•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Yggdrasil

What would be the best Sannie strains for small scale breeding?

Trying to figure out what varieties sannie offers that would have the widest variance among them for a small scale breeding project... Was leaning towards killing fields, but am as of yet unsure, already have a few varieties, just trying to sate a curiosity. Put this in micro fluoro as it will be done in a very small scale 2 cab op...

Thanks in advance

Ygg

Trying to figure out what varieties sannie offers that would have the widest variance among them for a small scale breeding project... Was leaning towards killing fields, but am as of yet unsure, already have a few varieties, just trying to sate a curiosity. Put this in micro fluoro as it will be done in a very small scale 2 cab op...

Thanks in advance

Ygg

Breeding is out of my league, I just let the folks here do that for me :no

Out of 2 runs with Killing Fields, I have already had 4 different phenotypes. That is with 5 seeds, and 4 turned out to be female. If your looking for variance, it is definitely there!

His most stable strain is obviously the Sannies Jack F6.

I think they all have the potential in every way , the plants are the best unique genetics assured, here's a little example of a trait that I noticed alot of them carry a trait known as Polyploidism, a good trait which is a positive mutation for more flowers, I read that its a unique genetic so that is promising I would have thought,!. I'm not entitely clued up about Triployd and Polylpoyd, but it seems a positive trait to have to be passed down in breeding.

So basically when in bloom the plant will bud and spit as many flower clusters were ever possible, even in between the leaf bracts, so unique look out for it if lucky !.Thats why also I think sometimes we get a bud growing out of a cannabis leaf :no , which is another trait passed down which I think Polyploidism is to do with ?, yet again its just a guess but it makes sense unless somebody wants to put me right ;) ;)

Polyployds

GreetZ Bodderas ;)

I think the problem with polyploidy is that it is not necessarily a genetic trait and can disappear during subsequent mating (if the polyploid individual is fertile in the first place, which a lot aren't)

Commonly polyploidy is induced by some environmental condition, depending on how this is done would affect the likelihood of the polyploid trait being passed. For instance if (and this is pure speculation) a single gene controls ploidy, and this gene becomes mutated causing polyploidy, this should be a genetically heritable trait (again as long as the individual is fertile). If on the other hand the environmental condition screws up the mechanics of meiosis (ie a plant is treated prior or subsequent to pollination) then this won't be heritable, or at least it will produce a variety of ploidy progeny (ie not stable polyploid production)

I might be wrong, but this is my crude understanding of polyploidy in plants.

Does anyone know if there are any recorded stable and fertile polyploid cannabis strains? And how was this determined?