•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

The Joker

Joker's Grow Lounge

@Joker, the SJ I ran were not stretchers at all. They grew more indica like, than I would have thought. I had them in coco and they got at least 3 weeks of veg and they ended up less than a meter untopped, but done under Mh for the first 3-4 week of 12/12. Good hazy taste but I were not the biggest fan of the high.

Then again I know the perception of a good high is a very personal thing, where debate is pointless. I think that wisdom really sank in, when debating D vs. 4. Thats kind of an added benefit of sharing clones. You kind of figure out whose taste is more similar to your own, I have smoked stuff other were raving about, which were pretty average or weak to me and vice versa.

On the CR, I would say, one of the phonos I had, were stronger and more numbing (when no tolerance had been build) in the body and brain than Chem D or the White. One of the few ones where sitting is required after a bong head. The taste were so full of power and flavors that it so far, it remains the most interesting cannabis I have ever grown.

Satyr

Soopy- Thanks I love the Jack. I wish you better luck in your next attempt

Joker- From seed my jack didnt stretch that bad at all, she should do well 12/12 from seed.I would top her early and she will reward you with a nice bushy plant. From clone she can get a little more out of hand with the stretch. I just had one go absolute haywire, lol.

Satyr- The buzz is always subjective,but its always good to expand the palate so we can try and recognize the subtleties in the same/different varieties. Especially in cannabis my trash might be the next guys holy grail. The CR sounds like a winner, some real exotic.

Hey Joker, I cruise by here occasionally, and that daggone Purple bud in your first post is WORLD CLASS!!!! I meant to say that before, if I didnt....I gotta start subscribing to more threads so I know where Ive friggin been! Firing up some Double Koosh to chill in your room for a few! :j

Damn Fuzz, your forcing me to buy more SJ seeds.

I didn't get much stretch (maybe 1x) from the f6 version, either. SJ is a well-behaved sativa, but still gives large yields.

Cherry Pie Kush ( San Francisco area strain)... Grand Daddy Purple x Durban Poison x OG Kush

gallery_312_1070_3875433.jpg

gallery_312_1070_1137192.jpg

gallery_312_1070_2862822.jpg

gallery_312_1070_1998628.jpg

Tahoe OG

gallery_312_1070_4766681.jpg

Grape Krush Male x Blueberry Sativa from DJ Short.... planted one tester and got a girl!

gallery_312_1070_4102270.jpg

Damn, that is some tasty looking stuff you got going there. I'd wish you luck, but I don't think you need it. :)

Whoa! Was that Cherry Pie Kush pollenated or do the calyxes swell like that even when there's no seed in them?

Good thing I can still type with my jaw on the floor, lol!

Amazing! Good god, look at the colors...... Great job man. Looks like you got some good weight off the CP? And that BBS x GK looks beautiful and healthy as can be to boot.

Great work Joker, thank you for taking the time out of your busy life to show us what you have going on. Inspiring to say the least.

Any more GK crosses knocking around over there?

Thanks again man, great buds!

Wrecks: Thanks

Mr. Dirt: nope that's just how it looks.

Soopy: Thanks!

They are a bit underwatered. Busy but happy.

I do have Grape Krush x The White, Pure Kush, Blueberry Sat and Cherry Pie Kush.

I'm hoping the GK will improve the White in the flavor dept.

Just wanted to see how the blueberry cross would turn out. You never know.

I have some very old and expensive dj Blueberry seed I need to pop. Bought them in 06.

Wish I could grow outdoor but no way now. Too risky.

I have been smoking some of the best White I have ever had, my buddy has dialed it in and has a super strong funk that I have never noticed on it before. I think it smells like old-man body odor. Not bad, kinda nice but funky, lol. I think that the White really shines through as a blank canvas as it were, bringing a nice/good stone and an impressive flower set with crazy density. It allowed the Fire OG to shine through (Wifi) and I would imagine it might give some super chunked-out Grape Krush phenos, and produce some complex and rich flavors. One way to find out.........lol.

I have just picked up a Blue Dream clone to dust with some Chocolate Rain pollen for a DJ Short rich cross. BD( Santa Cruz Haze x DJ Blueberry) x CR( Chocolope x Coco Kush). Gotta use this CR pollen that is in my fridge before it goes bad.

