•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

cushpak

!550w of CFL! Perpetual Grow Cab

Well alot has happened since the last update the girls are growing into the lights and I broke one of the AK's tops by accident:( I had alot of adjusting to do because a few girls got burned a little. On a positive note they are growing fast. I went and picked up some PH test strips and found my water out the tap was 8.4! after nutes it was 7.2. This is what I have been feeding my girls! :) I also picked up some Jobe's organic spikes 2-7-4. I will now be all organic! :tu: I will only be watering with ph adjusted water and mollasses every other watering. fish emulsion also as they ask. I am excited that I will not be using nasty chemicals anymore i can tell a major difference in my current smoke from that of my all organic grows I have done in the past.

You can see the 3 KF and EL on the front row...

gallery_2657_1541_2166141.jpg

You can see 1 of the 3 tops on the Indica AK Pheno broken here....

gallery_2657_1541_743364.jpg

gallery_2657_1541_554433.jpg

buds are developing nicely in the rear of cab

gallery_2657_1541_1191344.jpg

Looks awesome my friend... You are doing them proud!

Ain't it a GREAT hobby??

Be careful. stay safe

Thanks, yes it is. I am saddened and sorry to hear of your recent misfortune. Hopefully America will change it's law to be more lenient. It's such a wonderful plant. I wish you best of luck in your outcome. Peace and Jah Bless

ere's a few shots of the largest cola of my first harvested mexi-bagseed lady. She has a decent flavor and gives a nice buzz. It weighed dry at 3g. The plant in all gave 7g's. This is the 1st and smallest of any in the cab. It's only 4 grams below my avg yield per plant needed in order to achieve .4g per watt. I think I'm on track to dialing everything in. Hope that wasn't confusing.:tu: Now which way will I enjoy it???? So many choices......... :)

gallery_2657_1541_1595571.jpg

gallery_2657_1541_835519.jpg

gallery_2657_1541_1379685.jpg

gallery_2657_1541_447350.jpg

Looks tasty to me. Though I'm a sucker for the unknown strain grows. In reality I shouldn't really call that unknown. Most of the time there is little surprise in a brick weed seed (obtained from the same sources) and plenty of people grow them out.

The dwarfism involved with this one is something you can expect to happen across the board in some ways of course. There are always a few atavistic throwbacks and slackers in the gene pool.

Since it was a little hard to determine, are you moving/changing the position of the plants to optimize your light penetration when you do the watering, or striving to put them back in the same place? Most CFL flouro setups tend to require more attention to plant placement for optimizing it all in the dial in.

Hoping you can get some T-5's in that thing. I think you'd be surprised on the results in comparison for the same amount of electricity consumed. Initial cost is higher than many for sure, but definitely worth consideration.

Another thing to consider would be the lower wattage (250) CMH bulbs in cool tubes. Considering the fact I've seen that used in a PC case up to that wattage, it is worth the look. There is much to be said for PAR value of a CMH bulb as well as that little something extra from the UV and other spectrum it can scatter around in there.

So many choices. Problem with almost all of them is the need to pony up the funds to experiment and test what suits your methods.

Enjoy,

O_S

Thanks Oddly That explains why the entire first run in general are smaller than the rest of my girls. I do try to rotate and adjust as needed usually every other day. Ideally I would want the T5 setup though due to height restrictions.....

Hey Cushpak,

you´re doing a great job! :lol:

You also can go for the T8-tubes, these are cheaper and are working fine, too!

And you can buy them everywhere in the right colours.

Greets

Torsten

Ello fellow farmers, there hasn't been much to report until now. I found 1 of my mexi-BS wanted to be fruit tree and grow bananas in week 7 of flo..... he/she's D-E-A-D. I found another mexi-BS in week 2 of flo on the other side of a densely populated cab that had no bananas but 2 seedpods forming on the stem...... D-E-A-D

How did this happen? No other girls in the room show any problems....(luckily)

I've checked for light leaks and temp is between 28-30C. The one that had seed pods forming was a one cola plant that was almost decapatated a week ago and was mended with a toothpick brace and recovered....

