•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Focal_x_issues

Nutrient Formulas

I wanted to create a spot where everyone that has found a nutrient fomulation that works for them, could share and give some details that might help others find the best nutrient program that works for themselves. It would be nice if you could specify what brand and line up you use, what medium, the technique used for water/nutrient application.

At the moment I am using GH flora series drain to waste program with Pro Mix HP as the medium. I have been following the formulation table below except for the aggressive flower because of burnning tips. I feed with nutrient water, when needed water with ph adjusted water, and agian when needed water with ph adjusted water, then start over.

gallery_2733_1963_773531.png

This has been working ok, but I still would like to see some better results with less additives.

If Uwant tosee better results with less additives you'll have to use less additives lol.

with that said i would just use standard nutes of the line then seewhat happens .

you can do a side by side growsince you have all that shit anyway.

so try just the flora -gro, micro, & bloom skip the floraliscious stuff all together & finish with only kool bloom powder.

you can also do your tests slowly eliminating 1 additive at a time. I hope i gave U IDEAs suited 2 your comments above. :verrygood B)

yes that is a good idea Warrior, as not to waste the product yet not to stock up on somthing that doesn't work. I have switched from hydroponics to using a medium that buffers and dosen't need any moving parts for the watering system. So for me its a bit of a learning curve on using hydro nutrients.

I FEEL THAT IT'S OBVIOUS THAT NUTES AND Supplements have come a long way. Yet with that said. many of them are too over the top or simply not needed at all.

just thing of how awesome the prodcut grown was prior too all this new shit. the plant don't kinow nothing abouit profits and advertisments you dig.

it's like how pet food companies mkt. stuff based on the ignorance of the pet owners. colors in dog food are for people cause dogs are color blind,

adjecttives are suited to folks ignorance too, cause again dogs & cats can't comprehend that shit ... .

i feel canna found a way to asssure themselves great profits from ill informed/ ignorant growers. they too are overpriced and use an expensive line up that isn't really needed like they make you think it is. yet they also prove a point too. look at what they say about 2 of their major lines of nutes. notice that it doesn't say anything in the descriptions about needing anything else to get a good crop. they are just one example though all of the companies basically say the same basic shit. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CANNA Terra nutrients are one-part nutrients for the growth and flowering stages.

They contain the right amounts of nutritional elements to fulfill the needs of the plants in each stage. The plants develop strong, vital shoots and a lush root development in the growing stage and full, dense fruits during flowering.

CANNA Coco gives unrivalled results on CANNA’s coco substrate. This substrate combines the tolerant, organic nature of soil with the precision of rockwool. Due to the special characteristics of the substrate the nutrient doesn’t have a Vega and Flores variant, but there is one unique formulation for both growth and blooming phase. We can’t make things easier!

Based on speculation or specific experience with specific products? The best help should be from peoples personal experiences with a product, not what they have read!

I love GH and use their old feeding schedule. PBP was ok. I like Canna Terra Floras and Veg and Pk13/14. I also like MOAB as well as Koolbloom. Pura Vida organic nutes work well with Sannie's bacto or compost tea and some Diotomic Hummus. Calmag plus has always worked as well as Earth Juice Microblast. Floralicious and Liquid Karma were not as useful as good old Molasses or Budswel for flavor. Diamond Nectar was worthless.

If using chem nutes, try to underfeed and give at least 10 days of flush to get a smooth smoke. Whatever minor reduction in yield is worth the smoothness of the smoke.

Koolbloom or MOAB are interchangeable and I've followed the instructions and used in week 2 and 7. Useless has a different formula for use in week 5 only using MOAB.

In soil less, the feeding schedule is much lighter and the use of something like Clearex every few weeks will make your plants much happier. I've been organic for a bit, but have 3 gallons of GH flora left and miss watching how fast my plants grew. Organics are slow as hell compared to hydro.

Organics are slow as hell compared to hydro.

I agree organics are slower. The end result is far superior to any chem grown hydro I have ever smoked.

Build a compost tea brewer. Understand the soil food web. Get the best results you have ever seen. Become a believer. :P

My chump change.

Peace

I make the tea's and when I'm too busy I use my compost brewer with just Sannies bacto and Molasses. That works too!

The only major difference between organic and ferts is that it's way easier to get the smoke smoother. But so far, the taste is the same. With hydro or chem ferts, you have to walk a balancing act to get a good result and it's really easy to make harsh over ferted weed. But if you get a good formula and stick with it, the results are the same. You need to really lower nutes after week 5 and flush with chem ferts. I did a hybrid of both chem and organic supplements via spraying or mixing in with GH 3 part. Some of the stuff I grew that way tasted better.

