•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Unexperienced

Outdoor Bubba Kush Grow

Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad , does not work on mites ... only thrips

http://www.amazon.com/Spinosad-Garden-Inse...0564&sr=8-1

For mites and aphids

Master Nursery Pest Fighter Oil is cheap and has worked for me every time.

The suckiest part of being a soil grower is that worm castings and soil always have some kind of bug in them. Every time you transplant you have to spray.

You also should get the Safer Caterpillar Killer once they start budding. It's organic, breaks down in three days and will keep them from eating your buds from the inside out.

Your plants are really looking nice :grinning_respect:

They do have big leaves so they are satisfied.

Have a nice grow.

Blowsterke

:grinning_respect:

Give me a pic from the side please ... they are so so sweet !! i want to see more :(

and about insects outside, i tell you my opinion. ...

You grow outdoor and you should respect nature when you do that. this is my point of view.

there is no " fatal attack outdoor except " stolers" or police to me :D

They dont need more then water and sun

your babies are so nice !! :tu

nathalie'

I once harvested IN CALIFORNIA a plant whose every bud was eaten from the inside out by caterpillars. It was a fatal attack as the buds were not even worth making hash out of. Trust me from experience. Safers breaks down in 3 days and is OMRI approved.

They need a lot more than water and sun if you want the best quality. This guy is one of the best outdoor growers I've ever seen. http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f7/humbold...r-2010-a-18537/

All organic too.

Just read this : We also spray a fully organic OMRI listed insect spray from a company called Monterey Garden to take care of any bugs. It's cheap and it's blown away every other thing I've tried.

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f7/humbold...html#post416142

Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad , does not work on mites ... only thrips

Spinosad kills anything that consumes it, the problem is - people don't get good enough coverage unless they use a spreader/sticker.

I STILL use Captain Jack's Deadbug brew (spinosad), not because it's better than Monterey, but because Monterey isn't available here. I used to buy

it at home depot once in a while, and now, they just stopped carrying it.

I broke "Plant Law", and used it as the same miticide for over 2 years, and eventually made spinosad resistant mites, but they were BROAD mites, not spider

mites.

Check out the label, it even says to use a spreader/sticker FOR MITES, but no one ever reads the shit:

gallery_1057_627_177792.jpg

So what people do next, is mix their "safe" spinosad, with something LETHAL TO HUMANS, like this:

31061.jpg

Hey people, keep your product safe for PEOPLE, and use this as your spreader/sticker:

gallery_1057_627_124898.jpg

Make sure to adjust the PH of the spray, after you mix it as well, to between 5.5-6.5 (Conserve SC, the people who invented spinosad; they say to do this).

Spinosad also degrades in light...the goal is translaminar penetration, or the shit just doesn't last as long under a grow light.

It's awesome outside as well - I spray it all over myself - I'm fine. My dog eats it for fleas, and kills anything that bites him, even mosquitoes...

For dogs, it's called "Comfortis"...

Also, you can kill millions of mosquitoes, by pouring 6oz/gallon spinosad into a hollowed out mellon/squash...they feed on it and die in less than a day.

*Edit*

Oh yeah, here's Coco-Wet...

ok ok ... maybe you can try something " natural " to be free from some insects to to have any attacks .... buuuuut ....

They need a lot more than water and sun if you want the best quality.

( a lot more ?? )

I say this is untrue !

they can easilly be really nice and good quality with only sun and water. (outdoor and in soil i mean )

sorry the joker, but i'm sure of what i'm saying now.

And when plants are good looking like his ones, not even snails attacks ^^ ... the grower just has to let them grow a bit and see, and learn before using anything more then sun and water :grinning_respect:

But this is still my point of view.

All i could say is " come over my place and taste, then you'll see" :tu

I'm a nature lover and i respect nature. I wish each grower could do the same. This is all

See you' :D

I mean no disrespect, but my experience is that plants need more than to be stuck in the ground and watered.

Sure for head stash, it doesn't really matter. But for medical grows like he is doing, only the best of the best is expected. Your buds are compared to others and looked at under UV for mold and bugs and dirt and hair. They break it apart, smell it , examine it and smoke it. If its for a medical collective , the standards are soooo high here. If it's for your head stash, then it doesn't really matter. But if you know what the best is and want that for your head stash, then you need more than just water.

