•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Clepter™

Jar Wars - 6 KINDS of KIND...

Damn...

Just some pictures of shit from this last run that was just completed...

I just blindly took some pictures...just one of each...wasn't really trying...but still - these are interesting pictures.

Would you be able to recognize these strains on the street? If you purchased any of these...could you look in your bag, and know for certain: that you got what you paid for?

What does "frosty" mean? Is it millions of smaller trichomes? Is it fewer large ones?

What is bag appeal? Is it the many colors on a bud, or is it carrot sized buds?

Which smell is best? Is it skunk, or is it sweet?

Which is "merc"? Which one makes money FASTER? Large quantities at shitty prices, or small quantities at better prices?

Does the "elitist" or "strain connoisseur" even exist in the "commercial arena"?

How do I balance "having fun growing" with "making money growing"?

KaBoom!!!

Blue Satalite v2.2 (Indica Pheno) - 56 Days:

gallery_1057_627_157198.jpg

Bubba Kush 'Katsu' - 70 Days:

gallery_1057_627_2088.jpg

Bubba Kush 'Katsu' - 80 Days:

gallery_1057_627_386849.jpg

Pure Kush - 80 Days:

gallery_1057_627_423389.jpg

P2K Elite Blueberry Sativa - 73 Days:

gallery_1057_627_668124.jpg

Chemdog D - 73 Days:

gallery_1057_627_379620.jpg

What is the P2K Elite Blueberry Sativa - 73 Days?

Nice gear

Yea, Frosty, colorful (sucker for purple), sweet smelling, dense buds at a good price will go every time,... well at a dispensary of course. :grinning_respect:

Do you want answers to those questions Clepter or are those rhetorical ramblings? If so, are you just using those as example shots or wanting to know which has certain appeal? Not trying to be a dick, I just dont want to spam it up if you aren't really looking for feedback.

Nice focal shots as examples for bagged buds I should add.

Thanks,

O_S

What is the P2K Elite Blueberry Sativa - 73 Days?

Nice gear

Thanks man!

About the Blueberry:

The Blueberry - In the mid 90's a grower grew out over 100 DJ short BB seeds. This rare pheno was found. It grows like a sat, smells like flowers, taste like Blueberries if you grow it right. At 8 weeks it's a balanced high, at 9 it's stoned to the bone, at 10 weeks it loses flavor but is as strong as Bubba Kush with the exception that you will have foot long buds. Outdoors it finishes in 8 weeks.

DJ Short lost his parent plants in 2000 and reworked his lines...

This is not something you are able to find in seed form and blows away the mother clone available at California clubs. 3-4 x stretch indoors , outdoors 2-3.

This is the same strain being ran in Joker's new thread here:

Do you want answers to those questions Clepter or are those rhetorical ramblings? If so, are you just using those as example shots or wanting to know which has certain appeal? Not trying to be a dick, I just dont want to spam it up if you aren't really looking for feedback.

Yeah man, it's for real - I REALLY want to know.

I wonder if I have wasted shitloads of time and money on 20,000 random strains for no reason at all.

I have too much shit...I have SO much shit, that I can't take care of it all. I need to pick 3-4 moms and burn the rest.

Oh yeah, I forgot -

Kolossus - 70 Days:

gallery_1057_627_52033.jpg

I haven't even smoked it yet...I sold both jars 2 days after cutting it down - WITH NO COMPLAINTS.

I've kept only this small piece to sample after a cure.

Nice focal shots as examples for bagged buds I should add.

Thanks,

O_S

I believe if you follow Clepter's threads you'll find continuity in his view of humor and passion 4 da weed

That's why it was easy for me to follow along with a smile on my face, the Clepter™ is cool :grinning_respect:

Blueberry sure works wonders for my life, I have some nice BB hash that's killer

OG

Damn...

Just some pictures of shit from this last run that was just completed...

I just blindly took some pictures...just one of each...wasn't really trying...but still - these are interesting pictures.

Would you be able to recognize these strains on the street? If you purchased any of these...could you look in your bag, and know for certain: that you got what you paid for?

What does "frosty" mean? Is it millions of smaller trichomes? Is it fewer large ones?