The only difference so far is that yield is lower, veg time is longer and you have to do a lot more mixing as it's impossible to create an organic rez that doesn't get filled with anaerobic bacteria. I tried.

I like that it's nearly impossible to screw up oganics. But I don't like the idea that I can't automate it and go away for a week or two. I can't be away for more than 3 days. Blumats may be the way to go, but that doesn't help with weekly teas and a rez will get scummy quick.

It's a little smoother to smoke, but flavorwise, I'm not seeing any difference . But I always used budswel for flavor in hydro and in organics. It's bat guano tea. I've only been doing organics for a few months, and chems for years, but so far, the only difference is organics is nearly idiot proof. Taste wise... not really.

I have always felt my plants have grown better with chem, and I have adopted the floracious to add a organic fert to compliment the chem. But I cant tell a difference as I have used it with the flora series since I have started using GH.

In my experience, chemical fertilizers impart flavor that I can distinguish as unnatural. I understand that plants show more vigor, and in SOME scenarios larger yields.

I use all my fan leaves for qwiso. When I got a batch of leaves from a friend who grows with chem ferts(a cut I run regularly that I gave him), the dried leaves didn't smell NEAR as good as mine. The finished qwiso also smelled strange and didn't solidify like mine. There are just too many instances that I have had happen to me to write it off as coincidence.

This is all hearsay and my experiences to be taken with a grain of salt.

It is a proven fact that organic vegetables contain up to five times the amount of vitamins, minerals and nutrients than that of chemical grown. Why wouldn't that apply to Mary?

As for the automated part, I fertilize weekly with tea, if that. I think if you planned it out Joker, you'd have no problem going on vacation for a week. Being away makes me nervous without someone watching the garden anyways! I also find that my plants can withstand longer dry periods in organics.

I'm not trying to argue or tell anyone they are wrong. I believe strongly in organic growing methods and feel that most any results achieved with chemicals can be matched or outdone by organics.

I respect everyone here and love seeing how people do their own thing.

Sorry if I hijacked your thread Focal, I'm very passionate about this subject.

I run an organic gardening business, so I'm pretty biased. :P

Best wishes and big yields. :P

Peace

All in proper prespective . i agree with joker & awake. yet for myself i have always tried to give 2nd. hand info based on someone elses

1st. hand experience that i respect. for instynce i mentioned kool bllom becuase of what you said elsewhere joker, as well as what other have mentioned over the years .

i used canna to make a simple point, that the comapanies themselves basically tell you u don't need so much xtra stuff, then these same companies

try to seel you every xtra prodcut they have in their line up. :P

after years of looking on the boards and cross referencing info from many proven growers it don't take a phd to pass on tired and tru 411. does it matter

that the messenger hasn't done all of this or that. at the end of the day it doesn't as long as the sources are good ones.

sought of like how i listen and watch a guest instructor teach that which i'm not really familiar with specifilally by expereince, yet do have some general knowledge on the subject matter & enuff practical experience overall to know whether something is legit or just won't flat out won't work . it's not rocket science if i can understand this or that. cause if i can anyone can lol.

glad you dudes chimed in & will add your experience/knowledge to my reference bank . seesm like al these years i do attract some of the best growers online to threads i've tried to help in. i can live with that & make progress too thankfully. i love you guys :P

hey stoners,

Guess what gents i was reading some info from a lady who stsrted her own company based on snacks and food suitable for dogs and cats. auntjenn.com

on page 6-7 she goes into mth busting and reading myth #2 made me think of this thread.

it is not good to feed animals "people food " or " table scraps " . i'll cut to the part of her answer that jogged my recal on this thread.

Why not?! pet food as we know it today has only been around for about 60 yrs, and some countires( i'll add people too) still don't have access to pet food.

What did pets eat before pet food was invented? she said to ask your parents and grand parents, and goes on to say. their answer will be they ate whatever

we ate ......

So how does this realte to plant nutrients. for plants including our favored sacred plant the question is. What did plants get fed before all these chemical nutes became avaible?

my answer without checking a website or book is. they were fed, waste products in to form of bird, animal shit, and composts made from plants etc.

Organic growing as we all know is tried and true. many gardeners have been rediscovering this old way of feeding plants and loving the results they get.

