Jump to content
  •     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

FoolOnTheHill

Grafting my motherplants

Recommended Posts

An update on the plants I grafted on the 12th and 13th of June.

 

They are at 12/12 under HPS for a while and start to flower.

The rootstock of MalawiHaze + Malzilla (below) turned our to be a male.

 

gallery_20098_7032_23576.jpg

 

So I removed all remaining branches of the rootstock.

 

The MalawiHaze plants with Malzilla scions are both female.

 

gallery_20098_7032_311275.jpg

 

Original branch starts at the bottom left, and is bent in an S-shape.

 

The second plant (below) also still has an original side branch (left side).

 

gallery_20098_7032_440492.jpg

 

It's more compact and did not need any bending.

 

More later.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The three braided plants, update.

 

gallery_20098_7032_296217.jpg

 

The three braided (sister)plants contain a total of eight scions now.

Cuts of four different plants.

Below are two of them.

 

gallery_20098_7032_53663.jpg

 

Under the pink plastic is the graft spot of a MadBlue-scion.

And on the forground is the recently unwrapped spot where a Madagascar-scion has been grafted.

You can see the colour difference and the traces of the wire.

 

gallery_20098_7032_177834.jpg

 

A view the base of the composite plant:

 

gallery_20098_7032_179223.jpg

 

At the top of of the above picture you see the spot where branches of plant #2 and #3 are inosculated.

The wound is sealed, and I used a rizla paper to cover the sticky stuff.

 

gallery_20098_7032_143313.jpg

 

Training the stem horizontally caused extra root growth.

 

After taking the above pictures, I cut eight juicy clones off the older scions.

Then trained it a bit more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a conversation the other day about this. I talked you up!

 

Keep on, keeping on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scion # 9 on the braided plants:

 

gallery_20098_7032_375409.jpg

 

 

It's a low side branch of one of the three Malawi-haze rootstock plants that are in the flower cabin.

(third picture in post #151)

I made the graft about ten days ago and took the bag off two days ago.

I did two, and one survived.

 

Grafting to re-veg it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on the scions that were put on seedling (tap root) rootstock (see post #151).

 

Madblue on MalawiHaze male:

 

gallery_20098_7032_562099.jpg

 

gallery_20098_7032_228610.jpg

 

Malzilla scion on MalawiHaze seedling:

 

gallery_20098_7032_53414.jpg

 

MalawiHaze branch on the right side.

 

The Malzilla scion:

 

gallery_20098_7032_21942.jpg

 

gallery_20098_7032_620555.jpg

 

Both plants are in 5 liter pots.

 

More later...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey FOTH, how are all these doing. I am still going to work on my "grafting for F2's" plan. Just waiting for the weather to improve. I will revenge the girls after harvest, then graft to one of the 2 male clones I kept. Then flower the whole thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...