Anywho, KF #2 is showing the first sign of color ;) it's calyxes are blueish purple tinged in week 3 of 12/12. It also seems to be forming flowers faster yet it's the smallest of the 3. It looks like this will be my keeper plus it's the only one that seems to clone easy. ;):

El monstre is budding faster than the KF#2 and seems to have a nice blueberry smell and clones well... 2nd keeper

I have 3 phenos I've noticed from the AK-48 one is more branchy and indica and smells less fruity more dank and faster and a sativa pheno less branchy light green with more fruit than dank taller and slower in flower and another similar faster sativa pheno that simply reeks of rotten fruit and Stretches like a yoga trainer!!! From what I've read the last one should be the keeper but I'll see.....

Ello fellow farmers, there hasn't been much to report until now. I found 1 of my mexi-BS wanted to be fruit tree and grow bananas in week 7 of flo..... he/she's D-E-A-D. I found another mexi-BS in week 2 of flo on the other side of a densely populated cab that had no bananas but 2 seedpods forming on the stem...... D-E-A-D

How did this happen? No other girls in the room show any problems....(luckily)

I've checked for light leaks and temp is between 28-30C. The one that had seed pods forming was a one cola plant that was almost decapatated a week ago and was mended with a toothpick brace and recovered....

Anywho, KF #2 is showing the first sign of color :P it's calyxes are blueish purple tinged in week 3 of 12/12. It also seems to be forming flowers faster yet it's the smallest of the 3. It looks like this will be my keeper plus it's the only one that seems to clone easy. :lol::

El monstre is budding faster than the KF#2 and seems to have a nice blueberry smell and clones well... 2nd keeper

I have 3 phenos I've noticed from the AK-48 one is more branchy and indica and smells less fruity more dank and faster and a sativa pheno less branchy light green with more fruit than dank taller and slower in flower and another similar faster sativa pheno that simply reeks of rotten fruit and Stretches like a yoga trainer!!! From what I've read the last one should be the keeper but I'll see.....

I have found a potential keeper in my bagseeds shown in the pic which smells kush-like and is flowering as fast if not faster than the famed Ak-48 that supposedly finishes in 48 days.....

@ Torsti

thanks with the help of my new friends here at OG the grow has been a success so far... I am anxious to add some of these T8 lights in the cab as well I think these will help alot in bud production

Hey friends and fellow OG' ers. There has been no other signs of hermies or impregnated plants......

gallery_2657_1541_34647.jpg

Everything has been ok I added supplemental lighting for the tall stretchy sat. AK-48 pheno. It is 3cm from the roof of the cab even though I snapped it's stem 3 times! I vegged them 4 weeks this pheno wasn't topped. I have added 6 AK clones to the flower cab the ind pheno will need to veg alil longer in the future while the sat can be flowered at 9-13 cm. I will no longer top clones that I add and I will be using 3L pots as well in order to have a perpetual SOG...

she is in the far right corner the smelliest of the AK's...(couldn't stop her from getting burned by the lights) :lol:

gallery_2657_1541_1880.jpg

Indica AK I'm anxious to see how she fills out likely to be a heavier yielder more earthy pine smell while the 2 sat pheno smell of sour fruit.....

gallery_2657_1541_650516.jpg

My El Monstre is doing well and looks to be a fast finisher. Her fan leave petioles have turned a dark red... but she looks very healthy...... :P:

EM in the middle She took a noobie beating

gallery_2657_1541_1716192.jpg

The KF fem are almost done stretching. (i think) I have 2 colored phenos. ;) 1 purple/red calyxes(faster flower shorter in height) and 1 blueish calyxes (taller more vigorous, slower flower)

I also have what may be a green pheno. I would like to try the green pheno after reading all the smoke reports but I doubt I will keep her ;)

first to show sign of color (sorry shittie cam wont take macro shots)

gallery_2657_1541_613930.jpg

second to show sign of color and most vigorous of all three from seed

gallery_2657_1541_56864.jpg

i will only keep 4 mothers 1 from each strain left due to space constraints

heres some unknown bagseed ;) the burned leaf tips from the lights are a sacrifice to get denser growth...

gallery_2657_1541_1014043.jpg

I have a question about ph. I am confused......