So far as chemical ferts are concerned compared to organic ones avaiable commercially i feel the organic ones cost us more based on the extra effort to get them & toss in a dose of Price gouging too imho.

obviously everyone doesn't have the means to make a practical compost pile, or a convenient source for bat, bird, or worm shit etc. etc. so a market was made for these products.

Let us not forget we can also combine methods to get more of what we all want. better yields of tastier buds. can stsrt with coco in cups all the way too a 1 gallon container, then transfer into an all organic soil mix pot/bucket from 3 gal to 5 gal. awhile ago i thought this would be a good idea, and since we are all more alike then diffrent eventually found growers who have done exactly this. with the desired results of taste and yield! again this ain't rocket science :P

lastly to finsh with people nutrition . how many of the fat asses in our society would like the option of a dense nutrient edible that was also all organic ; which would be suitable for a whole meal . man i sure would escpecially since many fat burning exercises i can't do anymore. lol meal in a glass we know already, but i feel we can have something much better then what's curently avaible. imho.

You are rite in a major way sacred! Organic is natural and is how it was before humans exhisted. But with evolution, man has adobted the extroardinary way to compriehend a object to study, and understand the way it works, "science". Thats why I believe that there can be somthing made to be better than what is avalible in certain area, "some places may have better natural fertilizers than others". Humans really are just begining to open the gates to the world of science, I believe we will make more advances in knoledge in the next 20 years than the past 200 years, because the world is more interconnected and Humans become more open minded and curious about life. Just my opinion.

only bottles of nutes that i need are biobizz grow, biobizz bloom, black strap molases, fulfic acid. i use the biobizz grow for the vegitative stage, the bloom for the flowering stage with occasional molasses as well. and for 3 weeks before harvest i only use black strap molasses and fulvic acid. the plants go nice and yellow before chop. yum!

i grow in a mix of perlite, coco, wormcasts with added bat guano, lime, bonemeal. organic is the way.

teas are great too! some mushroom compost + fresh worm castings in a bucket with a bubbler for 12 hours does wonders for my plants. but im really a lazy gardener and teas are a hassle compared to a dose of biobizz. although they have much higher microbe count in the tea i like to think my pots also have a nice amount of microbial life too. biobizz comes with molasses inside it too so it feeds the micro beasties as well as the plant.

Organics has turned out to be as much work as hydro. I now have to make two tea batches every week, one for the flower area and one for veg.

I'm using that with Pura Vida nutes at half strength in Promix BX with mycchos. I also add floralicious plus, earthjuice microblast and diatomic humus every two weeks . I supplement with a little silicate and calmag plus.

I have 7 Pure Kush and 5 Blueberries growing organically. I have 6 more Blueberry clones and I think I may go back to gh 3 part, calmag and budswel for those to see the difference. Nearly all the plants I've grown organically have been from seed. I've grown the Blueberry for a few years so I can see the difference myself with a strain I'm familiar with.

Starting at 500 ppm in veg with tap water of 180. Week one of flower 600, week two-three 800, week 4 1000 ppm, week 5 MOAB , week six 600, Clearex, flush week 7-8. Gh 3 part no ph down with a tap water ph of 8 . Adding budswel guano tea brings the ph down to around 6 which is perfect. Supplemented with calmag and foliar feeds of earth juice microblast in get and early flower.

You can use the simple method of 3-2-1 ,2-2-2, 1-2-3 where one equals 5 ml per 2-3 gallons of water for Grow, Micro and Bloom respectively.

This is my specific experience in soil less with organics and chem ferts. I also have used Pure Blend Pro ,'but was not satisfied. Others have had success with it.

I looked for people who had grow set ups similar to mine, and posted threads and good pics. Then I asked them for their methods and copied them. My GH formula is from Higrade at OG and the organics is from OhSoGreen at the CannaCabana combined with Sannies products. They all had posted healthy ,high yielding grows.

Depending on your genetics, you have to test veg time and training and how to boost week 5 of flower. Soil less organics are not stretching as much as hydro , so plants need a longer veg and to be flipped to 12/12 at a taller height. At least in my set up.

I'm on round four of organics , still tweaking.

When using Cal-Mag what kind of ratios are you getting the stuff in. And what kind of strength are you using. How many Ec, PPM is enough for a ChemD for instance ?

, what weird coincidence, LOL.

I am going more or less organic and dirt this time. Its new, in that last time I was in dirt, it was not a more complicated science, than hydro, on the contrary. It was simple, rather I did not really care so much. But I will make an effort this time.

