•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Fuzz420

250w HPS XXL Grow Cabinet

Ive been peiceing this project together for a few months now and I had a stroke of good luck come my way so i thought i would share my new wares.

Box

I have 250w HPS w/ Digital Galaxy ballast

Hortilux Bulb

Cool Tube

120mm 190 CFM Delta PC fan with Speedcontroller for the filter

120mm 150 CFM Delta PC fan with speedconroller for the cool tube

To power those beast delta fans i purchased two 12vdc 5amp power supplies from wally world

Couple of pics of the Super Beast 190 cfm delta vs standard pc fan

gallery_488_1024_53359.jpg

gallery_488_1024_36197.jpg

gallery_488_1024_6366.jpg

gallery_488_1024_37070.jpg

Couple pics of the cab where i stand

gallery_488_1024_146587.jpg

gallery_488_1024_648721.jpg

gallery_488_1024_106464.jpg

Shes been lined with two layers of 2mil mylar to get the box glow down to an absolute minimum.

Right now im cutting the intake/exhaust holes for the cool tube and once thats finished that will be all for todays work

I hope to have this operaton in less than two week so i can get some Sannies Jack and MOD bx clones to jump start then the rest of the grow will be from seed stock

Hallo Fuzz,nice looking Box you build there :)

Best of Luck with this one,wish you some nice buds,mate!!

:lol:

Much appreciated Saxo and Rampage. I can wait to get the show on the road

Much appreciated Saxo and Rampage. I can wait to get the show on the road

Nice work Fuzz. I'm a fan of 250W grows. Perfect size for personal use w/ reasonable investment.

No odor control?

Phyto

Phyto-Thaks alot. Yes i will have odor control but its hasnt been designed yet, but it will be getting added real soon. Ill will be running some stinkers so a filter is a must. I hope the 250w will keep me from buying bud again, i want to be self sufficient

w00t! Good for you - self sufficiency is the way to go. I haven't had to buy for 5 years now, and it's so nice :lol:. I actually sometimes feel bad about how removed I am from the monetary aspect. Tossing thing or putting them in the hash pile, when I know others would love what I'm "throwing away". But I give plenty away - so I hope it balances out :)nice job & good luck :)

Hello Fuz420!

Nice closet you've buid here, I like home made style the only things to revise imo is the mylar arrangement.

You must flatten it completly or the wave will reflect but also will concentrate the light on some part of your cannopy and for sure burn it and even with a cool tube!

(And maybe put an other pc fan in the bottom of the closet to in tract more fresh air if needed) must be done if you are growing in summer.

Wich strains are you going to grow in it?

I settle down in a corner

bye

Nice work Fuzz. I'm a fan of 250W grows. Perfect size for personal use w/ reasonable investment.

No odor control?

Phyto

Uh, I've grown great little crops with 250s, but it is nowhere near enough for me to be elf sufficient...i veg under 250, but right now bud under 1000 watt. A couple years ago i flowered under 3000 watts, THAT WAS JUST PERFECT AMOUNT!

to contain the light, id get weather sripping for the doors, a buck or two at wally world, and those draft preventers for under the doors

Also, in a small box, id shitcan the mylar. My grow store sells the orca film for 3 bux for a 1 ft x 4 ft strips. 2 strips may cover ur area, and the shit is awesome!

But i do like the box Fuzz, you can do great learning with em. But if you're like me, 250 will leave ya wanting more more more!!!!

Peace bro,

Indi

In a pinch you can also make a curtain with a 3 ml black contractor strength garbage bag. Cut it the width of the cab and tape it to the top of the inside. When you shut the doors it blocks the light and cuts down on smell. I did that on my cab with an upper and lower section. Worked great. Rolled it up to work. Next cab had a 3 inch wide piece that fit inside one door with a piece of weather stripping. You shut that door first, then the other closes on top of it. That just leaves the top and bottom for weather stripping.

I'm building a drying cabinet for stealth. Will be doing this to my fan... http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f8/diy-sou...nnon-fan-19297/.

That and a speed controller should make it nearly silent. Will be doing that to all my fans, my major source of sound.

Toker- Lets hope there large and Sticky :lol:

Robotdinosaur- Thats where i hope to be. When i Hear the words drought i would like to chuckle

Mikescofield-Your right after doing testing one of the spots on the door wasnt as flat as the other and it allowed alot more light to come through. Good point i never thought about there being a hot spot created. I will be adding a seoncond fan that will have the filter attached and im hoping that should cool the rest of the box. Its a 190cfm i hope that is enough. Thanks for your input. From Clone ill be running Sannies Jack, Green Manalishi, and MOD bx(destroyer x kalimist). From seed ill be running Herijuana NYCD F3, NYCD x blueberry sativa,Chocolate rain(on the way), and maybe double koosh.

Indican- Thanks for the tips. I do have weather stripping and i have already lined the doors fully now as not seen in the pics, but most of the light leak from the doors was simply due to the fact that i was running the cords for testing purposes under them. Now theres just one tiny spot at the bottom where the doors close and and meet that has a spot, barely noticable as shines on my wooden floor you can barely see it, but i will do my best to take care of it completely. True ill propably be wanting more, but im sure this will help most of the time, but anything will be better than nothing

Joker- I was actually considering something similar to just cut down on the light when i open her up for feedings so i dont have small sun lighting up my tiny apartment bedroom.Awsome link, because let me tell you what those of you that arent familiar with delta fans, ill will let you just this ONE fan sounds like small jet in my room. The roar is EXTREMLY noticeable. I knew it was going to be loud, but i have under estimated how loud just one fan is let alone two fans @ or above 50%, ouch. I was thinking about doing a light trap on the outside to the minimizel light coming from the fan outlets(s) but at the same time hoping to knock down the sound. I believe this could be a vaible solution.

