•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Fuzz420

250w HPS XXL Grow Cabinet

Well i got the temps down to around 86*F messing with the speed controllers. Definelty not good enough, but it was suggested for me to check my cool tube as it sits on the wall and it may be hindering the airflow. Besides that i havent messed with it, i will next week as ill be house sitting for my mother the next four days. The fun part about going out of town for a few days is i get to figure out a creative way to keep my plants alive for two additional days while im away, i have a plan thats worked in the past, that i will implement :specool

Do yourself a big favor and buy a good inline fan of at least 5". Then also buy a variac to control the speed or buy a 5 speed fan. Your fans build hardly any pressure. They are very low power. Also you will need to use insulated ducting to keep the noise down.

Thanks for stopping by Whazzup. Im going to have to disagree. My fans on paper should be plenty strong. These are not typical PC fans at all they Server Fans.

Rated Voltage : 12V

Operating Voltage Range : 7 ~ 13.2V

Input Current : 2.00 Amp

Input Power : 24W

Maximum Air Pressure : 17.78 mmH2O

The Delta 120x38mm Extreme High-Speed Fan is an outrageously high performance fan that moves 190 cubic feet of air every minute. It also has an amazing over 3:1 airflow to noise ratio. The 120mm EHE features directional fin design characteristic of FFB series. Directional fins force air to flow exactly where it's needed and achieve minimum noise under high airflow and strong air pressure. The fan has RPM TAC output through its 3 Pin connector.

and

Rated Voltage : 12V

Operating Voltage Range : 7 ~ 13.2V

Input Current : 1.45 Amp

Input Power : 17.40 Watt

Maximum Air Pressure : 12.43 mm H²O Physical Spec

Dimensions 120 x 120 x 25mm Features

Features The Delta 120 x 25mm Extreme High-Speed Fan is an outrageously high performance fan that moves over 150 cubic feet of air every minute, the highest CFM 120x25mm fan readily available. It also has an amazing near 3:1 airflow to noise ratio. The 120mm EH features the same directional fin design characteristic of FFB series. The fan has RPM TAC output through its 3 Pin connector.

The should be build more than enough pressure so i need to findagle with them.

Well ive been frustrated witht this box to say the least

I found some motivation so when i get some uninterrupted time in the middle of the night hours ill try again. This time im going to take down the tube and flip the intake and out puts sides and see if theres a difference

I really need to get this show on the road. My PC's are filling up with Vegging/cloning/ and unsexed plants

It's not easy. The first one I built had a lot of issues, but it worked.

The next round was better, but still imperfect.

Hope you get it to work for ya .

Thanks for the word of encouragement joker.

Ive been messing around with this thing for atleast the last hour, hour and a half or so. It says im about 9* over ambient 77*F

Also i realized that the Quoted specs are WRONG!!!

MY FFB1212EHE F-00 the 190cfm fan is Actually 3 amps Not 2A as listed.(36w)

The FFB1212EH F-00 150cfm fan is actually 1.74A not 1.45A as listed.(21w)

Im starting to think maybe i should have grabbed the 240cfm model as well.

Well as last reported in my PC Grow thread, i would be moving. Well the move is complete and im i my new home. Since i got all my equipment set back up and i fired up the Grow box to see how she would do. Well after a few hours of running, them temps fluctuated just slightly but seem to stay about 7* above ambient. So now i think its time to get started. So i went through my seed catalog, and picked out a few strains, for the new setup. I chose Sannies Walhalla, Herijuana, Female Seeds Black widow, and Chocolate Rain. Ill Pop 5 at a time. until there all up and going.

250W Grows - Not exactly going to provide you enough for self sufficiency - unless you're a very light smoker.

I'm @7 weeks with my first proper crop under the 250 - The buds have not a whole lot of density, and not a whole lot of weight - so less risk of mould and such - I'd much rather have gone with a 400W.

As for your cooling, I only use 2 pc fans, just regular 12V/dc ones, and it's more than enough.

Thanks for stopping by Huplasmate.

What kind of setup do you have your 250w in, also what strains do you have going?

