•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Oscar Milde

Milde's back outside...

Every time anyone says great job I get Tim and Eric flashbacks lol. But yeah,gonna try keep those porcupines on their toes I rate

So the porcupines have been back with a vengeance, but 3 of them are still untouched. My last DC is recovering very nicely, kinda hoping its a male so I can make some crosses. Have almost finished the fence to protect my next batch of seedlings. Not expecting a huge yield this year because of all the animal damage, but gonna start prepping for my next grow early and build big fences this time for each plant...

Peace and Love

Milde

What are these porcupines doing to do that damage? Do the eat them or what?

Yeah they bite the branches off close to the main stem, sometimes they eat them, sometimes they just let them fall. They eat entire plants if they are 30cm's tall or so. I think there is a nest behind my house

No dude I'm not hey, nature does its thing and I'm okay with that. I'll be smoking dank bud regardless! I actually like the porcupines, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem, I'd just hunt them lol. ;)

Actually I guess I was wondering if there was anything that you could put out or plant that they would like better. or if they were just destructive? It does sound like they are just destructive.

...sounds like a good idea,MBP!!

piss/-shit from predators (lion,leopard or hyena) should keep them away,i guess

good luck

Jackberry trying to recover after getting eaten bare:

gallery_1154_1651_75886.jpg

A kush also trying to come back:

gallery_1154_1651_28569.jpg

Tropical affie X heri, got munched once about 1.5 months ago but came back really nice:

gallery_1154_1651_199395.jpg

DC x Northerns vegging nicely:

gallery_1154_1651_175900.jpg

Plants:

gallery_1154_1651_120780.jpg

Pure Deep Chunk, might be a male, would be very pleased if it is, gonna be making seeds with it either way:

gallery_1154_1651_165060.jpg

gallery_1154_1651_23012.jpg

gallery_1154_1651_10241.jpg

nice plants, very healthy and green !! thanks for sharing, wishing ya good luck for the flowering stage

peace

jeffman

Well done Mr. Milde!

That leaf from the Deep Chunk is amazing!

Glad to see the porcupines are being kept at bay.

Peace

They are looking nice OM. Looks like you have fencing around them now. I have a circuit that spend it's winter near me and ave found that the manure from there does keep varmints out of the garden. I have also bought urines from companies that sell to trappers and those scents worked as well. I think if those were my plants and I had the problem with critters that you do I would use the fence plus a scent. Best of luck mate.

Thanks for the concern friend! All is okay, the babies have been recovering a little, less attacks, had a bit of a plague of stink bugs but thats over now. The pure DC did turn out to be male, very excited to pollinate a couple things with it!!

Good to hear Om.. what are you feeding them? did you just gooi them in the trned up ground or did you mix your coir blend in? they seem to be doing well, you cant compare pot grown to ground grown.

peace.

m

been feeding them worm tea, bat guano and some aact here and there. Also adding worm castings with worms to the tops of pots pretty often. 1 plant showed heavy deficiencies so I fed it a little orchid food, all good now. The plants in pots were actually the same size as the ones in the ground, they just got eaten a vast amount more and had to come back from having about 5 leaves each lol.

Mmmmm

Nice place, nice pics, nice vibes ... hehe i just could'n't ask more.

Thanks ;)

cant wait for 2011 ' run ;)

ok i edit .. ^^

I meant

" I cant wait for 2011' pics" ;)

nathalie