy! Keep up the good work brother.

-O

That's not chopping, or trimming.. It's art work for growing some great weeds

selective pruning :grinning_respect: sounds a little bit nicer then hacking :D

but when they get too big and need to be slowed down a little it is hacking that

will get them back under control

gallery_164_1244_76336.jpg

gallery_164_1244_100219.jpg

a couple of shots of the AI beans you sent me if they are ladies one will be a mother plant for sure

they were four weeks old on Saturday or so

I will give them about four more weeks a of veg then flip them all into flower and pull the males

I will not be making any beans this run as I am tried of pick seeds out of buds

some ladies will go back into veg and the rest will be finished

gallery_164_1244_6164.jpg

gallery_164_1244_8187.jpg

gallery_164_1244_100595.jpg

these are a few of the (JBxBK) x GDP cross I am growing out , I have to say they all look like

the male I used he had fat , wide leaves and big hollow stem

both the GDP and the JBxBK were joys to grow the more I trimmed the more they grow

which for me is a great thing , I have had some plants that just do not like me :j for some reason

gallery_164_1244_106306.jpg

gallery_164_1244_82440.jpg

gallery_164_1244_28529.jpg

I cannot complain with the way they are growing I have put them thru a little stress and they

have come thru it pretty well

no if they are not all males life will be truly good :D

Sorry Dequelo, but for something reason what holy said about reminded us of the chapter of LOVE in Kahlil Gibran's. The Prophet.

not need to be sorry my friend nice of you to stop by

peace and be safe

Dequelo

Looking very good D that strain deffinately doesnt seem to have a problem with you.

not as of yet :grinning_respect: but they still have more training to go thru

so time will tell

all the best and be well

Dequelo

I cannot complain with the way they are growing I have put them thru a little stress and they

have come thru it pretty well

I should have some pictures in the gallery of last spring/summer/fall grow.. Man, mother nature wasn't nice at all to the weeds I grew.. Well, let's say mother nature grew :grinning_respect: I didn't do anything to them, except start them outside from seed. Then, bare rooted out of the soil-less mix, and just punch a hole in the dirt, and let nature do the rest..

The only thing I did was to pull all the males, except the best one I thought was worthy of pollenating some of the gals...

Still, with the brutal stress they ended up being about 50/50 female/male ratio...

This sort of reminds me of the pics, the soldiers are taking in afghanistan... The soil I've seen in some pictures looks pretty bad, but the plants look great IMO....

All the Best

HD

Hey still looking kinda pucka! :D Looking good I like the idea of training/bending.Have U pulkled the males yet :grinning_respect:

Good to see you my friend good of you to stop by :grinning_respect: I will not sex them for about 4 more weeks

I do not put a plant from seed into flower before 8 to 10 weeks

I will do these at 8 weeks because I want to get some fresh buds going to smoke

some will more then likely show themselves before with luck

they will get some more training soon and the ones for mothers and maybe to go out will get

hacked back very hard I my repot some stuff today or tomorrow

we will see

peace and be well

Dequelo

they were looking like this on Sunday

gallery_164_1244_82440.jpg

on Tuesday they now are looking like this

gallery_164_1245_66722.jpg

they were a bit too leafy so I went thru them and stripped off some leaves I want some of the

inside growth to grow so I can go thru and cut off the stem I don't want and get the ones I want

to keep I am growing

I only want to veg them until the second week of March

gallery_164_1245_25201.jpg

gallery_164_1245_11763.jpg

gallery_164_1245_21525.jpg

I keep a big leaf or two on here and there for now but they will come off in the next day or two once

the other growth gets going

gallery_164_1245_107268.jpg

gallery_164_1245_19882.jpg

they will be sexed in about 3 and half weeks and then I will pick out some mothers and

put some into flower under a 600 watt light , they will get repotted after they start to come

back from the latest round of abuse

gallery_164_1245_22632.jpg

gallery_164_1245_48526.jpg

a couple of Lady Cane f2s seedlings if they are males I will save the pollen if the are females I will pick a

mother to get clones for outside

all the best and be well

Dequelo

Looking Great, D;

I hope they are growing madly my friend...

A couple or 5 pics would be cool, if you get a chance

All the Best, and Stay Free

HD

looking good as usual dequilo,,,sorry i havent beem around i have been having some trouble loggging on to this site. hope all is well with you and keep up the good work