What is bag appeal? Is it the many colors on a bud, or is it carrot sized buds?

Which smell is best? Is it skunk, or is it sweet?

Which is "merc"? Which one makes money FASTER? Large quantities at shitty prices, or small quantities at better prices?

Does the "elitist" or "strain connoisseur" even exist in the "commercial arena"?

How do I balance "having fun growing" with "making money growing"?

KaBoom!!!

Note these are just my silly views. Others may feel differently, but I've been both a hardcore consumer as well as producer. Not sure how that leaves me jaded or not. I try to be balanced and still know what I will buy and what I wont at XXX price.

Q: Would you be able to recognize these strains on the street? If you purchased any of these...could you look in your bag, and know for certain: that you got what you paid for?

A: Not really. This answer is the overall problem with the "industry" as a whole now. It is also why people like to move up and up in trying to obtain the best possible from reputable sources to avoid that question in their own minds. Especially if they get to know the grower. You can name it anything you want. Just like wine, it has to be categorized differently. We currently dont package weed with enough information besides a single name that has to be looked up to make that sort of decision. Same with wine in some ways. But I can still buy any new Reisling that comes out and know it will fall into a certain taste range. We dont have that quite yet. Maybe it is more complicated but I dont think so.

There is an awful lot of faith now in using the names of these strains to market them. I think many here can attest to a time where many strains merely had a location attached to name them more than anything. Humbolt weed was a different product for instance if you didn't live there. Locally it was associated by the person first, and then various strains (IME). Ahead of their time really. Or we've just mimicked that cultural aspect. Other notable examples, Maui Wowy, Thai Stick, Columbian Gold, Jamacian Trip, (original) Northern Lights ... There were also simpler methods even in recent memory where you didn't even get those names. Simply Kind, hydro, chronic, etc. You could tell by examining it that it was either in the ballpark or not. But you would be hard pressed until you sparked it up to know for sure it was what you paid for.

If I take and "bag" up 5 distinctly different purple strains now for instance, in a side by side, I would not be able to name them. Even if given the 5 names to match them up, just chance will get more hits than actual knowledge of them. Sure, I know some people will make all sorts of claims because they blow through 2K a week on high end cannabis. They "might" be able to tell. But only if those are coming from the same sources. Just the subtly in growing conditions, cure time, pheno drift, trimming technique etc makes it nearly impossible for even the best connoisseur. Now can that person dial in the effects from smoking those and get pretty close? Maybe. Big fat maybe.

Same goes for renaming strains to pass them off as something new. This is an age old marketing technique that has been adapted. I've had enough people admit that flat out. Same strain as before, just renamed to increase sales. If people think it's new or different, then it is. That power of persuasion is very strong. If I just say it's a mexican red you will pay X amount. If I say it is a Jamacian strain grown on the thighs of virgins, you pay me a lot more. These names make all weed sound like virginal growth.

Q: What does "frosty" mean? Is it millions of smaller trichomes? Is it fewer large ones?

A: Most people dont get a chance to see good cannabis with larger trichs on it. By the time its been processed and handled 50 freaking times, those tend to go bye bye. Seriously. People consider a good frosty weed one that glisens like a pop-stars rhiestone outfit. Good technique for sales is just like diamonds. Black drop cloth with sharp light to display it. If it glitters, it's gold. If it feels rough like a cat's tongue or sharkskin, that's gold. If it's sticky and your fingers draw away some glitter because of it, pure gold. Just like diamonds though, larger trichs produce more light capature and greater glitter. Another dirty trick there is to have the samples slightly moister than the final product. Bah, so many dirty tricks.

In a nutshell, covered in trichs is frosty. Just like a glass. Unless your buyer is a using a jewelers loop (hate those people, oops, I've done that ... ) there is no real difference.

Q: What is bag appeal? Is it the many colors on a bud, or is it carrot sized buds?

