•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

keesthemad

Indoor sun with KTM ft; Amnesia, Killing fields and S.A.G.E.

Do i see this correct?

Are your fanleaf's covered with trichomes?

Great for making some wicked water hash.

Pfff, this gives me a hard time listening... Pff can't they just speak English instead of this Dutch/English crap ? ;)

It's nice that he basically said what I posed before, and that is that better light spreading over the whole canopy is better than high light on the tops and less on the bottom part, good to note is that he used cucumber plants, these are a little different to what we do, they grow upwards all the time, and grow longer as a consequense, we don't have anymore growth after a certain time in the growth or at least a lot less. With this in mind I think the concept has a little higher effectiveness on our plants.

It's nice to watch though, but very little research for 4 years of work :D .

What is notable though is that he had curled up leaves from the LED, this is something I can understand, I had curled up leaves too, the same as he had, but then with cannabis leaf ofcourse... IMO, this had to do with temperature/humidity, as I don't have it all the time, but the vertical light does seem to promote it, when the plant gets 'too high' or 'too close'. Both spots in the room that are a little hotter, and less moist.

Kees.

(will read that document later...

@Doc, hell yeah those are trichomes! :o

hehe you need to consider that these plants are a few meters high so they can use some light in between :grinning_respect:

Yeah that's basically what I said.. It's a different kind of canopy shape, so different results...

I guess they did cucumbers as we grow mostely vine-fruits in Holland, tomatoes, Bell peppers, cucumbers...

Kees.

nice report, kees.

i have also started a flowering grow with a 400w digistar and a 300W lep, I therefore want to know when you started to switch on the hps light. directly after switching to 12/12 or later?

and I`m Austrian, so I always try out different things, especially when I can save money... :grinning_respect:

I tell you the reason why I asked you that question. a long time ago I ran the same setup like you. 1000W HPS (2 lamps 600/400W). i always had the same yield, about 1000g. one summer the weather was very hot in austria why I had big problems with the temperature. so i switched off the 400w lamp for the first two weeks and surprise, surprise I had the same yield as always. since then I`ve never run again the full wattage the first two weeks of flowering, the only thing I do during that time is to let the plants rotate on the planttable.

sorry for this offtopic story, now i`m going to wait for an update of your verx exciting and interesting operation.

Yes, well I think there are a couple of observations to make then.

Because excess in heat, like you would have in summer, can shut plants down a little, so turning off a light would help in some situations to create a better climate and thus yield.

Also, when the room isn't filled to the top, because the plants still have to grow a little they intercept less light so less light should be needed, I think it saves me a couple of days though, using both lights.

I did 12 days of pregrowing and now 28 days of flowering, and it filled the 2m2 room...

It comes down to this, the plants usually grow for a couple of weeks and then they stop growing, but the speed they develop at has to do with the available space, if you have more room, light and air, the plants will grow towards that space, maybe that is why you did not notice any difference...

Kees.

My trichome fly killer is FLOWERING!!!

Ola Kees

very exciting to see what they looks like in flower. If you could post some pics. :grinning_respect:

Thanks

Peace

[EDIT]: we have a few wild species here in natural parcs and they're protected.

Hmm, I have found that part of the KF has been pollinated, I have found seeds and there are hairs that show pollination, I found a male flower earlier this week, just one, and I can't find more, it seems to come from somewhere in the middle of the plant as that is where the plant is pollinated, I hope it did not pollinate the Amnesia (it doesn't look that way).

Some of the SAGE seems to be pollinated as well.

One thing is for sure, the KF will be binned and after 4 hermaphrodites doesn't ever have to come back. Sad, cuz it's a good smoke. (this was one I selected out of 20 seeds, one of 4 females) No purple pheno's either, god I had bad luck.

PS: I have not disturbed them once, the room is completely lightproof, the room it's in is dim lit, no natural light. Nothing extreme on the nutrient side... Good humidity, healthy plants. It beats me. Keep in mind that I'm not blaming anyone for this, but my fun on this one is over.

PS: I have checked again, and it seems that all over the plant there are seeds to be found, I can't check on the amnesia, but I sure hope not that I have to pull this one.

bummer but life goes on.