I dont think ill be fully sufficienty but the nugs from a 250w will make a life a whole lot better :)

I honestly wouldn't mind trying a 400w on a dimmable ballast. Keep it down in the summer, and durring the winter turn it up to full kill to take advantage of the cooler temps

Ok finally got settled enough to start up the box

I put my 5 flowering plants from my PC in the box, and there way undersized. I have two Jacks, and three Green Manalishi's in there. I also dropped 5 Female seeds Black Widows in water and 7 Chocolate Rains. Soon as i get those seeds in dirt in the big box ill crack, Walhalla and Herijuana

I am trying to figure out how much area you are trying to cover with

your 250 watter?

I do like the dimmable digital ballasts the 400s let you run a 250

250W Grows - Not exactly going to provide you enough for self sufficiency - unless you're a very light smoker

maybe and maybe not

it depends on a lot of different things , and to be somewhat honest ones growing skill plays a big part

I have seen folks over the years with high watts do shit for yield

and folks with low watts do great per watt

but growing style is very important with light a 250 will only cover so much area with a plants so many inches tall

with 250 it might be good to bend or pinch maybe some low stress training

or maybe a ScOG or SOG with short clones

sorry :( my friend to jack your thread a little

I wish you the best in your grow and if I can help you please always feel free to ask

someone helped me :)

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

almost forgot thanks for the welcome

it is great to be back at this fine place

Thanks for stopping by Dequelo, no worries i appreciate your post.

I thought i had the Dimensions of the box written down but i cant seem to find them and i dont have my measuring tape handy right now either. Off the top of my head i believe it its 36inH x 34inL x 18in W, roughly.

Unfortunately at the time of purchase i didnt know about the dimmable ballast,but i would hate to buy one for 400w and only use 250, seems a like alot of wasted power on the table. If i ever get the funds I will consider a 400w dimmable especially after i had this new box running a while and I'm used to how it works.

I'll be doing a SOG run as its the method I'm most comfortable with. I'll most likely top them in veg, and once again as soon as they hit flower to get many budsites. If i were to run the box in one single run i dont see why i couldnt manage 4-6 zips respectively and about a quarter of that regularly in a perpetual.

Since i have two PC's available for Veg and clones, ill just be cycling them every so often as its really hard to keep micro mothers.

Lastly, i changed my mind of the Walhalla's, I'll be doing Mota's Double Koosh. I'll hold off on another sativa until i see how the Black Widow does.

sounds like a plan :)

you could fit 16 , 6 inch square pot sin a 25 inch by 25 inch area your 250 will not cover 34 inches long that well

it would cover a 25 by 25 nicely

put 16 clones in the pots root them 3 or 4 days under 24 hour light give 36 hours of darkness then 12/12 or whatever you like

do about 15 grams a plants dried and cured , you doing a gram a watt

with the right clone and a setup dialed in it is doable

using a setup like that I would not veg long as you will overgrow that light quickly 3 or 4 days under 24 hour light will give you roots

feed the hell out of them and it should be all good

the best of luck and be safe

Dequelo

first box i built to grow inside the spring 2001 I had just join OverGrow

gallery_164_91_2925.jpg

OG had two sites I was not at OG but the other one some kind member said buy some high bay warehouse

lights they are cheap and you are at the wrong site register at OG so I did both

I made that box 4 foot deep by 8 foot long and 8 foot tall so I did not have to use a saw as I smoke way too much to use power tools

gallery_164_43_18011.jpg

gallery_164_43_2828.jpg

I did like 800 grams of the nices buds for my first grow out of the box

it has 1200 watts in it 2 MH and 1 HPS

I was so happy I had just stopped grow outside about a year and half before and was just about out of weed

but it got to where outside I was grow for the ripper and the police and myself so it was too much work

all the best and grow well

Dequelo

Instead of 16 6in square pots, how about 20 4in pots? Ive already went with the smaller pot, but i did consider buying 6in. I believe i can fit 24 4in in there, and i was going to try to six clones at a time.