A: Bag appeal is not just looks per se. My criteria and some connoisseurs I know pretty much go for the same thing. First how does it look like it held up in travel. Does it look like it's frosty. Does it look like its been part of a seed crop. Does it have visible nanners anywhere (grower influence there.) Does it have huge mother fracking stems. Does it look like it has mold. Then ... what color is it. If it's a nice color range, is that something cool to share with people or simply creepy looking. For instance, I'll gladly buy "bleached" weed that was obviously grown too close to the lights. But I will ask for a discount if possible. Some people couldn't tell that from a good white strain so to them that color is associated with something exotic. Think of how different this stuff looks from dirt low end brick weed for an idea. Lastly, does this appear to be all one strain?

Okay so thats the visiual inspection. Next comes the rest of the bag aspect. How big are the buds? Does it look like popcorn shot out the ass of a mule or was there tender loving care taken? That's a biggy if you know your cannabis sources to some. As for big buds, am I paying for giant stems to get that nice cola? Can I justify that percent loss from giant stems? How does it smell. Does it match whatever bullcrap this dealer is pitching? I dont smell lemons, I smell catpiss. Is there mold? I put that in twice yes. Same for stems. Hrm, maybe my bar is too low. How do they feel in the bag? Am I feeling air or good solid buds. That last criteria there sucks as some airy buds can have a similar density of the cannabinoids but we've all leaned towards to denser ones. Denser also means less space to travel with or hide the stuff. Better for all parties.

The general consumer wants a frosty look and attractive High Times looking buds. No one wants brick squashed two dimensional buds with no character left when it comes to overall appeal. Colors rock people but enough frosty goodness and you can sell all green.

One other note on bag appeal. If it has foxtails or other "features" to the shape it seems more exotic. Any time you can confuse the eye with more detail, it can become this way. Like a stop sign versus a fractal. Which is more appealing as a piece of art?

Q: Which smell is best? Is it skunk, or is it sweet?

A: Muhahahahahahahahahahaha. Okay sorry. Anything but hay. Seriously. Depends on the level of consumer you are hitting up though. I still associate fresh cut hay with cannabis. I love that smell. I know better now, but some people dont. So for the street sales concept the question is, does it stink? If it stinks, it's good. If it lacks odor its not as good. I personally dont like that, but its fairly good idea of what people expect. I personally am a skunk lover. I roll my windows down if someone ran one over. Sweet is nice, but funky is appealing to me. Not dirty feet funky though. Makes me think mold and that turns me off. Some people love cheese. I personally gag when I smell a bag of cheese.

Now when it comes to some people sweet will always outsell strong odor like smells. Chicks dig chocolate/coffee smells usually. Floral smells are mixed results. Fruit smells, if truly distinctive, tend to throw people off a little, but have generally good appeal.

Sorry on that one, but that is really a tricky one for me to define. Hence the evil laugh.

Q: Which is "merc"? Which one makes money FASTER? Large quantities at shitty prices, or small quantities at better prices?

A: Go big or get out. Had to say it. Large quantities period. Want to get rich? Sell lots of stuff and then sell some more. Nobody gets rich selling diamonds by trying to market just large high grade ones. They work the field and have to sell volume. Plain and simple. I know that's just business 101 but its the same for this industry. Dont sell crap though. We all know how to find Walmart.

Now if you were dealing out of a dorm room, I'd say quality. But you're not asking for that. You're asking true merchandiser. People who run retail stores are near the bottom of the food chain because of their overhead etc. Same goes with this. You need volume and you want to sell in large quantities. This is not to say there is not such a thing as high quality and volume sales. High end cars dont quite have the volume per se, but they sell a lot of them. Dealers make a lot off those because the clientèle is a strange one. Same here. Sell good volume of high end and then increase that volume. Dont become Walmart.

Basically setting up a grow op that can produce a large quantity of crap, even outdoor mind you, versus high end, costs you pretty much the same and carries the same risks. The profit margins for the higher end are going to better right now. You are definitely not competing with brick dealers as much. I know the NW has a different brick influence from up North that can kill your bottom line, but they still demand a lot more for theirs than the stuff from down south that winds up there.