But, the CalMag Whores, how much of each in the standard CalMag formulas and at what strength should it be applied.

Usually, in hydro, I use 75 Ec MgSo4 and that does the trick, but would that be enough if trying to keep the Chemicals mostly out of the flowering diet, when dealing with hungry Ladies in dirt ?.

Man most of the shit you use to get live dirt is just as expensive as the hydro stuff...LOL......they alway find ways to rape the wallet.......hahaha

Recommended strength is 5 ml per gallon. Half strength works fine for me. Chemd is a calmag hog, she

Gets full strength.

@joker Have you tried the whole earth juice line up?You still have to brew but much cleaner than mixing teas from scratch IMO.Ive only ran it once but like the results.I used soil mix in veg feed earth juice grow 1or2 times.Transfer to a super soil mix for flower feeding earth juice bloom as needed.didnt need micro-blast yet havent had any def nock on wood.The plants seem to love it in veg and flower.How much longer do you have to veg with organics to get the same results with chems?I wish someone with exp in both would do a side by side.I would do it myself but i suck at chem nutes always burn my plants. :P

I hear ya reddog I have had a hard time getting chem nutes right but I think I am getting there. But as soon as I run out of GH flora nutes, I am going to try some Nova, or some more organic based nute. that's why I made this topic, to help get ideas and hear from people that have already done the trials and dails to get a connsistant formula.

Focal: A 2 gallon bucket of tea is enough for all my indoor plants and my front yard and all my potted plants outside which is about 20. You only need a small amount. I'm also using Sannies bacto when I dont have time for a tea. Nothing stealth about tea. What I'm not sure is if each plant should get 1 gram of bacto per liter every two weeks.

Reddog: I asked Pure Green at TCC how he got his fantastic results. I just did exactly what he told me to do. Sannie turned me onto the tabs and his bacto which is a great product. The biggest mistake I've made in the past is jumping around from nute system to nute system. I used earth juice microblast as a foliar in hydro and once I went to soil, just dumped it in. Another awesome product for foliar is Age Old Kelp grow.

I have posted this on here before...

Good seed x good feed = good weed

I have a 1m x 1m x 2.5m grow room 400w light killing fields seed and got 13 oz dry from two plants

My mix was 70/30% compost and pearlite

My feed was Bio bizz fish mix with a tea spoon of epsom salts when needed and half a capfull of liquid silicon once a week.

I was offered £75 for a clone as the smoke was that good....not a chance!

I was offered £75 for a clone as the smoke was that good....not a chance!

Kind of offtopic, but do you guys seriously keep clones to yourself? or demand money when giving them away? Isn't it better to just keep giving clones away and spreading the good genetics? Whats behind that?

Being generous with total strangers has been a mostly unrewarding experience. There are people I've been friendly with on the boards since Overgrow with whom trust has been earned. Others are liars and lazy with a sense of entitlement. I've been lied to, cheated and found out the hard way more than once that the nice guy online persona is an asshole or a narc in real life. You spend months growing seeds and some stranger who has no relevance in your life will tell you how you are obligated to give them something for nothing.

I've given to real cancer survivors and chronically ill people and been conned into sending things for fictional daughters, wives and friends. Then that same person posts a thread they've got clone x and y available for sale or trade. The guy with three posts, no pics , no friends and no history calling you an asshole for not giving them something for nothing.

Until recently I've never asked for a clone. Ever. When I lost some mothers, I asked for some back. Would you walk up to a stranger and ask them for something? Or feel entitled to half their lunch?

That's just me. I actually grew seeds. Still do. Shimmy found the freebie Chemd x Afghani to be a dead

Ringer for LA Pure Kush. A freebie no less.

Be picky with whom you exchange information with. The " cancer patient" with their sob story could be a narc. Or for real.

If you are generous, practice discrimination and do not risk your personal security because of greed when what you have may be just as good.

This comes up a lot and I always have the same answer.

While it violates the TOU to discuss, I feel it is warranted because of security.

Gifting to strangers has been an unrewarding experience. Stick with the people you know and have earned your trust and you won't get burned.

All elites were seeds that someone put the time and effort into to grow out.

You hit the nail on the mother f***ing head there Joker! Thats why I have pretty mutch dedicated myself to this site because of the no bullshit people like you and many others on here.

SLB asking questions like that that are way off topic is kinda of considered hijacking the thread, so in the future if you have multiple questions unrelated to any current post, then Make a new one.