This year I started my veggie garden 100% organic. I'm doing biweekly compost teas because that's all I have time for. The difference between the areas of my garden which I top dress and give tea to is radical, both in health, drought resistance and mold resistance. My area is so bad that even my succulents get rust and pm. I do have to spray for PM with Serenade every few weeks. I also have to use organic sluggo for the slugs. I tried to grow without those products and lost my snap peas, beets and tomatoes to PM and snails. Also with the teas, if I forget a watering , the soil is alive! No biggie.

If you actually read the second link I posted you will see that he shows another garden which is planted with companion plants. These plants attract bugs away from the pot plants. Another alternative to sprays. But if you do nothing HERE IN CALIFORNIA where he is growing, your plants will suffer.

Here's a great post from unexperienced: https://www.opengrow.com/index.php?s=&s...st&p=488940 Fish emulsion is like magic for plants outdoors. It truly is. Bat guano tea brings the flavor out in an amazing way.

Here are some organic plants taken all the way.

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f7/humbold...html#post436496

Thank you Clepter, Joker and Nathalia for the good advice. It's always good to learn from people that have done their research. And thank you blowersmoke for your compliment.

Unfortunately for me I really need to have medicine this season or else i'm forced to go buy at the dispensary and not know what the fudge i'm getting but most likely all kinds of chemicals that are like 20X more hazardous than those just mentioned by Clepter and Joker. I dont like going against nature and I like to stay old fashioned which always works (if you make your own compost and ladybugs naturally breed themselves every season in your garden etc..)but this year i'm growing in an infested new location where unfortunately I have to spray those mofos. I just want to prevent a couple of things that will raise my odds this season to end up with a finished product. Next season i'll use my own compost made from banana peels and manures, grass clippings etc.. But for now I guess i'm just giving them what they need on a daily basis trying to not overdo it. One thing I did notice and has me a little suspicious is that the most infected plant(probably only plant) is close to a rose bush. Goodbye rose bush. I will not be growing from clones anymore :specool There's nothing like starting from seed and producing healthy plants that grow faster and stronger instead of inheriting deseases that come from someone else's mistakes.

I usually dont update with pics untill Friday because it takes some time and my quality sucks since i do it with my cell phone but here's some new side pic's from yesterday. It was very sunny and hot outside that it was hard to get a nice picture but on Friday i'll take some after 6 or 7 pm. The reason why I update on Friday is so we can notice a little bit of a difference but here ya go anyways.

gallery_3590_2118_90066.jpg plants are so leafy that I had to grab them to be able to take a pic of the trunk.

gallery_3590_2118_168467.jpg

gallery_3590_2118_152869.jpg

They grow really well and look so happy. This beautiful green says everything is ok ^^

and they look already very strong :specool

I really dont worry for them :lol:

That will be a great show my friend

As they say ... keep them green :yummy:

see you'

Thank you Nathalia, I came to the conclusion that plant number 1 is being affected by a big ass rosebush so it doesnt get as much sun light but its still just as big as the other babies. The rosebush is what caused #1 to get the bugs then they were starting to spread to #2 that's why I know its that 20 year old rosebush so goodbye bush, it took like 2 days to convince my landlord to let me take it down haha. It also blocks light for a certain time of the day so #1 is not as green as all the other ones but its the biggest, number 3 is the one I last showed which is the darkest green and #5 is the one that is growing slow but its really nice. The person that donated the clones to me told me that its very normal to have some that dont grow as fast as the other clones this strain and it happens on many grows he has done with it and its a strain from before 1998 so I ended up keeping it but I gave it a decent amount of fish emulsion 3 days ago and if it burns on me then oh well and if it doesnt then i'll know the power of fish emulsion. I've tried fish emulsion on squash and cucumbers and no joke some of those squash looked like the size of a teeball baseball bat so lets see what happens on experiment #5.

Thank you Nathalia, I came to the conclusion that plant number 1 is being affected by a big ass rosebush so it doesnt get as much sun light but its still just as big as the other babies. The rosebush is what caused #1 to get the bugs then they were starting to spread to #2 that's why I know its that 20 year old rosebush so goodbye bush, it took like 2 days to convince my landlord to let me take it down haha. It also blocks light for a certain time of the day so #1 is not as green as all the other ones but its the biggest, number 3 is the one I last showed which is the darkest green and #5 is the one that is growing slow but its really nice. The person that donated the clones to me told me that its very normal to have some that dont grow as fast as the other clones this strain and it happens on many grows he has done with it and its a strain from before 1998 so I ended up keeping it but I gave it a decent amount of fish emulsion 3 days ago and if it burns on me then oh well and if it doesnt then i'll know the power of fish emulsion. I've tried fish emulsion on squash and cucumbers and no joke some of those squash looked like the size of a teeball baseball bat so lets see what happens on experiment #5.