The faster part is the confusing one. You're a farmer. There is a fixed time requirement regardless. Certain crap perpetual grows can produce money faster, but tend to even out in the long run because your volume isn't creating enough cash buffer in comparison to staged floods of high end products. I guess that's part of it really. 1 month after the end of summer season harvest is the worse time to be on the market as a seller. If you can mange to cure extra, etc, you can take advantage later on of the vacuum. Again, think business not fly by night greed, corner selling approaches to this and you'll come out ahead. The problem is like all low starting cap businesses in that you have to work up a little. Expansion of production capability with what you can clear out to make the next run better etc.

Dont forget about market saturation. You can "overgrow" your own market and basically screw yourself. Unless you are trying to put others completely out of business. If you had the space and were willing to risk it, you could undersell in large volume high quality and then become "the" preferred source for your downstream market. Especially if it is quality. But the risks definitely escalate very differently than the normal business world. Our screwed up system doesn't have the FTC or courts. We seem to just have henchmen and stacks of ammo to influence competitors on that scale. Scary but true.

Again now a straight answer. I think a lot of people would say simply volume. Pure and simple but your qualifiers negate each other with this market.

Q: Does the "elitist" or "strain connoisseur" even exist in the "commercial arena"?

A: Yes. Most are growers though. Even they run out of course.

Those outside of that are simply trendy bitches IMO. If Pure Kush is today's must have new name, then they want it and will pay extra for it. These same people buy new phones every three months, etc etc etc. Rare exceptions to this are "well informed consumers." Just like with wine and the like. Very small percentage though. Minimal mark-ups really. Maybe 15-20% more but this gets back to being able to determine those strains anymore because of the BS factor. If they know you, etc. then they might pay more. Only certain regions, breeders, etc are going to draw that and we dont have a way to showcase that well yet. Wine or perhaps certain spirits are the closest market and the parallels are there because we are all influenced by them. Wine I still think is the closest one though when it comes to "strains" and labeling.

Q: How do I balance "having fun growing" with "making money growing"?

A: I cant answer that for you. I nearly made myself physically sick because of the legal issues and the paranoia factor at one point. It took all the fun out of it. Period. Money was nice but I was not well. This is a similar question many craftsman ask themselves as I'm sure you are well aware of. Carpenters etc. People's hobbies are sometimes not well suited to commercial approaches for them as it takes the enjoyment factor completely out. For most business people, the answer is to get out of running a one person shop and hire someone else to do the main labor and minutia. But that takes time to get there or massive startup capital usually. Then you can pick your aspect to delve into and live it up.

I'm not sure if it is just living "payout to payout" that is getting you down on it, or what though. I wont try and play armchair shrink. Though I will say based on the limited amounts one can gleam from this sort of interaction, that up until this I thought you were living the dream basically. Perhaps you are just at one of many milestones?

Again, my chaotic ramblings may or may not be helpful. But I offer them freely and truly just want to be helpful in this community, in this little corner of it all. We are not all disingenuous bastards living false personas. Sometimes things are as they seem.

Be well,

O_S

Oh and I wanted to form some sort of pictorial feedback, but ... two dimensional appeal is not the same. Period. Only thing I would comment on though is that those Kollosus cuttings look like leftovers in that pic. Cutting room floor sweepings in comparison to the other pics. Fluffy and 20%+ stem weight on that one nug when viewed from a distance. I'd still be happy enough with them, but if all of them looked like this all the time, I'd haggle price. :grinning_respect:

Not adding this to the other reply because I felt it needed to stand alone to make the point clear that Internet pictures are not the same in this breakdown. Yummy, wonderful, captures the elements to some degree, but not the same.

Be well,

O_S

Yea I'll take some of those floor sweepings as Oddly_Sober remarked :grinning_respect:

Dont forget I'd still smoke a male plant flash dried if you offered it to me. :)

Be well,

O_S

I wonder if I have wasted shitloads of time and money on 20,000 random strains for no reason at all.

Now this of course gets into the medical question maybe. Does one strain work better than another for a person or not? Some people will swear by one of two closely related strains as having higher efficacy. Maybe the question is not so much has it been a waste of time but perhaps you are asking the wrong people. Does the dispensary or whoever is your down chain need that diversity or could they do with just some solid mixes that cover the bases?

Just thinking of the Sativa/Indica dominant strains and your desire to dial in 3 or 4 strains ...

