•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Phazed

....Kubrick was trying to tell us something

Its hard to know where to begin but I hope all Stanley Kubrick fans watch this because in the details of certain films he is trying to tell us something. I must admit I never watched this film with too much mind, I was young at the time, didn't really appreciate movies back then, etc, etc. Now I am older and grumpier but have become a firm Stan fan. This just confirms it. Its sad though, and shocking but I think after watching this most people will find it...hard to deny.

No don't click it closed again just because you saw "The Title" pfff... This is not some crazy ass film, otherwise I wouldn't waste your good time posting it here. Stanley Kubrick is not a man that wasted time with his camera either, his films are legendary, 2001 being an immediate one. (I'm a science-fiction fan "Beam me up Snotty!") his social insight (A Clockwork Orange: random extreme violence, gang rape and general nastiness of society in the future) and political ridicule (Dr Strangelove) were unequalled. After watching the above, his camera skill should be only too evident also, slow motion, "cgi" and space environments in the late 60's? To infinity and beyond...

Cheers

Phazed

PS With stars in my eyes

To give a little background, I stumbled across this by accident after watching a so-called mockumentary which I didn't realise was a joke at the time called 'Dark Side of The Moon'. The whole Stanley/NASA thing is not a new one though. Anyway, in this docu Donald Rumsfeld and other Nixon advisers of the time all "act" and tell how Nixon ordered the filming of a fake moon-landing 'just in case' (using Stanley's studio) in order to save political face in case it really went "wrong" killing the astronauts, ordering all involved in the fake film to be killed to prevent info leaking and then sending in a counter-squad to eliminate the original hit team who had turned rogue. This docu was done in the 80's or 90's or later, after the fact. After watching this one though, I actually think there could be more proof for the mockumentary than at might first appear. Its a great mocku regardless, Rumsfeld, Kissinger, Haig, coupla others sit round and "fake" it as reminiscences while drinking coffee together in a room somewhere.

The Stanley documentary is much better. :rolleyes:

Man has never been to the moon. We would have been there many more times and others would have caught up with the US by this point. I still question how moon dust can fly up 3 feet and drop to the ground so quickly instead of momentum taking it away like a divot happens on earth. It was a sham and nothing less.

Well, I didn't say or imply that, nor is that the point of this short film. The point is that Stanley made serious and at first appearance strange deviations from a fairly straightforward Steven King story. The pertinent facts are revealed in the changes though. And to re-iterate, he is not saying NASA did not go to the moon (also my personal belief) but faked the TV scenes for...safety. I mean, who wants to see Apollo 11 crash and burn on the lunar surface? I certainly don't, there are way too many dead astronauts already.

But...he did imply that what we saw in most if not all the Apollo missions was his handiwork, photographically and cinematographically.

In return he was lent a multi-million dollar costing and very unique Carl Zeiss/NASA lens that was "so good" it could film candlelit scenes. If you don't get that last statement, read it again. They lent him a lens so good he did not need studio lights. There aren't too many camera lenses available today that can do that. FACT. Don't say "night vision" either! ;-P

Eyes Wide Shut here...(the one that got him killed)

Cheers

Phazed

Oh come on guys serious, start smoking a bit less. Not cannabis related and we are certainly not going to be another conspiracy forum, go to uk420 for that.

No Bilderberg, no fourth or fifth shooter, no evil messages when you play Nirvana reverse, unless they say something about cannabis ;)

well the cannabis consiracy theory holds up pretty well many years later.......I don't know that much about moons or moon landings but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night and funked the whole hallway up.....and the bathroom......that gas out my butt is terrible here on earth and when I went outside and swung my golf clubs, even high as hell eating cookies, the grass fell back to the earth the same way my golf ball fell from my hand and exactly the same as Alan Shepard does in the video on the moon. In college they called it gravity. Not sure what it is called now because I could not give a care less. (while smoking cannabis to keep this in context). High or not, I saw the grass fall back and in his video I saw the ball and soil drop. It seems as though those who plan these videos don't know squat about mathematics. But then again, I am just high. From Cannabis.

