•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

BamaWeedSuck

Outdoor Herijuana Grow

Hey everybody this is my first grow of any sort, therefore i am a beginner in all aspects of growing and i am full of questions since where i live there not to many people that you can ask for advice and the ones you can ask you'll never meet them. So here goes this is my first grow of any kind and i have only two Herijuana plants growing in a garden thats been being used for about 9 yrs (good soil) and i mixed it with miracle grow moisture control not nutes but 2morrow i will be getting some Jobe''s All-Purpose Organic Tomatoe Spikes (4-4-4), but my question is, are they small for 26 day old plants or do they look about average size for 26 days, and also for the more experience growers. does either of the pics have any female qualities just first guessing (im not looking for a scientific response) some growers on other forums and this one say that plants have certain female or male features at a young age.

Thanks everybody for your time and any advice will be appreciated alot!

All pics are 26 days in are they average size? Any female qualities?

gallery_3668_2186_1602080.jpg

gallery_3668_2186_532529.jpg

gallery_3668_2186_221440.jpg

gallery_3668_2186_1213796.jpg

gallery_3668_2186_737746.jpg

gallery_3668_2186_1157673.jpg

gallery_3668_2186_645166.jpg

Please tell if any pics have any female characteristics!!!

The only thing I can point out to you my friend, is that they look good....but..in the open? Hope you have some great camo for when they get a bit bigger....otherwise, looking good!

Snookster :rolleyes:

They look good. I am not sure how big of plants you are trying to grow, but if you want them to be more low-key bushes it is time to top them. Heri does not get very big but in the direct sun they can surprise you and easly reach 4 to 5 feet. The picture second to last in your lineup appears to have a female node but it is hard to tell from your pics. If they are only 36 days old it is still a little early. Males tend to reach for the sky and get taller faster but this is not always true. The only surefire way I know of is wait till you see balls for a male or a single node with two hairs. As you grow a strain for awhile you will start to see traits earlyer between the sexes. Look between the joint where the branch meets the main stim. If you need any help this is the best place to be, on OpenGrow. There are no stupid questions and there are no mistake that you are going to make that someone else hasent already done. Goodluck to ya! & Happy growing!

The only thing I can point out to you my friend, is that they look good....but..in the open? Hope you have some great camo for when they get a bit bigger....otherwise, looking good!

Thanks Snook, but yeah I planned ahead and my camouflage is is 10 okra plants that are already about 3 feet and they usually get around 5 to 6 feet and my heri's are in the middle of them, but thanks.

Another question for my helpful new friends,,,, I bought some Jobes All Purpose Organic Spikes will this be ok 2 use and also in the great state of Roll Tide, lol, the temps have been on average 90 - 95 degrees since the April 27 tornadoes ( will u keep everyone the was affected in your prayers) but are the temps and humidity a good thing.

Thanks Friends!!!!

Another question for my helpful new friends,,,, I bought some Jobes All Purpose Organic Spikes will this be ok 2 use and also in the great state of Roll Tide, lol, the temps have been on average 90 - 95 degrees since the April 27 tornadoes ( will u keep everyone the was affected in your prayers) but are the temps and humidity a good thing.

Thanks Friends!!!!

Jobes makes some good stuff but the problem with the spikes is when they start to ware off or should I say not ware off fast enough. When it is time for flowering you are going to want to add some type of p/k boster and if these have not worn all the way away one can burn their plants very easyily. If it is a garden you can tend to, Sannie has some awsome products like his buffer tabs. They work very similar to the Jobes stakes but Sannie is there to answer any questions you might have as where with Jobes you will be on your own. I have found the best combo for me is, Sannies Buffer tabs, Sannies Bacto and then Dr. Earth bud and bloom two weeks or so into flowering.

Jobes makes some good stuff but the problem with the spikes is when they start to ware off or should I say not ware off fast enough. When it is time for flowering you are going to want to add some type of p/k boster and if these have not worn all the way away one can burn their plants very easyily. If it is a garden you can tend to, Sannie has some awsome products like his buffer tabs. They work very similar to the Jobes stakes but Sannie is there to answer any questions you might have as where with Jobes you will be on your own. I have found the best combo for me is, Sannies Buffer tabs, Sannies Bacto and then Dr. Earth bud and bloom two weeks or so into flowering.

