•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Whazzup

Welcome to smoke reports!

This new forum is dedicated to your smoke reports. In order to keep these topics organized and easy to read and use as a reference, please use the following format for your topic title:

Topic title: Smoke report <name of the strain>

Topic description: <Mother> X <Father>

For example:

Smoke report Anesthesia

Positronics Skunk afghani X Sannies Herijuana

Please illustrate if possible with the bud shots and share your opinion about the looks, the feel, the smell, the taste, the effect and anything else you think is worth mentioning about the experience.

We will possibly come up with a format for it, but until then knock yourself out :)

Very cool,

I am looking forward to a good database of taste smell and effect. I am torn between informality as we are all wasted most of the time we are here online, and standardization so smoke reports can be compared to each other.

The standard longish format with all the check boxes I found a little hard to read, particularly where taste and smell are concerned. I found smells repeated and several missing for starters. Add to that the intangible floral spicy candy like hazy flavor that we cant really pin down, what does this taste like.

For example, I never knew that phenol, the smell of packing tape adhesive, can be found in cannabis. Green KF for example, the green apple and grape one has a phenol undertone.

With this in mind I think we should eventually come to a how-to for judging cannabis with help from any of you who've judged a cup or any other like contest. A tips and tricks of cannabis evaluation thread.

Some day Id like to be a professional smoke reporter, traveling the pot capitals of the world and sampling the local flavor, and giving a review of them.

hey whazzup,

thx. man for making this happen . :)

hey Scone....,

i saw this " With this in mind I think we should eventually come to a how-to for judging cannabis with help from any of you who've judged a cup or any other like contest. A tips and tricks of cannabis evaluation thread. "

and this is what immediately popped up in my mind.

A how to is ok, but must never be written in stone because the folks doing the testing are all very different so far as there tolerance levels, experience, reliability, etc. are concerned.

i the idea of folks who have judged a cup/contest is is basically the same imho. Suppose folks who have judged the cannabis cup in Amsterdam contribute. are we supposed to view them as legit considering the fact that the shit is rigged lol. with the Green house beans bike situation etc.

so said all that to say once we have a decent idea we need to think it through very well if it's supposed to be the benchmark that we judge the Sacred Plant by.

i wrote a simple format for a smoke report that i felt contained the minimum basics that we all agree are relevant when doing a smoke report. I'll try to find it and post it up here to see what members think. i made it simple on purpose to avoid all the check box type formats that seems to be overkill. thx.

The most useful parts of smoke reports for me are the descriptions of the mental and physical effects.

Smell is a secondary consideration--I can get a contact high sniffing broken up bud.

Thanks for the new forum!

Yea we don't want to have a rigid set of rules to follow for what is a cutting edge science.

I like to leave room for people to offer a vivid description of the experience.

Here is something I found helpful in identifying taste and smells.

gallery_833_383_419.jpg

This chart is for wine tasting, but it covers allot of tastes and smells and relates them in groups.

Even with this I fond myself smelling household items berries and fruit to get the idea.

Another thing I have been leaving out of my own is what we feed the plants> For example I use molasses, and I know that effects the taste. I also don't trim the plants until they hang dry, and this also effects the taste.

The kind of thing I'm trying to glean from other contests is what they tick off and why. Ive looked at what regular flower judges use as well as wine tasters. Those are two sorta related areas. As this hobby becomes more socially and legally acceptable worldwide, we will eventually have legitimate standards and practices like any other industry.

The effects the high or whatever we call it. This is a very interesting area as well. The quality of the high varies a great deal from one strain to the next and even between phenotypes. And not just more sat more kush either, there's a whole range of effects that happen at different levels to create a wide range of sensations.

This is far more complex than wine.

hey scone,

really nice find dude thx. for sharing that. combining that with the tastes featured in the book of buds #1 i feel would most likely cover everything that the sacred plant could taste like maybe.