Thanks all for you comments, questons, and concerns it really is appreciated :)

Speed controller attached to the fan will lower the sound greatly and make your filter more effective. That and the soundproofing will be great.

I exhaust my grow room outside and it's a quiet whoooosssshhh. I use a duct muffler for my cabs. Fan is suspended with bungees in an insulated box, but still a small vibration. A wall mounted fan disguises the sound. My grow is in a working studio and no one has picked up on it. Guests, alarm installation, phone guy, co workers.

One more important thing. Put a lock on it. Locks keep honest people honest .

Speed controller attached to the fan will lower the sound greatly and make your filter more effective. That and the soundproofing will be great.

I exhaust my grow room outside and it's a quiet whoooosssshhh. I use a duct muffler for my cabs. Fan is suspended with bungees in an insulated box, but still a small vibration. A wall mounted fan disguises the sound. My grow is in a working studio and no one has picked up on it. Guests, alarm installation, phone guy, co workers.

One more important thing. Put a lock on it. Locks keep honest people honest .

Hey fuzz, i use the massy fans back in the day. I'm sure u have seen em. I still use a 4 " to blow from under my vert bulb. Its a 1000watt bulb. I modified two in a cabinet ad exhaust fans.. they have many sizes. I have 3 fans in my room now, one up, one above the light and one out the door. I'm in a not so quiet house and outside the room right now can't hear shit. A small cab should be easy to quieten

Joker- Speed controller makes a difference depending on where i have to keep it in relation to the temps being nominal. If the fan gets above 50% she freaking LOUD!!!! Good call in the lock but i did grab me a ltttle key lock, just to keep folks honest :lol:

Indican- I need to get a video clip up for you guys of this one fan in action just show you guys how loud of a noise im working with here. The second fan thats not installed yet is even louder. The fans are rated around 60db a piece . Im sure with yall help and a little ingenuity i can get the sound down, but i want to be clear that its not going to be easy.

Made a little video. Still have plenty of work to do but this is how its sitting so far.

Fans are both on full kill, and theres no intake so far.Once i get the passive intakes im sure temps will drop even more

Hey Fuzz420

Wow dude I just watched the video now and I didnt realise they were THAT loud. It sounds like there is a small airport in your room. What are the current temps in the cab with those fans on half speed? Maybe just check the temps and keep adjusting the speed of the fans until you reach a nice balance between noise and temps? Although like you say the addition of intakes pulling in cool air will also be able to keep the temps low.

:grinning_respect:

Thanks rampage, and yes i do have a couple of F-16's ready for take off.I did a test around 70% power with both fans and the temps were about 86*F. I will say there is negative pressure because as you can see it took a second to get the cab open, the fan was pulling the door closed.

Yeh that noise is loud, I mean they look like pc fans but sound like fighter planes :grinning_respect:

Have you added the passive intakes yet? I'm sure that should solve the problem of the negative pressure, and at the moment those fans are pulling out the hot air but there isnt any cool air to replace it so intakes at the bottom should definately drop the temps. I see MikeScofield already brought up the issue of the mylar needing to be flat otherwise it will create hotspots but I'm sure it will also help reduce the temps?

I was going to add the intakes last night, but i got sleepy and lazy so it didnt get dont.Hopefully I can get motivated to knock them out today/tonight. Yes the mylar is certainly a concern, it nees a once over again.

Haha I also get lazy and sleepy sometimes :D

Napping has been found to be beneficial. Napping for 20 minutes can help refresh the mind, improve overall alertness, boost mood and increase productivity.[2] Napping may benefit the heart. In a six-year study of Greek adults, researchers found that men who took naps at least three times a week had a 37 percent lower risk of heart-related death.[3] Napping may also relieve headaches Scientists have been investigating the benefits of napping for years: the 20-minute nap, as well as sleep durations of 1–2 hours. Performance across a wide range of cognitive processes have been tested. Studies demonstrate that naps are as good as a night of sleep for some types of memory tasks. A NASA study led by David F. Dinges, professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, found that naps can improve certain memory functions and that long naps are better than short ones.[4] In that NASA study, volunteers spent several days living on one of 18 different sleep schedules, all in a laboratory setting. To measure the effectiveness of the naps, tests probing memory, alertness, response time, and other cognitive skills were used.

The National Institute of Mental Health funded a team of doctors, led by Alan Hobson, Robert Stickgold, and colleagues at Harvard University for a study which showed that a midday snooze reverses information overload. Reporting in Nature Neuroscience, Sara Mednick, Stickgold and colleagues also demonstrated that, in some cases, a 1-hour nap could even boost performance to an individual's top levels. The NIMH team wrote: "The bottom line is: we should stop feeling guilty about taking that 'power nap' at work."[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nap#Benefits

Once all the hard work is done the cab will last a long time and give you many great buds in return :grinning_respect:

LoL, nice article. I do prefer my 1-2 hour power naps, but yesterday i only had a 20. If i would have gotten an hour in i could have had the boost in perforance :grinning_respect:

Finally got around to cutting my passive intake holes. Remounted the Fans and got them flush with some short screws i found.PUt some weather stripping around them to help keep the light down. Currently Im less than impressed with preliminary testing. Getting temps averaging around 90*F :specool. Gotta run out for now, but later on im ill mess with the speed controllers to see if i can find a balance