•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Riuxfer

Vanilla Sky

Let's see if I can make this coherent and helpful to anyone interested in this strain.

Here goes:

Grown from seed in organic, amended soil and fed aerated teas.

Flowered for 12 weeks and has been curing in a jar for 4 and 1/2 weeks.

Picture of the bud I'm smoking right now:

gallery_2455_1636_391281.jpg

Picture of the plant it came from:

gallery_2455_1636_825951.jpg

Physical appearance:

There are no seeds in these buds at all.

Compared to any commercial bag I could buy, this is very frosty. Scale of 1 - 10 for tric development, I'd say about a 7. (Choc Rain, Shack and KFxM are all frostier but they're also the frostiest buds I've ever been in possession of, so....)

The bud is nice and green with substantial orange/amber hairs.

It's more dense than you think it will be before you pick it up and break it open. This piece is kinda hard.

The buds are on the dry side. They were hung for 5 days before jarring and the humidity was a bit low in the room. The quality is still very good. The don't completely crumble when broken but they are a bit crispy.

Smell:

VANILLA for sure. Opening the jar or even breaking open a bud releases the vanilla right at you. It's not as sharp or intense like vanilla extract, but it's very sweet and no mistaking it.

The vanilla is the first smell that hits you but after a few seconds of that, there's a more weedy follow-up to it. I think it's that haze smell. It's very nice. This bud is a 10 out of 10 in aroma unless you just hate vanilla and haze. I hope this doesn't fade too much over time.

Jeezus that's a lot of typing before even hitting the bong. Let's smoke this shit....

HVY Glass 10mm bong with an ice cube. Big Rip.....

Taste:

I've been sampling this bud a bit here and there over the last month waiting for that vanilla taste to show up. I think it's finally getting here. The smell of the smoke is 90% hazy and bits of vanilla and honey making up the balance. Really nice. The taste is about the same mix. It's fucking smooth as hell, too. Rip 2 = more honey, I think. yum.

Effect:

dayum, I'm getting buzzed really fast. That entire paragraph about taste was a chore to write and this one is even harder. Very quick onset. Head is buzzing and definitely going way up. It's been this way since I sampled the first buds but the taste and smell is better now. really strong head high. I've been smoking sannies jack and shack and the haze is similar but not exactly the same. Mild to no physical effects yet. except I can't type for shit now so apparently there is some physical effect. no uncomfortable feelings at all. Gotta say i feel pretty happy and think I could be functional out in public just fine. I guess as long as i don't have to type while out, anyway.

let's see, what else... I'm definitely going to grow it again. I popped 2 seeds and got two girls that each gave nice yeilds and its damn good. So I might give a few of the remaining 8 to a local buddy who I know will appreciate them and keep the remaining. What would be a cool grow someday would be to pop 5 of these vanilla beans and pair that with popping 5 bluberry sativa and grow them out together. That would be a nice combo and should finish about the same time. I'm going to do that in one of my next few grows I think.

I like it a lot. Lemme know if theres anything important I left out if you're wondering about this weed. I'll do my best to explain it. Very nice strain, e$ko.

Oh late impression... red eyes.. very red eyes. And hungryyyyyy :o

• Like 1

I like the description of the flavor. I love those exotic aromas and it makes me want to grow this strain. Also, the Blueberry Sativa and Vanilla Sky in one grow makes me think you could open a bakery with that batch :o

You went twelve weeks - what % were amber?

Excellent report

Thank u for the feedback.

Vanilla Sky is vanilla with haze, and u describe it like i have experienced it.

Its like u would open a fresh vanilla stick and smell it, next to a bag of not aggresive haze.(not catpiss or lambsbreath kind of haze, more citrus haze.)

Very smooth, very soft.

The high is like a airplane that takes of.

They flower average from 10 to 12 weeks,

the EARLIER she is ready, the more vanilla will be in it.

Grdz e$ko,

• Like 1

damn!!

I never had true vanilla it seems,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i opened many fresh sticks tho.

Me jealous now haha

enjoy!

sounds very tastey, looks nice and frosty too. looks like e$kobar's made another winner.

Hmm, Im thinking then 10 .5 weeks for mine? Nice buds too thanks for the report.

I really want the Vannilla taste, But i guess i can let a few go longer and get both.

Surprised someone hasn't given me shit for my lame trim job. :o I really don't enjoy trimming and the later in the job it gets, the more buds end up hanging with those tiny little sugar leaves still sticking out of them. I will learn more patience some day, hopefully.