If 15 grams is one gram per watt, then if i can manage 6-8 grams per plant i think that would put me right were i need to be. I think that would actually keep me from buying product, and i could blaze 2 grams of quality product daily.

Lovely pics of your grow. 800 grams i bet that had you smiling for ear to ear :D

800 grams i bet that had you smiling for ear to ear

at that time I indeed was smiling ear to ear :) as I was almost out of weed

I was smoking roaches that I had saved for years

so fresh bud was more then welcomed

good luck with your grow and keep us up to date

Dequelo

Time for some, pics not much to see yet.

Everything came out of the PC's and i had i had already started flowering so there way undersized and malnourished at the moment

First up the Jack, she was closer to finish than i realized, so she has about 2 weeks left but she definitely loving the stronger light. All her trichs are milky so she will be ready for a little turkey day smoke :)

gallery_488_1024_182213.jpg

gallery_488_1024_3308112.jpg

gallery_488_1024_1875685.jpg

gallery_488_1024_2140993.jpg

gallery_488_1024_1596779.jpg

gallery_488_1024_1432598.jpg

Green Manalishi

She's about 3 weeks in flower, and having crazy nitrogen deficiencies, along with the others not pictured. Gave them a heavy dose of grow formula before i went to sleep and checked them when i woke up before the light went off, and the already seem to be loving that dose. They should be back on track in about 10 days

gallery_488_1024_1013595.jpg

gallery_488_1024_2499507.jpg

gallery_488_1024_1246753.jpg

since the Gm's are still young they should benifit a lot from a bigger pot and stronger light even though they are about the same height as they were in the pc. Should be intersting come x-mas time :P

Today was the day for the loan Jack.

gallery_488_1024_2425227.jpg

gallery_488_1024_2353209.jpg

gallery_488_1024_36299.jpg

gallery_488_1024_41511.jpg

gallery_488_1024_1223412.jpg

gallery_488_1024_2424048.jpg

gallery_488_1024_1724947.jpg

gallery_488_1024_281532.jpg

gallery_488_1024_2265289.jpg

gallery_488_1024_122102.jpg

gallery_488_1024_780129.jpg

gallery_488_1024_1163198.jpg

gallery_488_1024_2661383.jpg

gallery_488_1024_2303645.jpg

gallery_488_1024_3149070.jpg

gallery_488_1024_2855658.jpg

gallery_488_1024_1683530.jpg

gallery_488_1024_2965691.jpg

gallery_488_1024_1842765.jpg

gallery_488_1024_2086716.jpg

Well some how the pics came up in backwards order :/

This particular plant got just short of 3 weeks flower in the new setup, and as such she didnt fill in the way she could have but the nugs she does have are much more dense than in the past.

Also she has about 5-7% amber trichs and the rest were milky. If the holiday wasnt coming up I'd let her go for another week, but a week early she should be pretty good :)

High Fuzz,

Nice looking budz u got there bro!

But cant help to notice some kind of pellets on them, some white dots like things... (f.e. fourth last picture, u see 3 pellets laying on the leaf)

Don't know iff U noticed but ,wouldnt want some kind off unhealthy things on it for you man..

Enjoy though , looks tasty for the rest!

Greetings!

Thanks Lexn.

Well Those white pellets are from the dirt. Im guessing perlite. See i like to squeeze my buds and sometimes dirt might make it up to the buds, or they fall over and pic up specs of dirt because there so sticky icky :)

Instead of 16 6in square pots, how about 20 4in pots?

after talking with you about 16 - 6 inch square I was looking for something else today

I found a couple 250 watt new bulbs MH/HPS

so I thought why not do a grow with them

so I am going to try the 16 pot from clone SOG

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

Thats Sounds fun, keep us updated :)

Now after running this box for a couple weeks, it maybe able to handle an adjustable 400w. My fans are turned all the way down, and theres been some warm days but the temps stay consistently 7* F above ambient

Eventually ill have to get a filter made before it starts to warm up in the spring/summer but for now a 400 should be no problem. I could probably squeeze a 600w in there but im not willing to run my fans that high since i have to run them while im sleep.