oh and by the way the reason why I overfed #5 and not the others is not just because of the size but so because its planted in the soil that I purchased and after the store soil which is only a couple gallons the roots are gonna grow through that extremely good fertil soil and then encounter a high amount of sand. Drainage is good but its definitely on the fast side. I like good fast drainage and light watering. That's my style, I dont use rooting hormones I believe it doesnt make the roots any better in the long run. Rooting hormones were only used on my babies during the cloning process and i'm not sure if its the only way to clone but i've never cloned so its not in my power to have clones with or without hormones ever used but I think i'm doing the right thing to try and see if powder mold doesnt present itself on these plants because the donor said its almost guaranteed i'll get powder mold and my goal is to try and prevent that mold and if my friend is interested in cloning some from my yard then i'm doing something good for nature. I do feel like the rooting hormones weaken the plants imune system in the long run so I dont recommend using rooting hormones unless its for cloning. If I feel like my roots need a little bit of help I use bone meal but this time i've only used fish emulsion on all my plants. There's still plenty of nutrients in the soil and the plants havent told me that they need something so why mess with them right? "if it aint broke dont fix"

Serenade. Roses are magnets for PM and Rust ( and aphids). I have many roses, but I have to spray. Serenade is organic and works better than any PM product I've tried. I would spray it during veg, but not during flower. Only spray it in the late evening so it can dry in the dark. If you spray in the sun, it will fry your plants.

Quick note on Spinosad products: On my bottle , it specifically says it will not work on mites because they are sucking insects.

" Spinosad is a relatively new insect killer that was discovered from soil in an abandoned rum distillery in 1982. Produced by fermentation, Spinosad can be used on outdoor ornamentals, lawns, vegetables and fruit trees, to control caterpillars, thrips, leafminers, borers, fruit flies, and more. Spinosad must be ingested by the insect, therefore it has little effect on sucking insects and non-target predatory insects. Spinosad is relatively fast acting. The pest insect dies within 1 to 2 days after ingesting the active ingredient. Will not persist in the environment. Sunlight and soil microbes break it down into carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen. Classified as an organic substance by the USDA National Organic Standards Board. OMRI Listed for use in organic production. Controls Moth and butterfly larva including Gypsy moth, codling moth, leaf miners, bagworms, tent caterpillars, borers, thrips, Colorado potato beetle larva, leafrollers, webworms, armyworms, sawflies, gall midges, whiteflies, stinkbugs, harlequin bugs, squash vine borer, fruit flies and more. "

MONTEREY GARDEN INSECT SPRAY is intended for control of worms (caterpillars) and other listed insects. MONTEREY GARDEN INSECT SPRAY does not significantly impact predatory beneficial insects, predatory mites, and spiders while controlling target pests. Susceptible insect pests may be observed on plants up to several hours after treatment, but will have ceased active feeding before being killed. MONTEREY GARDEN INSECT SPRAY is classified as an organic substance by the USDA National Organic Standards Board.

But they do have an organic Mite Control product. What I use is not organic , but it works.

Since I wanted to stop the infestation asap I ended up using a non-organic product recommended by the local hydroponics store which is mostly used on spider mites and its called sns 217 Mite Spray. Its Natural but not organic so I screwed up! But oh well it is made up of 100% pure Rosemary botanical extracts so it cant be that bad. For powder mold I know for sure that eagle 20 works better than anything i've ever seen for powder mold but I dont like that stuff because its very dangerous for pets and children and specially when spraying it even if they arent close to it. I'm definitely gonna purchase serenade, its the right product for my target right now, thanks Joker.

Serenade. Roses are magnets for PM and Rust ( and aphids). I have many roses, but I have to spray. Serenade is organic and works better than any PM product I've tried. I would spray it during veg, but not during flower. Only spray it in the late evening so it can dry in the dark. If you spray in the sun, it will fry your plants.

Quick note on Spinosad products: On my bottle , it specifically says it will not work on mites because they are sucking insects.