Ratio of characteristics perhaps? 25/75, 50/50, 75/25 and one with color for those "other" medical shoppers? Or the same with some going longer into amber to offer different effects as needed?

I was torn on the idea of responding to bag appeal because I know you are mainly supplying medical. Been chewing on this part of the question for a few and I'm not sure what is best. I just think if you are not getting good feedback on what is needed, and taking that into consideration, you may be heading down the wrong path.

True medial users really could care less if you are growing the most Elite of all rare strains. They just want something effective at a fair price.

Why have you been trying so many strains might be because you just haven't found what you need the most. Maybe it is like that U2 song. There is such a thing as a personal grow in the midst of all this hoopla you're in now.

That make any sense?

Be well,

O_S

Yes I have to agree in most part to what Oddly mentioned regarding appeal etc etc. However, as producers of conniseur quality we need to educate the clients or our market to get the top dollar. Do clients know the difference - for the most part absolutely not. Most peeps don't realize or know the difference between stone or high. To fetch top dollar requires salesmanship and product to back it up.

If you skimp on quality and talk a tall tale, you can make the sale but you won't have a long term relationship.

Those were excellent posts - I read every single word. I feel like shit, so I don't feel very wordy, but I am left with a few questions, observations, etc.

1. Is my misery due to the fact that I am locked into a market of <= 21yo?

2. I can sell 3.5g all day at $15/g...If I "go big" I get $250 an ounce, or $8.9/g - that's HALF as much (about)...

3. Again, is this because I am locked into a "baby" niche?

4. If I"Nickel and dime" the shit, I'd make more money - however the urge to sell to "non-medical" consumers is overpowering...

5. Safety in the above method requires a "hireling"...and you never know what's going on, or who is getting WHAT...which leads to BLOOD IN STOOL, KILLING SPREES, and general FAILURE TO THRIVE.

6. I find most people I TALK TO, don't know the difference between indica or sativa - they can't tell me if they are "stoned" or "high"...

7. The shit that was radically different than anything - Bubba, Pure Kush, and Jackhammer; those strains sold out instantly...and all of them are a clusterfuck to grow.

8. So, if no one knows anything, does it make sense to go with a hybrid, with a balanced stone/high (50/50), that has large glistening chunks, that weighs a lot wet (because no one has bought cured weed apparently)...or

9. Go with a high yielding strain that is radically different in taste, color, smell, effect?

Anyone is welcome to comment...I've found everything posted so far to be extremely helpful.

What do YOU care about?

I vote for color of the product..purp ='s potent for most people.

I could careless what the color of my herb is as it all look's like ash in a minute anyway :grinning_respect: But these hypothetical assumption's do exist for many folks and can bring a higher price.

Fuck it man...Work the market you got as it spends the same.

Those were excellent posts - I read every single word. I feel like shit, so I don't feel very wordy, but I am left with a few questions, observations, etc.

I've never sold a gram before but given some away with fear even doing that, I don't type well and takes me forever to write my thoughts out.

Street appeal would be large dense sticky skunk with a cross buzz of stone/high

But for head stash.............

I have some Kali Mist I wouldn't sell for less then $600oz no? more for me :)

Sannie Jack $500oz

Purple Killing Field $550oz

No one would pay that, well maybe a soldier stuck at the north pole doing guard duty :grinning_respect:

Oh yes they will.

I hear things like "No F*&^in Way!" and "That's not Real" when I get out the stash.

I had to stop showing it off because people kept trying to get me to introduce them to whoever I'm getting it from. Offering ever more difficult to refuse incentives.

With all this gear here its really "the smell" that does it.

Whats the first thing you do to a bag of pot?

Smell it.

Seriously have you Ever smelled anything like the Purple KF? or the green one for that matter.

Certainly not for sale locally.

If that scares ya don't even think about ElMonstre or Madonna.

What 'Does' Herrijuanna really smell like?, I don't know.

But everyone who smells it has the same exact expression on their face.

The color is hard to tell once its good and cured, but the more purple of the KF will turn almost black while still stinking of sweetened high octane flying saucer fuel.

That has some serious appeal there.