I think there is a conspiracy to take over Opengrow and fill it with off-topic threads. It's probably the CIA who feeds this: Let's face it, the best way to do a snow job is to bring so much ridiculous information that you don't know what it real and what is not. Keep the people busy with all the conspiracies and plant your own so no serious human being will ever believe them. :D

Anyways, enough of this, I am sure Stanley had his reasons for making movies (you got to make a living don't you) and the truth is in the eye of the beholder.

Every kind of ignorance in the world all results from not realizing that our perceptions are gambles. We believe what we see and then we believe our interpretation of it, we don't even know we are making an interpretation most of the time. We think this is reality. – Robert Anton Wilson

kubrick ? wasn't that the guy who died after making "eyes wide shut"?

ah, whatever ... and whazz is right: this really is not the place for this.

there's lots of interesting informations and interpretations to read

about stanley kubrick and the symbolism in his movies on the net ;)

sound stupid, i know a guy who headed the project for the armstrong moon project. super guy, true gent. was head hunted by nasa. physicist. uk person.

you know its sad to say but as you become old you sort of become great, your experince tell you so many thing and you know how to handle most things. old people great.

what ever you believe. make sure got a dream, and go for it. !!!

peace best regards

The moon landings are definately not fake. :lol:

There is a prism still on the surface of the moon that one of the missions left up there, it reflects a small percentage of light back if you point a super powerful laser at it.

I saw that on Mythbusters. lol

Where was gone that first amandmant-(freedom of speech)LOL

More wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

Dont want to take somebody glory and i want do that,its not fair.

But,i am amazed that nation who was on Moon,didnt be there after 1972,in only 3 years they made 6 soft landings on Moon and after that nothing,nada.

You must addmit that this is strange,i think if its so easy that you can made six manned missions very sucessfoul without cassualities,why they dont do that in this time?,40 years later,i belive that technique is much better today,better materials for rockets and stronger rocket now is avaible much more than before 40 years,also cameras are great today,it will be great to see moon in HD,maybe they can take more scientific equipment for mesuring more usefoul data,or they can start to build first USA base on moon,i think that every country will want to have base on Moon,specialy big forces like China,Russia and USA,its a thing of prestige.

@Foodstuffs-Here in second link you have a picture of this "prisms" what you talking about.

Regards,DJ

That's a good point DJ, why would they not be interested in going back to build bases etc?

They could've been scared off there, or they could well have construction and bases on the dark side,,,,

I don't believe they went and had a look a few times then left it undisturbed that's for sure, that would be an impossibility lol

Everyone should be free to talk about fiction in real life, but whoever said this forum was a democracy?

People who come here are members of this forum and they spend their valuable time here,however Sannie owns this place,but the forum is maded by many persons who are members of this forum(whithout them it will be empty place),so tell me who have more power here-people or Sannie?

I think its some kind of "symbiosis",one cant succeed without other,or if any side decide to take more power than it deserves,than natural balance is at risk,this "eco-system" will break apart,man,its like soil shit,if you dont give enough of air to people than will start "anaerobic conditions",bad thoughts and other shit,but if you give them freedom of speech in some threads,its like a fresh air for this people and give them thougts that things are rolling in good direction,than forum roots will be healty and this "plant" will grow happy and strong ,its easy like that-BALANCE :hug:

WE ARE THE 99%-Occupy Opengrow,ROFL :icecream: :D :P

You see,didnt think before about this button,now you give me some serious doubts ;) :lol:

Mods,please explanation,my paranoia is killing me :ph34r:

When you visit a forum you are a guest of that forum. This is actually someone's place, not a public facility you are entitled to have or a democracy and it has its own set op rules. See it as a church: You can all be active or not so active members but you don't swear in a church (or sing songs against Putin ;) :P).

The like button work on empathy: If you are positive enough it enables you to share that with others. It is highly sensitive. If you have reached your quota already, well, what can I say... :D