Oh and nice Tahoe OG by the way. She doesn't put out the largest buds but they sure do reek and they pack a punch. She looks great man, nice job.

wup Joker & co., i'll have to back track this thread a bit, but for now will just say a couple of things. 1st. them's sun right pretty flower u got there joker. seems your karma is still going strong, getting that female from 1 seed. congrats. ok so a small update on that last little girl. she took a turn for the worse a couple of days ago and i don't think she'll survive to be tossed outside to fend for herself. a few cold nights in a row didn't allow her to dry out properly so roots were gtteing no air. i dumped her and added some dry medium but she's just about done form thesahpe of the few remaining leaves. i barely looked at her lately cause i have been mentally caught up trying to get my life together off line. still she has a fond place in my heart cause she helped me stay postive about dealing with ethe sacred plant for waaaay longer then i thought possible. her breatheren seeds will be a joy to pop when the time comes for sure. ok moveing along i want to go back to an issue i raied about bennificla bacteria and how it affects the plants. i saw in a thread by butcher bob where he did a side by side using pro mix with and pro mix without the mycorrhizal fungi. "...and I wanna see if there is much difference than using soil that has not bin inoculated with the mycorrhizal fungi. So I took two similar clones, of four different strains...one will be planted in regular Pro-Mix BX, the other in the Mycorise Pro. Both groups will git Ionic nutrients as they flower. In the following pics, the regular BX is on the left, and the Myco is on the right. " thread is here https://tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=31562 under Test Grows: 2009/2010 season: btw i have never seen anyones info so consolidated and easy to access. mucho props to Butcher Bob for making the effort to do so and of course sharing it too. take a look and you folks will be impressed me thinks. So even though i know that beneficials do help the sacred plant. the idea that such a brief life for most of them got stuck in my craw spo to speak, and to be honest the issue is still stuck there. B. Bob's thread just made it resurface. that's why i asked how long it takes to affect the plant. joker said immediately here, but i took that with a grain of salt cause anything that has to grow takes some time be it quick, slow, or somewhere inbetween. So with all that said i'D LIKE to ask a favor of all u folks who like to expreiment with the sacred plant to know it and grow it better. do your own small side by side with & with out beneficials. treat them and grow them the same other then that one diffrence and repot back to me/us all. I'm betting that because different growers use various brands of beneficilas there should be a good bit of variation based on what you use and how you use them. If any of you folks are up to that type of challenge please let me know and i'll start a thread just to keep track of what you all have to report on the issue. if not then at least i tired lol, no harm & no foul. peac and thx.

p.s. joker when u gonna test the GDP x U.C. , i know u have the skills to give it a true and legit test effort; i also know u have your hands full now lol.

I love when a strain does that. It seems to increase bud density. That bud, 3 pics down looks like you could pop some seeds right out of it.

SPW: Butcher Bobs experiment will fail for two reasons: the Pro Mix both with Mycchos and DE or whatever the fungus gnat stuff in it doesn't work. I got thrips and gnats using it. The mycchos also were negligible. Who knows how the bales are stored and how old they are.

In addition , when I've used mycchos with ferts, they need to be replenished WEEKLY. The Humboldt nute a+b uses them this way.

I use a great white soil drench weekly for Chem ferts and biweekly for Organics in small pots ( 3 gallons or less).

No need for a side by side as I've seen the difference myself.

I also sprinkle great white into the soil everytime I up pot and even soak clones in it.

An interesting side note. I've always flushed for a smoother smoke. But last few rounds of organics, the smell diminished greatly in the last week. So this time , I kept feeding. Guess what ? Smell was intense!!! Blueberry, finally dialed in!!!

So organics does work with a much longer veg, and a much bigger pot and a lot more training. It's actually more work, but the screw up factor is nil. You really have to fuck up to ruin an organic grow.

The tabs need supplements in flower for flavor, yield and smell. I started using General Organics half strength because I could see and smell the difference in the side by side. I know their is Bac bloom etc, so I just used the GO and saw an incredible difference. I'm sure a good compost tea weekly would work in a big tub, but for smaller pots, you need to keep something up.

Thats interesting indeed Joker. I've heard from a few who grow organic and they say there is no need for a flush.

But others who say flush no matter what.

I have heard the same things DOL, they wouldnt get a "flush" in nature is a common argument against it. Nice work Joker, how does the no flush BB taste?

I agree, why flush organic? What are you trying to flush away? Generally speaking, there is very little salt buildup in organic grow and that's simultaneously the idea behind having a rich soil life.

I need to read up on the humic acid I seen you use, it seems like a good way of finishing a cycle and leaving a healthy soil that can be recycled.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone. Diatomic Hummus rocks but there is only one place in the Bay Area that sells it so I'm trying General Organics Diamond Black to see how it works. Here's a link for Diatomic Hummus http://www.gobiodiversity.com/gardening/index.html

Sadly, this will be my last blueberry run for a while... Going back to Chemdog D. While my wife thinks it's her favorite as well, it's an acquired taste.

Just had a Q& A session with the only large scale grower I know. His Cherry Pie buds are as big as my Blueberry colas. He has two grows... 1 is 40K and the other is 30K. The difference in bud size is insane. His Pure Kush and Blueberries were insanely large. He increased yield on the Cherry Pie going hydro, but lost some smell. He tossed me a sack of small side buds that are as big as my colas. Says he's got some new things for me to try... never heard of any of them. Can't even remember the names, one sounded like the name of a book crystal something.

I love the D, just need to get it going. So... we'll see.

