•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Ikiru

Veg Time for KF?

Hi - I'm a relatively new grower and am becoming convinced my thumb will never turn green!

Am growing in a BCNorthern Lights cabinet (hydro) here in Brooklyn. First time with Sannie seeds - Killing Fields feminized. Have had trouble in past with growing from seed (this is my 4th attempt) and have experienced numerous crisis moments! First time out I was able to get some clones and had no trouble at all, but since then it's been a struggle with seeds and have yet to get to the finish line with a crop I feel good about.

Right now, I'm two weeks in from germination and my 3 remaining seedlings are about 2" in height and looking good. This time I'm trying to take a conservative approach with water and nuts, hopefully not over-doing anything.

the big question that's nagging at me right now: Given Sannie's instruction for a very short veg (1-2 weeks), does veg period start at seedling stage? In past I've always gone too long in veg, but don't want to make mistake in other direction! I've read somewhere that seedlings should be given 2-4 weeks, so what's the rule for when veg starts with KF seeds?

I don't know anyone else who grows, so I rely totally on the boards for advice and help. I now wish I hadn't started with hydro but I'm trying my best and keeping fingers crossed!

thanks!

i would go for 6-8 weeks , mine did grow in 12.12 but not to where i could not control it,

6-8 weeks sounds like a long veg time for a strain that grows around 100cm tall when 12/12 from seed, but of course that depends on the goal.

Still, I usually go for big plants in 3-4 gallon coco for SCROG, so I will probably veg my KF for 4-5 weeks before I flip to 12/12.

I would rather grow mine a little too big, than a little too small, as I can always remove 1 or 2 if necessary (although it hurts)

OP. I'm pretty sure they mean 1-2 weeks from the day the seedling shows to the surface, and begins leave formation, at least that's how I count veg days.

6-8 weeks sounds like a long veg time for a strain that grows around 100cm tall when 12/12 from seed, but of course that depends on the goal.

Still, I usually go for big plants in 3-4 gallon coco for SCROG, so I will probably veg my KF for 4-5 weeks before I flip to 12/12.

I would rather grow mine a little too big, than a little too small, as I can always remove 1 or 2 if necessary (although it hurts)

OP. I'm pretty sure they mean 1-2 weeks from the day the seedling shows to the surface, and begins leave formation, at least that's how I count veg days.

We shall see, I know a 4 week veg did not give me much strech but mine are indica doms i think.

The buds look like indicas to me.

But im putting 3 in there tomorrow that are clones and have vegged for 8 weeks......

We shall see, im not scared of monsters and i have a room height of 8 feet, if need be one could aways use the fishing weight

here is a pic of 3 kf grown 12/12 from start (seed) +/- 2 months old.

gallery_28959_12108_4139596.jpg

1 small (40cm/15") in full bloom,1 in the middle(60cm/23") and a large sativa one (75cm/29")

the small and the middle one are kf (fem),the large one a regular f2.

You do the math :lol:

Lovely contrast of green and purple and white on the sativa one. allmost flowering.

gallery_28959_12108_1962155.jpg

The small one flowering

gallery_28959_12108_2216406.jpg

just a little appetizer :)

I'm good friends with the BCNL guys here in the states. give him a call on the support # and he'll be able to give you tons of advice (drop me a note if you can't find the #). he is from your neck of the woods as well, but lives in Cali and can talk 'shop'. :lol:

Give it another week and see how big they are.

Advice on the amount of veg time needs to be taken into consideration, but if conditions in your particular grow cause slower development, you need to take that into consideration, as well.

You will not only become more skilled with growing, in general, as you get more grows under your belt. You will become an expert at growing under the conditions in your grow room/area.