So far as the look of the buds when I was a customer, (from before I tore back that curtain and found out the Great and Mighty OZ was just a bunch of gardening nerds), I was always after large calyxes and large trichomes on buds hung from large sturdy substantial stems. Not wimpy premature dried so fast the hair was still white no smell, well you know.

So far the only locally available pot Ive seen that came close to mine was some lemony skunk my friends picked up some miles south of here. It was fetching an unrealistic 420 an ounce, and it sold out fast.

Clepter,

You hit the nail on the head. No 9. Something different. Tell the story to go with it . Find the upper echlon marketplace. In some cases rename the stuff. Ex . Freebie -Afgan x NYCD= new name according to me for the few friends who like believe couch lock = good stuff= new name Taliban1 ,the sleeper cell.

Oh yes they will.

I hear things like "No F*&^in Way!" and "That's not Real" when I get out the stash.

I had to stop showing it off because people kept trying to get me to introduce them to whoever I'm getting it from. Offering ever more difficult to refuse incentives.

With all this gear here its really "the smell" that does it.

Whats the first thing you do to a bag of pot?

Smell it.

I agree with this. When I judge someone elses stash, smell tells a lot. You can tell how well it was cured and often for how long. It also tells if there is mold, as an ammonia smell is often the by product of vegetable matter breaking down. You can tell the onset of a mold infection by that brownish green color in the buds. Drying should lead to a bit of a lighter color from the original undried plant, not a complete color change.

I also judge by how much handling there was, as this is often a sign of other measures of care taken...Check for the pistils still standing, and of course, glands still in tact. Color is pretty, but usually the last factor aside from whether it is a moldy color.

In the midwest people crap themselves over homegrown, a lot of people have a time even finding green, let alone the most fire stuff theyve seen outside a hightimes. People constantly tell me how a bag of my stuff will last them twice as long as other merch they get, and they sere no price difference from me...if not a huge discount.

what i do when i have to buy.

for the first look of a commercial strain for me it should be some nice sized buds with a good calyx to leaf ratio. it should look like there's some serious resin on those buds.

wheter a lot of small or some really big ones, if the sun is shining i always break up a bud and look if its glistening.. but that goes to far for a first shot-like look.

second inspection, ask your nose, homie. everything smelling strong creates more interest. but then again it's a question of taste, haze or berry or....

third look is when you prepare your bowl or joint. you break up the bud and smell again on the fresh broken part, then cut or grind or whatever.

you get a small idea of the bud structure, if it's sticky, if it was dried properly and if it's glistening nice.

the next step is to smoke or vape or eat the product. i only tried vap'ing once and didn't like it, for the once a year cooking i prefer moroccan.

so the smoke test for me should be a non harsh, nice tasting but not too overpowering taste. if you want to smoke something a long time it should not taste or smell to penetrating.

the exception for this is if you like the taste and smell.. but if not that gets boring and you lose fun and look for another source, if you as the source only provide this one product.

the high.. i also think most of the people don't recognize if they high or stoned, just buzzed. something that contains both world should be good,

you should be able to get smoked out completely. you know some strains only get you "that" high but not further.

for the names of the weed i wouldn't tell one, because then they think you a fckin psycho dealer

and want to steal your connection and all that - or the grower himself or they will ask you if you can bring on this and that weed next time this if possible and you know the bla.

if you close or good to one and he asks why not! or if someone comes to buy exactly that bubba days took at 80 days or something.

maybe ask your people what they want most, and let em choose democratic, plus your own 382492384902384032x more counting vote.

now more the points from the sales - view.

the commercial strain should bloom fast, be fckin vigorous, cloning fast and yield a lot. maybe not stink too much during the grow.

should perform better than else in your preferred style of gro. completely untrained, or scrog or sog or whatever.. i think i saw some compared buds from you.. supercropping and untrained or so..

the strain should not be too strong, or your customers won't return so quickly, if they think it's so strong the only can smoke one little j in the evening.

selling super strong strain as commercial only works out when there's a quick-medium tolerance build up.

the weed you grow should smoke so good people smoke it so fast away only because of its goood taste.. but hard to hit all pepps with one strain.

hope this helps to see the "commercial" from 2 points of view.

I've never sold a gram before but given some away with fear even doing that, I don't type well and takes me forever to write my thoughts out.

