•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

MrGreenthumb

chemdog arrested

heard some rumors and checked some other sites and i guess it is true....chemdog was busted.this is truly a sad time,when is this stupid war on a plant going to end?

where did he get popped things here have been pretty mellow since the sweeps in april it's lame that big brother lied and is continuing his war against us

Never heard of him....sucks anytime this happens though.

I take it He is the Father of the CD?

Yeah, as the story goe he is the guy who found the seeds in the oz's of bud from Joebrand ( Joe Shmoe?). Those seeds were popped by Chemdog, and Chemdawg/Diesel was born. Bummer, no bueno.

Ya total bullshit...i assume this was in Cali?

Hopefully not big time fed charges?

Ass holes

supposedly in mass. and it is a lame bust under a q.p. so he will be home soon just a speed bump and a lesson learned

i hope he will be well, and i hope he is much safer in the future. alot of folks make mucho loot on ...

others just have tons of good times on his stuff. i will to one day have that kind of fun smoking CD and various family realted puff.

found this info..

Incarceration

Fine

Possession

One ounce or less* civil offense none $100

More than one ounce (first offense) misdemeanor 6 months** $500

More than one ounce (subsequent offense) misdemeanor 6 months*** $500

*Offenders under 18 will be required to attend a drug awareness program or pay a $1,000 fine.

**Probation with records sealed upon completion of probation.

***Probation possible.

Sale or Cultivation

Less than 50 lbs (first offense) misdemeanor 2 years*** $5,000

Less than 50 lbs (subsequent offense) misdemeanor 1 – 2.5 years $1,000 - $10,000

50 to 100 lbs felony 1 year MMS**** up to 2.5 - 15 years $500 - $10,000

100 to 2,000 lbs felony 3 years MMS**** up to 15 years $2,500 - $25,000

2,000 to 10,000 lbs felony 5 years MMS**** up to 15 years $5,000 - $50,000

More than 10,000 lbs felony 10 years MMS**** up to 15 years $20,000 - $200,000

Within 1,000 feet of school/100 feet of a park felony additional 2 years MMS**** up to 15 years $1,000 - $10,000

***Probation possible.

****Mandatory minimum sentence.

Miscellaneous (paraphernalia, license suspensions, drug tax stamps, etc...)

Paraphernalia possessing with intent to sell, selling, manufacture with intent to sell misdemeanor 1 - 2 years $500 - $5,000

Paraphernalia sale to a minor felony 3 - 5 years $1,000 - $5,000

Operating under influence (first offense) misdemeanor up to 2.5 years $500 - $5,000, plus additional fees and assessments

License suspensions Automatically by Registry of Motor Vehicles 1 – 5 years for any marijuana

crime if guilty

-Paraphernalia possession is not a crime, although paraphernalia remains subject to seizure and forfeiture.

Details

Question 2

An Act Establishing a Sensible State Marihuana Policy passed by 65% in 2008

Possession of one ounce or less of marijuana is a civil offense, subject to a $100 fine like a traffic ticket. Offenders under 18 are required to attend a drug awareness program or pay a $1000 fine. Possession of more than one ounce of marijuana is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $500. For first time offenders, the court will sentence the offender to probation and upon successful completion of the probation period, the offender's record will be sealed. For subsequent offenses, probation may still be possible.

Cultivation, possession with intent to sell, delivery or sale of less than 50 pounds of marijuana is punishable by up to two years in jail and a fine of up to $5,000. For 50 pounds or more, the penalty increases to a mandatory minimum of one year in prison and a possible range of 2.5 - 15 years in prison and a fine of $500 - $10,000. For cultivation or sale of 100 pounds or more the mandatory minimum sentence is three years and up to 15 years in prison, along with a fine of $2,500 - $25,000. For 2,000 pounds or more, the penalties increase to a mandatory minimum 5-year sentence up to 15 years in prison and a fine of $5,000 - $50,000. For any amount of 10,000 pounds or more, the mandatory minimum sentence is 10 years with up to 15 years in prison possible and a fine of $20,000 - $200,000.

Sale of marijuana within 1,000 feet of a school or 100 fee of a park adds another 2-year mandatory minimum sentence for sale and can go as high as an additional 15 years in prison and a fine of $1,000 - $10,000.

The possession with intent to sell, sale or manufacture of paraphernalia is punishable by 1 - 2 years in jail and a fine of $500 - $5,000, unless the sale was to a minor, in which case the penalty is 3 - 5 years in prison and a fine of $1,000 - $5,000. Government must prove defendant knew, or reasonably should know, that object held for sale, sold, or manufactured will be used to violate of Massachusetts Controlled Substances Act. The school zone/park mandatory minimum also applies.

Conditional release: The state allows conditional release or alternative or diversion sentencing for people facing their first prosecutions. Usually, conditional release lets a person opt for probation rather than trial. After successfully completing probation, the individual's criminal record does not reflect the charge.

Mandatory minimum sentence: When someone is convicted of an offense punishable by a mandatory minimum sentence, the judge must sentence the defendant to the mandatory minimum sentence or to a higher sentence. The judge has no power to sentence the defendant to less time than the mandatory minimum. A prisoner serving an MMS for a federal offense and for most state offenses will not be eligible for parole. Even peaceful marijuana smokers sentenced to "life MMS" must serve a life sentence with no chance of parole.

Decriminalization: The state has decriminalized marijuana to some degree. Typically, decriminalization means no prison time or criminal record for first-time possession of a small amount for personal consumption. The conduct is treated like a minor traffic violation.