I can't believe that the whole plant is pollinated. I mean, there is parts all over the plant that look like seeds are growing, but I don't see any pollen anywhere, I have found one male flower, with pollen, but this one was on the floor... I really don't get it.

Yo Bro!

didnt check for some time. Your plants have grown a lot.

It is a shame of the pollination.

At least we can smoke the Amnesia when you are finished , that one wont pollinate :grinning_respect:

Pollination is terrible!

Even one male flower is enough to produce many seeds...

Any idea what could cause the KF to form male flowers?

And she have never done that before in your grow room?

Perhaps it's warmer now in your grow room and surrounding space due to the warm weather we are having since the end of april?

What are you going to do now?

:grinning_respect: Poldergrower

I found some seeds in the SAGE too...

I am going to root clones and as soon as they are rooted I will pull these plants..... And start over again.

I'm going to kill the KF mom now, bye bye, don't come back.

Kees.

Ok.

Both KF and Sage have been self pollinated, I don't think it has too much effect on the Amnesia, so I will let them for what they are, I hope to get replacement Amnesia soon, then I will have to do some magic to make it all fit again

<10 mins later>

soooooo those are removed......

Now wait for the replacement.

Kees.

Shit happens.....I had a lot of sterile maleflowers on my old KF, first time I panicked, but when I didn't find one single seed I kept her going a few runs. Interesting what makes some banana pollen so potent and others sterile.

Guess that 1k harvest went down the drain, but still looking very much forward to seeing how the LEP/HPS buds looks on the SAGE and Amnesia, especially thicomes, when finished.

I need a push to make the jump on the LEP bandwagon.....LOL...

Hope you let the pics keep coming though.......Det er meget spændende.

Satyr

Very nice thread kees :)

Love to see the developments with this combination.

If the lamp will be fine tuned with a better spectrum who knows if people want to pay this much money for a lamp, I use this lamp to light the table space''s @ work :P

greetz sannie

Sannie, you are absolutely right. They need to fine tune the spectrum. At this stage the LEP can only be used as a supplimental light with HPS in flowering. Until that improves, many will hold out for the real deal. At least they are making improvements as the STA 60 is double the light output with only an increas of half the wattage (150w)

I have to buy myself a nice tech gift every now and then.. I have the same system in place.......LOL

I see the new LEP module STA60 or whatever gives of 45.000 lumen, thats pretty close to a 400 watt Mh, and a choice between 5500K and 4500K or CCT, They say it can be fitted in the old STA41 system....double power...dimmable to 20%.....

Is the STA41 also 5500K ?........Will 1000K make a big change, being that much warmer. What is the Suns CCT

They are getting closer Satyr, Sta 40 series was 300w now STA 60 series double the lumens and comming in at around 450w. Thats double the light output of the 300w LEP with only an increase of 150w :(

When they get into the 600w - 1000w and a better spectrum, then and only then will it be worth the money.

At the moment 300w LEP is basically an expensive metal Halide.

Kees, sorry to hear about the pollination issue.

Any updates on the next run?

When they get into the 600w - 1000w and a better spectrum, then and only then will it be worth the money.

At the moment 300w LEP is basically an expensive metal Halide.

If I were you I would buy a Plasma International lamp :)

So when the output is higher you no longer regard it an expensive metal halide?

Reality: at this moment there is the 300W model and in the future there will be higher wattage models available. Other reality is that research institutes, universities, seed breeders and large corporations already use the plasma (in large numbers) in their climate rooms as they do not want to wait for anything what is coming but use what is practical and available now. They recognize the potential of plasma lighting and want to get first hand experience. They are already past a single lamp for trials, they scale up their trials now based on the first positive results. The efficiency is not the biggest driver, it's the quality which can not be compared to MH in any way or characteristic.

So while you are entitled to your opinion I would express that it is your opinion and not a fact. Because factual you are not correct.

The only reason why you are on this forum is to hassle about the plasma light. And while I enjoy a good discussion I do not appreciate insinuations and opinions or preliminary information presented as a fact or news. It does not add anything to the discussion, we know your opinion by now. Now buy one and grow something with it so you can share first hand results like Kees did instead of bumping a topic that has been dead for 2 months.