Should I focus on my the ph of my runoff or the ph of nute soultion/water i feed them? I have searched google but in my situation it is confusing....

Hey Cushpack,

if you´re growing on soil, you´ve got no runoff.

The ph is always from what is going into the ground of medium.

If you´re growing on hydro-mediums, you can check the ph of the drain.

A simple picture:

gallery_5351_7538_34026.jpg

Here you can see, at wich ph the nutrients are available voor the plants.

How much power do you´ve got in your blooming-cabinet?

The plants are doing it goed and further on! :lol:

Groetjes

Torsten

Hi Tortsi, :lol:

I will adjust my water instead now. I think the dolomite lime can only buffer so much

I added the 2 T5 34" 21W 830 bulbs for the ones that got taller than my light could reach. I can already see and advantage with this type of bulb. I can imagine what the HO's would do! I also added another cfl splitter for a dim corner.

So now I have 584 Watts in flower cab. This will be the last addition to the cab( temps are 30.2C and 55% humidity when lights on) .... Until I can build my T5 setup ;)

Hello everyone,

Everything has been going well. I gave all the girls a slight flushing yesterday with ph adjusted water of 6.8 They seemed to have appreciated this as I could see a growth spurt already... :smoke

Cloning has been a roller coaster so far but I gave managed to successfully root all 3 AK phenos, KF # 2 (purple) and El Monstre. Here's a few shots of the veg. chamber.

New batch of clones that'll hopefully root.....

gallery_2657_1541_374004.jpg

Males El Monstre (left) AK-48 (right)

gallery_2657_1541_2690675.jpg

Rooted Clones (color coded)

gallery_2657_1541_1400382.jpg

These are my favs,

El Monstre she smells of berrys :)

gallery_2657_1541_162819.jpg

AK-48 indica pheno best yeilder of AK's

gallery_2657_1541_1056430.jpg

Purple Killing Fields She has alil burn from the lights but she'll be fine :smoke

gallery_2657_1541_1822557.jpg

gallery_2657_1541_107481.jpg

It looks like all 3 phenos from the Killing Fields are purple/colored but I'll Keep a closer eye on them

:smoke :wacko:

Looking nice cushpak!

I always love to see successful flouro grows.

It shows the hid snobs what can be done!

Peace

Hello again :smoke

There has been some rearranging for the most part I try not to disturb the girls and stay in their place. There have been some girls who were still stretching and the one of the Sat. phenos was very straggly having outgrown the lights it's main cola was in a "Hot spot" It was fried so bad I had to lob it off and hope for the best If I had an available clone at the moment I would have discarded It and found a "guerilla spot" for her. :) I still may do this :) It was a tad slower from seed than the other phenos as well. She is in a large 2 gallon container that takes up too much space and her buds are very tiny. If she doesn't show improvement within the next week she'll be kicked out of rotation :) I still have another sat. pheno that has a much bigger buds that was also excessively burned by the lights. I have other clones of this pheno that will not get this tall so I won't kick the Entire pheno out just yet...

I am using more and more LST to stop plants from growing into the lights..... :smoke

The other are looking good and filling out nicely.....

gallery_2657_1541_18501.jpg

indica on left sat. AK on right

gallery_2657_1541_214745.jpg

gallery_2657_1541_53413.jpg

more shots

gallery_2657_1541_115056.jpg

purple/red KF#2

gallery_2657_1541_2338945.jpg

gallery_2657_1541_1324734.jpg

Big Blue KF #3

gallery_2657_1541_972499.jpg

El Monstre(in the dimmest corner)

gallery_2657_1541_1520783.jpg

gallery_2657_1541_176830.jpg

@AWAKE

I used to be one of those "snobs" :rofl :wacko:

My previous grows were under 400w HPS/MH

Space limitations and other factors is what lead me to be open to try something different from the norm. HID was my first and of course It'll stay special... :smoke

Other growers using flouros have inspired myself and I hope to do the same. Although "micro" def. is harder. Due to flowering heights and limited space but w/tlc it can be done.