Marijuana tax stamps: This state has a marijuana tax stamp law enacted. This law mandates that those who possess marijuana are legally required to purchase and affix state-issued stamps onto his or her contraband. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or criminal sanction. For more information, see NORML's report Marijuana Tax Stamp Laws And Penalties .

Also see Federal Laws

the good thing is mass. is a medical state and with an attorney and some cash things will be fine big brother likes cash its just how it is here in america and it sucks but shit imagine getting pinched in mexico or something no bueno

Question....

I assume my state gives 1 plant =lb ratio .

So if one stays under 50 and has a lawyer and 5 grand one is sorta golden?

I add never have weapons....never!!! add 10 years as i understand it.

Thanks

It was way more than that. 97 plants, 9 pounds of packaged weed and an unregistered gun. I have links that other people found. I don't really see what difference it makes posting them except his case is pending now. But they arrested him by his real name and that name is what was used when a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for CHEMDOG.

Some sites have been taking these threads down even though the cat is out of the bag now. It is a stoner interest story now and there are lessons to be learned from it.

XXXXXXXXEDITED OUTXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXEDITED OUTXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Things not to do. Come out of semi retirement and do a big story in High Times about yourself using the name Chemdog. Then register the Chemdog name under your real name. Then come out of retirement and start a breeding project and grow a pretty big amount of weed indoors that exceeds what you are allowed and what you are allowed to do with it. Oh and have an unregistered gun.

Edited by Maverick
Public record we are not showing pictures

Jesus Christ, a patent!? What a stoner move. I always wondered what he looked like, thank you FFC. You are a wealth of information.

I wonder if the two seeds that were left were entered into evidence?

Yeah , that's bad.Too bad .

Sounds like he was getting ahead of things -- like the law. About a year ago, I had the urge to register a trademark name and a domain name, in anticipation of full legalization. Then I sobered up!

I can understand his wanting to claim legal title to the name 'Chemdog,' and ChemD. You know someone will grab it eventually, if he doesn't. But shit...

Yeah, too bad.....Sometime the "15 minutes of fame", or the chance too make a dole, make you careless and blind too the obvious.

Its illegal what we do, except for a few lucky ones, but being on boards and Cups, fairs etc makes people forget that the P wants to slam you if they can....

A little reminder to do security checkups periodically..... Don't get lax

Satyr

Things not to do. Come out of semi retirement and do a big story in High Times about yourself using the name Chemdog. Then register the Chemdog name under your real name. Then come out of retirement and start a breeding project and grow a pretty big amount of weed indoors that exceeds what you are allowed and what you are allowed to do with it. Oh and have an unregistered gun.

FFC yes that's it in a nutshell and he has the patent for Chemdog which he will be known as in jail??

What are the consequences regarding firearms. Obviously unregistered weapons are bad but what about registered firearms. I live outside the city and was wanting to get a pistol for self defense and target shooting. I hesitate since I am growing MMJ within the guidelines of state laws allowing me to grow legally.

holy cow! those laws are pretty lenient compared to the deep south! more than an ounce even if its personal is a felony here the 1st time, and poundage with intent will get you as much time as murder in the 1st degree. child molestors get out sooner than growers caught with more than just a plant or 2. it sucks down here, people still believe the lies and propaganda, you actually have people here that call the cops the second they smell weed burning. they think they are good citizens. as far as states where it still isnt legal medically, maine has the best laws from what i have seen. up to 99 plants is a misdemeanor. thats cool, but too damn cold in maine for me!

holy cow! those laws are pretty lenient compared to the deep south! more than an ounce even if its personal is a felony here the 1st time, and poundage with intent will get you as much time as murder in the 1st degree. child molestors get out sooner than growers caught with more than just a plant or 2. it sucks down here, people still believe the lies and propaganda, you actually have people here that call the cops the second they smell weed burning. they think they are good citizens. as far as states where it still isnt legal medically, maine has the best laws from what i have seen. up to 99 plants is a misdemeanor. thats cool, but too damn cold in maine for me!

my first cultivation case was in tn. bro it was 4 plants and i got a 5 piece and i didn't know what i was doin then , needless to say i don't go to tn. anymore lol here in co. if you get caught they will give you probation your first time

So this says he's 38 years old. I thought the chemdawg story as I have read it says that it all started with the passing of seeds at a Dead show in 1991. Doesn't that make him 18 or possibly 17 years old in 1991? Not that it matters, but its impressive work for a high school aged kid. Not sure if any teenager Ive met is capable of proliferating a strain like chemdawg....

Any chance he is just a guy who trademarked the name Chemdog in an attempt to cash in? Not making any accusations, just observations.

It was way more than that. 97 plants, 9 pounds of packaged weed and an unregistered gun. I have links that other people found. I don't really see what difference it makes posting them except his case is pending now. But they arrested him by his real name and that name is what was used when a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for CHEMDOG.

Some sites have been taking these threads down even though the cat is out of the bag now. It is a stoner interest story now and there are lessons to be learned from it.

damn saw ur post FFC, i can't figure guys who have it good not being smart enough to stay under the radar. man i would trade places with so many of them . and u wouldn't ever know who the fuck i was.

Damn, gave himself up to sell trade marked tee shirts?? Can you really make that big of a pile of cash selling tee shirts that say, CHEMDOG ? Oh man.

Some aspects should remain in myth and legend. This is one of those reasons. The man will not let you be successful and famous easily and will notice who and what you are and wait for their time. Many years ago I knew an IRS guy. He said the worst thing people can do is brag about a big deal they made or the like. Do yourself a favor, shut up and be unknown for the most part.