By the way sannies buffer tabs are only about $10 and for that price will take care of three plants until time to bud. Your question about the humidity; the humidity is fine even great for the veg stage but if it stays humid up until september mold can be a problem but heri is the perfict strain because it finishes fast. Keep an eye on it still exspecialy if the buds are very dense. To be safe water the roots and not the buds.

By the way sannies buffer tabs are only about $10 and for that price will take care of three plants until time to bud. Your question about the humidity; the humidity is fine even great for the veg stage but if it stays humid up until september mold can be a problem but heri is the perfict strain because it finishes fast. Keep an eye on it still exspecialy if the buds are very dense. To be safe water the roots and not the buds.

Do u think any of the pics (at the top) have any female characteristic.Thank you!!!

And also the spikes are organic veg and bloom 3 months feed...

I am very grateful for you & everyone on the forum that's helping me.

They look good. I am not sure how big of plants you are trying to grow, but if you want them to be more low-key bushes it is time to top them. Heri does not get very big but in the direct sun they can surprise you and easly reach 4 to 5 feet. The picture second to last in your lineup appears to have a female node but it is hard to tell from your pics. If they are only 36 days old it is still a little early. Males tend to reach for the sky and get taller faster but this is not always true. The only surefire way I know of is wait till you see balls for a male or a single node with two hairs. As you grow a strain for awhile you will start to see traits earlyer between the sexes. Look between the joint where the branch meets the main stim. If you need any help this is the best place to be, on OpenGrow. There are no stupid questions and there are no mistake that you are going to make that someone else hasent already done. Goodluck to ya! & Happy growing!

Another question for u if I may, I am inexperienced can please tell what u mean as for as the node u were talking about. Thank You.

Jobes makes a bloom spike as well. You might have to order it, but I think I would. They look about right for your time frame. The plants won't be hard to camoflage until it gets closer to harvest time. Most generally there is noting else green growing at that time frame.

The humidity could be a drawback for you when it is getting close to harvest. The Herijuana as dense tight buds and with the humidity you could get bud rot or mildew.

Good luck.

If this is in a yard, or anywhere there is any lights at night to influence the plants, such as car passing by often, house lights, street lights within any distance at all etc, you will be dissapointed. It doesn't take much to influence fems to toss nanners and turn full on herm. I wish better news but this is something you may want to take into consideration. Maybe a move into the country while still young is in store? The plants, not you. :rolleyes:

good luck bd

Be careful with your Nutes....I have found that most of the "toyes" at Sannies take very little nutes and when they reach a certain age, they hate them. My Heri's grew quite big in the closet grow I did a few yrs. ago. Direct sunlight will make those babies shoot for the moon! It would be best to do your research here on Sannies site where most everything you can think of has already been asked and disected. Heri's are great and hardy plants. They will take a bit of abuse, but baby then as much as you can anyways.......

Hey everyone im back with an update of my heri's, it is now day 30 of my outdoor grow, since this is my first grow can anyone please give me some input.............Thanks Friends....

Do they look ok?

Which one do you all think are female?

gallery_3668_2186_169902.jpg

gallery_3668_2186_543765.jpg

gallery_3668_2186_1124108.jpg

gallery_3668_2186_575029.jpg

They sure look happy.

I've never been able to tell sex until I see a flower.

Another question for u if I may, I am inexperienced can please tell what u mean as for as the node u were talking about. Thank You.

Check out the GrowGuide section on here, it is loaded with good information. One of your best friends is the internet! Google "what does a femail marijauan plant look like," there will be more pictures than you can believe. A node developes where your bud will begin to grow. Look at your main stim where the branches come off. Where the branch "forks" off the main stim is where you will see your first sign of sex. It is as simple as a male has balls. If you start to see balls bunching together, pull it out the ground, unless you want seeds. A female will have one little "node" with two hairs sticking out of the top of it.

