•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Ikiru

Killing Fields - Top Leaves Going Yellow

Strain is 'Killing Fields'

Hydro

28 days into flower

Using 'scrog' method and 'Advanced Nutrients'

400w. hps

Leaves started yellowing a week ago - tops only, along edges, continuing to spread on multiple plants. Have been having trouble keeping ph on track. It changes overnight from 6 to 4.7 or will go the other way just as far. I started a water flush last night with small amount hydrogen peroxide on chance I may have a lock-out. Any ideas on what's causing?

thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62786712@N03/?saved=1

hard to pin point,,,but on first site i'd say: lack of magnesium

good luck,,hope some others help u out here 2!!

me love killing fields :)

I am no expert and will gladly yield my view to more experienced views but I believe the issue is your PH swing is locking out some of what you need. Fix that and I believe you answer the issue.

I've now tried a two day flush, a fan blowing across tops, and reducing the amount of nuts.

BUT - the problem continues, the yellowing of leaves spreading.

The ph seems very unstable. Yesterday, after completing the flush and adding a new nut solution, the ph was 5.9. Several hours later is had risen to 6.4. I got it back down to 5.9 but today it popped up to 8!

I have no idea what's causing the ph to rise so quickly. Before starting current crop I made sure no salts remained in tub. I'm using Advanced Nutrient products which are advertised as self-regulating re ph.

Any ideas?

If your using tap water and not letting it sit for a day before you use it, this could be the cause of the ph flucuations.

I do this religiously - even letting it sit for longer. Thanks.

I have tried a flush, adding a fan during day (in case this is leaf burn from lamp), reducing the nuts by 50%, but the leaf yellowing continues to spread. The ph swings are greater than I'm used to (using same nuts but different strains) so I'm doing a second flush today and checking ph at least several times a day.

I use mixture of Advanced Nutrients products for hydro as prescribed by BCNorthern Lights, the manufacturer of the cabinet system.

I'm slowly losing this crop as the plants are beginning to look denuded. Any more ideas? I'm desperate!

Do you clean your rez weekly?

Is water temperature correct?

I have had this problem with the KF pheno that I am growing and believe it is a Cal mag deff. but I have yet to get some and try to correct. I think the KF likes her cal mag when she hits flower because I can keep her green until 2nd week of flower, thus leading me to believe that she needs some cal mag

Homie to me it looks like some offgassing. I had it BADDDD from using NGW.com blue 1/2" tubing. It drove me nuts til a guy anmed U.G.U took his hose to a lab and posted the results on lots of forums, i dont know if the thread is on this here. Its definitely on a bunch tho, bro that looks EXACTLY like it, to be specific its called off-gassing of Di-Iso-Butyl Phthalate. It is a clear odorless gas that steams off of flexible PVC plastic, there are around 25 different types of Phthalates and only the cheapest 2 kill weed plants, DIBP and its close brother, i forget the name.

Look in your room for moveable plastic. If they are in dirt, try putting one in a diff . room with no plastic or different paint, etc.

Beleive me man, it fukkin drove me fikkin nuts, i had a new theroy every 2 or 3 days, til i found out how terribly simple and ridiculous it was.

Well best of luck mannn!

PS- when it DOESNT STOP no matter WHAT THE FUCK YOU CHANGE with nutes, airtemp, light distance, etc . . thats the BIGGEST SIGN

Is your reservoir light proof?

A little bit of light can cause an algae bloom, which will cause PH to Spike rapidly.

also if someone can tell me how to upload pics, I got stuck with trying up here one post up lol thx!

Create an album and upload the pics to this site, then use the little 'insert image' button.

See POSTING PICS ON OPENGROW