Been smoking Cherry Pie and it is really , really pleasant to smoke. Would like to grow some Sannies Jack and Chocolate Rain just for the taste. I think Sannie's Jack x Tahoe OG would be a nice combo of lemon flavors.

yeah cherry pie is pretty good smoke. the girl scout cookies strain (cherry pie lineage) i just got done growing the last 2 runs is also real good. its the super hype rage up in the bay area right now. its good but not "THAT THAT" good. just my opinion. i like a strain with a more sharp taste. thats why i have some other things being bred with it as we speak.

good looking buds too joker, that GK X BB has the makes of being a good mouthwatering strain too!!!!

Does your buddy with the large grows have trouble getting rid of his Blueberry? I would love to see a whole 10-15k lit room of PK, just tables full of it! I have heard of a strain called Crystal Trident that is around Norcal. Seems like your buddy has some good taste in strains, not a bad person to have tossing cuts at you, lol.

You cannot go wrong with Chem D. It moves all day long and is one of those meds that some people have been looking for their whole life, one that seemingly fixes all their ills. I would suggest the White if you still have it, that is another one that moves well from my experience.

I had some wax that was a Jack Herer x SFV OG that was fantastic, I would imagine that the possible phenos from a union of the Tahoe and Jack would be awesome! Especially given the Tahoes deep, earthy pine funk.

4F: I like the Cherry Pie... it's not too strong, so I don't feel like a space cadet and can function at work. I'm happy to have it.

Inkog: Thanks! I hope to make some crosses with it.

Soopy: He's only running two tables with it right now and he wants to see how it goes. He just pulled his first harvest at 8 weeks and the second is getting cut down at 9. He loves the PK and killed his mom, so I have to get it back to him. He's got a couple of cuts he wants me to try. His words were you have to try this. Crystal something and the other was like Sour Headband or some Headband cross. I took some of his advise and it seems to be working, but, I'm going to run the D and the Cherry Pie. I may switch from CP to Pure Kush, we'll see. He liked the White, and I can get it back from him. I asked him to smoke it first. For me, the white was so similar to Chemd, but I like Chemd more. It's the taste. I've smoked the White grown better than I did so I know it can get some flavor. Fat Freddy sent me a sample a few years ago that was amazing.

I was visiting a local collective and got to sample some bud a patient brought it. Nirvana no less. It was called Black Jack: Black Domina x Jack Herer. Superb weed, and very strong. Smelled good, nice taste. He gave me a fat bud to try. We smoked it last night and it was excellent. Don't put down Nirvana, they've got some good strains. I looked it up, it's 25 Euro ( 33 Dollars). http://www.nirvanash...k-10-seeds.html

* edit... we were stoned. My wife rolled two joints, one Cherry Pie with a little Blackjack and one black jack. The joint I thought was excellent was the Cherry Pie mix . I smoked the Black Jack later and it was just ok flavorwise, but very strong on the stone level. Still , nice looking buds , slightly purple, dense.

wup joker and gang,

thx for your revealing words on pro mix. ur explanation makes sense why BUCTHER BOBS experiments showed no real difference.

with that said i'm i have questions based on what you said " when I've used mycchos with ferts, they need to be replenished WEEKLY "

so if they are dieing each week and need to be replenished they only live for less then 1 week. at that rate how the heck can they make much of a difference in such a short time spread out over the life of the plant?

is it because enough of then survive to make a difference. i just don't want to invest in anything that doesn't make a significant difference. knowing that i have seen so many grows with awesome results that don't use them at all. i don't mind spending coin but it has to be for something i can justify by the results you dig.

joker it was good to here you finally dialed in that BB taste with it's awesome flavor i'd say the effort was worth it . your mention of the difference in bud size is exactly why i'll get to 1k lights eventually.

So with that said, i spoke to a prospect today about doing something. i told this cat only way i'd do it was if i got $500 up front for myself, that way if he bails out and just wants to use my complete equipment i wouldn't mind a bit. it's the only way to instill a serious attitude and nip bullshit in the bud lol.

he will have a decent house to do it in etc. etc. we'll see what happens when i sample some of the West VA. bud he says he has access too.

btw i'm not counting on anything i will beweed it when i see it only. u never know it might work out. he has a good job and if he don't get locked up and stays out of trouble we could do some good things.

i only want to hang around long enough to get my own spot and then go from there. i laid it all out to him and he didn't have any issues with anything i said. he also knows the penalty for screwing me over lol.

i ran into some recently and though it wasn't as good as the BB hash it was worth the coin i paid for it. it took 3.5 months to get here and the dude that made it possible is already in the states. slow arrival is better then no arrival that's for sure. the rest of the puff was adulterated as usual, so disappointed as usual.

the hash was black outside and chocolate inside. i only got 2.1 grams of it but happy to know it's not that zoom zoom style weed that has flooded this area and shows no signs of receding. growing ones own is not to be taken for granted in this type of climate that's for sure.

lastly anyone know a reliable source for some potent autos like in the ak47 stuff please let me know. i could put autos damn near anywhere in a bag and let the sun do the rest. yall take care, i'll be back more often as my other computer spot goes back to a normal schedule.