:smoke:

Peace,

CP

Here's a couple shots of the big blue KF......

nice strong stems...

gallery_2657_1541_1840450.jpg

She's all nodes let's hope she yeilds well, I sure hope so.... :)

gallery_2657_1541_1442263.jpg

Hello friends,

Everything is going ok, I am still in the long drawn out process of getting things dailed in and I realize this will take some time given the # of strains and phenos I am running...

KF#2

gallery_2657_1541_1812843.jpg

EL Monstre

gallery_2657_1541_1125966.jpg

KF #3

gallery_2657_1541_2157841.jpg

AK-48 ind.

gallery_2657_1541_209969.jpg

gallery_2657_1541_2601120.jpg

group shot

gallery_2657_1541_1227265.jpg

Hi everyone, well I think my babys maybe a lil sick. The KF all show signs of yellowing on their big fan leaves and I'm worried. They are in week 5-6 of 12/12? Could this be normal Nitrogen deficiency for flowering?

I'm not sure if its Mg, N, or P deficiency. I am only using Jobes organic slow release spikes(2-7-4) I used 2-3 spikes per gallon of soil. The directions say 4 per plant. I'm watering with ph'd water and add molasses every other watering. Every 4 or 5 waterings I add organic chicken manure 8-5-5 OR fish emulsion 5-1-1,Only if a CERTAIN plant looks deficient (also ph adjusted).... I mixed 1/2 to 1 cup of dolomite lime to evry gallon of the soil prior to potting. Could these girls be hungry? I have an AK cutting 2 weeks into flower showing similar signs.... El monstre shows no sign of stress in week 5/6 and has only been fed twice. once w/chicken, once w/fish

I have been monitoring the ph of my water for 17 days now with Aquacheck pool and spa ph/bromine/alkalinity test strips. Total bromine ppm is usually 0 or 1, ph 6.2-7.2, and total alkalinity 80-120 ppm. Any suggestions???? ;) :(: ;)

KF#2 (last KF to show yellowing}

gallery_2657_1541_2004416.jpg

KF #3 (first KF to yellow)

gallery_2657_1541_2972675.jpg

El Monstre (yellow seen in pic is KF #1 behind EM, sorry... )

gallery_2657_1541_361958.jpg

AK clone week 2 12/12

gallery_2657_1541_1389490.jpg

:(

@saxo

thanx, I do believe I have found 2-3 keepers, I can't wait to try out more genetics I've been hearing about but can't make up my mind. Sooo many..... :P

;)

edit:doublepost

After some advice that this should be pretty normal. I've decided watering with plain water a bit more frequently would be best. The ladies are showing slight signs of tip burn from overfeeding now.

The cab is mostly Sativa now..:(

The 3 KF's are taking up most of the cab. I have 3 distinct phenos pink, blue, and purple. The purple pheno is my personal fav. she smells sour. The pink pheno has shown alot of promise as well. She smells fruitier and she's my next fav of the KF's. Big blue took off like a rocket but she is a very finicky sat. It may be my inexperience too blame. I had problems w/the sat pheno AK-48 as well. I have rerun clones from all the AK-48 phenos and I'm glad I did I've only fed plain water since start of 12/12 with spikes and they're very healthy. With the Sat. pheno doing better than the rest of the phenos! ;):confused: So I won't be throwing out any phenos just yet.... I'll wait till I have a bit more experience getting the plants to reach their full potential first.

