•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

island

Enjoying the day...

Nice insects Saxo. My macro cameras broke but here's a few pics in the garden with a point and shoot and some cropping.

gallery_2091_1506_431820.jpg

gallery_2091_1506_4323.jpg

gallery_2091_1506_2256098.jpg

gallery_2091_1506_530104.jpg

gallery_2091_1506_885247.jpg

gallery_2091_1506_210500.jpg

Thanks, jwf!!

looks like,we´ve got the same Flowers in our Gardens

gallery_1237_685_242970.jpg

;

@ Escobar:

This Pic i made today above our Garden....

gallery_1237_685_2857.jpg

gallery_1237_685_26669.jpg

A330-200 Tanker is refueling a Tornado.

;)

Flying back from alaska tomorrow. Coming home with salmon,halibut, rock fish and dungeones crab :lol:

I have more to put up but just a few I could get loaded..

The view from the boat where we were anchored up ;) Also the view I woke up to every morning

gallery_850_526_76183.jpg

A pic standing in the harbor..the weather was beautiful!!!!!

gallery_850_526_67299.jpg

Low tide on one of the many islands in south east alaska :rofl The tides rang from 15 - 18 feet when I was there. Pretty extreme tide every six hours

gallery_850_526_16512.jpg

peace and happy vibes

Did you see any mosquitoes or bot flies? ;)

Thanks brother Warren :D Dungeoness crab has to one of my favorites as well. I got to eat one fresh for breakfast right from the trap and in to boiling pot of water. It did not need anything else and it was excellent. I can't believe how beautiful Alaska was was..so many awe inspiring sights and wild life every where.

Yooo Clep :) The bugs didn't mess with me too much lol They went after everyone else but not me which was strange..didn't use bug spray once <_< Maybe my blood taste bad but not one bite from the nooo-see-ums :)

A few more pics..Still have more to get off my camera

A small dog shark came up on the end of my line..I was surprised as we were so far from the open ocean but cool to see. He could not resist a nice big chunk of salmon belly. He was quickly released :)

gallery_850_526_7818.jpg

Enjoying the view and cleaning a fresh caught salmon for breakfast...mmmmm It was sooo good! I just fillet it up and took off the skin with some salt and pepper on both sides and fried it in some butter with a squeeze of lemon and green onion to finish. Hard to beat fresh fish on the water like that!!!

gallery_850_526_60440.jpg

Here are some fresh black mussels I picked on the shoreline. I made a big pot of new england style (cream) mussel chowder with them. Just cleaned them and boiled them to get my soup base from them and then took them out of their shells.

Added potatoes, onions, and celery with a clove of garlic with a little rosemary to some saute' bacon then added the the mussel stock and cream with the mussels and finnish with fresh parsley..it was amazing with a bruschetta' style bread :) Not bad eatin' for being out in the middle of no where in Alaska ;)

gallery_850_526_91329.jpg

These are some fresh dungeoness crab we had for dinner right out of the water while they were still in the crab trap..they went straight into some boiling water while they were still alive. We ate fresh crab almost every other day I was up there for dinner :)

I live in the desert so I enjoyed the hell out of my self! :D I was able to bring quite a few home with me as well frozen..I just cooked them and cleaned then on the water and just brought back the bodies and legs.

gallery_850_526_67668.jpg

Out of the pot to cool :)

gallery_850_526_92721.jpg

And lastly one of the many freshly caught flounder..I love flounder and these were nice size ones coming up :) They put up a hell of a fight on some light tackle gear..I was using 4 lb. test on a small rod and small reel and had some real screamers!!

I just fillet them up and taking away the skin. Add salt and pepper on both sides..dip into a beaten egg and roll in flower and fry in some hot sesame oil :) I made a garlic chilli sauce to go on top with hot rice.

gallery_850_526_34314.jpg

still more to come..hope you enjoy so far :)

peace and happy vibes

yes, had a great time

What I want to know is - Did you get cannabis flowers out of a vending machine?

I don't care if it's the worst shit ever - it must be done at least one time...

<_<

Fuck Island, a man with many talents. You are a gourmet chef on top of a gourmet pot grower :D That clam chowder and fried garlic/chili flounder sound incredible.

Alaska is beautiful. Really is the last untouched frontier in America as far as I am concerned. Good to see you had a great time <_<

hehe, thanks for the compliments man but I just love food in general :) Plus, with all the fresh seafood to prepare it was a breeze as it was all good already by itself. I got more to put up still... I went walking inland and found wild blueberies which were sooo good. Then it dawned on me that I might be raiding a bears stash of blueberries <_<

Started working my way back up wind and saw a momma black bear and her cubs about a hundred yards away..I'll get those pics up in awhile. Never seen a bear in the wild so I made sure I got some photos. Glad I left the berry patch when I did :D

Not sure how many surfers are here but I thought this shot was pretty cool :) I began rolling this doob with some hash and noticed this in the corner...

Looks like a barreling wave about to drain on the reef :) My little hash reef going off lol Always thinking about surf...

gallery_850_526_111991.jpg

Light them up my friends :)

peace and happy vibes

Bonzai Pipeline in Oahu Hawaii.

