Best marijuana grow book

10 replies to this topic

#1 ButchBigBud

Butch Big Bud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:My 4 Dogs,Wood Carving, Woodworking, Fly-fishing, Growing the best medical marijuana I can

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:51 AM

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the best pot growing book and what they have in their library?
These are my books:
Marijuana growers Guide by Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal
Indoor Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cervantes
The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green
My choice for the most informative would be
#1 The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green
#2 Marijuana growers Guide by Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal
#3 Indoor Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cervantes

Butch BB

#2 Misterdirt

Ward Cleaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4524 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

The only one I ever read was Ed Rosenthal's 2010 version of the Marijuana Grower's Handbook.

It's good. I got a lot of ideas from it, and he clearly knows a lot. I recommend it, BUT:

The editing and proof reading is atrocious -- really the worst I've seen in a published book. Paragraphs are repeated, some sentences that should be continued on the next page just disappear and a new paragraph begins, misspelled words... The editors really did the man a disservice, and I assume they were stoned off their asses when they edited, or they are totally incompetent.
Place no head above your own.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#3 UMphreak McGee

You'll Never Get Out Of This Maze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Interests:Many things.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

Completely agree. It's a good book and the pics are nice as well but yea, the editing is awful and Ed contradicts himself quite a few times.

#4 exmember

Super Grower

• Ex-member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

Will dig it out but its a book from nice n easy about growing an oz for little money. If you see this N n E put up the pdf. A stoners book for simple farming.

#5 drip-n-wet

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

Organic Mj Soma style not a lot of fancy pictures .But some good info

#6 lowrider

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Cannabis, gardening, computers and running.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:05 AM

Marijuana growers Guide by Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal
Indoor Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cervantes
Got these in my library to, and must say its my bible, reference. mainly I have cooking books, info books to use as reference. Awesome the other day to find a 300 page hemp hardcover cooking book for roughly the equivalent of 10 Euros.

#7 skoman

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

If you are growing hydroponically "Hydroponics Indoor Horticulture" is a really good book. Even if you aren't growing the hydro way this book has great info about growing MMJ.

#8 Gnome

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:48 AM

I've read The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green online and thought it was good. Doesn't come close to The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes though imo.

The bible's the only grow book I own, covers everything I need, written and explained really well, and many quality pics to boot. :)

#9 mack 10

dankster extrodinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Interests:smoking dank;)

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

holla, i used to have a nice collection, the firsst 65 issues of weed world, soma's book. dj short's,3 cannabible's, closet cultivator by ed,cannabis botany by rc clarke and loads of old bits, all taken by the leo/pigs a few years ago in a bust. they were not happy with just my plants and grow eqipment. typical leo. mack
Dank Smokin'Mofo

#10 Clepter™

The Weed Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts
  • Interests:Invasive plants, sex, cannabis, drugs, weapons, technology, science, self-improvement, self-destruction, and loopholes.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

View PostGnome, on Aug 29 2011, 23:48, said:

Doesn't come close to The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes though imo.

The bible's the only grow book I own, covers everything I need, written and explained really well, and many quality pics to boot. :)

A dude let me look at that book...it was actually pretty good.

There are things in there that I've never seen on a forum before, such as splitting stems on clones, etc.

Each page is "glossy" as well, so if you're a neophyte, you'd have no problem actually reading from it as you cast spells; spills would easily wipe off.

#11 coxnox

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Interests:music, djing & growing

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:34 AM

View Postmack 10, on Aug 30 2011, 16:20, said:

holla, i used to have a nice collection, the firsst 65 issues of weed world, soma's book. dj short's,3 cannabible's, closet cultivator by ed,cannabis botany by rc clarke and loads of old bits, all taken by the leo/pigs a few years ago in a bust. they were not happy with just my plants and grow eqipment. typical leo. mack

my favourit !! and everybody can read it here, in the growing guide!!