I have a few tips for you just because I want to pass on what I have been tought and learned. These are all just suggestions so you can develope your own style. Sorry for the bad spelling

1. Tomatoes are your best friend. The have the same grow period and you can tie your plants all up in the tomatoes and they will both be just as happy as can be. Tomatoes will florish under the same nutes plan also. Put tomatoe cages around all your babies and the tomatoes. If done right you can make your babies disapear to someone only 10 feet away.

2. Passion flower vines are also awsome. The will wrap around your plants and not choke them out.

3. Top everything or tie it down as often as possible during the veg stage because under natural sun they WILL get huge.

4. Dont use a "heavy" nutes plan. They will get big on there own. I can't say enough how big they will get outside. Keep in mind the smell on a hot humid august night they will smell. A pound of pot stinks after a September rain storm also, two plants can smell a couple block away.

Good luck to ya and if you need help ask Sannie or get on OpenGrow someone will help you.

I have a few tips for you just because I want to pass on what I have been tought and learned. These are all just suggestions so you can develope your own style. Sorry for the bad spelling

1. Tomatoes are your best friend. The have the same grow period and you can tie your plants all up in the tomatoes and they will both be just as happy as can be. Tomatoes will florish under the same nutes plan also. Put tomatoe cages around all your babies and the tomatoes. If done right you can make your babies disapear to someone only 10 feet away.

2. Passion flower vines are also awsome. The will wrap around your plants and not choke them out.

3. Top everything or tie it down as often as possible during the veg stage because under natural sun they WILL get huge.

4. Dont use a "heavy" nutes plan. They will get big on there own. I can't say enough how big they will get outside. Keep in mind the smell on a hot humid august night they will smell. A pound of pot stinks after a September rain storm also, two plants can smell a couple block away.

Good luck to ya and if you need help ask Sannie or get on OpenGrow someone will help you.

Thanks alot KBK for all the help you've been giving me, i hope u follow along with me, thanks for all the help!

Thanks alot KBK for all the help you've been giving me, i hope u follow along with me, thanks for all the help!

It is my pleasure. There is not much in this world that I enjoy doing more than helping a fellow human being discover the magic and pleasure from growing this truly blessed plant.

It is my pleasure. There is not much in this world that I enjoy doing more than helping a fellow human being discover the magic and pleasure from growing this truly blessed plant.

Hey bud u sent me a message but I dont know how to return it so i will do it here. It is still early to tell. Dont wory in time they will show their selves. If you realy want you can post a pic from the side of the plant. I need to be able to see where the brances break off from the main stem. I still think it is too early to tell. A good rule of thumb to follow is plant twice as many plants as you plan on having in the end because the is a rough average of 50/50 male to female.

Hey here are the closeups you asked for and also do u know what those little leaves are thats growing from where the branch and stem meets, is this any sign of sex,,,, Thanks!!!!

gallery_3668_2186_67415.jpg

https://www.opengrow.com/uploads/1309308422...186_1052665.jpg

https://www.opengrow.com/uploads/1309308422...2186_646796.jpg

https://www.opengrow.com/uploads/1309308422..._2186_67411.jpg

https://www.opengrow.com/uploads/1309308422...2186_807701.jpg

Those are secondary branching. You will not see any sign of sex until the plant reaches a later age and then preflowers will form that will tell you what flavor you have. It takes time my friend. Remember though, if you have any night time light poisoning your fems will hermaphrodite. That you can count on. The above mentioned suggestions are good ones. There are literally thousands of pictures on the web showing preflowering going on. Check them out. Good luck Amigo!! BDRx :rolleyes:

nice, what country are you growing out of? Last year Herijuana grown here in california ended up with mold problems. Best of luck for you this season.

Im in the deep south close to Georgia.

Thanks!

Hell ya man save me some Peaches :rolleyes:

If you get a 12 dollar pocket mic from radio shack or a strong loupe you can see at the 5-6 node usually

the male or female preflower at around 6 weeks inside, out side might take a bit longer but thats one way

you can find out a little sooner.

Good luck