•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

island

Enjoying the day...

Cool pics Truth!! I want to plant some herb in those fields.. :smoke I love seeing the seasons change out that way. My buddy went to vermont and I was just blown away by the pics.

Coool Weezard! Those gecko are cool :wacko: I like the colors..we used to catch the jackson chameleons as kids for fun and let them go. I miss seeing banana leaf in the back yard :smoke The small river banana's are hard to beat!! so sweet tasting and make good lumpia when fried.

Beautiful pics trippin..Washington state looks beautiful. Then we got to seattle and i couldn't see shit out the window..mean cloud bank eh? I was on my way to alaska. I want to go back one day..only hear great things about it.

Nice bud!! mmmmm sweet skunk

got some pics from up north i'll throw up later..tried hitting the trout and didn't catch a damn thing :)

Oh, the snow. I grew up in a lot of it, (east coast) and now never have it. (the west coast - 1/2 mile from the beach) I miss it for about a week/winter..then again, that's probably the amount of time, out of the year, I'd be willing to live in it ;) Beautiful pictures all.

I have to admit that the snow is pretty. I feel so lucky now that I can just sit in the house and look out at it.

Oh ja, Maveric ,i know exactly what you think..there is nothing better,sitting near to the tiled stove and watch the falling snow through the window.... ;)

but hey, RobotDino ,it sounds not very bat to me ,living a few hundred meters away from the beach..... ;)

These days, my "back yard" is the beach. I've lived here for nearly 9 years and will be quite sad when we leave. My boys were born here, and love the beach.

A sunny afternoon at the beach:

gallery_2948_1739_315746.jpg

After a big storm the beaches are covered in foam. The tumultuousness of the big waves "churns" up all the organic matter in the water and makes foam out of it.

gallery_2948_1739_167586.jpg

It is quite common to have pockets of rain on the coast. It will literally be raining in the front yard and not the back. (silly temperate rainforest that the Oregon Coast is) Where I was standing, it was dry, but a mile or two off shore it was pouring, but the sunset was poking through.

gallery_2948_1739_69901.jpg

My kids (boys 7 & 2) at sunset.

gallery_2948_1739_255359.jpg

gallery_2948_1739_315746.jpg

....nice place !!

i´m just thinkin about changing our locations a few weeks ;) ;)

ps: You never got snow there?

nice Pix,RobotDino

At the Oregon Coast's coldest, we'll get freezing rain more than anything. In the nine years I've been here, only one have I seen snow on the coast highway (about 7 inches for 3 hours - then it all melted when it turned to rain). Now, four miles inland on top of the mountains is a different story...

Where are you in the EU - I'd love to change for a few weeks. You can stay at my place and I'll stay at yours! ;)

.....Where are you in the EU - I'd love to change for a few weeks.... ;)

I´m in eastern Germany,not far from Czech Border....

Our local flora - first up, Amanita mushrooms:

gallery_2948_1739_283191.jpg

Most of our trees are covered in moss and ferns of some sort, this one has mushrooms to boot:

gallery_2948_1739_303438.jpg

Finally a spider web of a spotted orb weaver, taken at night during a rain storm:

gallery_2948_1739_82382.jpg

Really is pretty saxo. However I am so happy it is there and not here.

ja,i´m with you,robot & mav

it really sucks!! everything slowed down...shopping takes twice of time....the traffic,can´t find parkinglots.....,the fckng snow is piled up everywhere.....

usualy we have this frosty temps & amounts of snow in january/february.....hope,it does´nt stay till march

it´s nice,to spent holidays in southern regions turing wintertime,but i can´t imagine christmass without frost and snow.... :)

:smoke

Glad to see this thread still going :)

Also seeing more members participate is super cool..keep them coming guys and gals.

All pics are just beautiful Everyone!

I have some scenery to add here but I'll start it off with some pizza!!

gallery_850_526_123493.jpg

gallery_850_526_105663.jpg

gallery_850_526_204917.jpg

I make the dough the day before..been really into making bread last few months..

It is not my recipe but the guy who shared it with me and others is a nice guy..I'll check with him to make sure its all good to post it here.

I will post the recipe here so you guys can give it a try :)

Cool part is its all in grams..works out for our euro friends :smoke

peace and happy vibes to you all

:)

I'm not much of a pizza eatter myself, but Island that even makes me crave a slice of that one.

Getting ready to do battle in my back yard

gallery_2976_1765_4521004.jpg

Checking out the ladies first

gallery_2976_1765_4177734.jpg

These two did battle for about 45 minutes before disappearing over the ridge

gallery_2976_1765_177137.jpg

The big guy finally noticed me about 150 yards away

gallery_2976_1765_2104578.jpg

The sound of their racks was awesome to listen to

gallery_2976_1765_2408841.jpg

Thanks Mav,

This happens all the time up here in the foothills. I wish I could have gotten a pic of the family of Bobcats that hung out here this summer. Today we got hammered by a snowstorm. Quiet and Beautiful.

Have a great New Year