Street appeal would be large dense sticky skunk with a cross buzz of stone/high

But for head stash.............

I have some Kali Mist I wouldn't sell for less then $600oz no? more for me :)

Sannie Jack $500oz

Purple Killing Field $550oz

No one would pay that, well maybe a soldier stuck at the north pole doing guard duty :grinning_respect:

You'd be surprised OG. I'm not trying to pick on your assumptions here at all. Just sharing a perspective in hopes of maybe illustrating one point for Clepter and the general whacky nature of this stuff.

There are markets, even bordering California, where you can ask and get that much for those products. The standards that come into those markets have a baseline price of $400-$450 already. Some of those I will admit come close or rival, but it is a chance occurrence to get so lucky. What happens most of the time is a select clientèle established for that alone and then, well, that's it. You're locked into the opposite range from where Clepter is sitting. Now a few places back East you can get this as well but the amount of bazillionaire connoisseurs is denser and you'd be hard pressed to keep them happy once you got "in" with that crowd. Lots of people in the upper end like their smoke, but dont have the time to go chasing down sources, or taking the risks of being exposed. That is "the" market to get into. Also keep in mind those people will sell your soul a lot faster if comes down to brass tacks. But generally it is much saner than any other.

The reason you can ask that much is because of the guarantee. I'll skip the movie quote about guarantees on a box of course, but the idea stands. Part of this guarantee is the discretion factor on how it is procured as much as the quality in those markets. Again, everyone knows how to find Walmart but we'd all rather have a custom tailor come to our door, so to speak.

Then you get into the midwest and its just chaos for established markets. IME, which is not perfect mind you, price structure and overall consumer knowledge there is the worse. The people who know, grow, as it were. The rest are living in a mash-up of bad information, even with the Internet at their disposal, and much stronger anti-cannabis morales. The South gets the bad rap, but the midwest can be scarier.

I know that if I was nearby right now I'd offer up to take some of that Kali off your hands because I know ***exactly*** what I'm getting and trust the source implicitly. Not sure if that is the best compliment or not, but I offer it and a tip of my hat.

Be well,

O_S

Oh yes they will.

^^^^^^

THIS!!!

Case in point between your head stash and a commercial growing strain. Perfect example of how to illicit a price by offering high end "mids" as the defacto standard. I also just got all nostalgic on the disbelief part. I recall the first time I got that reaction from some crappy outdoor trees in a seriously depressed market. And a few other times of course.

So far as the look of the buds when I was a customer, (from before I tore back that curtain and found out the Great and Mighty OZ was just a bunch of gardening nerds), I was always after large calyxes and large trichomes on buds hung from large sturdy substantial stems. Not wimpy premature dried so fast the hair was still white no smell, well you know.

So far the only locally available pot Ive seen that came close to mine was some lemony skunk my friends picked up some miles south of here. It was fetching an unrealistic 420 an ounce, and it sold out fast.

Awesome illustration of how much illusion and hype there is in dealing with the taboo products in life. And the wonderment of what really makes them tick.

As for that $420, amazing how often that pops up. But again, it demonstrates how a better product can and will not only demand a better price, but will go quickly enough because people really do want better stuff.

/edit ... Marketing is all. "This is the most amazing ... " "This is from Hawaii ... " "This was stolen from a US Govt Lab ..." "This is from Holland ..." So many examples. Or simple timing of course. Market watching to know when there hasn't been good strains floating around, then dump pounds at much higher prices and all that rot.

Be well,

O_S

I can hit BC with a rock from where I am sitting so we do get good commercial here.

Oh sure the pot I grow would fetch a way higher price.

It also costs more to grow it, flowers way longer takes way longer to dry, has to be watched all the time, and quite honestly is more potent and clearer on the high to begin with than anything these people around here have ever seen.

Not only that, some of its purple, some yellow, some black, some pink, and some lite green, in smells most people here have never experienced in pot.

If i were evil, I could be selling Columbian gold, Panama Red, Purple Haze, G 13, and lime green jamakan gaja dat will keep you up all nite long.

but Im not that kind of evil.

Im a more organized patient careful kind of evil.