•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Shoeless

Extrema Grow

First of all, after bouncing around all the sites out there, this has to be friendliest, most helpful board going. Thanks to Sannie and everyone else that has made this possible. Back to business.

Currently I have six Extremas at 21 days of veg. Unless others suggest otherwise, I will be growing them in SCROG or LST. They will be flowered in a 30"W x 22"D x 40"H home made cab with 32 cfls @ 1600 lumens per bulb for 51,200 total lumens. This cab (and 2 smaller) are being cooled by a 6" 424 cfm inline fan. The cab is lined with mylar.

I am using the FF trio of nutes but have been looking to go all organic if it is cost effective. I have had excellent results under less than stellar conditions (previous cab designs and inexperience), so I hope to use that as a basis for my quest. Yield is not as important as quality as my grows are only for me and a couple close friends.

I have no pics to post, but I can tell you that all 6 were topped above the 4th node yesterday. All in all, not to exciting yet. Once the screen starts to fill things should pick up.

Last night I scratched in some EWC and watered it in. My first step to an organic grow. All are healthy, with 2 being taller, 3 mid sized, and 1 squat. Hard to concentrate right now...just had a Cindy wake and bake.

This is my first go at using EWC and all i can say is WOW. The youngsters are really taking off. I got a 50# bag of alfalfa pellets to make tea with and will be picking up the rest of my amendments to make the switch to full organic. I love this hobby.

So it's been a while. I vegged for 43 days and moved to flower on 3/31. I have been doing a light LST on them and they are taking to it nicely. Sexing these has been an exercise in patience. There are no balls or obvious hairs showing anywhere, but there are a few pale green "hairs" on a few. Can anyone tell me if the preflowers on extrema are pale green?

Some i had were very hard to see until I started seeing little topps, so should see something shortly. :P

Hi

I'm interested in Extrema and I have two wishes:

- Pictures

- Understandable units (give us metrics + rather watts than lumens)

not to be an ass,but 32 cfls??? Where do u plug em all in? A 600 watt bulb would give as many if not more lumens and only 1 plug

To each his own i guess...

you will be happy with the end results i was able to sample a bit of extrema and man did i enjoy it :P

good luck and keep us posted

we want pics lol :P

Reddog3000 - ID'ed 2 females and 1 male last night. Gonna wait to pull males after all have show sex.

ledm8 - Pictures will be coming a bit later. No camera at my disposal. My total watts of cfl in flower are 732.

Indican - No worries. It is definitely overkill with the bulbs. Tight on cash so I used what I had on hand to increase light in flower cab. I deconstructed an old rubbermaid box and used the light bar to add to flowering cab. I used 4 and 5 outlet light bars (like over a bathroom sink) mounted side by side and then have Y connectors in each. I then have Y connectors to each of them except for a couple. The light bars are wired together and have one cord running from them. The lighting unit is hung by chains so I can adjust height as required. I know I can be more efficient with my lighting choice, but I'll live with it for now.

To all, thank you for your comments and input. I can definitely learn a lot from this board and look forward to tweaking my setup to get maximum results.

This is a example of the two main phenos i had one with stretch and bigger buds one with less stretch and different bud structure more leaf.Both similar taste and stupid power :P gallery_2909_1912_3473929.jpg

This is a example of the two main phenos i had one with stretch and bigger buds one with less stretch and different bud structure more leaf,both similar taste and stupid power :P gallery_2909_1912_3473929.jpgThis was taken at 6.5 weeksgallery_2909_1912_612051.jpggallery_2909_1912_1029412.jpgReal Deal :P fire!!!

Had a girl last night. Up to 3 now with 1 male and a possible male. Last one is shy. The male is compact, the females are about 3" taller.

Reddog3000 - what was the trich ratio on the 6.5 lady?

Another girl! 5 of 6 are young ladies, so I should have a pretty full box in the coming weeks. Would it be too late to repot if I am at day 7 of flower? I didn't have the space to do it before the switch and wanted to wait until I culled the males.

I have done it before,but that is a little stress on the girlys,but they should be ok. :o

I have stressed extrema pretty good in my first run and didnt have any herm problem so from my experience extrema is pretty solid.

The girls were repotted on 4/10 and are loving their new home. I am doing scrog on 2 and LST on the others due to space constraints. LST has been happening from the beginning, but the SCROG only started at repot. I know I started late (9 days into flower), but I want to move towards SCROG and figured I might as well get my hands dirty now. So, when should I start SCROG on Extrema? Should I top her for more side branching or let it grow naturally?

I will have pics soon so you can see were I am at, I just haven't had the time or remember to have camera with me.

This is what I will be growing in after I clear space in my cabs. I lined it with landscaping fabric so it should act like a big airpot, I hope. It is 16x13x10

gallery_3221_1986_2413.jpg

The girls are at 32 days of 12/12. One is very stretchy, 1 short and 3 the same. Flowers are filling in nicely and frosting up. These are my first attempt at an all organic grow and the results are looking good to me. I have a cannacopia Government Mule in with them that is at 61 days with amber heads beginning to show. I don't know if the GM tends to be purple but mine is. Could be because of cool nights though.

gallery_3221_1986_708969.jpg

I have other pics in my gallery but I screwed up and they need to be rotated. I'll fix later.

Yup , The one in the middle had a cool purple color to is, I dig that!!!

Nice man good luck