•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

thor

growing in humid climates

well everyone i just moved from a dry climate to a totally humid one and was wondering what kind of problems i might run into?i am guessing mold could be an issue but other than that i have no idea.fighting mainly the heat right now,have them in a closet inside but it is just so hot even with the ac going and two fans,i know it is still to hot and having to give them more water than i normally would but they are not dead or browning so i guess that is something although they sort of have a bonzai look to them but not real old yet and going to hold off on going to 12-12 for awhile.well anyways would just like to hear from anyone who grows in a humid climate to have an idea what to expect,thanks all ;)

Hi Thor

Powder mildew tends to show up more in humid climates... Bud mold can also show up indoors but PM is more common.

Consider getting an efficient dehumidifier to run just outside the grow room to keep relative humidity down.. Good prevention :huh:

During the colder months plants may tend to drink less, that's when I lighten up my soil mix by adding more perlite.

You'll fine tune things as you grow along ;)

Cheers

as pro p said

in the past in have tried to lighten my soil mixture, mainly winter, i a have also grown pheno that are more suitable for the enviroment. although i am in control of my enviroment 90% , so time i have found it difficult, that the truth. maybe you could explain the problems and condition and the genetic that you want to use for you sent up / enviroment.

all the best

inkg

as pro p said

in the past in have tried to lighten my soil mixture, mainly winter, i a have also grown pheno that are more suitable for the enviroment. although i am in control of my enviroment 90% , so time i have found it difficult, that the truth. maybe you could explain the problems and condition and the genetic that you want to use for you sent up / enviroment.

all the best

inkg

thanks,mainly growing indica right now,indica dominant atleast,i got two white rhinos and two extremas that i got from sannie,the rhino is from a different breeder,got to re-up on a couple of things,fert,a new thermometer plus i guess i would like to get something that measures humidity,yeah and i know i will be looking into a dehumidifier

The dehumidifier should be of a big help. Keep air movement in the room. You might want to check out a sulphur burner too. You might also consider removing more of the plate leaves to allow better circulation.