The only wave I got a real ride on..lol The rip was unbelievably brutal.

Hawaii167.jpg

The other few waves barreled out and I got the washing machine a few times.

Hawaii163.jpg

When they start rolling in like this, it's time for me to get out of the break, smoke a joint, grab a longboard and head to Marijuana's or Chun's

Hawaii168.jpg

Man I gotta go back and do some riding.

Nice Pix!

.....i never tried surfing till now....guess,it´s not my Sport,i´m rather go swimming <_<

i would run from those PipeWaves too.........

Nice shots useless <_< Tide looks a bit up in those pics. Sunset is another nice place to surf..the inside bowl can be good. I love to long board as well...it hard to beat in small glassy surf and just cruise.

Sax, you gotta get on a stick bra! It's way more fun.

Island - It was total high tide. You can see from the date stamp it was middle of Nov. in '05, and that was literally the first swell on the North Shore that year. All week I was waiting for that. LOL. Being from Socal, Surf City, I had to give pipeline a shot, even though I am only a recreational surfer. (Used to race snowboards for a living, just surfed in the summer for "training") Brutal rip's there at pipe, not like home shore's at all.

Now, I am old, and fat, and just want longboard aka "canoe" I can about throw a recliner and ice chest full of beer on before I paddle out. heh heh heh.

Nice Useless <_< The rip currents can be nuts for sure!! Glad you got some surf after waiting it out. Thats a good idea with the cooler hehehe with the stand up paddle boards i'm sure it possible..some of them are huge. So cal got some nice places too..My friend told me the left at black's can be pretty fun on a good size day.

LOL Blacks can be great. I like to hit "Old Man's", on the other side of the power plant, next to Trussels. The short boarders ride Trussels, and us old men aka long boarders rule at Old Man's.

I been wanting to try the paddle boards, but shit man, like $1000-$1500 for the stick and another couple hundred for the paddle! I just looked at a LAIRD paddle board 2 days ago...$1200 <_< So for now, I just ride my 9'6" Robert August.

I hear ya Useless :) The paddle boards are expensive!

I'll stick with my 10'0 and just stand up and it doesn't cost me a thing hehe. I need to get down there one of these days and catch a few waves..gonna be in Hawaii next week so i'll definitely get some water time in then <_< I can't wait...I need to rehydrate in this hot desert lol..definitely get some pics of the local surf.

Here's a couple pics of the bears I was speaking about..Just behind where the bears are standing is the blueberry patch. You just have to walk into the forest a bit to find them but that was such a nice surprise :D MMMMmmmm makes me think of making some pancakes and blueberries.

gallery_850_526_17217.jpg

gallery_850_526_17217.jpg

peace and happy vibes

Just some pics from the forest I collected some humus from, I only needed about 1 liters worth, the place is so diverse :tu

gallery_1951_1093_1148946.jpg

gallery_1951_1093_394086.jpg

gallery_1951_1093_1160345.jpg

gallery_1951_1093_1000518.jpg

gallery_1951_1093_1341805.jpg

gallery_1951_1093_357863.jpg

If I knew how to identify the goodies I would collect them :)

Peace.

Silent.

Nice playground SB. Shroom identification is a royal pain IME and O. Had some luck, but also a close call in Norcal. Sad part is I had help in making the mistake: from an "expert."

When in doubt, it's simply not worth it. But on that note, the conditions there look perfect for inoculating a patch that you will know ahead of time. Something to keep in mind at least. Too bad it's probably not safe for a guerrilla plant or two.

General neat thread bump included gratis.

Be well all,

O_S

Some pics of the Big Island of Hawaii ;)

What a trip..sun, rain, surf, amazing food and family and friends. Welcome to my home and hope you enjoy the pictures :lol:

gallery_850_526_80825.jpg

gallery_850_526_109244.jpg

gallery_850_526_123229.jpg

gallery_850_526_98856.jpg

gallery_850_526_12148.jpg

gallery_850_526_41927.jpg

peace and happy vibes

Some pics of the Big Island of Hawaii ;)

What a trip..sun, rain, surf, amazing food and family and friends. Welcome to my home and hope you enjoy the pictures :lol:

I did, I do! Thank you!

Dat's my yard, brah. ;)

Lemme return da favor.

1st, my friends;

gallery_2842_1599_109881.jpg

Den, a self portrait.;

gallery_2842_1599_566484.jpg

Stoner bee on Pomegranate;

gallery_2842_1599_123171.jpg

Last, my shy, banana mama;

gallery_2842_1599_29402.jpg

peace and happy vibes

Mahalo nui fo' da eyecandy y'all.

Hope you enjoy dese.

Aloha,

Wee Zard

I made a short hike (5 mile round trip) last week to Longs Pass in the central Cascade mountains of Washington state.

gallery_1613_1134_512008.jpg

gallery_1613_1134_435757.jpg

gallery_1613_1134_968096.jpg

Mount Stuart, the tallest non-volcanic peak in the state:

gallery_1613_1134_1170169.jpg