" Spinosad is a relatively new insect killer that was discovered from soil in an abandoned rum distillery in 1982. Produced by fermentation, Spinosad can be used on outdoor ornamentals, lawns, vegetables and fruit trees, to control caterpillars, thrips, leafminers, borers, fruit flies, and more. Spinosad must be ingested by the insect, therefore it has little effect on sucking insects and non-target predatory insects. Spinosad is relatively fast acting. The pest insect dies within 1 to 2 days after ingesting the active ingredient. Will not persist in the environment. Sunlight and soil microbes break it down into carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen. Classified as an organic substance by the USDA National Organic Standards Board. OMRI Listed for use in organic production. Controls Moth and butterfly larva including Gypsy moth, codling moth, leaf miners, bagworms, tent caterpillars, borers, thrips, Colorado potato beetle larva, leafrollers, webworms, armyworms, sawflies, gall midges, whiteflies, stinkbugs, harlequin bugs, squash vine borer, fruit flies and more. "

MONTEREY GARDEN INSECT SPRAY is intended for control of worms (caterpillars) and other listed insects. MONTEREY GARDEN INSECT SPRAY does not significantly impact predatory beneficial insects, predatory mites, and spiders while controlling target pests. Susceptible insect pests may be observed on plants up to several hours after treatment, but will have ceased active feeding before being killed. MONTEREY GARDEN INSECT SPRAY is classified as an organic substance by the USDA National Organic Standards Board.

But they do have an organic Mite Control product. What I use is not organic , but it works.

All true "bugs" suck...that's how they eat, with a piercing proboscus.

Aphids, mites, most "flies" - they all eat by piercing and sucking (like we do with a capri sun mofo!)...

After you spray, they (mites) start running around in circles on the TOP of the leaf, like little insane fuckers - it makes me feel good...

When I wake up, they are still...

How do you think fleas get blood out of a dog? Comfortis, a spinosad preperation FOR FLEAS, KILLS THE MOFO'S...

My conclusion:

The people at montery must be viciously retarded to print such a label.

Think about it -

Pretend I covered a capri sun with "Hepatitis A" infected SHIT...HUMAN SHIT...

Do you think you'd get "The Hep" by sticking your straw through the infected feces, and into the capri sun?

Did they "downgrade" the spinosad a and d content of montery?

I've done tests (yeah, I am dr, mengala, go figure, it's in my blood - I CAN'T HELP IT) by spraying spinosad directly ON a number of spiders and insects - they really do die, they don't need to eat the shit at all.

Here are words directly from the inventors:

http://www.dowagro.com/turf/prod/spinosad.htm

Spinosad Overview

Spinosad (pronounced "spin-OH-sid") is derived through the fermentation of a naturally occurring organism. It uniquely combines the efficacy of synthetic products with the benefits of biological insect pest control products.

Spinosad has several attractive features when compared to most synthetic insect pest control products:

•It is derived through the fermentation of a naturally occurring organism;

•It is highly active at low use rates;

•It is active by ingestion and contact exposure;

•It has less impact on certain predatory beneficial insects; and

•It is active by a mechanism unique among known insect pest control compounds.

Spinosad has several attractive features when compared to most biological insect pest control products:

•It consistently demonstrates commercially acceptable control for labeled pests;

•It is effective by both contact and ingestion;

•It has quicker speed of control;

•It provides longer residual control in the field;

•It has no special handling or use restrictions.

Spinosad works by contact and by ingestion. Contact occurs either by direct application to the insect or by movement of the insect onto a treated surface. Ingestion occurs as insects feed on treated substrate (such as foliage). While control via contact is highly effective, control via ingestion is 5 - 10 times more effective.

Spinosad has a unique mode of action that is different from all other known insect control products. Spinosad causes excitation of the insect nervous system, leading to involuntary muscle contractions, prostration with tremors, and finally paralysis. These effects are consistent with the activation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors by a mechanism that is clearly novel and unique among known insecticidal compounds. Spinosad also has effects on GABA receptor function that may contribute further to its insecticidal activity.

Bold makes my point...

I'm not trying to say the opposite of what you're saying to be a dick - I'm just saying --> The people that labeled your product are goddamn retarded.

Or perhaps they need glasses:

"I went to the observatory, cause I can't see goddamnit!!!"

10257_char3l.jpg

Yeah, that was "The Jerky Boys" (Sol R.)...in case you missed it...