A little more update, the buzz lasted well over 3 hours last night before I bothered to load another binger. I took the pup for a hike and the high was really nice for being out hiking the local hills. And I would reiterate that the smoothness of this smoke is remarkable.

@Z, I have to make an admission: I didn't really check the trics before chopping so I'm not sure of the cloudy/amber percentages. My handheld magnifying glass isn't really the best and I just basically let them go to the minimum recommended flowering time and then error on the side of letting them go a little long rather then cutting too early to make sure the bud is reaching it's potential. At 10 weeks and 11 weeks this particular plant just didn't "look done" based on the amount of new white pistils that were still being produced so I let them go to 12 weeks. By waiting as long as I did, I can say almost for sure that I didn't cut these too early and that is just the main thing I'm trying to be sure of.

@e$ko, yes an airplane taking off is a good description. Or maybe considering how fast it hits me, a rocket blasting off would be even better. And I'm not real fond of the heavy, body, couchlock stoned feeling that you get from a hard core indica. For those that feel the same way, you'll like this bud.

@Toker2, 10.5 will probably work well for you especially if e$ko says so. I do get vanilla flavor and it's gotten more pronounced over the last couple of weeks so I'm sure you'll get plenty of what you are looking for.

I'd be surprised to hear of someone not liking this bud or that it wasn't worth the space or effort to grow. The few people I've shared it with have all given positive feedback.

Cheers, everyone. :o

Surprised someone hasn't given me shit for my lame trim job. :o I really don't enjoy trimming and the later in the job it gets, the more buds end up hanging with those tiny little sugar leaves still sticking out of them. I will learn more patience some day, hopefully.

A little more update, the buzz lasted well over 3 hours last night before I bothered to load another binger. I took the pup for a hike and the high was really nice for being out hiking the local hills. And I would reiterate that the smoothness of this smoke is remarkable.

@Z, I have to make an admission: I didn't really check the trics before chopping so I'm not sure of the cloudy/amber percentages. My handheld magnifying glass isn't really the best and I just basically let them go to the minimum recommended flowering time and then error on the side of letting them go a little long rather then cutting too early to make sure the bud is reaching it's potential. At 10 weeks and 11 weeks this particular plant just didn't "look done" based on the amount of new white pistils that were still being produced so I let them go to 12 weeks. By waiting as long as I did, I can say almost for sure that I didn't cut these too early and that is just the main thing I'm trying to be sure of.

@e$ko, yes an airplane taking off is a good description. Or maybe considering how fast it hits me, a rocket blasting off would be even better. And I'm not real fond of the heavy, body, couchlock stoned feeling that you get from a hard core indica. For those that feel the same way, you'll like this bud.

@Toker2, 10.5 will probably work well for you especially if e$ko says so. I do get vanilla flavor and it's gotten more pronounced over the last couple of weeks so I'm sure you'll get plenty of what you are looking for.

I'd be surprised to hear of someone not liking this bud or that it wasn't worth the space or effort to grow. The few people I've shared it with have all given positive feedback.

Cheers, everyone. :o

Cheers to you and enjoy the fruits of your labour....That VS pic is so Her, look just like mine.

Thanks for the info man.

Nice report. BBS and VS side by side...I was thinking that. I gotta find the time to pop those two. How long did you veg them and how long would you veg them to yield what you'd desire from those girls on round 2?

dirtyshawa, thanks for the comment. I germed them in 16 oz beer cups where they spent 12 days growing a couple sets of leaves. Then I up-potted them to 1.5 gallon pots and vegged them at 18/6 under a 400w MH for exactly 4 more weeks before flipping to 12/12. I think that was about the right veg time and will do it the same way next time. The only thing that would make me potentially veg a bit longer is if I were going to train or top them in some way and wanted them to go a little more bushing out during the veg. Hope that helps.

Nice report. BBS and VS side by side...I was thinking that. I gotta find the time to pop those two. How long did you veg them and how long would you veg them to yield what you'd desire from those girls on round 2?

Robot, thanks. I'm collecting those bic tattoo lighters and Lady Luck is my favorite. Got to keep my smoking buddies from pocketing them though. Seems everybody likes them. haha.

You ain't the only one who is lazy when it comes to trimming, Riuxfer...

Since it's only for me, I just cut every leaf with a visible stem, let the rest dry, and peel the buds when I'm ready for them. Those sugary trim leaves taste just fine in the vape, BTW...