I have harvested all 3 AK's . They had a great yield, Expanding smoke but not very tasty overall a disappointing smoke. Maybe a nice 2-4 week cure would make a difference in taste and aroma. But I usually can get an idea of where it's going as soon as it's dry ;)

I also plan to give the cab an overhaul soon.... ;)

shot of cab

gallery_2657_1541_2822650.jpg

purple KF & EM

gallery_2657_1541_56527.jpg

pink KF

gallery_2657_1541_144158.jpg

blue pheno(front) purple(rear)

gallery_2657_1541_894200.jpg

AK-48 sat. pheno

gallery_2657_1541_2209420.jpg

Hello friends, today the KF girls are starting week 9 and are finishing nicely.... :)

pink KF

gallery_2657_1541_843722.jpg

AK-48 sat. pheno left KF right

gallery_2657_1541_591812.jpg

gallery_2657_1541_245364.jpg

Blue KF lower budshot

gallery_2657_1541_1711138.jpg

I have harvested El Monstre @ day 59 and tried a bud after hanging to dry and the smoke is excellent. very fruity/berry taste. My wife saysit is the best smoke from our cabbie so far. I can imagine what this will be in a few weeks or more...

gallery_2657_1541_1591687.jpg

Hey Guys I'm very pleased with everything I've harvested so far from Sannies and the most anticipated lady of all is still standing smelling ever so peculiar and taking her sweet sweeeet time. :lol

El monstre is my fav so far obnoxious berry stench and very powerful smoke.. keeper for sure ;)

Although KF was the most vigorous throughout flower she was a bit stunted because of ph fluctuations and overfeeding on my part. She gave the least yield of the three Kf's. Her smoke was a bit dark and spicy tasting

The pink pheno was the heaviest yielding of the Kf's and gave me some sweet fruity light purple buds that are curing now. She tasted a bit more like jack I grew awhile back but a bit fruitier opposing to citric like the jack was. Expands very much. ;)

I am debating on when the purple pheno should be harvested...

Any thoughts guys? I really appreciate the input that is given...

Blue KF

gallery_2657_1541_801815.jpg

purple KF

gallery_2657_1541_710870.jpg

KF and AK48's

gallery_2657_1541_217343.jpg

keeper AK-48 pheno buds all the way down :)

gallery_2657_1541_641746.jpg

hey cushpak,

nice to see your grow. cfl's do have there place & we do what we need to to get buds.

Ok with that said i fell you have enough space to use HID's , you don't have to use big ones though. 70 -250 watts would be what you can do.

your logistics will determine which wattage etc.

ventailation can be handled with cheap fans and smell with smaller filters if need be. to include diy scrubbers that will work easily for your space.

now back to those CFL's if i were going to do them it would be cfl's hanging vertical style between the plants just like you hang a bigger HID vert style to increase light output. only with cfl's it matters more imho to be able to use that light. small reflectors will help of course but are still not going to be able to max out the efficency using those CFL's imho. they also make larger cfl's that really put out some light and don't cost too much. they are 42 watts and really light up/brighten up an area very well. i have use them. price check when shopping for them if you decide to use them, but go with quality ones not the ultra cheap ones.

also those bigger lights that are in a square fixture only cost about 30 bucks. i have used those too and not that hot. the msaller HID'S Awill give you far better light penetration, allow for bigger/better buds and of course increase your yields too. wish you all the best.

check online on micro grows small areas. there are tons of growers who do it very, very well.

here's a link to the CFL'S that are larger and still cheap.

http://www.lightsofamerica.com/Product%20C...20Fixtures.aspx

they are available at diffrent places on/off line so shop for the best prices. there is a typo on the 100 watt bulb , but in the specs it says the cvorrect wattage being 100, not 1000 lol. hope some of this helps you.

Thanks for the advice Sacred. It's funny because I have been thinking the same thing except I was thinking of going with a 400w HPS. Do you think this would be over kill? I was thinking maybe 2 smaller lamps might give me better light coverage. Maybe 2 150w HPs or 2 250's ? :)

I had previously thought about building a T5 system but with so lil info out there I fear It might not be a good idea...

I cannot fit 48" tubes in my cab either which also deterred me from going with T5 or T8's..

I have a DIY carbon scrubber already and temps are high 80F/30C already..

It's weird but because of my height restrictions I cant find a growcab with similar dimensions using HID in any of the forums....

my cab is 49cm deep X 82 cm high X 120cm wide