If Spinosad breaks down in 3 days can it still cause some long term damage to the plants enough that it might harm the consumer? I mean at a beggining stage of a plant this small i'd say the plant would have enough time to recover and being a damn near 100% organic grow by the time they start flowering wouldnt it be completely off the system? That's just my wild educated guess that I came up with but tell me if i'm wrong. Would be nice if there was some scientific studies done on this. So what do y'all think of that sns 217 spray I used? Seems to have worked really good. Today(actually yesterday because its already 1 am) I encountered traces of snails and some leafs half gone so I sprinkled Some sea salt around the area. Shit now i'm starting to see that outdoors can be just as challenging as indoors. Thiefs, millions of different bug species, God controlled climate etc... This week has been really good its been in the 90's and close to the 100's. They are loving that sun and they are drinking water up the ass! I watered 2 times daily for 3 straight days. Plant #5 seems to be doing good and still a slow grower but its looking nice. I'm gonna sprinkle a decent amount of some bone meal powder on the next watering and extra powder for plant #5. I want to give them a broad source of organic nutrients without burning just to make sure they stay well fed, specially 5 and 6 that are planted in very deep sandbox.

Alright I got pictures for week #5. Like I mentioned before there was a snail attack to plant #1. I almost swore there was no snails in that yard but mother nature i'm sure has surprised many of us at times. The good thing is that the rest that were comming didnt get to them lol. I picked up a shitload of snails today I tell ya. That 20 year old rose bush had its own little eco system or whatever you call it already and I also found one of the biggest ladybugs i've ever seen. I'm under the influence of ChemDawg as I type this in case you're all wondering lol. Anyways that rose bush was so freaking big that I only did like half of it today because it filled up the city's garbage can haha. And by the way here's some pictures of today after the couple of battles they've gone through they seem good. Plant 1 was the one affected by the snails but only a few leafs and its only vegging period right now so i'm not really concerned.

Week 5 plants #1-6

gallery_3590_2118_70798.jpg

gallery_3590_2118_199261.jpg

gallery_3590_2118_190479.jpg

gallery_3590_2118_96649.jpg

gallery_3590_2118_168976.jpg

gallery_3590_2118_55736.jpg

Finally the plants will get a break from that crazy heat we had this week. They enjoyed it and i'm very happy that they dont seem stressed because these days were very hot it was in the 100's for 3 straight days that I was watering 2 times a day just to be sure they stayed well hydrated but not over hydrated. That's the advantage of growing outdoor that you can water more without overwatering and the electriGod's electricity is free. Disadvantage is neighbors that might get a little overconfident.

Grow sites are full of people sounding the alarm about products based on nothing but worry and speculation and not fact.

You name the product and there is someone warning about it because if they can imagine it, it may happen.

Whatever negative effects Spinosad could have , it's not as bad as the act of inhaling smoke itself or smoking bug shit and spiderwebs which will be found in trace amounts on outdoor plants as well.

I will update pics next week and i'm skipping the pictures this week because when you see a plant weekly its hard to notice a difference but they were looking impressive yesterday. Biweekly pictures untill flowering now. I'm not having any pests problems or anything at the moment. They might look double the size next Friday(hopefully).

Hi rosebusk killer <_<

Your plants are really nice.

If they were in soil a bit earlier, they would already be monsters for sure !! But they're really good already :unsure:

Still by here waiting for the final show :rolleyes:

See you'

Hey sorry everyone my blackberry got stolen so I wasnt able to update on a daily basis like i was doing. Right now i'm curing all the bubba i'm sure i'll end up with anywhere from 2-3 lbs. Its a very low yielder and i'm dissapointed with the yield but i'm happy with the quality overall. I learned a lot of things from this experiment. Yes the plants did double in size but they grew bushy as hell they didnt really get tall and i only topped them one time. Now that i'm looking at those last pics i posted yes they probably trippled in size from those last pictures. I have 1 picture that i took with my wife's cell phone of plant #6 which happened to be the best. Plants number 3 and 4 were the worst I think because the water drained through the soil a lot slower in those 2 plants so they were a little stressed and the roots were starting to rott a little towards the end. I was gone for about 2 weeks and the person i left in charge was watering them everyday without my approval and that affected those 2 plants where the water would drain slow. They ended up finishing fast and the leafs were yellow from those 2 plants so i took those 2 out a little early for some reason they finished faster and the quality wasnt as good as the other 4. This is a strain I would rather do indoor for a little more ventilation. It does easily get bud rott but i ended up with so much that anything that had rotted i threw away and still ended up with a lot. I didnt have many worm problems or spider mites. I did have a ant problem but they caused no damage to the plants or the buds.