•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
trippin

Eating Sativa vs Indica?

Do the differing effects of sativa and indica carry over to edibles?

That is, when you cook with indica dominant weed you get more of a relaxed stone while the sativa is more of an up high?

I would say definitely. Your finished food product should have the same ratio's of THCs to CBDs, CBNs, etc. as the buds you started with, so should give you variations in effect depending on the strain you used just like when smoking.

What I want to find out is If I can use some blueberry honey oil and end up with blueberry tasting butter? :)

It really depends on the amounts you use. I've made butter with sativas using 2oz of buds , not trim. I got the spins so bad I through up so many times I stopped counting with my head in the toilet. My wife felt like she was on mushrooms. Then I made them again with trim and also it was too much. So the amount and quality of what you add is more important in my experience than the type of weed.

FWIW, I no longer eat any cookies or brownies as it's hard to say how strong. I did recently have Grand Daddy Purple mocha mix which tasted great and got you baked. Like a hot cocoa pack, just add water. Was amazing. SF clubs sell em.

I personally thought the shake worked as good or better than buds. As far as a difference in the high when eatting them I saw no differnce between Indica and Sativa myself. Other than building up a tolerance to eatting cannabis so fast I personally much prefer to eat it.

Hello Trippin,

I am totally into baking and candy and all that..... The effects are very very pronounced with your choice of cannabis.

For example, I baked with 2 p's of Purple Thai x So.American Sativa flowers . Very very clear high. Once I was over the initial waves effects it became a motivator and great for organizing. The oil was actually purple as a liquid.

I just baked with some Grape Stomper trim and it pretty much knocks me for a loop as to where I can't motivate myself to do anything other than something I can do sitting down....laying down is better.....in fact i ate a small slice 1 3/4 hours ago and I'm having problems seeing the screen .....later

The heat of cooking has to factor into the finished buzz. Which of the THCs, CBDs, CBNs, etc. are going to change or vaporize at cooking temps?

A long-standing argument between a friend and I - he cooks the hell out of his herb when making butter, where I don't even let mine boil. His butter will put a sleeper-hold on you so he feels this means more potent. Mine is plenty potent and can get ridiculous if you overdo it. I say he cooks all the finer more cerebral effects out of his and leaves that "Rip Van Winkle" behind.

Anyone have any better info?

-subterra

I would say your butter is probably much closer to the same ratios of cannabinoids as the material you are making it from.

Where as your friend is letting it cook for a while which causes much more decarboxylation than the short cook method, as well as more break-down of cannabinoids.

Curing your buds causes decarboxylation, but heating it will cause it to happen a lot faster. So the level of CBD's in the starting material would decide the difference in final product. Not much CBD's in the starting material means there isn't much stuff that can change over to psychoactive during the cooking process.

So if you both started with cured buds your method is better for preserving the type of high the original bud had. Your friends would be a more couchlock high from the THC breaking down so you have higher levels of CBNs'.

Its all a matter of preference really.

This is really intresting stuff,

and more then that,

it's science.

The level where this conversation is

is on a higher one then the science is.

The words are spoken through experience

and not out of statistics..

On Wf i'm working on a experience to make crystal oil

out of olive oil.

If this work is more based on facts, as it is now

i'll post this story on Og also.